• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 5,338 Views, 520 Comments

Subject 27 - Phyrexian



Subject 27 is a dark mystery story with ahint of sad. Mysteries deepen the further you read.

  • ...
45
 520
 5,338

PreviousChapters Next
The Joys of Experimenting

Chapter 61 - The Joys of Experimenting

The first hour of letting Tail spar with the recruits went by smoothly, although he seemed to just be playing around the entire time. An eager recruit tried relentlessly to beat Tail, but Tail danced around the sluggish newbie like it was nothing. Eventually Tail got bored of him, he made one wrong move and Tail brought him down in one swift strike; hard enough to make him yield, but not hard enough to harm him too much.

Hour two was a little different, the second recruit was smart enough to study Tail’s movements; but he wasn't smart enough to realize that Tail was just fooling around with the first guy the entire time. Tail swipes his feet from out under him, he tumbles down to the ground with as much grace as a rag doll. Tail points at another fledgling, summoning him in the sparring match; two versus Tail, odds might be in their favor, but Tail easily handles them both; until one of them lands a lucky strike; breaking Tail’s playful attitude.

Hour three was in the rookie’s favour, Tail’s movements became sluggish and sloppy as fatigue starts to set in. His weight became much more difficult to carry, forcing my lower back to bear the majority of his weight. As the end of the third hour drew near, my back ached, my legs stiffened up, and I’m doubtful that Tail can keep this going for very much longer. A few new recruits came in to train, oddly enough among them was a young unicorn; maybe in his teenage years, most likely just a few years older than Isaac.

Hour four moved at a snail’s pace, seconds turned to minutes, minutes into hours. Tail can barely move now, my back is on fire, legs felt like petrified wood. Just the last recruit is the only one last standing, sweat drenched his brow, his breath raspy and heavy. Tail’s impaired movement give the last gryphon standing an opening, he barely manages to pin Tail to the ground; just before he collapses himself.

I kept a watchful eye on Razor, studying his movements, his technique. He’s holding himself back, leading Silver along to believe that she has the upper hand. He’s agile, able to think quickly on his paws slash talons. If the time comes for he and I to fight seriously, he’ll be giving me a run for my money. The Horror seems to be oddly intrigued with the prowess of SIlver’s fighting style, her technique consists of precise, powerful attacks, though not as fast as Razor. A sense of pride fills me while I watched Silver fight; my Horror side is prideful that it accepted such a powerful, fierce female into our pack. All I want to do right now is go over there and mount her on the spot; but I force my Horror instincts to stay locked up for now.

Something bothers me; this young unicorn seems to be struggling with any offensive spells; even just casting a laser beam is giving him a tough time. Each beam takes longer to cast than the last; the beams seem weak, thin lines of orange that travel noticeably slower compared to anything else I’ve seen to date. Maybe each unicorn is more adept at certain schools of magic than others? Which begs the question, how come Isaac seems to be a jack of all trades, ‘master of all’? All I know is that unicorn magic hates me. The less I interact with it, the better.

The finally rookie rolls off of Tail, he can barely stand; Tail can’t even move, a lead balloon can move faster than he can at the moment. Using a bit of Friend’s power, I put it into Tail’s vein, but even this is not enough to get the poor guy moving.

“You’re going to make this troublesome for me, aren’t you buddy?” He tries to wiggle his tip, but all he manages to do is to kick up dirt.

Sighing, I redirect Friend’s power into the veins in my legs; as the power flows into my veins, it’s like they’re waking up from a long slumber, they begin to pulse with new life with each ounce of power I put into them. Dragging Tail behind me, I started the long, strenuous trek over to Silver who seems to be finishing up.

A commotion breaks out behind me, a young voice yells out. “Watch out!” I turn my head to see a rogue laser barreling towards Silver and Razor.

I only need to close ten feet to intercept the laser, but with Tail being dead weight; that ten feet might as well be a mile. My Horror instincts force my body into overdrive, encasing my body in its scale armor, my hands and feet become clawed; and somehow, I manage to get my legs pumping like the devil himself was nipping at my heels. My legs shifted into gear, going straight from first to fifth. Ten feet never felt so far away, each step seemed to get me nowhere fast.

Silver turns her head to see me charging at them, she looks over to see the stray laser flying towards the both of them. Razor sees the laser, he steps away from it’s flight path and watches me closely. I feel like the turtle trying to beat the hare in this race. I pour on the power I obtained from the merging with Fade; the scales on my legs rise up; the normal thick black smog oozes out before igniting into a dark shade of blue frost-fire. The more power I force into my legs, the darker the arctic flame becomes.


“Stop this nonsense Horror! Your body can’t handle this kind of strain!” Lightning orders.

“I know what my own body can handle! Either pipe down or give me power!” My heart rattles against my ribcage, it’s rhythmic beats turn into a wardrum.

“Silver will be fine, the laser is weak, you need to stop!” My chest tightens up, I ignore it and push on.

“I won’t forgive myself if she is harmed in anyway, shape, or form!” I throw on the breaks, my feet slide across the ground; the laser strikes against my chest.


The first layer of scales take the brunt of the blow, it scorches a hole in me, singing a rib and grazing the left ventricle of my heart. The laser isn't powerful enough to penetrate through the back layer of scales, but it was strong enough to send me to a world of pain. The world around me comes to a screeching halt, I drop to my knees; speechless, the cries of Silver seem so distant, almost muffled behind a thick wall of glass.

“Horror!” She screams.


“You want the good news or the bad news first?” Lighting Charmer sarcastically says.

“S-Status report.”

“I’m okay, thank you for asking.” sarcasm drips from his voice like venom from a snake.

“Bad news it is then, your heart has sustained damage, enough to bring it down to forty two percent.” Silver reaches for me, but stops short when she sees the raging flames on my legs.

“And the good news?”

“How about I just show you?” Like a flip of a light’s switch, my grey, bleak world is flooded with color again.

“T-Thank you Lighting.” I stand back up, Silver tries to stop me but I push past her towards the young unicorn.


My power veins in my arms vibrate with the deadly mixture of Friend’s and Fade’s power; the scales stand on end, a dark blue, almost black flames travel up my arms; stopping at my shoulders. My vision funnels into a tunnel, all I see is the unicorn cowering in fear. A handful of fledglings grab onto Tail, I keep on walking, dragging them behind me.

“It was a mistake! I’m sorry!” More rookies grab hold, but it’s still not enough.

He’s almost in arm’s length, a flurry of ideas come to mind on how I should punish this fortuneless soul who’s done goofed. So many glorious ideas float around my head: I could give his soul over to Friend, or let Fade eat him alive, but that might be too enjoyable; or I could torture him, flaying him alive sounds like the reasonable idea to go with; I should make something from his hide after I tanned it; maybe a wallet, or a purse for Fade.

“Horror! Stop!” Silver commands, her order snaps me free from my tunnel vision.

“Shell Shock, are you okay?” Silver flies between us, the frightened unicorn timidly nods his head.

“I-I said I was s-sorry! It was an accident, I swear!” His voice cracks.

“Horror, calm down, you need to rest.” Silver’s voice sounds shaky, almost fearful.

“Horror, look at me! I’m fine, no harm done.” She reaches out to me, the flames on my arms licks at her talons before she pulls them away.

She reaches out again, reluctant at first, her talons finds its way to my forearms; the flames engulfing her claws. I cast my gaze down into her eyes; god, how I missed those ruby red eyes of hers; how the seem to sparkle like a endless sea.

“The flames... Their c-cold. Why?”

“You’re not my enemy, I would never want to see you harmed. The flames that protect me will only harm the ones who wish to harm me or my loved ones.” I look pass Silver to see Shell Shock still trembling in fear.

“Silver, please, step aside.” She does as I ask, Shell Shock tries to collect himself but falls short.

I take a knee, leaning in so what I’m about to whisper only he may hear. “Don’t say anything, just tap me on my arm if you know if Cloud is safe.” He looks down at the flames, he raises his hoof but he doesn’t dare to put it near me.

“I don’t consider you an enemy, you’ll be fine. To answer any questions you might have, I smell her on you.” He quickly taps me on my bicep, jerking his hoof back with great haste.

“Thank you, next time you see her. Tell her that I tend to keep my promise.” He looks up to me, his mouth is left gaping.

I stand back up, my scales lay down to their resting position; snuffing the flames. I merely pat him on the head, I turn back to see Silver solely standing there. My legs feel weak, my back is literally on fire, and my chest feels like it’s about to explode; the wound gradually closes; slower than usual. I take a step towards Silver, but my legs give out from the sudden overdrive and I collapse.

“Horror!” Silver cries, I fall hard and fast, I’m able to break my fall with my hands.

I weakly cough, “I-I’m fine, d-don’t worry about me.” I wasn't fine, I needed rest, badly, if I try to push myself any harder; I might be out of commission for awhile.

“Bull-fucking-shit, you’re not fine!” The sun casts Silver’s shadow over me as it starts to set behind the mountain.

“I just need some rest, that’s all.”

“Silver Wing, what’s the matter with your pet? Don’t tell me such a weak attack was able to bring it down.” Razor flies over to us, his shadow merging into a blob Silver’s.

“Please, Horror can take much more punishment than that. He’s just needs to rest, that’s all.” I’m able to push myself back up to my feet, poor Tail still hasn't recovered from over exerting himself.

Razor let’s out a piercing whistle, the recruits scurry over to us, each one standing in a perfect line next to me. “Rookies, the new shipment comes tomorrow night. Your training is complete, if you mess up tomorrow night, you’ll know what will happen; dismissed!” The newbies salute him by balling their right talon up and placing it over their chests.

“Silver Wing, take your pet over to the hotsprings; the minerals will help him recover; that’s an order.” He spreads his wings and flies off into the main building.

“Let’s go.” She turns and takes the lead; hopefully she knows where she’s going.

I pick Tail up, I drape him of my shoulders and limp after Silver. We walk up three wooden steps leading to the wood path that connects the hot springs with the main building. Just a few steps on the walkway I have to stop to catch my breath. Silver notices that I’m having trouble, she turns to me with a pain look on her face.

“You look awful Horror.” Awful? That isn’t strong enough, I feel like utter shit; hell not even that is strong enough.

“I-I’m fine, all I need is a little rest and I’ll be as good as new.” I give her a faint reassuring smile.

Silver lets out a sigh before puffing up her chest, “Get your ass into gear, shape up, and get a move on it! That’s an order Horror!” I do as I’m told, I put on a bold face and keep marching on.

Just one foot right in front of the other. I’ve never felt so weak; so helpless. Every other beam I have to stop to catch my break; I just pray that I don’t just keel over before the end of the night. I’m just a stone’s throw away from entering the bathhouse, Silver doesn't offer any help, infact she has already walked into the facility.


“Lighting, take the helm for a minute.” I don’t even wait for a response from him, I need to go talk to a certain Friend of mine about my current condition.


As soon as I enter the Darkness, my soul is assaulted by a tidal wave of exhaustion that hits me head on. I stumble backwards into Fade, she catches me before I have the chance to fall over.

“F-Friend!” I call out into the Darkness, only to be answer by my own echos.

“Friend isn’t here right now 27.” She lowers me down onto the floor of the Darkness, resting my head on her lap.

“W-Where is he? I need to know why he isn’t doing his jo-.” She gently places her hand over my mouth, I look up to her; her hair up in a tight bun.

“Hush 27, Friend should be back any minute now.” She moves her hand up onto my forehead, stroking my horns with care.

“I told him I wanted to use my solid that I won from your little adventure with Hyper Crasher.” I look down my body to see deep cracks running up and down my arms and legs.

“Jesus, I’m falling apart at the seams. I’m a bloody mess.” I seldomly chuckle, I look like a poorly put together jigsaw puzzle.

“We have little time to speak 27.” Fade’s voice is a near whisper, she lowers her head; her face just inches away from mine.

“Your memories, Arkis’ memories, I was right; they’re tampered with. These sealed memories I can’t access, I believe these memories can tell me, us, who you really are; but I can’t do this alone, I need your help.”

“The only memory that disturbs me the most is the gr-.” The sound of someone clapping interrupts Fade, we both look up to see Friend with his cane tucked under his arm while he claps.

“Clever girl.” His hands stop, but the sound continues on.

“Friend, what’s wrong with my body? Why has it become increasing difficult to perform basic fusion?” I try to raise my head, but my soul refuses to comprehend the command; I try once more, but my futile struggle only deepens the ridges that plague my body. “Feels like I’m withering away. Why is my body failing me now?”

“Your body is decaying.” He takes hold of his cane, and drives the tip into one of the cracks. “For your soul, it is not up to the task of controlling such a high-maintenance body.” He shoots Fade a dangerous glare, she meets it with her own.

“I told you not to let her feed on you, did you listen to little ol’ me? Noooo, ignore my advice and now look where you ended up at.” He twists his cane, causing the crack to fracture even deeper.

“Why haven’t you been doing your job then? You’re the one who’s suppose to keep me running!” I sneered.

“Yes, running. You’re not dead, your body can still move, so I can and have been slacking off on my duties.” The further the gaps expand, the more weary I become.

“Friend, stop it!” Fade protests; her hands squeeze my horns.

His cane dislodges from me with a hard jerk, “You need to feast on souls before you try the fusion again; that Don looked mighty tasty, he’ll surely do the trick.”

“What if I gave him a portion of my soul?” Part of Fade’s soul? Just imagine the rush I would get from that! I-. No, I push this tainted thought into the deepest bowels of my mind.

“I won’t hear a single word of it Fade!” It pains me to refuse such a wonderful offer, but I don’t dare take from a love one.

Fade looks down at me with a mixture of hurt and worry on her face. “Why are you refusing my help 27?” I can’t even look her in the eyes, I have to look away from those pleading eyes of hers.

“Enough of this squabble. Arkis has granted permission for you to access the exiled memories. I no longer owe either of you a solid.” Fade runs her hand down my cheek, I’m afraid to look up to her beautiful face and those hurt looking eyes, so I flee the Darkness.


I return back to the world of the living, greeted by a warming sensation around Tail. I look down to see me standing at the edge of the hot springs with the majority of Tail already soaking in the hot waters. The muscles in Tail start to loosen up while he soaks; he regains minor movement as he starts to weakly wiggle his tip back and forth.

“Aren't you coming in too Horror?” Silver’s voice grabs my attention, I turn my head to see only her head sticking up out of the water.

“Oh, yeah, just daydreaming.” I undo the bell collar from Tail’s base before stripping down to my birthday suit.

“Haven’t seen you completely covered in your scales like this before, what gives?” She pushes off from the far wall, making her way over to the edge I’m standing at.

I step into the hot water of the bath. “That laser did some extensive damage to my heart. I’ve been struggling just to keep standing; my armor is easing the pain for me.” I walk to meet Silver halfway, the water is already waist deep.

The sides of her beak curl up into a smile, “I like how it looks on you, it kinda suits you; dark, intimidating, just the way I like my Horror.” She puts her talon against my chest, running her claws down it.

“One thing I don’t like it how it hides your scars.” She pouts.

“Come now, you need to rest.” She forcibly pushes me down, I’m too weak, nor do I really care so I drop my entire body into the piping hot water; the waterline stops just below my Adam’s apple.

The tension in my body just melts away; I take a deep breath before fully submerging myself under the water. Every aching, stiff, and sore muscle unwinds themselves. Minutes fly by as I listen to the rhythmic beats of my feeble heart; faint, but steady. The world around me start to slip away; only to be brought back to me as Silver yanks my head back above the water.

“You trying to drown yourself? You were down there for at least five minutes!”

“Sorry to make you worry; I was just enjoying the feeling of weightlessness.” Tail has regained more of his mobility, he’s moving about more than ever, swimming around like a eel.

Tail brushes up against Silver’s inner thigh, causing her to shriek in surprise. “L-Looks like my favorite little guy is finally awake.” He worms his way through her back legs, up her backside and rubs up against her cheek.

She swims in closer to me; the spot in the pool that we’re at is just barely deep enough where she has to tread water. She props herself on me, her talons wrap around my neck. I look into her eyes, they sparkle with hunger, a lust for some fun. My face is red hot, not from this little advance from Silver, but from the steam and hot water.

“We’re alone, Tail seems to be in a rather good mood, why don’t we have some fun?” I desperately want to, my body screaming at me to push it just a little further; my brain is sending a different message; it’s telling me to avoid any physical exertion.

I rack my brain trying to find away around this, my heart needs to rest, doing this would surely be putting a strain on it. I open my mouth, but only wordless noise comes out; Silver takes this as an invitation; she presses her beak against my lips, her tongue slithers into my mouth and down the back of my throat. My instincts try to kick in, my hands move around to her hindquarters, my tongue wrapping around hers; before my hands can plant themselves on Silver’s firm rump, I forcibly push her off of me.

“Silver. you have no idea how badly I want to have some fun right now, but I can’t risk it.” The sparks in her eyes erupt into a roaring fire; making her ruby red eyes glow like I’ve never seen before.

“You’re afraid? You’re actually afraid, aren't you?” She holds on tight around my neck with one talon while she moved the other one below the water. “I’m fine with doing all the work.” She winks at me.

“It’s not the fact that I’m afraid of over exerting myself any further.” That’s a bold face lie right there; never really been a big fan of straight up lying, makes me feel so... Dirty.

“If they found us fooling around, wouldn’t your father be furious?” The fire of lust in her eyes twist into an inferno of hatred.

“Don’t you dare speak a word of him!” Her talons dig into the back of my neck, her wandering paw stops short before meeting a certain member of mine; I thank whatever god there is for not screwing with my life.

“What did he do to you? Why do you have such malice towards your own kin?” Her talons penetrate the scales on the back of my neck; blood starts to seep from the puncture wounds.

She unlatches her claws from me, with a flap of her wings, she flies up onto the edge of the pool; her chest heaving, wings fully expanded. “You want to talk about malice, hatred?! Fine!” Her voice dangerously close to the edge of rage.

“When you died in Unyasi, that thing, Friend, told me what you did to your own family! He told me how to killed your older sister and your mother in cold blood, he also told me what you did to your brother when you finally caught him!” A storm of spite erupts inside me, my scales stand on end; each one pulsating at high frequencies.

“Then, then he told me something foul, that you’ve taken countless lives; innocent lives! Just so you could overthrow your father? Wh-” I snap, the storm inside me explodes into a blizzard. The frostbite flames erupt from the scales on arms and legs; flash freezing the the water in the hot spring.

“I told you not to mention a single word of that!” My voice becomes low and dark; Silver holds her ground, not even flinching after witnessing the explosive power that radiates from me.

“You opened this can of worms, now you’re going to finish them!” Her voice crosses over to rage.

“I didn’t want to believe it! I tried so hard to stay in denial, every fiber of my being wanted Friend to be lying; he... I...” Her chest deflates, her wings return to their normal resting position, but she still maintains her firm posture.

I pull myself out of my icy hole, the flames die down as the scales return to their normal position. “That man he told you about, whomever he was, is dead. I’ve been trying my damndest to make sure I don’t end up like he did; alone, so very much alone.” I walk across the smooth as glass surface towards Silver; she doesn’t budge, only continues to stare me down.


“Hor-.” She tries to speak, but I won’t give her the opportunity.

“No, the only thing I ever asked from you is not to speak a word of what Friend said. You spoke and now, now you have to listen.” Tail whips at the ice with such an immense force that he creates a deep fracture.

“The burden that I’ve been carrying around on my shoulders has slowly eating away at my humanity; and you know what? I’m not scared, no, I’m excited! Not knowing whatever happened to my home world, I feel like I’m responsible for it; and the feeling I get is unfathomable!” I near the edge of the bath, Silver’s eyes dangerously narrow the closer I get.

“It feels like I destroyed something beautiful! And what scares me, is that I can’t figure out what I did. ” Something deep inside me starts to stir; I stop only a few feet away from Silver as I concentrate on this movement.

“So what? You want to return home? Leave everything here behind? Leave all your friends behind?! Is that it?! You plan on dying alone like y-.” I take a step towards Silver, she shuts up and takes a step of her owns backwards.

“Whatever happened to my home world, I feel responsible for it. When the day comes that my exile has been dissolved, I would like to return to see the results of the sins that I’ve committed. I’m not looking for redemption; I lost the chance for redemption the day I made the contract with Friend. I’ve came to terms with this awhile ago.” I take another step, and she does the same; the daggers continue to shoot from her eyes, but I ignore them.

The stirring inside me goes back into hiding. “But Earth...is no longer my home, I no longer have any family waiting for me to return, nor friends, nothing. This place, is where my friends, family, and loved ones are; this place is my home.” Her eyes fully open, the fires burning behind them fade away.

I stumble forward; my unstable soul couldn’t handle the sudden outburst of power. Tail manages to fly out in front of me, breaking my fall as he props me up. “Thanks buddy.” I weakly say, the strain I just put on my soul is taking its toll; my body weaker than before our little fight broke out; I’m just grateful I don’t have to carry Tail around anymore.

The atmosphere shifts into a more calmer feeling, or I’m just in the eye of the storm. “So what am I to you then?” Her voice is sharp, sharp enough to cut a strand of hair straight down the middle.

I’m so very tired of this fight of ours, all I want is to get something to eat, then go get some sleep. “How do you look at us?” Hoping I can change the subject of conversation.

Her beak twists and turns to an unreadable emotion, just for a split second she breaks eye contact. “Y-You’re...” I steel myself, not sure if I want to know the answer or not.

“Y-You’re my...” A straight line replaces the mixed expression on her beak, before she moves in closer to me.

“You’re my companion, both as my pet and my...” Her mouth is left gaping, nothing but breath escaping past her open maw.

She slumps down onto her haunches, she places a claw over her chest. A silent breath escapes from her body, she stays mute for a brief moment. “You’re my mate.” She whispers.

“Celestia torture me with your tail until the cows come home, you’re going to make me say it? You’re my companion, my best friend, and my mate. You’re the one thing that I can lean on; I know when I doubt myself I can always rely on you for strength.” My eyes follow her claw as it moves down to her abdomen; I look back up to see her eyes glisten with tears that’s she holding back.

“But seeing you... like this... It scares me... I’m trying so desperately not to pluck my own feathers right now.” She fights back the tears, making sure not a single one is shedded.

“Scared of what?” My words causes her to flinch with a pained expression on her face.

“I’m scared of losing you... My father... He’s been adamant about making my entire life into a living hell.” She’s visibly shakes, I take a step closer to her, she raises her claw off of her abdomen and holds it up.

“No, don’t come any closer.” I ignore her command and take another step.

“I said stop!” I refuse to comply with the command.

Another step is taken, her body shakes even more the closer I get. “Horror, sta-.” I open my arms and go in for a hug, she retaliates by slapping me with full force of her talons; raking off several scales off my cheek.

“When I give you a command, you’d better follow it! Do I make myself clear?!” She stops shaking, she wipes the blood from her claws on my chest.

“Very well, Mistress Silver.”

“Get dressed, dinner should be done soon.” I throw my boxers, pants, and collar on before Silver and I walked back to the main building under the moon’s glow.

Using Tail as a makeshift cane, I limp behind Silver in the hallways. Servants hastily walk past us carrying platters filled with delicious-smelling food; my stomach lets out a powerful roar when the scent of food grows stronger. We walk into the main room, where I’m instantly overwhelmed by the scent of stir-fried food. Servants scurry about the room, setting food down on the Don’s table where he sat in the middle, Razor on his left with an empty spot to his left. Few more gryphons sat down at the table, just leaving a vacant spot to the Don’s right.

“I must go take my seat next to my father. Just standby, I’ll make sure one of the servants brings you some food.” Tail keeps me propped up as I put my full weight on him. Silver leaves me and takes her seat next her father.

One of the serfs sets a plate down in front of Silver, she whispers something into ear and points at me; the serf merely nods in agreement and walks out of the room in a hurry. The Don bows his head and murmurs a quick pray to himself; everyone at the table follows suit before grabbing their chopsticks and digging in. The girl that Silver whispered to comes back into the hall with a large bowl of white rice; she sets it down in front of me and looks up at me.

“I’m terrible sorry, this is all I can bring you without a scolding from Razor; please forgive me.” She quickly says in a stifled whisper.

It’s no Mongolian beef on a bed of fried rice, but I’m just grateful that I have something to feel my empty tank; although a bottle of soy sauce would make this odd meal, but I digress. I set down on the floor, Tail grabs the bowl of rice and I attack it with chopsticks as my only arsenal. inhale the large bowl in the matter of minutes; I’m content with a half empty tank; enough to get me through the night and possible until lunch time tomorrow. With everyone else eating their dinner, I cross my legs and close my eyes; resting my hands on each knee.

I concentrate on that submerged feeling that stirred during the fight with Silver. I’ve never felt so... alive. Just that thought of obliterating something marvelous, something grand makes me so very alive. I try thinking of destroying a priceless work of art, but that doesn’t do it, an evil thought of whipping one of my friends from the face of existence gets the flow going; but it’s not enough, I need something... better, something that more sinister... something like an entire race, making an entire species extinct turns the trickle into a powerful current. Deeper and deeper I go, the sounds of plates clattering against other plates falls away from me, as well as the rest of the world around me. The only thing I can hear and feel is the deep-seated power boiling inside me.


[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=Zi8vJ_lMxQI&NR=1]

Softly echos through a large, cold room; I’m moving my latex gloved hands in rhythm with the music; with a empty syringe held tight in my right hand and a vial of my newest creation in my left; my two most favorite toys I might add. The blood curdling screams of man mixing in with the music only heightens the divine state of mine I’m in.

“I’LL FUCKING KILL YOU! YOU FUCKING MONSTER!” His voice is dry and raspy, I can hear him desperately thrashing about on a metal table; kicking and screaming at the top of his lungs.

“Oh, on the contrary my dear boy. It is I who will be killing you.” My voice doesn’t sound like it normally does. It sounds almost, alien to me. The foreign words coming from my mouth sound slightly higher pitch than usual, more high-spirited and foreboding.

I turn on heel, my eyes open up to reveal the white, clean, crisp operating room; three operating tables with healthy test subjects occupying them; my computers running diagnostics and test subjects along the far wall; a wide assortment of tools at my disposal on their respective racks, neatly organized and sterilized. What a gleeful sight, to see my playground already for me to run about like a child, to play with my new friends and listen to them scream for their lives as I experiment on them to my heart’s content.

“How I love to see my clean white walls, all the better to see the artwork I paint with your hot blood.” I purr, with a spring in my steps I make my way over to the tables.

“P-Please, let us go! W-We won’t tell anyone, I swear!” A young, feminine voice speaks up from table two.

“I’m terribly sorry love, but I just can’t bring myself on letting you three go. Each one of you have the privilege of being the very first subjects to undergo my new strain of virus I slaved so long and so very hard to create, just for you!” I put the needle into the vial and pull back on the plunger, filling it with a sickly green liquid.

“Now, which one of you want’s to have the honor of becoming a new breed of super Horrors? How about you table one?” I smile at the man who continues to try to break free from his restraints.

“HOW ABOUT YOU GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU GODDAMN FREAK!” With what little saliva he has left, he hocks a loogie on my face.

I wipe my cheek onto my lab-coat, I give the needle a couple good flicks before driving it into table one’s IV. “Nobody can hear your screams, only me, myself and I.” I inject 3 cc of my newest concoction into him; absolutely ecstatic to see the results. I skip over to table three.

“What a shame, looks like table three decided not to join us in our merriment. Which makes you, table two our control subject!” I plunge the syringe into table three’s IV, injecting 5 cc into him.

“W-What are you d-doing to us?” She begins to cry softly, I place the vial and syringe on the nearby cart and rush to her side.

“Shhh, shhh, it’s going to be okay love. No more tears, can you do that for me, please? There’s no need for you to cry, soon enough you’ll evolve with your fellow friends.” I gently dry her cheeks with a handkerchief that was tucked away in my lab-coat.

“Come on now, show me that pretty smile of yours. I would greatly appreciate it if you did. My spectators would be most thrilled to see you smile, wouldn’t he?”


I come back with the largest grin plastered on my face; that memory... I-It never felt so real, it was the most disturbing one yet, but I want more! But the strangest thing, what did he, or I mean by spectators? Was he talking about me? I push all of these to the side when I see that Silver as already finished and left the room, leaving me in my meditating position and the clean up crew.

“Miss, where did my handler run off to?” Tail taps the nearest serf’s shoulder, she turns to me with a blank look.

“Everyone has retired to their chambers for the night.” Is the only thing she says before returning to her duties.

I make my way back to the Mount Everest of stairs, knowing that I’m going to be regretting every step of the climb. Just a quick warm up before I start my journey, three steps at a time, steady pace gets me to the top; I didn’t break my previous time, but I made it to the top without keeling over. I wipe the sweat from my brow before opening the door leading to Silver’s room; lights are already off, maybe she’s asleep? I open the door and step in, I let one click out to get the mental imprint of the room.

“Come to bed, Horror.” Fuck, did I wake her?

“Sorry, did I wake you?” Tail closes the door behind me, I walk into the dark, clicking periodically to make sure I don’t run into anything.

“No, you didn’t. You coming to bed or not?” One last click gets me home, I crawl into bed and snuggle up next to Silver.

She leans into me with all of her weight, Tail wraps himself around her warm body and I bury my face into her feathers; just breathing in her scent makes my heart flutter; as long as I can still breath, I never want to forget this scent. I pull the covers over to us, and lay there silently before Silver rolling over onto her side to face.

“I’m sorry for being so rough on you today Horror.” I can’t see her face in the dark, but I know that she’s wearing a sorrowful expression on her face.

“I’m sorry if I hurt you, I just don’t wan-.” I pull her against my body, planting a gentle kiss on her beak.

“Whatever you do, how much you think you’ve hurt me, just know this Silver Wing; I’ll always be there standing by your side.” She nuzzles her head under my chin before sighing happily.

“Thank you, 27.” Are the last words that are spoken between us for the rest of the night. Silver falls asleep in my arms, leaving me very much awake, it’s going to be a long night for me.

Credits

Editor

frieD195

PreviousChapters Next