• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 1,453 Views, 18 Comments

Foreknowledge 2 - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



First off, read part one if you haven't. If you have this is part two to Foreknowledge as the main character tries to help keep Equestria on track and guide it safely to its future.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,453

Chapter 8: Testing

Chapter 8: Testing

I had sent my pens and pencils out for sale a week ago. I have two thousand three hundred and sixty four bits in my VPD just waiting to be spent. I had a few pistols ready for testing. I mass produced bullets to save time. I made them with chaos magic. I guess that's cheating but I did make the guns myself. I wanted a weapon I made with my hands. It's just a thing I have. Use most things that I have made. Anyway's, I went to the everfree to test out these guns.

"Well, no time like the present to test my guns."

I walked around until I came to a familiar clearing. Almost all the stumps have disappeared. I loaded a gun with a mag and took off the safety. I pointed to a near by tree and fired. I felt the kick from the gun and heard the bullet hit the tree. I walked up to the tree and checked to see if the bullet was en lodged or if it bounced off. It was definitely inside the tree. I was ten feet away from the tree on that shot so I doubled it. I shot the tree. I went forty feet away. I shot the tree. I went sixty feet away and shot the tree. I repeated the process. When the mag was out of bullets I walked up to the tree. Only one bullet was not inside the tree.

"Better than I thought I was at least."

Using chaos magic, I made a target appear and land on a tree. I took practice on aiming for the middle. Out of five shots I hit the second zone twice. I was about twenty one feet away. At that distance, a human could still live. Not sure about pony's. I was not exactly good at aiming either. I was practicing with a silencer on my gun so no one would come out. I was practicing my shooting for an hour until I decided that I was a decent enough shot at this.

"With that over. Lets do running and shooting practice."

I ran from point A to point B. There was a tree with a target on it in the middle of my run. I was trying to shoot the target with the variable of movement present. It took a while but I got the hang of it. With that done I was about to make my target move instead of me when I heard several branches snap. I pointed my gun to the source.

"Who's there!?"

"..."

"Come out!"

"..."

I began to slowly advance when a big ball of energy came my way. I used my three sources of magic to block it but it was useless. The ball of energy went through my force field of chaos, alicorn, and human magic. Oh fuck. Right before it hit me I lifted up my arms to protect myself. It made impact and I passed out.

I woke up in my room. I was in bed. Was that a dream? Fucked up dream if so. I sat up trying to get some air. I went to my balcony and sat on a chair looking over the forest. I noticed something missing. Something important.

"Where's my nano band?"

I panicked.

"Where the fuck is it!?"

I looked around and found nothing. It shouldn't have been able to come off unless the wearer inserted a code! I looked around and still nothing.

"Oh God now what? I cant get my stuff. My money, my swords, my equipment was all in the-"

I was cut off by something loud crashing on the floor. I ran to the other room and saw all my stuff from my VPD on the floor.

"The hell? This is good and all but having a VPD to store stuff in was-"

Suddenly all of my stuff vanished. I just stared at where my stuff once was and took me three seconds to process it.

"What the fuck is going on!?"

I was cursing at my situation for a few minutes. Then I realized all my forms to transform into where also gone.

"Oh for fucks sake! I can't even fly any more!"

Suddenly wings grew out from my back. I just stared at them. I flapped them. They where working. I only had one thing to say.

"WHATS GOING THE FUCK ON!?"

~One long panic attack later~

May I say something?

"Please do!"

I think I know what is going on with our body.

"Okay, what do you think is going on?"

The blast that knocked us out was real and is what caused us to no longer have a nano band.

"But i'm doing things only the nano band could do for me."

True. My theory is that the blast of energy did something to the nano band and us and fused us together as one thing not two.

"How the hell does that even work?"

It's just a theory. So this would mean that you are in control. You don't have to command it just think of doing it. It's like moving, you just do it and don't really think about it.

"This is bull shit."

~One long try later~

"Okay so it does work."

It only took you eighty working tries to admit that it works.

"So does this mean I have all transformations?"

I guess so.

"Lets test it out. This is insane."

~Hours of testing everything out later~

"This will be very useful."

Now you just have to have practice with this.

"Hell yeah I will. But what was that blast?"

Who knows? Some things are not meant to be known.

"Look. The sun is setting. We wasted this entire day figuring this out. It would be better if I could go back to when I noticed my nano band missing to skip this."

I felt this wind. I turned around and saw my surroundings turn into a flash of colors. The fuck is going on!? I was there for a few seconds as the wind stopped and I appeared on the balcony. The sun was high in the air. A small smile came to my lips.

"Did I just...?"

I think we did.

"My life just got more interesting"