• Published 30th Jan 2015
  • 1,454 Views, 18 Comments

Foreknowledge 2 - Mr_Hippopotomonstroses



First off, read part one if you haven't. If you have this is part two to Foreknowledge as the main character tries to help keep Equestria on track and guide it safely to its future.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,454

Chapter 12: The Question

Author's Note:

Have something here to get the mood of the story. Just click

Chapter 12: The Question

I was in the library reading. It was dark out. Rain was scheduled to happen in a few minutes and would last around an hour. I flew here, so I had wings on my back. Twilight was doing research on something with Spike so they walked from here to there every once in a while. Spike left to help Rarity like he had promised her. Twilight told Spike to stay there during the rain. Spike hapilly agreed to that. I looked outside and saw the clouds being moved to their place in the sky.

Twilight had left to go take a shower. It began to rain one minute after she went to take a shower. I went out the back door that led to the back yard. I sat on the steps and looked up. The rain was coming down on me.

I spread my wings and flew around in the rain. The rain on my face felt nice. I flew around in a circle and came back down to the back yard. I walked to the place that looked like a porch, grabbed a chair, and sat down.

I just smiled and closed my eyes. There was something about the rain I always liked. I just sat there. Enjoying my moment of silence. Nothing but the rain. I didn't even notice Twi come out and sit next to me until she spoke up.

"Why are you out here?"

"Huh? Oh. I'm just enjoying the rain."

"Enjoying the rain?"

"Yeah. People never really liked the rain. They said a rainy day was a day wasted. I never thought that. I always enjoyed being outside in the rain. I'm not sure why. I just enjoy it."

We sat for another moment of silence. Nothing but the rain falling down. I opened my eyes and looked at Twilight. I couldn't tell why but she didn't look normal, something was up. Something was on her mind, that much I could tell.

"Twi, whats wrong?"

"It's nothing."

"Twi."

"...I like somepony but I don't know if he likes me back."

That kind of threw me off. I never really thought she would have that problem. I always thought she was to busy to go looking at guys.

"Oh. Does he show any signs that he might like you?"

"I'm not exactly sure. Can you help me?"

"I don't exactly know how to help you here Twi."

"Sure you can."

"How?"

"What do you look for in somepo- someone."

How do I answer that? I had never really thought about it. My old job didn't exactly allow me to have a stable relationship. I just thought about it for a second.

"I don't know. Funny, smart, easy to talk to, someone who is there for you. I'm not entirely sure."

"How would you let someone know that you had feelings for them?"

"I don't know. Your asking the wrong guy. The best thing I can think of is by just going for it and straight up letting them know-"

I was interrupted by her kissing me. My eyes snapped open, as did my wings. I was not ready for that. I never expected that to happen. That's why she was asking me... The kiss lasted for five seconds until she broke it and just sat back down looking at me. I never moved. I saw her eyes scanning my face for any hints of what I was thinking. Her face was red as fuck.

"Oh..."

She just stared at me waiting for a response. I was just trying to processes what the absolute literal fuck had just happened. She got the courage to speak again.

"Night Wing. Would you like to be my coltfriend?"

I just stared at her as my wings came down. She is adorable. Why not? I just smiled at her.

"No."

"W-What?"

I could see her eyes beginning to water. I just pulled her into a kiss that lasted for a second and pulled away. I just looked at her face. She was confused.

"I don't want to be your coltfriend. I want to be your boyfriend. K?"

She just looked at me until she figured out what I had said. She just smiled and pulled me into a hug. She had a death grip on me. For fuck sake girl. You hugging me like I am never seeing you again or some shit. I could faintly hear her repeating the words 'Thank you' under her breath. When she finally let go she just leaned on my shoulder as we watched the rain.

We sat there, only the sound of the rain falling when I decided to voice an opinion that kept going in through my head.

"You know, that explains allot of your behavior."

"He, he."

"What I can't figure out is, why didn't I see it before?"

"Well..."

That would be my doing.

"What?"

I saw that she liked us and gave her the time to tell us. I made sure you wouldn't notice how she acted differently around you.

"God damn it Smiles."

"Yeah he agreed to help me."

"When?"

"When Discord escaped. He had told me that only he noticed how I felt about you and helped me out. He had told me to ask you when it rained. He told me you had always liked the rain."

"Well your plan worked. But are you sure about this Twi?"

"Of course. Why?"

"Humans can be very dangerous. I made a God of Chaos fear my by showing him what humanity was capable of. You know that we are constantly at war with each other. You have seen that weapon that is meant to kill others."

I noticed she had a some what angry facial expression so I stopped talking. She just stared at me for a few seconds before talking.

"Those are other humans. I won't have you talking bad about yourself. I know you aren't like those humans. I don't judge you bye what others have done. I view you by what you have done."

"Even so, I myself can be an asshole from time to time and straight up just a plain dick."

"I'm sure I can fix that. Even if I don't I know I can live with it."

"Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you."

We sat there in silence once again as she leaned again my shoulder. We sat there for a few minutes enjoying the rain when I spoke up.

"We should go back inside before one of us catches a cold."

"You went outside first."

"Yeah, and you followed."

We went inside and dried ourselves up. I grabbed some cloths from the VPD and changed as Twilight just used a towel. We moved in front of the fire place. We just sat there as Twilight brought a blanket to warm us up. We just sat there as we huddled up trying to warm ourselves up.

"Well this was certainly an interesting day."

"I liked it."

"Since when?"

"Since when what?"

"Did you develop feelings for me?"

"I am not exactly sure. I do know I was sure I had feelings for you that night when we where star gazing."

"How did you realize?"

"When you had told me 'you don't know what you have until you lose it'. I thought about you. I couldn't imagine loosing you."

"That sounds to crappy for me. Then again this is coming from a creature that goes of of love and tolerance so I see why you would say that."

"At least it worked out on the end."

"Yes. That it did."

We just sat there as she tried to get as close to me as possible in the blanket. We just sat there. Only hearing the fire have a pop every once in a while and the rain outside. We just sat there.