• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 5,540 Views, 468 Comments

Rise of an Empire, Fall of Another - Kyuubi325



To the far east across the vast sea is the forgotten homeland of the diamond dogs. A land once full of poverty, sickness, and famine has become a new super power that threatens Equestrias economic dominance/standing.

  • ...
23
 468
 5,540

PreviousChapters Next
Slaughter (edited by Cakebomb)

Zebrican Trade Route

50 kilometers from Equestrian border

6 days after first contact

Balsam's Trade Caravan

Gabor noticed that the warriors under his command were reacting to every sound they heard; they had a number of Zulu warriors from Balsam's personal army. Their armaments ranged from Boa swords, Ngbandi Spears, and the largest warriorof the group was carrying a Ceremonial Axe that was blessed by Balsam himself, who used his own blood to christen the blade. He looks over to his brother, Boipelo.

"Ndugu unaweza kuona Minyororo Kuvunjwa? Kibiashara bwana alisema kuwa wangekuwa wajinga si kutushambulia .... Wanahitaji rasilimali sisi ni kufanya na hakuna njia hawajui la atapewa wetu kukabiliana na Equestrians Wao. kuwa kushambulia na mimi kuangalia mbele kuona nguvu za Balsams wapiganaji kubwa."

("Brothe,r can you see Minyororo Kuvunjwa? The trade master said that they would be foolish not to attack us....They need the resources we are carrying and there is no way they do not know of our recent deal with the Equestrians. They have to attack, and I look forward to seeing the power of Balsam's great warriors.")

His brother looked over his shoulder at the wagon, his head craning over the harness he wore.

"Ndugu unapaswa unataka kwa ajili ya mambo kama hayo ya kutisha mara nyingi kusababisha bahati mbaya. Kama vile wanaotaka kwamba hawana kutushambulia pia kusababisha bahati mbaya. Tunapaswa kuongoza mambo haya kutokea tusije kuwa kama Equeestrians. Dhaifu na tamaa ya kudhibiti zaidi ya yote inayotuzunguka. mara zote wanaamini kwamba wanaweza kudhibiti yote inayowazunguka na kwa extention wote ambao si ponys. kinachotokea karibu na sisi kama sisi lazima uso yake. "

("Brother, you should not wish for such horrible things. Wishing for combat often lead to bad luck, just as wishing that we are not attacked will also lead to bad luck. We must let these things happen lest we become like the Equestrians. Weak, and craving control over all that surrounds us. They always believe that they can control all that surrounds them and by extension all who are not ponies. Whatever happens to us next, we must face it.")

His brother then faces the road ahead, shaking his head at his younger brother's naivety.

Zebrican Trade Route

50 kilometers from Equestrian border

6 days after first contact

Ambush Site

After only a few days of training the young warriors that surrounded them sat in their trenches and spider holes. Lawrence had to train the zebras in basic combat. The amount of time he had to train them made him feel sick; it reminded him of the drafts, where the military would storm into homes and then drag out the young pups, who were given only several days of training before being placed on the frontlines. While they had given the zebras 2 early model Vickers MK I, they had barely gotten any time train with them. Then there was the fact that most of the warriors were armed with old Lee Enfield’s and a few Stens that had spent the last few years sitting in a warehouse in rotting wooden crates. They had the equipment, they just didn't have the training required to use it.

It was then he saw a flare shoot into the sky a few kilometers away. The red sparkling light flew hundreds of meters into the air before exploding. It was time. He looked out of the spider hole and saw their target. The Caravan was loaded to the brim with countless trade goods. As much as he wanted to jump out and fight alongside the zebras, he knew the deal;they were only allowed to train the Zebras. The fighting was left to the Zebras. Sure, they could fight with them if things went south, but what would constitute a situation dire enough to require their intervention? When one of rebels is killed? Six? It was unclear; It seemed like it was purposely left ambiguous. But I was unimportant now. It was time to see what these rebels could do with the modified weapons they had given them.

It happened so fast. Soon the machine gun teams opened fire from there raised position in a trench dug into the hills behind the caravan. This would prevent them from running back down the road. The effect was immediate; once the first few bullets flew past them, the caravan reacted by putting the warriors in defensive positions around the caravan. It was a brave but futile endeavor. The zebra’s armor only consisted of hard leather covered in red, god, and black patterns that had been stitched into the leather by talented craftsmen

Zebrican Trade Route

50 kilometers from Equestrian border

6 days after first contact

Trade Caravan at the same moment

Gabor had dived under the wagon when he had seen the Zulu warriors being cut down by some unknown force. His ear's were hit by a thunderlike noise, and he was deafened by the constant roar. He looked to his older brother, who was already down on the ground from what ever had hit them. He looked around as he watched many of the remaining warriors hide in what little cover they could find. He watched as many of the slaves that had been given to them try to run back the way they came, only to be killed by the mysterious force. Their blood soaked the ground a deep crimson, blood circling from their eviscerated corpses.

I was at that moment he heard a voice, which then turned into a rousing warcry.

"Mashambulizi ndugu zangu !!! Leo Balsams kulipa ushuru kwenye damu !!!"

("Attack my brothers!!! Today Balsam pays the toll in blood!!!")

He then saw the rebels rise from the plains around them. The rebels, the Minyororo Kuvunjwa, had them surrounded, but they weren’t coming closer. They simply aimed what seemed to be…. metal clubs at them? The thunder suddenly began again, followed by bright flashes coming from their strange weapons.

"Hii ni wazimu wa aina gani na giza mkataba alikuwa walifanya kupata silaha hizo waovu!?!"

("This is madness! What sort of dark pact have they made to get such unholy weapons!?!")

He screamed as he watched the Zulu warriors charge towards the closest entrenched zebra. They screamed their own deafening battle cry as they ran right into the wall of death. Many fell but others had managed to jump into the trench and started to violently bludgeon the rebels with their axes and spears. The largest Zulu warrior raised his Ceremonial Axe to the sky, stood on his hindlegs, and screamed into the sky as he beat his blood soaked barrel with his hoof, and flexed his muscled body.

"unafikiri silaha zenu waovu wanaweza kuwapiga us!?!?! sisi huduma si wa nini waovu pacts umeweka sisi ni Zulu !!! silaha yako dishonorable hawezi kutuzuia !!! tutakuwa loweka mabonde hayo katika damu yako tainted yenu waoga !!! ........ "

("You think your unholy weapons can beat us!?!?! We care not of what unholy pacts you have made, for we are Zulu!!! Your dishonorable weapons can not stop us!!! We shall soak these plains with your tainted blood, you cowa-"

He was cut off as his head exploded, sending bits of flesh and bone into his fellow warrior’s faces. The mighty Zulu warriors stood in shock, seeing the greatest of them fall into the blood soaked mud. No ritual combat, no fighting another war lord's army, just falling unceremoniously to the ground, his great ax being soiled by the dirt. They stood still, looking at their dead leader for several moments, before they screamed, jumping out of the trench and running straight into a wall of lead and fire. Gabor watched in horror as the greatest warriors he had ever known fell into the plains before they could even get to the next trench. He laid on the ground under the wagon, shocked at what he had just seen. He wasn’t sure how long he was there but all too soon it was quiet again. He then watched in fear as the rebels slowly made their way through the bloody grass. Every so often they would stop by the body of a fallen warrior or slave and use there weapon to further damage the corpses. He then saw one of them approach his downed brother. Before he knew it he had jumped out from under the wagon and hugged his unconscious brother in hopes of sparing him from there demonic weapons.

"Tafadhali !!! usiue ndugu yangu! Sisi Waislamu! Mimi kufanya chochote !!! Yeye ni familia tu i na !!!!”

("Please!!! Don't kill my brother! We surrender! I will do anything!!! He's the only family I have!!!!)

He screamed as the rebels leveled there weapons at him. The closest rebel looked at him with what only could be described as pure hatred. He then yelled at him, his fury washing over Gabor like a monsoon.

"ambapo ilikuwa ni huruma yako wakati kijiji yangu alikuwa kuharibiwa na kuchinjwa na Balsam wako mpendwa?!? Sisi alipoteza mavuno yetu kwa locus na tuliyowapeni kile kidogo tulikuwa lakini haikuwa hivyo kutosha wewe alimtuma askari wako Zulu na kuwaua wote na kuacha watoto na wana wao kufa peke yake !!! kwa wakati i alikutwa wengine wote walikuwa walimuua !! sababu yenu kabila wangu amekufa !!!! Wewe na watu wako umeleta kitu lakini maumivu na taabu sasa i utakuwa jambo la mwisho unaweza kuona !!!! "

("Where was your mercy when my village was destroyed and slaughtered by your beloved Balsam?! We had lost our harvest to locust and we gave you what little we had, but it wasn't enough! You sent your Zulu warriors and killed them all, leaving the foals to die alone! By the time i was found all the others had perished Because of you my tribe is dead! You and your people have brought nothing but pain and misery. Now i shall be the last thing you see!!!!")

He aimed his weapon at Gabor, whose eyes were filled with tears, terrified of what would happen to him and his brother. Suddenly, a voice rang out in a stern and commanding tone. Gabor and the rebel turned their heads to see a diamond dog in tan clothing. His expression was tired, yet still forceful.

"Hiyo inatosha Faraji kumekuwa na vifo vya kutosha leo. kupunguza bunduki yako. "

("That is enough Faraji, there has been enough death today. Lower your rifle ")

The rebel trotted up to the diamond dog and began to argue with him, before stomping off in anger. The diamond dog nodded to another zebra armed with a similar weapon. The Zebra walked up to him, and bucked him in the back of his head. His vision blurred, before being consumed by darkness.

Author's Note:

here is the chapter i had promised im sorry i didnt meet my own dead line but i just can seem to make this chapter flow right so it is likely to be revised once or twice. any way like always i am open for ideas from my readers so please send me any questions or requests. i greatly value your opinions and i will respond to tips and ideas on how to improve the quality of this story. so don't be afraid to post what is on your mind.

PreviousChapters Next