• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 5,333 Views, 520 Comments

Subject 27 - Phyrexian



Subject 27 is a dark mystery story with ahint of sad. Mysteries deepen the further you read.

  • ...
45
 520
 5,333

PreviousChapters Next
Mission Un-buckable

Chapter 23 - Mission Un-buckable

I fly into the twilight sky, the gryphon leading the way, we meet up with Razor on a nearby rooftop, he simply looks out over the town as we arrive.

“Cloud, your next mission isn't going to be a easy one.” He turns around as we land behind him.

“I’m up to the task! Whatever it is!” I say with courage.

“Razor, I don’t thi-.” The gryphon next to me starts to speak, only to be interrupted by Razor.

“No, you don’t. And because of that I’m putting Cloud in charge of this next mission, you’ll be following her every command.” Razor says, causing the other gryphon’s face to fill with rage.

“You’ve gotta be KIDDING ME!” He shouts at Razor.

No, now do as she says or there will be backlash.” The other gryphon settles down as Razor gives him the warning.

“Razor, what’s the mission?” I say, trying my best not to beam with excitement.

“Some of our boys have been thrown in jail after a failed attempt on robbing a train, it should’ve gone off without a hitch. But there was a little problem we didn’t calculate, the ‘hero’ of Equestria was on board...” Razor stares at me after saying this.

“What? How would I have known if he was on the train? He and I barely know each other.” I say trying to defend myself against Colt’s actions.

“Hey Razor, maybe Cloud here is a spy working with the ‘hero’ of Equestria!”

“Wait, WHAT?!” I yell in surprise after hearing this unbelievable idea that this gryphon came up with.

“I doubt Clo-.” Razor comes to my defense, only to be cut off by me as I yell at the gryphon.

“I’m the leader of this mission! And I won’t be bad-mouthed like this, not even by some low-level peon like you!” The gryphon backs up as he’s startled by my outburst.

“Who the hell do you think you ar-.” I cut him off once more.

“No! Who the hell do you think you are! You’re nothing without this family! Be thankful that someone hasn't killed you yet! Now either you follow my orders or back out of this mission!” The gryphon stumbles back a few feet as I yell at him.

“That’s enough Cloud, you’ve proven your point. Now I want this job done right Cloud, get in and out, if you have to draw blood than do it, the less the better; Now go and bring pride to the Family.” Razor says before taking off into the sky.

“Come Cloud, I’ll show you where the jail is, we have two other stallions waiting for us at the jail.” He takes off, I spread my wings and follow.

We arrive at the jail and meet up with the other two stallions, one of them seems a little young to be doing this kind of work, but he has an eager look on his face. The other stallion simply sits there with a frown on his face as he sized me up.

“You’re all we got for this mission? A gryphon and a pegasus?” The bitter earth pony says as his frown deepens.

“Come on! Let’s do this!” The young unicorn says, jumping up and down with excitement.

“Cloud will be in charge of this job, direct orders from Razor himself...” The gryphon says with a sour tone in his voice.

“Okay boys, tell me what you can about the jail itself” I say as I puff my chest up.

“Two guards are stationed outside the main entrance at all times, there’s one inside who watches over the prisoners during the night, the two out front are both earth ponies and the one inside is a unicorn.” The earth pony says, his frown still plastered on his face.

“Yeah! I’ve examined the back wall of the cell, I can take care of it with my magic! Just say the word and I’ll show you want I can do!” The unicorn says with determination.

“It would be best if we simply just take out the two guards out front and the one inside, the quickest way to get this done.” The gryphon says as he looks me in the eye.

“No, Razor wanted minimal bloodshed, let me think for a second.” I stand there with my hoof to my chin as I ponder over what the new plan shall be.

“Okay here’s what we'll do, unicorn what’s your name?”

“M-My name? Its Shell.” He says, slightly shocked at my request.

“Okay Shell, you’ll wait for my signal, when I give it show me what you’re made of and make an escape route from the cell’s back wall. Sour face, what’s your name” I turn my attention to the earth pony.

“Lemon...” He says, now standing up.

“Okay Lemon, I run up to the two guards up at the door, getting their attention and I’ll make them follow me, as soon as I do, I’ll bring them to you. You’ll come out from behind them and knock them out, do not kill unless you have to.” He nods, his frown slowly turning into a smile.

“Gryphon, what’s your name?” I turn my head as I say this.

“Hare.” He says, I stand there keeping my face straight as I try my best not to laugh.

“Okay Hare, you’ll keep watch above Shell on a nearby roof for any patrols of guards coming. If you see any coming close you’ll swoop down and snatch Shell and fly away, Lemon and I will run and hide in the shadows. When I give the signal and Shell does his part you’ll watch over the streets for any guards, you’ll fly above us to be our eye in the sky for patrols as we make our escape.” He nods in agreement.

“Once Lemon and I take care of the two guards out front I’ll step inside and distract the guard, Lemon you’ll go and slip in behind me as I turn his back towards the door, knock him out and if Shell fails will simply open the cell’s door and let the prisoners out. Our rendezvous point is in the park, if anything goes wrong meet there, if we succeed meet there; Got it?” Everypony and gryphon nods in agreement.

I wait around the corner from the main entrance of the jail until I see Hare fly over and drop off Shell, he perched himself on top of an over-looking roof. I turn around and give Lemon a nod as I fly around the corner towards the guards. I think of 27 and cause tears to start to build up in my eyes as I reach the two guards.

“P-Please! Somepony help me! My sister is injured and I need some help!” Tears streak down my face as both the guards seem a little shaken as I land in front of them crying.

“What happened miss?” One of them says.

“P-Please hurry! There isn't much time! She’s badly injured and I’m not strong enough to carry her!”

“Lead the way, miss!” The other guard reply's, I turn around and quickly run down the street, their armor clatters with each step they take.

I quickly turn the corner before they can, I fly up into above the building and behind them as they turn the corner. The come to a stop as they call out for a mare who isn't there, as they slowly walk down the dark alleyway.

“Miss! Where are you?” I quietly fly right behind them and and turn around, ready to buck one.

“I’m right here, boys” The turn there head and I buck one, causing him to fall to the ground, his armor clattering against ground.

The other one guard backs up as Lemon bucks him, he slams into the wall as he falls.

“Good job, Lemon, let’s go.” We run to the jail’s entrance, I wipe the tears off my face before entering.

I open the door, I see a ball of yellow light strike the wall next to me, I fly in and see a mare unicorn in battle position as I hover there. Her horn lights up again as she shoots another ball of energy at me, I easily dodge it as I move in closer to her.

“Who are you and what has happened to the guards out front?!” She yells, charging her horn for another attack.

“Those two lug heads? Let’s just say they’re taking a much needed ‘nap’.” Her spell goes off, nearly hitting me as I drop to the floor to dodge it.

She charges at me as she levitates a halberd in the air, she swings it at me. It comes slamming down into the wooden floor, causing splinters to fly up as I roll to the side. Lemon comes charging in through the door, the mare quickly looks up to see Lemon charging in at her. She fires another ball of yellow energy, striking Lemon head-on. He falls to the floor as the spell paralyzes him. I lept off the ground and into the air, as the unicorn focuses on Lemon; I grab halberd in my mouth and balance myself in the air as I try to swing it.

She throws up a magic shield around herself, causing the halberd to simply bounce off it and causing me to lose control and fall to the ground as her shield shatters. She turns to me, she seems slightly fatigued as she readies yet another paralysis spell. Thinking quickly, I rear up on my hind hooves and yell:

“RAWWWRR! I’m a chocolate-covered alfalfa monkey!!”

Caught completely off-guard, the unicorn mare’s paralysis spell fizzles out as she shakes her head around to clear up the sudden storm of confusion raging in her mind. I take this chance to make a wing-boosted dash toward the guard. I pivot on my front hooves rotating 180 degrees. The guard finally looks up to see two light blue hooves rocketing towards her jaw. She only has a moment to react as she says “OH BUC-”. Her yell of surprise is abruptly cut off as a brain-rattling blow lands squarely on the left side of her muzzle causing her head to briefly whip from side to side sending small droplets of blood onto my flank.

The unicorn mare collapses to the ground in a boneless heap while snoring loudly from a freshly-broken snout.

Great, now I need a bath. Don’t you know how hard it is to clean blood out of your coat? Trust me, it’s bucking hard!” I yell as I lightly kick the downed unicorn with my right rear hoof in frustration.

The back wall now a brighter shade of purple as its bricks come crashing down; making a big enough hole for the prisoners to escape through. The dust settles as each of the prisoners crawl through the hole as Lemon and I make our way through the front door, Hare flies over us, the light from the moon casting his shadow down upon us. We all follow underneath him, he turns in the sky as he sees a patrol of the guards coming down the street.

We keep on following Hare as he flies, after ten minutes of non-stop running we make it to the park, we all stop at the rendezvous point as we catch our breath; Hare lands on the ground next to me as we stand there. I look up to see the look on everyponies face, glad the mission went so smoothly.

“Good work, everypony. Hare and I will go and inform Razor about our success, y’all go get some rest, you’re free ponies now; Don’t disappoint the Family again.” I say before taking off into the night sky with Hare.

Credits

Editor/Ideas

frieD195

PreviousChapters Next