• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 2,790 Views, 108 Comments

Power Ponies: Harmony Forever - Epicdiscord214



7 heroes with super powers. 3 super villains teamed up. One big threat. One test of the heroes' bond.

  • ...
5
 108
 2,790

Infiltration

“Legend speaks that 10,000 years ago,” the museum curator said, “There was a frightful spirit called Anar D. He had this special magic that allowed him to break the laws of reality and spread his twisted brand of chaos throughout the land. He tried to take over Equestria. One day, a brave unicorn named Pandora found six powerful jewels called the Harmony Gems. With them, Pandora stood up to Anar D and sealed him within a stone box. According to legend, since Anar D is bonded with the stone box, any pony who holds the box commands Anar D to do whatever he or she wants, whether it’s bring peace to every pony, or, in the Sisterhood of Evil’s hooves, take over the world.”

“THAT IS THE WORST BEDTIME STORY EVER,” Fili-Second shouted.

“Do you really believe such a creature like Anar D exists,” the Masked Matterhorn asked. “I mean, the legend could be just that, a legend.”

“It’s still a risk,” the curator said. “If the legend is real, then we are all in grave danger.”

“All right,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “Power Ponies, let’s go back to the tower. We’ll keep an eye out for anything on this Anar D.”

“Right,” the Power Ponies said before leaving.


Meanwhile, at the Sisterhood of Evil’s flying lair, Anar D looked around the area while the villainesses watched in amazement.

“Nice digs,” Anar D said. “’Though, it wouldn’t kill you girls to install some windows.”

“So… you’re Anar D,” Gryphon Galore said, “The legend is real, and now, you’re out.”

“Congrats,” Anar D said, “You deserve to be Detective of the Year.”

“But you didn’t get out the moment we opened the box,” the Mane-iac said.

“If opening the box was enough to free me, I’d be out centuries ago,” Anar D said. “No, see, there’s only one other condition: a tension must rise. While the box is open, ponies outside of it have to get into a conflict to free me. To me, strife is strength and life put together.”

“That’s an interesting quote, but don’t forget, you work for us now,” the Sinister Sorceress said. “While I hold Pandora’s Box, you have to obey.”

“Yeah, yeah, I get it,” Anar D said. “But know that you won’t hold onto it forever. If I hold the box, I can do whatever I want whenever I want. But for now, I’m your servant.”

“Well, before we can rule the world, we’ve got to get rid of our enemies,” the Mane-iac said.

“They call themselves the Power Ponies,” Gryphon Galore said. “We need them gone.”

“Don’t worry,” Anar D scoffed. “I’ll get rid of them for you. But only if you allow me to observe them.”

“Fine,” the Mane-iac said. “Go do it.”

“I’m not answering to you,” Anar D said.

“WHAT,” Mane-iac shouted. “BUT I HAVE…”

“Nothing in your mane,” Anar D interrupted. “You see, your blue buddy has my box, so I can only answer to her. Have I made a rhyme?”

“Well, then,” the Sinister Sorceress said, “I, the Sinister Sorceress, command you to spy on the Power Ponies and find out their weakness.”

“I get the jist,” Anar D said. “I’ll be right back.” With a snap of his lion paw and a white flash of light, he disappeared.


At Power Tower, the Masked Matterhorn was going over her computer with Hum Drum at her side.

“Masked Matterhorn to Saddle Rager,” the alicorn hero said talking through the radio. “Have you got any leads?”

“Sorry,” Saddle Rager said. “I can’t find anything.”

“Well, keep a look out,” Matterhorn said. She then changed the frequency. “Radiance, what did you find?”

“YOU’VE GOT TO SEE THIS, MATTERHORN,” Radiance shouted. “IT’S MARVELOUS! THESE EARRINGS WOULD GO PERFECTLY WITH MY COSTUME! Oh, but I can’t find the Sisterhood of Evil.”

“Well… keep up the good work,” the Masked Matterhorn said. She switched communications. “Fili-Second, I…”

“Yes,” Fili-Second asked right next to the Masked Matterhorn and Hum Drum.

“How long have you been here,” Hum Drum asked.

“Since Matterhorn just called me,” Fili-Second said.

“You were supposed to stay there, Fili,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “Anyway, what did you find?”

“A bakery,” Fili-Second said eating a cupcake. “And I also found a bit and a bank and a…”

“What does this have to do with finding the Sisterhood of Evil,” the Masked Matterhorn asked.

“Nothing, silly,” Fili-Second said. “You just asked what I found. I didn't find anything on the bad guys.”

“Well, you've got to go and find something that will lead us to them,” the Masked Matterhorn said.

“Okay,” Fili-Second said. “Just let me head to my room and feed Gummy.” Quick as a flash, she left the room.

“I swear, Fili-Second has more voices in her head than the Mane-iac,” the Masked Matterhorn said.

“Hey, we all have our faults, MM,” Hum Drum said. “Zapp has an ego as big as her storms, Radiance is drawn to all things beautiful, Saddle Rager is scared of her own shadow when she’s not too angry to go out of control, Fili-Second gets crazy ideas in her head, Mistress Marevelous is juggling with her hero work and her community farm work, and you’re a little too focused on your work.”

“You forgot yourself,” the Masked Matterhorn pointed out.

“I’d think it’d be obvious,” Hum Drum said. “I’m a klutz. I’m almost always accidentally giving the bad guys what they want. Whenever I screw-up, every villain goes, ‘Thank you, Hum Drum. Thank you, Hum Drum. Thank you, Hum Drum.’”

“It’s all right, Hum Drum,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “Say, why don’t you go out and visit Pony Island to ride the roller coasters and eat cotton candy? I think you deserve the day off.”

“Thanks, Matterhorn,” Hum Drum said. He walked out of the room and passed a potted plant.

As Hum Drum’s back was on the plant, it started to grow a face. Anar D’s face was revealed right next to the door where he could hear anything in the other room. He watched Hum Drum walk away and he chuckled in his throat as he whispered, “Thank you, Hum Drum.”