• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 1,453 Views, 18 Comments

Foreknowledge 2 - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



First off, read part one if you haven't. If you have this is part two to Foreknowledge as the main character tries to help keep Equestria on track and guide it safely to its future.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,453

Chapter 14: Music

Author's Note:

Dr_Squipadelio;
Mr_H. is out, i'm covering for him this chapter.

Main reason to why this chapter is longer than most is because the main character is singing along to some music on his phone. That said, it would be best if you listened to the music(I hope it matches up to the reading). You could also just completely skip the music and lyrics. However you want it.

Chapter 14: Music

Since the morning I was in my home making several TV's to sell and hearing to some music from my phone that was connected to a speaker I had made. It was more or less midday. I had already introduced a microwave to these pony's, but had to make it run off magic since their houses didn't have outlets. I was going to make a few houses with electricity for pony's. I was starting to get filthy rich so I would give the pony who used the house money for moving in and any requirements for the first week. I was making the semi bulky, semi flat TVs for now. I just listened to the next song in the play list. I needed a few other resources for a big flat screen TV so I was waiting for the resources. I was on my sixty ninth TV. I knew practically all the songs on my phone so I was singing along.

"When we were young the future was so bright
(Whao)
The old neighborhood was so alive
(Whao)
And every kid on the whole damn street
(Whao)
Was gonna make it big in every beat"

I was making the wires connect to their other parts. I had some trouble making the first TV. Whatever you call some trouble...assuming your first TV burst into flames and self destructed. Anyways I had to make twelve TV's before I knew where everything went. After those attempts I was making a good pace at these TV's. I waited for the actual words to start to sing along to the song.

"Chances thrown
Nothing's free
Longin' for what used to be
Still it's hard
Hard to see
Fragile lives, shattered dreams, yo"

I was just about done with this TV. I just had to put the front glass/hard plastic for the front. The front had the colors and the wires made some bright and others dull in order to make different colors. The glass had the main three colors and mixed the brightness up to produce multiple colors.

"Jamie had a chance, well she really did
(Whao)
Instead she dropped out and had a couple of kids
(Whao)
Mark still lives at home 'cause he's got no job
(Whao)
He just plays guitar and smokes a lot of pot

Jay committed suicide
(Whao)
Brandon OD'd and died
(Whao)
What the hell is going on?
The cruelest dream, reality"

I adjusted the glass to the TV, which also was powered by magic, and turned it on. Nothing but static, since there was nothing designed for it. With that done I levitated it over to the others and brought new parts for my next TV. Wires everywhere, cables everywhere, glass, and the hard plastic shell for the TV. Well, lets start again. I brought the shell and put it right side up to start connecting the wires and chips for coloration as the next song on my playlist of all songs played.

I was untangling the wires and cables and cursed at these cables for being so messed up and tangles. I just tried to untangle them as I began to sing to the new song. I gave up with untangling them by hand and used magic to force them apart. With that done I placed them neatly to the side and grabbed one by one connecting them to the TV once the chips where in place inside the hard plastic shell.

"Hallo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
Și te rog, iubirea mea, primește fericirea.
Alo, alo,
Sunt eu, Picasso,
Ți-am dat bip
și sunt voinic,
dar să știi, nu-ți cer nimic."

I had connected two wires to their according chips and was connecting the two wires together. I grabbed another wire and connected it into the mix.

"Vrei să pleci, dar nu mă, nu mă iei
Nu mă, nu mă iei
Nu mă, nu mă, nu mă iei,
Chipul tău și dragostea din tei,
Mi-amintesc de ochii tăi."

I now had five wires in place and had several more to go. I was slowly but surely putting all the wires into place. Until I noticed I had misplaced one wire that was connected to several more so I had to take the whole bundle of wires out and re connect them to their appropriate chip and their other wires. I couldn't mess up because if I did the coloration, audio, and visual could be messed up. I would check them all later.

"Te sun să-ți spun
ce simt acum,
Alo, iubirea mea, sunt eu, fericirea.
Alo, alo,
sunt iarăși eu, Picasso,
Ți-am dat bip, și sunt voinic
Dar să știi nu-ți cer nimic."

I had the wires back in place from when I had to take them out and had to tie the wires within the plastic shells covering the wires tied together. I would get a small shock every now and then as some wires would connect to each other. I was beginning to get tired of this. I was almost done as the song was ending.

"(4x)
Mai-ha-hi
Mai-ha-hu
Mai-ha-ha
Mai-ha-ha-ha

(2x)
Vrei să pleci, dar nu mă, nu mă iei
Nu mă, nu mă iei
Nu mă, nu mă, nu mă iei,
Chipul tău și dragostea din tei,
Mi-amintesc de ochii tăi."

I put the 75% finished TV to the side and stretched my arm. I was some what tired from being in that position so I stood up and stretch my legs and arms and sat back down on my chair with a thump. I looked over to the things I had made over the months. Some I still had to introduce to these pony's. I had one dozen of each. I had pencils, different colored pens, post-its, paper clips, microwaves, TV's, a few musical instruments(My own fun, the pony's already had those), etc. I just looked at my things I had made as the next song came up on my play list of all songs I had. How convenient. I made a guitar float over to me as I adjusted the strings and began to play along to the music. I had learned how to play with a guitar and a few other instruments when I was in high school.

"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time"

My hands hit the right string on the guitar so I could produce the right tone for the song.

"It's something unpredictable but in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life"

The words stopped as the music of my guitar and the phones music kept going for a while. I just smiled at this moment. God damn the music, always getting to me. I loved music but hated it. Its weird. My expression said yes by inside I hate the fact that I like it. I never make sense, I am constantly contradicting with myself.

"So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth, it was worth all the while"

I had a faint smile from my contradicting state of mind.

"It's something unpredictable but in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable but in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable but in the end is right
I hope you had the time of your life"

The song slowly came to a finish as I stopped playing. I cracked my fingers and waalked, about to put away my guitar when a voice interrupted me.

"You have a lovely voice."

There are several things wrong here. I don't like singing in front of others. I don't like people coming in on me without telling me they are their. I don't like people who just enter my house unannounced. And I was not prepare for a random person so I stumbled as I was walking to put my guitar away. I turned to see who it was when I realized it was Twilight. God damn it Twilight.

"What the fuck Twilight."

"What?"

"Okay one, I don't like singing in front of others. Two, I don't like people coming in on me without telling me they are their. And three, I certainly don't like people who just enter my house unannounced."

"I'm not exactly people. I'm a pony. I did tell you I was hear but some of your music was a little too loud. And can't you make an exception for your mare friend?"

God damn bitch using logic against me. I hated when people used logic on me. Eon has the most logical mind out of us, and he knew that she had me there. I just squinted my eyes at her and put my guitar away.

"You had to use logic against me Twi."

"You played beautifully along with your phone."

"Uh, thanks. How long have you been there?"

"A few hours."

"A few hours?!"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I never really get to hear you sing, and I had a feeling that if I interrupted you you would stop."

"For fucks sake Twi. Why did you even come here?"

"The library is closed for the day, Spike left to do errands for me and then Rarity, and I wanted to talk about your human inventions."

"Uh, huh. And you have just been sitting there the entire time?"

"Yes. I liked the last two songs. I didn't understand the second to last one though."

"Thats because the second to last one wasn't in English. I have the English version somewhere there if you want to hear it later. Now, don't tell others that I sing. I find it demeaning."

"Okay. With one condition."

"Which is?"

"Sing along to the English version of the song you said you had."

"Is there a second option?"

"It's that or tell everypony your 'demeaning' secret."

"God damn it, fine. You are sounding sadistic Twi."

"It's not sadistic. You are not suffering for my fun."

"No, not me. My dignity is though."

"Just sing."

"Fine, fine. Let me just look for the song."

I went through my phone looking for the English version of the song. I preferred the original version because I didn't exactly like how it translated to English. As it slowly played I just sat down and levitated a TV over to me and began to work on it since I hadn't finished it.

"(2x)
Mai-Ya-Hi
Mai-Ya-Hoo
Mai-Ya-Ha
Mai-Ya-Ha-Ha

(2x)
Mai-Ya-Hi (Ma Ma Ya)
Mai-Ya-Hoo (Ma Ma Ya)
Mai-Ya-Ha (Ma Ma Ya)
Mai-Ya-Ha-Ha"

I was just trying to not give a fuck about the lyrics as I worked on the TV and sang.

"Hello, Salute, It's me, Your Duke
And I made something that's real to show you how I feel
Hello, Hello, It's me, Picasso
I will paint, My words of love, with your name on every wall.

When you leave my colors fade to gray
Ooh a Ooh ah ay, Ooh ah Ooh a Ooh ah ay
Every word of love I use to say.
Now I paint them everyday.
When you leave my colors fade to gray
Hey little lover stay, or all my colors fade away
Every word of love I use to say.
Now I paint them everyday."

I could see her from my peripheral vision. She just looked at me and at the music with this face. I just tried to ignore it all and payed attention to my TV.

"I sold, my strings, my song and dreams
And I bought some paints to match the colors of my love.
Hello, Helloo, It's me again, Picasso.
I will spray, my words of love with your name on every wall.

When you leave my colors fade to gray
Ooh a Ooh ah ay, Ooh ah Ooh a Ooh ah ay
Every word of love I use to say.
Now I paint them everyday.
When you leave my colors fade to gray
Hey little lover stay, or all my colors fade away
Every word of love I use to say.
Now I paint them everyday."

Now two parts of me was hating this. Jason and I hated this. Smiles seemed happy with the music. Eon didn't give a fuck.

"(2x)
Mai-Ya-Hi
Mai-Ya-Hoo
Mai-Ya-Ha
Mai-Ya-Ha-Ha

(2x)
Mai-Ya-Hi (Ma Ma Ya)
Mai-Ya-Hoo (Ma Ma Ya)
Mai-Ya-Ha (Ma Ma Ya)
Mai-Ya-Ha-Ha"

I was almost done with the TV as the song came to a close. Thank God. This song seemed like it lasted forever. The shit I do to keep my secrets and dignity intact. I put my thoughts aside and tried to finish the TV and song.

"When you leave my colors fade to gray
Ooh a Ooh ah ay, Ooh ah Ooh a Ooh ah ay
Every word of love I use to say.
Now I paint them everyday.
When you leave my colors fade to gray
Hey little lover stay, or all my colors fade away
Every word of love I use to say.
Now I paint them everyday."

The song finally finished and my moment of torture had ended. I was just about to finish my TV as the song finished. I finished the TV about twelve seconds after the song. I carried the TV to the others and left it there. I'm making so much money already. Can't imagine my money with this. I just looked at Twilight.

"That was beautiful."

"Yeah well don't get used to it. I did that for my secret and my dignity. I just hope you keep your end of the promise."

"Of course. Now for the reason I came."

"Which is?"

"Human technology."

"Lets go upstairs. This will be a long talk no doubt."

We left upstairs and sat in the balcony. She asked me about rocket science since I had used the phrase 'It's not rocket science' and she wanted to know what type of science it was. So I had to explain to her what a rocket was. Then she asked some questions about that, and some more questions, and she learned that humans made it to the moon. She just kept asking about all this shit.

When she stopped asking about the moon, she asked about the TV's. I told her it was what I had first shown her when I arrived and she recalled the day. Then she seemed exited that pony's would have such a thing. I would have to set up towers to amplify magic so the TV's could have shows. I would have to tell the ones I sell this to how to make it and how to start a few shows.

We kept talking about human inventions, and Twilight pointed out that humans weren't all bad. I just gave her this look and she didn't say anything. We talked about a humans science and lack of magic. She then asked about the sun and moon. She was surprised when she found out that they didn't rise or fall. I then had to draw the solar system and explain how the planets revolved around the sun, the biggest mass that held the planets in orbit. She thought that was weird and strange, so I told her that the weather wasn't controlled by humans. How it moved and changed on its own. She was just surprised and said the planet must be like the everfree. I pointed out there where dangerous animals out and about.

The talk lasted a long time as we left to the kitchen and ate as the night came to the land. We had found ourselves on the couch of the living room. She just lay across my lap as I stroked her mane and scratched behind her ear. She just had a smile. We where like that for about half an hour when I noticed my pants felt slightly damp. I looked at my pants and saw a small, dark wet spot. I saw where the wetness came from.

"Ugh, Twilight?"

She didn't respond, or move. I just poked her.

"Twilight?"

I realized she was asleep. This was awkward as fuck so I just took her to one of my rooms and put her to bed. With that done I went to the adjacent room and lay on bed. I just lay there staring at the roof for a few minutes before sleep claimed me.