• Published 18th Dec 2014
  • 5,540 Views, 468 Comments

Rise of an Empire, Fall of Another - Kyuubi325



To the far east across the vast sea is the forgotten homeland of the diamond dogs. A land once full of poverty, sickness, and famine has become a new super power that threatens Equestrias economic dominance/standing.

  • ...
23
 468
 5,540

PreviousChapters Next
Minyororo Kuvunjwa (edited by Cakebomb)

Zebracan Mountains

10:45 am

Zulus Pass

5 kilometers from Minyororo Kuvunjwa hideout

Lawrence was forced to make his through a narrow pass. While many diamond dogs often felt more at home in narrow or enclosed spaces then out in the open, he often suffered from mild claustrophobia. At certain points the passage would get so narrow that Bard would get stuck between the high cliffs. The most disturbing point of their travel through the pass was when the wind would howl through the small passage, sending small debris into their muzzles.

The zebra had both their front and backs covered to prevent their escape. Every now and then one of the zebras would tug on their uniforms or steal a glance at their boots. From what Ivo had told him, they had likely never seen clothing made out of the materials they wore. It may have also been to test their boundaries, as from what he had learned “Western” Diamond Dogs were aggressive and often short tempered. These seemingly childish actions likely had the purpose of trying to see if they were telling the truth about themselves.

After what seemed like an eternity they reached an open area with a small opening in the cliff face. The size of the opening was 2.5 meters high and around 1.5 meter across. The zebras motioned for them to follow as they made their way into the dark tunnel system. The first thing Lawrence noticed was the large amount of mining equipment laying on the caves' floors, hinting that at one point it was a productive mine.

The tunnel sloped upwards as they journeyed deeper into the tunnel. In the far distance they could hear music and chanting. That was when they saw a light in the distance. They slowly reached a sort of wooden gate that was guarded by 3 zebras with the same broken chains tattooed on their flanks. One of them walked up to Shujaa.

“Shujaa, ambao ni wageni hawa? Nilidhani wewe walikuwa wanakwenda kujikwamua Diamond mbwa mamluki si kuwaleta eneo letu ! kuwa na wewe gone wazimu, hata mtoto mdogo anajua kwamba mbwa Diamond ila ni utumwa tamaa na askari !”

(Shujaa, who are these foreigners? I thought you were going to get rid of the Diamond Dog mercenaries, not bring them to our base! Have you gone mad? Even the youngest foal knows that Diamond dogs are nothing but greedy slavers and soldiers!)

Shujaa then looked at Lawrence.

“hawa mbwa diamond kudai kuja kutoka nchi ya mbali Mashariki, wakati mimi tuhuma ya madai yao nina sababu ya kuamini kwamba wanaweza kuthibitisha muhimu katika shambulio yetu ya Balsams biashara msafara. hali ya hewa au nini wanasema ni kweli bado walileta vitu ambayo inaweza kuthibitisha muhimu kwetu. wao kubaki chini ya ulinzi mpaka tumepata nia yao, lakini kwa sasa i kuwaonyesha nyumba zetu. Wakati hatari ninaamini kwamba kuwaonyesha uaminifu kama walivyofanya kwa ajili yetu wakati wao Waislamu itasaidia kwa mazungumzo.”

(These diamond dogs claim to come from a land in the far East. While i am suspicious of their claims I have reason to believe that they may prove useful in our attack of Balsams trading caravan. Whether or not what they say is true they still brought with them items that could prove useful to us. They will remain under guard until we have discovered their intentions, but for now i will show them our home. While risky, I believe that showing them the same amount of trust that they showed us when they surrendered will help with negotiations.)

“nini tunapaswa kuwaonyesha chochote? nini kama wako ni spys kutumwa na Balsam, kama sisi kuonyesha yao karibu maficho yetu basi Balsam bila kujua jinsi tamaa sisi, ni jambo la hekima kuhatarisha yake?”

(Why should we show them anything? What if they are spies sent by Balsam? If we show them around our hideout then Balsam would know just how desperate we are. Is it wise to risk it?)

Shujaa simply nodded.

“kufungua mlango!!”

(Open the gate!!)

Lawrence watched as the gate swung inwards, and Huja motioned for him and his dogs to enter. That was when he saw it……when he had heard about the zebra rebel's position he had expected to see them living in mud huts and eating grass, but nothing like this. The best way to describe it was that it was a subterranean city hidden deep inside a mountain. As they entered a massive chamber lit up by a number of openings in the ceiling, he could see a number of bazaars runned by stallion and mare alike. Their wares consisted of fruits, grasses, vegetables, hoofwoven blankets, mats, jewelry, and even scrolls. The bazaar went from the ground floor up to at least seven stories above them with countless zebras buying and selling goods.

“kuwakaribisha nyumbani kwetu Diamond Mbwa ya Mashariki”

(Welcome to our home, Diamond Dogs of the East.)

Lawrence spent the next few minutes staring at the carved stone shops, and the many foals running around, some of who stopped and stared at them before they were shooed away by their mothers.

“Tafadhali lazima uwe na njaa kutoka safari ndefu yako kuja na nitakula pamoja nami.”

(Please, you must be hungry from your long journey. Come and dine with me.)

Ivo took a moment to process what Shujaa had said before he responded.

“sisi itakuwa furaha nitakula na wewe.”

(We would be delighted to dine with you.)

Shujaa nodded before he whispered to one of the zebra guards.

Ivo took this lapse in conversation to tell Ivo about the invitation.

“He wants us to dine with him. I believe that it is in our best interests to form an agreement with him, as many great societies and races have often come together though a shared meal.”

Lawrence contemplated this for a few moments, knowing the ambassador had already said yes.

“If you believe this is the best course of action then I will hold you to it.”

Shujaa turned to them.

“Tafadhali kufuata mimi mashamba yako naamini kwamba unga katika karibu mashamba ya ngano itakuwa kufurahisha kwa sisi wote "

(Please follow me to the farms. I believe that a meal in or near the wheat fields would be enjoyable for us all.)

Ivo sputtered.

“baada ya kuja allthis alikuwa unataka kwenda nyuma chini ya mlima?”

(After making us come all this way you want us to go back down the mountain?)

Shujaa simply laughed.

“nini alifanya unaamini kwamba sisi ingekuwa kwenda nyuma chini ya mlima?”

(What made you think that we would have to go back down the mountain?)

He motioned for them to follow.

“anifuate na wewe kuelewa”

(Follow me and you will understand.)

As they followed him down another tunnel, leaving the Bazaar behind, they were nearly blinded by a bright light. Once again Lawrence was amazed. This chamber was several times larger then the Bazaar and had a number of farms growing wheat and vegetables. He then looked up to see the sky and a number of reflective metal mirrors around the nearly circular open area. The sun shined on many of them reflecting the rays down onto the zebra's crops. In the center of it all he saw a carved wooden table that was filled with a number of foreign dishes and delicacies. His sensitive nose could smell the many different mouthwatering spices that the foods had been cooked with.

Shujaa turned to them and smiled.

“Tafadhali hebu kukaa chini na kujadili uwepo wako katika nyumba nchi yetu. labda unaweza kutuambia kuhusu nchi yako Britannia na crates numerus umeleta na wewe.”

(Please let us sit down and discuss your presence in our home land. Perhaps you can tell us about your country Britannia and the numerous crates you have brought with you.)

PreviousChapters Next