• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 5,362 Views, 223 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Absurd - Lord Seth



Alternate universe story where Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Flim & Flam, Suri Polomare, Lightning Dust, and Gilda are the main characters. What could possibly go wrong? A lot, in fact.

  • ...
13
 223
 5,362

PreviousChapters Next
Some Canterlot Wedding

“Well, the last few days have actually been pretty decent,” said Sunset to herself. “Which of course means something is going to happen soon and ruin everything. Like always.”

A knock was heard at the door. “And there’s the trouble right there,” she muttered. She went over and opened the door.

“Normal delivery!” said the familiar mailmare.

“Regular delivery?” asked Sunset.

“Well it’s not a special delivery, so what else would it be?”

Sunset sighed but took the mail. “Let’s see,” she said as she went back inside and looked through the mail. “Ad… ad… ad… invitation to a wedding? Who do I even know who’s getting married?” She opened up the envelope.


“Ooooh,” said Trixie, eyes widening. “That Shining Armor guy is getting married to someone? And you got invited? And it said to bring along others, so you’re asking me?”

“Trixie,” said Sunset with aggravation, “I just told you all of that. Why are you repeating what I said ten seconds ago?”

Trixie shrugged. “I’m just making sure I understand the situation. Why’d you get invited anyway?”

“Apparently, because Twilight Sparkle isn’t around they had a vacancy, so I got invited instead because my name is similar. Which doesn’t really make sense, but I’ve learned to not question such things.”

“Sunset Shimmer… Twilight Sparkle,” said Trixie. “Huh, they are kinda alike. So, why are you asking me to come along? Normally we have to force you to agree to bring us along.”

Sunset rolled her eyes. “Because I knew that if I didn’t bring you and the others along, you’d all repeat that nonsense from when I got the Gala tickets, and I don’t want to go through that again.”

“And because you’ve also secretly, even if you don’t want to admit it to yourself, grown attached to all of us, right?”

“Uh, no,” said Sunset. “Just the Gala tickets thing.”

“Who’s he even getting married to?” asked Trixie.

“Mi Amore de Cadenza.”

“Whoa!” said Trixie in an alarmed voice. “Okay, I’m flattered, maybe even a little curious, but the answer is no.”

“No, you idiot!” said Sunset crossly. “That’s her name. She’s that mare who can spread love or whatever.”

“Oh,” said Trixie, “yeah, I remember that. Though I think I remember better all those lawsuits she got hit with as a result by people who considered it brainwashing, which is why she stopped doing that after she grew up.”


The train arrived in Canterlot. Trixie said, “Here we are in–”

“We know, Trixie!” said everyone else.

“Seriously,” said Gilda, “why do you constantly feel the need to constantly remind us of what we already know? It’s getting really irritating.”

“I’m just making sure everypony is informed.”

“We are! So shut up about it already!”

Ugh, thought Sunset to herself. Maybe I should’ve just went through the Gala ticket mess again rather than have to deal with these guys here.

“Well I, for one, am going to use this visit to Canterlot as an opportunity to promote our new product!” said Flim. “Because Lightning Dust wouldn’t help us with that.”

“Well, if you’d pay me back the money I gave you, maybe I would!”

Sunset lost whatever tiny bit of interest she may have had in the argument and walked off. “Maybe I can find Shining Armor and impress him I could get some help in that promotion,” she muttered to herself.

Meanwhile, Lightning Dust was still arguing with Flim and Flam. “Oh yeah?” said Lightning Dust. “Well up your nose with a rubber hose, pal!”

There was an awkward pause.

“What does that even mean?” asked Flim.

“I… don’t know,” said Lightning Dust sheepishly.

“I’ve got better things to do than sit around listening to people argue using nonsense phrases,” said Suri. “See you all later.”

“Bah, whatever,” said Lightning Dust. “C’mon, Trixie, let’s go.”

“What are you two planning to do, anyway?” asked Gilda.

“Having some writer’s block on the next Mare Do Well issue. Was hoping maybe something here would give inspiration,” said Trixie with a shrug.

Meanwhile…

“Shining Armor has got to be around here somewhere,” muttered Sunset to herself. She left the hallway and entered a balcony. Shining Armor wasn’t there, but a pink alicorn was.

It’s that girl he’s marrying! Maybe if I impress her I can improve my social stature, she thought to herself. “Hi!” she said. “You must be Princess Mi Amore de Cadenza.” I can’t believe I remembered that.

The pink alicorn turned around. “You can call me Cadance,” she said coolly. “Now, what do you want?”

“Uh, well, what do you need? I work for Sombra, and I figured I should try to make sure you’re as happy as possible! Need help with anything? Need me to do anything? I’ll do anything you want me to do!”

“Sounds good!” said Cadance. “Anyway, here’s a list of things I’d like you to do for me.” She gave an extremely long list to Sunset.

Sunset stared at the list. “Do you just keep this around in case someone offers to do things for you?”

“Pretty much,” said Cadance with a shrug. “Anyway, come see me when you’re done.”

Cadance walked off, leaving Sunset staring at the list. “The things I do to get ahead,” she muttered to herself.


“Got any inspiration yet?” asked Lightning Dust.

“No, I do not have any more inspiration than I did when you asked me thirty seconds ago,” said Trixie. “Look, you can’t always just turn on inspiration like a switch. Sometimes it takes a while.”

“Hey, what’s that?” asked Lightning Dust. She gestured towards a store window next to them. “Maybe that will help with inspiration?”

Trixie looked in the window and saw, among other things, a book labeled Inspiration Manifestation. She raised an eyebrow. “A spellbook for inspiration?”

“Yeah!” said Lightning Dust. “You should totally get it. Maybe it’ll help you out.”

“Pfft,” said Trixie. “Those things usually come with some kind of side effect.”

“Oh, come on!” said Lightning Dust. “They wouldn’t make it easy to buy if it was that dangerous, would they?”

In response, Trixie pointed to a nearby shop labeled Akbar’s Shop O’ Magic (Not One Single Cursed Item).

“Huh,” said Lightning Dust. “Valid point. You know, you’d think someone would’ve sued him by now.”


“Hello, fellow pony!” declared Flim to a passerby. “You look like a fellow who wants something just as good as cider without necessarily being cider!”

“Uh, no,” said the aforementioned passerby. “I’m pretty sure I look like someone who just wants to walk on without being disturbed.”

“Oh,” said Flim, disappointed.

“But I am someone who wants something just as good as cider without necessarily being cider. I just don’t look like it. I’ll take it!”

Flim and Flam shared a confused look but took his money and gave him a bottle of ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Cider!’


Gilda passed an exhausted-looking Sunset in the castle hall. “What happened to you? Looks like you’ve been through the wringer.”

Sunset turned her blank eyes towards Gilda. “Just doing favors for Princess Cadance. Right now I’m off to try to find a hydrodynamic spatula with port and starboard attachments and a turbo-drive.”

“What in the world is that, and why does she want it?” asked Gilda.

“I don’t know!” screamed Sunset in despair.

“Uh, yeah, well, hope you find it. See you,” said Gilda as she left with a shrug. Gilda rapidly ran into Suri.

“Do you know where the wedding dress might be located?” asked Suri.

“Why do you want to know that?”

“You know, um, inspiration! I want to see it and be inspired!”

“Well, no idea,” said Gilda. “Now go away and stop bothering me; I have things to do.”

“Like what?” asked Suri.

“Secret things!” Gilda left.

Suri shrugged and kept looking. “Come on, it has to be around here somewhere.” Quite a bit of room checking later, she finally found what appeared to be a wedding dress. “I can’t believe they’re not guarding this more heavily,” she said to herself as she pulled out some scissors from her satchel. “After all, who knows if a mysterious vandal might pop in to destroy it in order to force them to use her design instead!”

Suri abruptly threw her scissors back into her satchel, however, when she heard someone coming. She glanced around quickly for somewhere to hide, but the room was too bare outside of the dress on the model to hide. Therefore, she simply stood in front of the dress as if admiring it. Which wasn’t particularly hard to fake, because she actually did think it was a fairly nice dress.

“And so, I think you’ll love the dress I made!” came a voice. A white unicorn walked in with Cadance. She noticed Suri. “Who are you?”

“Uh, just an admirer of this dress!” said Suri, pointing to it.

“Oh, well, thank you!” said the unicorn. She pointed at Cadance. “But she’s the one to judge it.”

Cadance looked at the dress. “I was hoping for something with more beading and a longer train,” she said coolly.

“Oh, yes, of course!” said the unicorn in response. I’ll get right on it!” She watched Cadance leave, then turned to Suri. “So, a fellow seamstress?”

“Exactly!” said Suri. “A shame she didn’t like it. I thought it was great. What’s your name?”

“Rarity,” said the unicorn. “I was hired to make the dress, and I will make it as fabulous as possible!”

“Want any help?” asked Suri.

“Oh, thank you for the offer, darling, but I really wouldn’t feel right being paid for this if I weren’t doing the work.”

Suri was about to respond, but was interrupted by an even-more-exhausted-looking-than-before Sunset entering. “Have either of you seen Cadance?” she asked in a tired voice.

“She was actually just here,” said Suri.

Sunset stared at her with blurred eyes. “Could you help me find her, please?”

“Oh, go ahead,” said Rarity. “I do have to get to work on this dress.”

“Thanks,” said Sunset in a dead sort of voice. “Come on, let’s go.”

Suri couldn’t think of a good objection, so she left with Sunset. Sunset continued staring blankly as the two walked down the hallway.

“So, uh, what have you been up to, Sunset?” asked Suri.

“Errands,” she said dully. “Very, very tiring errands.”

“Why have you been running errands and how have they been so tiring?”

“Been trying to impress Cadance,” muttered Sunset. “Was hoping if she liked me, Shining Armor would like me more. Plus, as she’s a princess anyway, both of them liking me would help me move up in the world.”

“And what’s so tiring about them?”

“Have you ever tried to carry 50 pounds of beads across Canterlot?” asked Sunset. “It’s not pleasant.”

“Huh,” said Suri. “She sounds really demanding. I didn’t know Shining Armor that well, but I’d think he’d have better taste in mares than what Cadance sounds like.”

“Anyway,” said Sunset, “I’m trying to find her to tell her I finally finished with everything.”

“You know, I didn’t realize it before now, but this hallway is pretty long, isn’t it?”

“Hey, wait,” said Sunset, breaking out of her stupor. “I think I heard Cadance’s voice.”

The two peeked into the room to see Shining Armor and Cadance in what seemed to be an argument. “And I think I should wear it,” said Shining Armor.

“Are you disagreeing with me?” asked Cadance.

“I guess I am… gyah!” Shining Armor was interrupted by him clutching his forehead and falling over.

“Oh dear,” said Cadance, “are you getting one of your headaches?” She zapped him with some kind of spell that left his eyes looking hypnotized. “Feeling better?”

“Mm-hmm.”

Seeing that Cadance looked like she was going for the door, Sunset and Suri took the opportunity to quickly dart into another room and close the door. “Okay,” said Suri, “what was that?”

“I don’t know,” said Sunset. “I didn’t recognize that spell. But it looked sinister. I think something’s really off with this Cadance character.”

“She did seem a little demanding about her dress,” said Suri. “Ordinarily I’d just think that’s a case of her wanting something different, but after that…”

“And she was so demanding in making me do all those errands after I asked her if she needed anything,” complained Sunset.

“Well, you did explicitly ask her if she wanted you to do anything. You did sort of set yourself up for that,” said Suri. “Also, what grounds do you have to complain about people being rude to you?”

“Are you telling me you don’t think there’s something seriously fishy about all this? You saw that spell.”

“I”m not saying there’s nothing fishy; I’m just pointing some relevant information out. And for all we know the spell could have just been a headache-fixer. Isn’t he the one keeping up that big shield around the city?”

““Hrm,” said Sunset. “We should follow her and try to collect a little more proof. And if she is actually evil, I’ll be a hero!”

“Yeah, sure, whatever,” said Suri. “I really don’t want to try to declare she’s evil only to find out there’s actually a reasonable explanation for everything. Would make me look really dumb.”

“Fine,” said Sunset. “Let’s go find her and see if maybe we can get some more dirt.”

The two left the room, and saw Cadance down the hallway. They ran up to her. “Okay!” said Sunset. “I’ve accomplished all of your errands. Is that all?”

“Enh,” said Cadance, “I guess that’s everything. Anyway, see you.” She walked off.

“Well, that was anticlimactic,” said Suri.

“All right,” said Sunset, “I’ll try to follow her around a bit. You keep an eye on Shining Armor and see if anything weird happens with him.”

“Might as well,” said Suri. “Doesn’t look like I’m going to be able to accomplish what I was hoping to anyway…”


“Argh!” said Trixie. “This writer’s block is killing me! We must’ve walked around the whole city and still haven’t gotten any inspiration!”

“Hey,” said Lightning Dust, “it’s sure going to help you stay in shape.”

“Wait, that’s it!” said Trixie. “Stay in shape! That works because… um… well, darn it, I lost it now.”

“I mean, we can always just wait longer to introduce a sidekick character if we’re still stuck. We already did decide to delay that plot point until we could think of a good enough way to use it.”

“It’s just so annoying!” said Trixie. “Why can’t we think of one?”

“We could go back and buy that Inspiration Manifestation,” said Lightning Dust with a shrug.

“No.”


“Well,” said Flim. “After the initial burst of interest, it doesn’t seem like there’s much interest in our new product now.”

“There’s only one thing to do!” declared Flam. “We have to use that wedding somehow to increase awareness of our product!”

“Great idea!” said Flim. There was a pause. “Uh, how do we do that?”

“Um,” said Flam. “Well, we’ll have to think about that one.”


Sunset found herself growing bored. Tailing Cadance so far hadn’t produced any extra evidence outside of the fact that she seemed to walk around a lot. “If I don’t find something soon, I’m just going to go back to Suri,” she muttered to herself.

Sunset followed Cadance into the throne room, which was empty at the time. Cadance abruptly turned around and faced Sunset. “Are you following me?” she asked.

“No, I just happened to be heading into the throne room,” said Sunset.

Cadance looked at Sunset. “I wish I could believe you.” She zapped the floor around Sunset, surrounding her with a green force field of some kind.

“Wha–” started Sunset, but she and the force field suddenly descended through the floor.

After this plot twist that would have probably been far more dramatic had it ended a chapter rather than happening in the middle of one, Sunset found herself in a dark room. After lighting up her horn, she found herself in a cavern full of crystals.

“Ugh,” she muttered. “Where am I?”

Cadance appeared on some of the crystals. “The caves beneath Canterlot, once home to greedy unicorns who wanted to claim the gems that could be found inside.”

“Unicorns?” asked Sunset. “Why just them? What about the pegasi and Earth ponies? I mean, I’d almost expect more Earth ponies due to it being underground.”

“Ignoring that,” said Cadance. “Anyway, now it’s your prison.”

“How are you communicating with me, anyway?” asked Sunset. “How are you making your face appear on these crystals?”

“That’s what you want to ask?” asked Cadance. “Not something about my plans?”

“Well, I didn’t think you’d tell me, but sure.”

“Sorry,” said Cadance. “Not telling.”

“Then what was the point of–”

“You know, maybe we’ll talk later,” interrupted Cadance. “Just sit tight. But for now, it’s goodbye.” She disappeared.

Sunset sighed. “Guess I’ll just have to try to find my way out of here.”

Not having the patience for finesse, Sunset simply started blasting the crystals to try to find a way out. While she didn’t quite find that, she did find a frightened-looking pink alicorn. “Cadance?” she asked. “Is that the actual you?”

Cadance looked at Sunset and flinched. “You’re not another changeling, are you?”

“Uh, no,” said Sunset. “What’s a changeling? Is that what was masquerading as you?”

“We can talk later!” said Cadance. “Right now we have to get out of here and stop her!” She dashed off.

Sunset stared as she followed. “And is there any particular reason why you couldn’t do this before I got here?”

Rather than receiving an answer to her question, an orchestra suddenly started up despite there being no orchestra being visible. “Oh, joy,” muttered Sunset to herself as Cadance starting singing.

“This day was going to be perfect
The kind of day of which I’ve dreamed since I was small
But instead of having cake with all my friends to celebrate
My wedding bells, they may not ring for me at all”

There was an abrupt end to the song. Well, thought Sunset, at least that was short. The two continued on their way, but soon afterwards the song started up again.

“We must escape before it's too late
Find a way to save the day
Hope, I'll be lying if I say
I don't fear that I may lose him
To one who wants to use him
Not care for, love, and cherish him each day
For I oh so love the groom
All my thoughts he does consume
Oh, Shining Armor, I'll be there very soon”

Yet again, there was an abrupt stop to the orchestra sound and the song. “Okay,” said Sunset. “Have you gotten that out of your system? Because all of this music is really kind of creeping me out now. It’d be–”

“Oh, the wedding we won't make
He'll end up marrying a fake
Shining Armor will be–”

The music stopped at this point. “Will be?” asked Sunset.

“Will be what?” asked Cadance.

“You just said ‘Shining Armor will be’ and then abruptly cut off! What was the rest of the line?”

“That’s not important right now!” said Cadance. “Look! The exit! Maybe we can make it in time!”

I’d better be getting extra credit for all of this, thought Sunset to herself as she followed Cadance.

Meanwhile, at the wedding…

“So I think what Sombra is saying here is the part about ‘in sickness or in health’ but that would seem odd, as I think that comes later,” said Shining Armor. “You know, no disrespect to you, King Sombra, but I think maybe we should’ve had another person administer the vows.”

“Oh, it’s no problem,” said Cadance. “I wanted him to be here.”

“I’m just saying, maybe we should have a government official who can go through this a bit faster do it,” said Shining Armor. “Is that okay?” he asked Sombra.

Sombra continued his attempt at charades. “I think he said ‘that would be perfectly fine,’” said Shining Armor. “That, or ‘all of you will soon suffer my wrath.’ I think it’s the first one.”

“Sure!” said Cadance. “We can do that. But I think it would be a little nice if you were to be quiet for a while.”

“Yes, dear,” said Shining Armor as his eyes glowed oddly green.

They were interrupted by the door abruptly opening and Cadance and Sunset entering. “Stop this wedding!”

Everyone looked between the two Cadances. “Wait, which one is real?” asked Flim.

“Hold it! Hold it! Hold it!” shouted Trixie, walking up to the aisle. All eyes turned to her. “This is not how you do it! You come in at the ‘speak now or forever hold your peace’ line. So I want you two to go outside, wait until that line gets said, and then burst in.”

There was a brief pause. “Anyway,” said the Cadance that just entered, “she’s the impostor!”

Trixie slinked back into the crowd. “Nopony ever listens to me,” she muttered.

“She's a changeling,” continued the aforementioned Cadance. “She takes the form of somepony you love and gains power by feeding off your love for them.”

“Oh, come on,” said the Cadance next to Shining Armor. “That is a completely unfair stereotype.”

“Stereotype? That’s exactly what you did!

“Pfft,” said the Cadance who was in the room at the start of the scene. “Whatever. I was hoping to stick around a little longer like this, build up a little more power… but I suppose it’s enough.” She was suddenly surrounded by a green aura and transformed into Queen Chrysalis, who presumably is familiar enough to the reader to not have to go through the rigamarole of describing.

Sombra’s eyes widened, and he suddenly started up the charades again.

“Long time no see, Sombra,” said Chrysalis as she aimed her horn at him and fired. The beam slammed Sombra into a wall and knocked him unconscious.

Seeing their leader be so summarily dispatched threw everyone else into a panic. “Ugh,” groaned Chrysalis as she rolled her eyes. “This was why I wanted to do this when there was less of a crowd.” She sighed, then shouted, “BE STILL!”

Everyone instantly quieted down and stopped moving.

“Huh,” said Chrysalis. “Guess large, dark-colored quadrupeds with horns and wings screaming ‘Be Still’ is the best way to stop a panic. Luna may have been onto something.”

“So what do you want, anyway?” asked Sunset. “I mean, I’m guessing your endgame isn’t to actually get hitched with Shining Armor, especially because I’m pretty sure any such marriage wouldn’t be legal due to entering it under false impressions. And, with the apparent mind control, also duress.”

“Look,” said Chrysalis in a dangerous voice, “if all of you will just shut up and be still for a while, you’ll all make out of this alive.” She paused. “Probably.”

“Any ideas?” whispered Sunset to Cadance.

“You and your friends have the Elements, right? Can’t those be useful?”

“Well, yes, but it would require us to get out of this room without getting blasted by her. She does seem to have considerable power right now.”

Sombra finally stirred. “Ah, that’s good,” said Chrysalis. “Glad I didn’t have to wait on that one.” She approached him. “So, how are you feeling?”

Sombra groaned. “How do you think I feel?” he asked. “You blasted me into a wall!”

There was a sudden silence, and all eyes fell on him. “Wait,” said Sombra, “did I just talk?”

“Yes!” said Chrysalis. “Those doctors were right! A big enough blow to the head would cure your speech impediment!”

Sombra rubbed his head. “Are you sure this didn’t have any kind of side effect?”

“Well, it made your voice much less gravelly, and they said there was a chance of personality changes. However, they assured me the chance of the latter was extremely slight.”

“Okay,” said Sombra. “Question time. So your whole goal here was to blast me and fix my speech impediment?”

“Pretty much,” said Chrysalis. “Replace Cadance for a while, feed off of Shining Armor’s love for a while to boost myself a lot, then blast you and cure you.”

“And you couldn’t have asked me?”

“But that would take out all the fun,” said Chrysalis. “And what are you complaining about? If anyone has something to criticize, it would be Cadance for the kidnapping thing and and Shining Armor for the brainwashing thing. And speaking of happy couples, now that your speech has been restored, how about we finally get back together?”

Sombra sighed and rolled his eyes. “Chrysalis, as I told you back then, I’m just not interested in a relationship anymore. It’s got nothing to do with whether I can talk.”

Chrysalis frowned. “Oh, that’s what you were saying? I thought it was that it wouldn’t work out until you could talk again. That, or you were planning to destroy the universe. Figured it was the first one.”

“So you misunderstood me,” said Sombra. “Just like every single other person I talk to. And no one ever gets it right! They keep thinking it’s one of two things, and it’s never either! Like… Sunset!” He turned to Sunset Shimmer. “Back then, I wasn’t telling you to go oversee the Summer Sun Celebration or to take over the griffons back when you went to handle the Summer Sun Celebration. I wanted you to do some research on dragons.”

“But if that’s the case, then who was supposed to handle the celebration?” asked Sunset, confused.

“Somepony else, but they misunderstood what I was saying and did something else, so you never met them! Argh!” Sombra sighed. “You know what? Now that my voice is back, I can finally announce something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time now, but couldn’t because nopony could ever understand me.”

“What’s that?” asked Chrysalis.

“Oh, easy one,” said Sombra. “I quit. I’m done. Don’t want to be king anymore. Now that my voice is back, I can finally achieve my lifelong dream: Become a singer on Bridleway! Check it out!”

Chrysalis stared at Sombra as he started singing and dancing:

“Hello my baby!
Hello my honey!
Hello my ragtime gal!
Send me a kiss by wire!
Baby, my heart’s on fire!”

Chrysalis continued staring.

“So, what did you think?” asked Sombra.

“Um,” said Chrysalis.

“Great!” said Sombra. “Oh, come to think of it, I guess I do owe you something for helping me out, and the throne’s vacant, so… how’d you like to be the new ruler? You’ve got the experience as a ruler, being queen of the changelings and all.”

“Well, um–” started Chrysalis.

“Great!” said Sombra. He grabbed his crown and put it on her head. “Have fun! See you later!” He ran off. There was a long silence.

“Well,” Chrysalis finally said, “this is awkward.” Another long silence followed. Chrysalis turned to Cadance and said, “So, want to sing a duet or something? For some reason, I feel like we could do a good job at it.”

“You kidnapped me and left me in the Crystal Caverns all alone, then brainwashed my fiancé and tried to marry him. And you’re asking if I want to sing a duet with you?”

Chrysalis shrugged. “Just trying to break the ice. But if you’re going to be so naggy about it, I guess I do owe you something.”


“That,” complained Sunset as the train left Canterlot the following day, “was the stupidest trip I have ever been on. Even dumber than that Nightmare Moon incident. What a waste of time.”

“What are you complaining about?” asked Suri. “At least you got a raise from all of those errands you ran for Chrysalis.”

Sunset slouched. “Cadance and Shining Armor got the Crystal Empire in compensation for what they were put through. Where’s my kingdom? I got stuck in the Crystal Caverns, too! ”

“Meh,” said Gilda. “You still got something.”

“What were you doing, anyway? I didn’t see you at the wedding.”

“Oh, I was just trying to pull off one of the most epic pranks ever,” said Gilda. “I was going to fool everyone into thinking we were under assault by these creatures that looked like a cross between an alicorn and insect that could shapeshift.”

“But there were–”

“I know, and that’s why the stupid thing didn’t work!”

“Well, I had a great time,” said Flim. “Turns out those changelings actually love ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Cider!’ due to regular cider not sitting too well with them.”

“Any of you know why Lightning Dust and Trixie aren’t here?”

Gilda shrugged. “Lightning Dust said something about finding ‘inspiration’ in the changelings and wanted to spend some time with them so that they’d portray them accurately in the comic or something. I kinda zoned out during her explanation.”


“So, anyway,” said the changeling, “hope you have a good time around here in our society. Let me assure you that this is a totally legitimate attempt to spread awareness of changeling society and in no way a secret plan to try to lure you into our domain in order to capture you and derive sustenance from you while we keep you prisoner.”

“I have a good feeling about this!” said Lightning Dust brightly.


“At any rate,” said Sunset, “I stick with my idea that this was the stupidest trip I’ve been on so far.”

Gilda patted her on the back. “Don’t worry, I’m sure one day you’ll go on a trip that’s even more stupid than this one.”

Sunset groaned.

Meanwhile…

Yawning, Luna entered the throne room. “Sorry I’m late for the wedding; I kinda I slept in. Did I miss anything?”

PreviousChapters Next