• Published 25th Jan 2015
  • 1,192 Views, 68 Comments

Becoming A Cutie Mark Crusader - Fire Hoof



My name is Fire Hoof, and I am ten years old. I just now moved to Ponyville, and it is my first day of school.

  • ...
7
 68
 1,192

My First Day Of School

My name is Fire Hoof. I am an orange pegasus with black hooves. My mane and tail are long and flowing, and are also orange and black. My muzzle, like my hooves, have a similar black pattern. I am ten years old, and my passion is flying, drawing, and racing. My family is from Whitetail Woods, but yesterday we moved to Ponyville. I am sitting in my new chair, at my new desk, at my new school.

The teacher is very smart. Her name is Ms. Cheerilee. She is the color purple, and her cutiemark is three flowers. I wish I had my cutiemark. To my left sits an orange pegasus filly with short purple hair. She looks fun, but I am too shy to talk to her right now. To my right sits a silver earth pony with blue glasses. In front of me is a white unicorn with curly hair. Ms. Cheerilee begins class.

First she introduced me to my classmates. "Alright, students. Now, as you all may have realized, we have a new student starting today! Her name is Fire Hoof, and she is all the way from Whitetail Woods! Fire Hoof, would you like to tell the class 'hello'?"

"Hi... I'm Fire Hoof, but you can call me by my middle name, Bolt." I said shyly.

"Wow! That's an awesome middle name, Bolt!" The orange pegasus next to me said.

"Hello! I'm Silver Spoon." The gray pony to my right stated.

"And I'm Sweetie Belle! Nice to meet you!" The unicorn in front of me squeaked.

The class continued to greet me.

"It's great to meet all of you!" I say, feeling not as shy as earlier.

Ms. Cheerilee clapped her hooves, but that did not get the class' attention. Instead, she yelled, "Alright, class! Sit down, and be quiet!"

At once the room became quiet as all of the little ponies looked at the teacher and obeyed her. I did, too.

Our teacher taught us english first, then math, and then finally history. We had recess next.

I walked outside, but I had no friends yet to go talk and play with. The white unicorn that sat in front of me, Sweetie Belle, walked up to me. Behind her was the orange pony Scootaloo, and a yellow earth pony with red hair and a pink bow.

"Do you want to be a part of our club?" The high-pitched unicorn asked me.

"What kind of club is it?" I asked.

"You know how you don't yet have your cutiemark?" Sweetie asked me.

"Yeah...?" I say back.

"Our club, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, helps ponies just like us get our cutiemarks!" Scootaloo said.

"Sure, I'll join!" I giggled.

"By the way, my name is Apple Bloom. What did you say your name was again?" The yellow pony asked me in a country voice.

"Fire Hoof. But if you'd like, my middle name is Bolt. It's a lot cooler, I think." I replied.

"It is an awesome name!" Scootaloo says.

Just then, Silver Spoon and a pink pony began to walk towards us.

"Those are bullies! Don't pay any attention to them, Bolt." Apple Bloom says, looking nervous.

"Is that another baby?" The pink earth pony next to Silver Spoon asked. She was looking straight at me.

Scootaloo walked in front of me saying, "No! Don't make fun of any of my friends!"

"Really? I think we already did!" Silver Spoon said, a smile growing on her face.

I feel like I am about to cry. My cheeks became pink. I didn't cry, though. It was hard, but I held it in.

The two bullies walked away, laughing with themselves.

"Like we said, don't pay them any attention. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are big meanies, but that won't stop us from having fun and being awesome!" Scootaloo said.

"I have a farm, and on it is our group clubhouse. It used to be my sister's, but then she gave it to me and my friends. After school, you should come with us! Then we can make you a real Cutie Mark Crusader!" Apple Bloom said, changing the subject.

"Sure thing! But, I do have flying practice, so it can't be very long." I reply, a smile on my face.

Ms. Cheerilee rang the bell on the schoolhouse; it was time to go back inside.

We ate lunch. I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with celery. Scootaloo brought a leftover hayburger from her dinner last night, and Sweetie Belle was eating a salad. Apple Bloom had some cinnamon apples from her lunchbox. We continued to talk.

"My sister says she used to eat cinnamon apples when she was little, too." Apple Bloom said, swallowing a slice of her treat.

"Who is your sister?" I asked her, curious.

"Her name is Applejack. She's a little bit older than me, well, not a little bit, but, we get along just fine for being so far apart in age!" She replied.

"I have a sister, too!" Sweetie Belle said, "Her name is Rarity. She makes dresses, and sometimes she goes a little too far in making sure they are perfect! Just don't tell her I said that!" She giggled.

"I don't have a sister at all, but I feel like Rainbow Dash is like a sister to me. She's so cool the way she makes super-ultra-awesome-amazing Sonic Rainbooms!" She said. "She flies through the sky like a bullet, and because of her mane she makes rainbows everywhere she goes!"

"I sometimes look like I have fire on the tips of my hooves when I fly fast," I say. "I like flying through clouds, too. They're really fun. Do you fly a lot, Scootaloo?" I asked her.

"Well... I can't exactly fly." She confesses quietly.

"Do you have a sister?" Sweetie Belle asked me, realizing that Scootaloo didn't want to talk about flying anymore.

"Her name is Vanilla Mocha. She has white fur and brown hair, and is trying to open her own coffee shop. Although I have wings, she has a horn. My dad is a pegasus, and my mom is a unicorn. My little brother is a pegasus like me, though." I say.

We continued to have lunch.

Author's Note:

This is my first story! Please no rude comments. (I am a lot younger, and my sister helped me write this.) Vanilla Mocha helped me write it. :coolphoto::derpytongue2::yay: