• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 2,789 Views, 108 Comments

Power Ponies: Harmony Forever - Epicdiscord214



7 heroes with super powers. 3 super villains teamed up. One big threat. One test of the heroes' bond.

  • ...
5
 108
 2,789

Laughter

When the Power Ponies and Slapstick reunited, they were just as clueless as anyone else.

“We couldn't find any trace of Filli-Second,” Zapp said. “Any luck with you guys?”

“Nope,” Radiance replied.

“Uh, uh,” Hum Drum said.

“What they said,” Slapstick said. “Perhaps I should take time and think in the Shadow Zone.”

“The what,” Hum Drum asked.

“The Shadow Zone,” Slapstick said. “It's this other plane of existence I go to whenever I run fast enough. It's a lot like our world, except we can't see or hear anyone in the Shadow Zone. It's a good place for some privacy.”

That very explanation left Radiance, Zapp, and Hum Drum with their jaws on the floor.

“So there's this other world,” Hum Drum said, “You enter it with super speed, it has ponies we can't see or hear, and it's where you can go to be alone like if you were a pink Power Pony grieving over the loss of her team?!”

“Yeah,” Slapstick said. “What's your point?”

“THAT COULD BE WHERE FILLI-SECOND IS,” the Power Ponies shouted simultaneously.

“Ooooooh,” Slapstick realized. “I'm thinking... the Shadow Zone is factoring in.”

“JUST TAKE US THERE,” the Power Ponies shouted at the same time.

“Sheesh, all right,” Slapstick said. “Ponies, dragon, grab a hoof.”

The Power Ponies placed their hooves on Slapstick's and waited for him. Quick as a flash, Slapstick ran forward. In a few short seconds, Slapstick ran fast enough for there to be a white flash pass by. Slapstick stopped and every pony let go.

“What is this,” Zapp asked. “It looks the same as before.”

“But it's very different,” Slapstick said. “Watch.”

Slapstick extended his hoof toward a wall and it just phased through.

“Wow,” Zapp said. “Okay, let's find Filli-Second from a different angle. Where do we start?”

“Uh, team, I don't think a search is necessary,” Hum Drum said pointing his claw at a pink pony glooming at the ground.

“FILLI-SECOND,” Radiance and Zapp cheered when they approached their friend. They gave her a hug, but Filli-Second barely responded.

“Oh, hey, girls,” Filli-Second said with gloom. “What's up?”

“Look, Filli-Second, we've got to get out of here,” Radiance said.

“Why,” Filli-Second asked sullenly. “It's too bad of a world to live in. So I moved here and took a vow of silence.”

“Filli, you're still talking,” Hum Drum said.

“Yeah,” Filli-Second said, “So when that didn't work out, I've removed the want for food and water.”

“You can't do that,” Zapp said. “If you go three days without anything to drink, you'll die of thirst. This is suicide.”

“So,” Filli-Second asked. “I don't care.”

“Filli, you're being completely irrational,” Radiance said, “Even more so than before.”

“This isn't you talking,” Hum Drum said. “This is Anar D's handiwork. He's leading you to your death just like the others.”

“He tried to feed me to a giant bug,” Radiance said.

“And he tried to blow me up,” Zapp said.

“And now, it looks like he's making you sad enough to starve,” Hum Drum said. “You've got to break out of his influence.”

“Why would I do that,” Filli-Second asked. “Maybe I like it this way.”

“The only thing you like is humor,” Hum Drum said. “Don't you remember how you got your powers? You were the daughter of a famous comedian. You wanted to be funny like your father, so your traveled the globe to learn from the humor masters. One day, one of your lessons gone horribly wrong... or in this case, greatly right since you gained your super speed in the process. With it, you completed your laughter training 10 times as fast. When you returned to the city, you felt it was your duty to use your speed and humor to protect the ponies of the world.”

Filli-Second looked at Hum Drum with complete confusion. “None of that ever happened. I was a rock farmer and my powers came from birth.”

“I know,” Hum Drum said. “I just thought you might want a laugh.”

At that, Hum Drum, Zapp, Radiance, and Slapstick started to chuckle. Their slight chuckle turned into a loud laughter. Filli-Second was confused.

“I don't get it,” Filli-Second said. “What's so funny? Come on, Hum Drum obviously put a lot of thought into that story and I just ruined it with...” She stopped when she saw a rainbow flash coming from Stretch. She had the same feeling coming from her eyes. She then started to grin. “...something... completely... different.” One moment later, Filli-Second's mouth exploded with laughter. “THAT WAS SO FUNNY! WHAT DELIVERY!”

A moment later, the pink speedster had a bright flash of rainbow colors and a ball of gas flew out of her mouth.

“What is that stuff,” Zapp asked.

“Hold on,” Slapstick said. He reached out his arms and dragged a table full of lab equipment. He took a few moments to examine the gas before coming to a conclusion. “According to my Slappy-Sense, this appears to be a gas form of misery. Anyone who has this couldn't stop being gloomy.”

“How long has that thing been in me,” Filli-Second asked.

“A month, I bet,” Radiance said. “Back at the Hall of Mirrors, you claimed there was a voice in your head. My best bet is that it was actually Anar D who was not only telling you to be impatient, but was also putting that gas in you.”

“We are dealing with an evil genius,” Filli-Second gasped.

“I don't get it,” Zapp said. “Why is he going through all this trouble? What did we ever do to him?”

“Beats me,” Hum Drum said. “But onto the matter at hand. Filli-Second, I'm going to ask you a question and given that you're back to normal—well, your brand of normal, at least—let's hope you can give this some thought. Wanna get back together?”

“Okay,” Filli-Second replied instantly.

“Good,” Radiance said. “Now that we've mended fences for now... WOULD SOME PONY GET OUT BACK TO REALITY!”

Filli-Second chuckled. No pony noticed that Filli-Second's Power Pony pendant was glowing in a rainbow of colors.


Inside Pandora's Box was a world that didn't make sense. There were eyeballs in the sky, cotton candy clouds that rained chocolate milk, and trees that were bent in a curve. There, Anar D was sitting on his throne bored out of his mind.

“Oh, so bored,” Anar D said. “True, I can do whatever I want in this world, but it's so small... and it's not the same. I can't wait until I get that box out of the Sorceress' hooves. In the meantime...” He pulled out the purple box he showed the Sisterhood earlier and opened it. He pulled out a glowing, yellow orb with a familiar pony's head inside. “I'll just settle with tormenting you... Saddle Rager.” He laughed as he had the kind pegasus hero's head in an orb.

“Oh, dear,” Saddle Rager said.