• Published 11th Nov 2014
  • 2,789 Views, 108 Comments

Power Ponies: Harmony Forever - Epicdiscord214



7 heroes with super powers. 3 super villains teamed up. One big threat. One test of the heroes' bond.

  • ...
5
 108
 2,789

The Legend of Pandora and Anar D

“YOU’RE ANAR D’S SISTER,” the Power Ponies shouted.

“Yes, I am,” Pandora said.

“Anar D is your brother,” Saddle Rager asked in shock.

“But… you locked him away,” Mistress Marevelous said.

“Only because I had to,” Pandora responded.

“But you’re a pony,” Hum Drum said, “And he’s…”

“Different,” Pandora asked. “Yes, but he wasn’t always like that. Back then, he was just called D, but that was before Discordant Convergence.”

“Disco Conference,” Filli-Second asked.

“Discordant Convergence,” the Masked Matterhorn corrected. “It’s a cosmic event that creates certain chaotic events when it passes by Equestria. It only happens once every three years. What does this have to do with Anar D?”

“You’re kidding, right,” Pandora asked. “A cosmic chaos is mentioned and you’re wondering how the Lord of Chaos is involved? Well, if you must know, I’ll show you everything.” Her eyes began to glow and the Power Ponies began to see the same scene and Pandora narrated.


Thousands of years ago, me and my brother, D, were closer than any other brother and sister. We’d always watch each other’s back. The whole thing changed on this day.

I was invited by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna in Canterlot. I was a prized pupil to the both of them. One day, they called me over to their throne room. During my meeting, D was listening in from the other room. I approached the two ready for whatever they have to tell me.

“Pandora,” Princess Celestia addressed me, “Over the many years of your service and loyalty, it is time for you to advance to the next level.”

“What do you mean,” I asked.

“You have made plenty of friends here in Canterlot,” Princess Luna said. “It’s time we let you in on a secret: the secret of the Harmony Crown.”

“The what,” I asked.

“The Harmony Crown is the symbol of harmony here in Equestria,” Princess Celestia explained. “Attached to it are six Harmony Gems. Each one symbolizes a different element of our way: magic, loyalty, laughter, kindness, honesty, and generosity. Using the Harmony Gems is easy, but to unleash their full power, the Harmony Crown must be held on by friends who’s bond equals to the power of the gems. Behold.”

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna opened a secret compartment and revealed to me a diadem with six different colored jewels inside. D saw the gems from the hallway and were astonished.

“Your next lesson is to prove you and your friends worthy of these gems,” Princess Celestia said. “If you can do this, then you can be Heroes of Harmony.”

Of course, for the next few months, I’ve been hanging with my friends. I knew my brother represented Laughter since he always told jokes. The kind one was an Earth pony named Sea Breeze. The generous one was a unicorn named Charity. The honest one was a Pegasus named Golden Rule. The last one was a loyal Pegasus named Red Scarlet. We were very, very close friends.

However, come Discordant Convergence, it didn’t last. The one we survived had ended and we were terrified of it. My brother thought differently. He looked around the chaos site and found a small fragment of the Convergence energy and stored it in a little jar. I didn’t know about it until I found it in his drawer.

“D,” I shouted, “What are you doing with this?!”

“I found it,” D said. “I didn’t think there was a law on collecting cosmic energy.”

“D, this is dangerous,” I said.

“Pandora, it can’t be dangerous if we learn to control it,” D argued. “Look, I may have an idea. If we can use the Harmony Crown to keep the chaos in this jar under control, we can use it to do whatever we want.”

“We’re not using the Harmony Crown until we get the princesses’ blessing,” I said. “Now, I want you to bury this jar and I better not find it in your hooves again!” I stormed out.

Of course, D didn’t listen. Later that night, he put on a stealth costume with the chaos in his pocket. He sneaked into the throne room and opened the princesses’ container with the Harmony Gems. The guards saw him before he could have the chance to take them and chased him throughout the city. I was distraught when I heard what came next.

D thought it was best for him to hide in the Canterlot Zoo. He tried to release the animals to confuse the guards, but his plan backfired. The animals attacked him, but when that happened, D’s chaos jar broke to pieces and surrounded them. When the guards found him, D had changed, both internally and externally. He emerged thinking he felt better than ever.

“YEAH,” he shouted. “Look at me now! I can’t control chaos. I AM chaos. I am disharmony. I am anarchy. No, wait. I am… ANAR D!”

“Get down, you beast,” the guard shouted. “Stand down or else.”

“That’s a lot of threats from ponies with rockets and roller-skates,” Anar D said. He snapped his eagle claw and rockets and roller-skates appeared attached to the guards. The rockets fired and the guards rode out of the zoo. Anar D looked at himself. “Strange. Rockets and skates haven’t been invented yet, but I knew what they were. With this powers, no pony would tell me what to do. I can do anything!”

“Indeed, you can.”

Anar D looked around finding that hissing voice. “Who said that?”

“I did.” A large portal appeared and a tall, female Changeling appeared. “I am Queen Scynder, ruler of the Changeling hive.”

“I’m Anar D, comic relief,” my brother said. “Now, what do you want?”

“To help you,” Queen Scynder said. “I’ve been watching you holding onto that chaos and never letting it go, and now that you have become it, I know you have what it takes.”

“To do what,” Anar D asked.

“To take over the world,” Queen Scynder said. “I have a Changeling army for you to command. My master doesn’t mind if you take control. With it, all of Equestria will be yours.”

“OH, REALLY,” Anar D asked joyously. “YES! THIS IS PERFECT! FINALLY, A CHANCE TO…” He stopped being excited for a moment. “Wait, wait, wait, wait. What do you get out of this?”

“Believe it or not, this world we’re currently in is not an ideal abode,” Queen Scynder explained. “We were banished here by the Harmony Crown. My children are supposed to feast on emotion, but there’s nil of that anywhere here. Simply wait for the next Discordant Convergence and you can gather enough power to break the seal between the two worlds and we can be free.”

“How do I know you’re not trying to pull the wool over my eyes,” Anar D asked. “I’ll need some more persuasion.

“How about this,” Queen Scynder asked glowing her horn. Suddenly, a golden, triangle pendant with strange markings appeared in Anar D’s eagle claw. “This is a peace offering. If you agree to free me and my children in the next Discordant Convergence, it shall be a symbol of my gratitude and loyalty.

“Ooh, I do love a good accessory,” Anar D said. He looked up and brushed his goat beard. “I suppose that’s Charity’s influence.”

“So what do you say,” Queen Scynder asked.

“Oh, it is on like Comic-Con,” Anar D shouted.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Queen Scynder said. “In the meantime, have your fun.”

And he did. Anar D would travel all over Equestria creating much turmoil. It came down to me and y friends to try to talk sense into him.

“D, you can’t do this,” I said. “You’re hurting innocent ponies.”

“Innocent, Pandora,” Anar D asked. “Sister, no pony is innocent. I’ve learned that in Transformers Animated.”

“I don’t know what that means, but I’m begging you,” I said. “Don’t make me do something I’ll regret.” I extended my hoof. “Just please, take my hoof. Take my hoof, D.”

“STOP CALLING ME THAT,” Anar D shouted. “I am Anar D now! And what are you going to do? You can’t use the Harmony Crown without the Element of Laughter. Who knows what the result would be?”

“I have an idea,” I said. I reached into my bag and pulled out the Harmony Crown with the Gems inside. “And I’m prepared for it.”

I concentrated my magic into the crown. The Gems glowed except for the laughter. I had enough power to place a spell on Anar D. He didn’t see it coming when I created a stone box and pushed him in.

“Hmm, what are you doing,” my brother asked. As soon as his tail began to be pulled in. “Oh, no!” He dug his fingers into the ground, but he was still pulled in. “NOOOOOOOOOOO!” He continues screaming until the lid on the box was sealed shut.

The crown fell off of my head as I collapsed onto the floor. My friends gathered around me and watched as I closed my eyes, but never opened them again.

For the next few days, all my friends, family, and everyone in the royal court attended my funeral. Princess Celestia stepped up and addressed the kingdom.

“It’s a never-ending battle. We are all involved in a conflict between harmony and chaos. Some of us are bound to question whether or not this battle is worth fighting. Pandora’s sacrifice reminds us that there are things worth fighting for. The Harmony Crown and Gems weren’t found after her sacrifice, but we know that Pandora gave us a reminder of what we’re fighting for. She may not have been official, but Pandora proved herself to be a true Hero of Harmony. Pandora, may you rest in peace.”


The Power Ponies came out of the vision and looked at Pandora.

“Wow, you were right,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “There was more to Anar D than we thought.”

“Do you know what’s been going through my mind throughout my afterlife,” Pandora said. “I just kept thinking that there might be some bit of my brother in that creature he’s become. I was hoping. Lately, I’ve felt a disturbance and I realized that my brother had been released under the control of criminals who plan to use his powers for an evil purpose.”

“The Sisterhood of Evil,” the Masked Matterhorn growled. “They must have found out about Anar D.”

“Those three are fools,” Pandora said. “They think they’re controlling Anar D, but in reality, Anar D’s been deceiving them the whole time.”

“So the box doesn’t really control him,” Zapp asked.

“No, it does,” Pandora said. “Actually, Anar D is convincing the thugs to build a machine that will open a portal to the Changelings’ world and bring them to yours. The Sisterhood thinks they’re going to control the army, but the Changelings will only be at their queen’s command.”

“Oh, no,” the Masked Matterhorn gasped. “I can’t believe I completely forgot that Discordant Convergence is near!”

“It’s not just near,” Pandora said. “It’s tomorrow.” The Power Ponies were frightened. “And my brother wants to get you out of the way before that.”

“Why us,” Saddle Rager said.

“Because Anar D knows that your friendship matches the Harmony Gems,” Pandora explained. “He considers you capable of using them. That’s why he’s been so desperate on splitting you up and getting rid of you.”

“But where are the Harmony Gems,” Mistress Marevelous asked. “Princess Celestia said she couldn’t find them.”

“You’ve known where they are the whole time,” Pandora said. “Now, it is time to send you back.”

“Wait,” Filli-Second said. “What are you talking about. I can’t believe I’m saying this but… MAKE SEEEENSE!”

“Just take a look around,” Pandora said. “The view might just take your breath away.”

Suddenly, Pandora disappeared into thin air. The Power Ponies were shifted to the side. They looked around and they saw images of all their adventures together. They saw the action, the drama, and the heartfelt moments they all shared.

“Hey, everyone,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “When we last saw each other, I said some things I didn’t really believe. When we kept arguing, I didn’t think anyone would care what we’d say.”

“That’s not true, Matterhorn,” Radiance said. “Hum Drum cared.”

“I knew something was wrong and I couldn’t sit back and do nothing,” Hum Drum said. “You’re all my friends and my family. I would never let you go.”

They continued looking at all their flashbacks and gave a happy sigh.

We will get into some arguments,” Matterhorn sang.

Friendship isn’t always easy,” Marevelous sang.

But despite all the chaos,” Radiance sang,

What is the unaffordable loss

Not having my friends with me

It’s no secret that we’re different,” Saddle Rager sang.

But we can see it differently,” Zapp sang.

Even though we’re water and oil,” Filli-Second sang,

I can get through all the turmoil

By having my friends with me

Friends with me,” the Power Ponies sang,

Together, we are

A group of bright stars

Friends with me

We may have different shapes, but we fit perfectly

So our jokes are a little extreme,” Zapp said.

And some of us enjoy too much flying free,” Radiance sang.

But here’s without a lie,” the Power Ponies sang,

We don’t need a ‘me, myself, and I’

But we do need an ‘us, ourselves, and we’,” Hum Drum sang,

“Plus without each other’s help

We would never have found ourselves

I just want my…”

Friends with me,” the Power Ponies sang,

We’ve all been through

A whole lot to do

On occasions, we’ll fall in anarchy

Like we’re stuck in a jail,” Marevelous sang.

And my dress is a fail,” Radiance sang.

And my kindness is never free,” Saddle Rager sang.

But when we hit a bump,” Filli-Second sang.

Then we just have to jump,” Zapp sang.

And I’ll only do it with my…” Matterhorn sang.

FRIENDS…” the Power Ponies sang,

WITH…

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE


Suddenly, the Power Ponies’ real eyes opened. They saw the princesses staring at them.

“We spoke with Pandora,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “She told us everything about Anar D.”

“She talked to you,” Princess Celestia asked. “Did she explain where the Harmony Gems were?”

“She said we knew the whole time,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “But I don’t understand…”

“HEY, TEAM, LOOK,” Filli-Second shouted. She held up a pink jewel shaped like a balloon. “I found this where my team pendant should be.”

“Wait a minute,” Mistress Marevelous said.

The Power Ponies pulled out their necklaces and saw gems shaped like their Cutie Marks. Hum Drum pulled out his necklace, but instead of his cylinder, he pulled out a crown.

“The Harmony Crown and Gems,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “They’ve been with us the entire time and we didn’t even know it.”

“What now,” Saddle Rager asked.

“What else,” the Masked Matterhorn said. “For the past month, we’ve been making mountains out of molehills. And why? Because Anar D turned said molehills into mountains. He split us up and tried to kill us. And now, we’ve got the Harmony Gems. Now, we take the fight to Anar D.”

Author's Note:

I pretty much cried during the funeral scene. I didn't really cry, but I almost did. Anyway, now, the Power Ponies have a better idea who they're up against. Expect some drama in the next chapter.