• Published 29th Apr 2012
  • 5,333 Views, 520 Comments

Subject 27 - Phyrexian



Subject 27 is a dark mystery story with ahint of sad. Mysteries deepen the further you read.

  • ...
45
 520
 5,333

PreviousChapters Next
Bath Time with Tail - A How-to Guides

Chapter 49 - Bath Time with Tail - A How-to Guide

I pull my head out of Fade’s chest, she’s laying on my bed right next to me.

“Surprised to see me?” She giggles.

“Y-Yeah... First time I’ve seen you out of the Darkness since the facility... And the first time I’ve seen you not as a formless shadow...” She smiles at me before getting out of the bed and starts to pose.

“You like?” I’m struck speechless and only managed to nod my head with my jaw hanging open.

“Good.” She continues to pose in different positions, my jaw lowers.

“H-How is this even possible? I-I thought you could only be a shadowy blob while not in someone’s mind?” She crosses her arms and starts to fake pout.

“The last little snack you gave me; well let’s just say it restored me to my previous power when I was first created by Nightmare Moon. And I thank you for that.” She slowly climbs back into the bed, my heart starts to beat against my chest like a war drum.

The world around me zones out as I feel myself slipping away into deep concentration. Something is very wrong here; my brain feels pre-programmed, as though it’s telling me to run very far and hide in a cold, dark, damp hole. I’m getting mixed signals though. My mind is begging, no screaming at me, to stay put. But my soul wants to fully merge with Fade; I don’t what to listen to; my soul or my mind.

“You okay, 27?” Fade nips at my bottom lip with her teeth, breaking me out of my train of thought.

“No... Something is very wrong here... It feels as if someone implanted suggestive thoughts in my mind... But my soul it w-.” She bites my lower lip again, pulling back before letting go.

“Stop that! That really hurts!” She sticks her tongue at me as I cry.

“I know what you really want, 27. Your soul wants to merge, doesn’t it?” I don’t even need to answer.

“I want nothing more than to merge with you, but I-.” This time, I bite her lower lip.

“Oww! That does hurt!” I chuckle as she covers her mouth with her hand.

“I know the consequences that could follow with us merging. There’s a good chance that you’ll swallow me whole without intending too. But I don’t care; I’ll live with the consequences, be they good or bad, I just want to be with you.” She sits up on my lap, her eyes sparkle with lust and she bites her lower lip.

“Are you sure? Once we fully merge, there’s no turning back.”

“Yes.” As all I needed to say before she sinks her teeth into my neck.

My mind is overwhelmed by a mixture of pure ecstasy and agony, I involuntarily clutch the sheets in my fists; white light flashes before my eyes repeatedly as I fight to stay conscious. All my mind wants to do right now is rip Fade away from my neck, but I won’t let it; I can feel my soul falling away from me as Fade remains latched to my neck like a leach. I focus on one memory that Fade and I created since we met, that way I won’t be fully consumed by her.

I focus on the night I died and visited the Abyss for the very first time; the night when Fade and I first started to merge back in Unyasi. That was the very first time I could let my guard down around anyone since I came to this bizarre, yet intriguing world. The pain dulls as my soul stabilizes in a cold embrace, my heart beats slows as my blood lowers by at least ten degrees. A fracture travels the lengths of my horns, revealing an icy blue vein-like structure underneath the scales.

Everything seems so surreal, everything seems to move sluggishly as my body adjusts to my new power. All I hear is my heartbeat, slowly, yet powerfully beating against my ribcage; Fade pulls away from my neck and licks her lips; she lays her head against my chests and listens to my heart. My brain feels as though it’s in a tub of ice. I lay there in the bed with Fade’s cool head on my chest; it puts me in a tranquil state of mind as I enjoy this brain-freeze.

“You feel any different, Fade?” I’m the first one to break the silence, Fade doesn’t bother to raise her head off my chest.

“I feel... incredible, such power, such an understanding of the world you came from... Such a cold, unforgiving place; souls struggling to survive everyday life, doing anything just to fill their hunger for power... You?” I start to come down from my new found high.

“Mind feels as if it’s frozen over, but I don’t mind it, I enjoy this tranquil feeling that it brings. My body is still trying to adjust to it though, heart beating slower, pumping slightly colder blood through my veins. I’m glad we were able to harmonize, I would’ve been devastated if I came out on top.” I run my fingers through Fade’s ghostly hair, her hair feels silky, yet it feels like nothing is there. It was such a strange feeling.

“You and I share each others memories, if you decide to go through them, please be careful. I know how you are with reliving memories.” I can’t but help to laugh at this statement.

“Likewise... I don't know how I came to Equestria, but Arkis said there’s a time and a place for everything. Now, it’s time for me to go to work. The day is still young and I have some errands to run before I can leave for Cloudsdale... Are you still able to enter and leave my mind freely, Fade?” Fade looks up and I give her a quick peck on the lips.

“Yes I can, it will give me some free time to go over these new memories I’ve acquired.”

“I love you, Fade. I’m glad that I stumbled into your trap.” She smiles at me before returning the kiss and entering my mind.

Tail waves in front of me, making himself known; I notice how much blood is on the poor guy, he probably wants a bath.

“Who’s a dirty tail? You are! Yes you are! Do you want a bath? Do you?” Tail wags viciously and points at the bathroom, I get the idea.

“I get the idea buddy, it’s been awhile since I had a proper bath, come on, let’s go get cleaned up.” Tail pushes me out of bed and towards the bathroom.

I take off my boots and socks and drop trow. I turn the knobs and hot water spews out from the nozzle, tail opens the shower curtains and I jump in. The hot water unknots and loosens up my muscles as I stand there, tail grabs a bottle of shampoo and shoves it into my face.

“Pushy little guy, aren’t you?” I grab the bottle and sniff it, smells like kiwis.

I squeeze a healthy dosage of shampoo into my hands and lather it, I got to scrub my head but my horns get into the way. With some finesse, I move my hands under my horns and manage to cover my scalp with the shampoo with a little trouble. Tail grabs the bar of soap and a hand towel, he places them in my hands and points at himself; little guy is present.

“Okay, okay, I get it. I’ll scrub you down if you get my back.” Tail nods and I start to scrub at the caked-on blood.

The blood doesn’t give up without a fight, tail managed to get blood in every crevice on him. I increase the hot water and let tail soak before I go back at it, I wash my blood-stained body in just a few minutes. I watch as crimson water swirled around the drain. Tail breaks the hypnotic trance that the whirlpool has me as he shoves the bar of soap in my mouth.

“Tail! There’s no need to wash my mouth out with soap!” Tail points at himself again and I attack the blood stained crevices with new found vigor.

Somehow I manage to get myself tangled up in tail as I clean every nook and cranny on him, the hot water turns warm as I finish cleaning the dirty boy and he returns the favour as he washes my back and I step out of the shower to dry off. Tail grabs two towels from the rack and tosses one at me, I catch it as he dries himself off. I quickly dry myself off with tail’s help and I wipe away the condensation on the mirror to get a good look on my new appearance.

“So, after fully merging with Fade, my horns have gotten a nice little blue vein to them; I approve.” I stroke my horns as I nod to myself in the mirror.

I throw my clothes and medallion on before walked out my chambers, a royal guard awaits me; he greets me with a salute and stands ready.

“Knight! Princess Luna has ordered me to escort you to the royal halls when you are ready, sir!” He stomps his hoof to add emphasis.

“At ease, soldier. There’s a few errands I need to run before.” I walk past the guard, be he stops me.

“Knight! The Princess has given me strict orders to be your escort, sir!” Really, an escort?

“Very well, if you wish to obey your commands, then I guess you can accompany me into Canterlot. There’s a store called ‘Fancy Threads’ where I placed an order before I left for my previous mission.”

“Knight! Please follow me to Fancy Threads, just a quick trot down the main street and we’ll be there in a matter of moments, sir!” He salutes me again before taking the lead.

I shrug and just follow my escort that the Princess thought I needed, we walked through the corridors and out the castle. The day is still young as the sun barely sets past breakfast, ponies dressed all fancy like as they trotted through Canterlot without a care in the world. Just a few blocks down the main street, the guard turns a corner and I spot the sign for the tailor just a few stores down. The guard stands out front as tail pushes the door open and a bell rings out as I walk in.

“Welcome to Fancy Threads, how may I he-.” The tailor trots out from behind the corner, the look on her face never gets old.

“Yes, I placed an odd order about two weeks ago, you might not remember me, but I think you’ll remember this medallion.” Tail points to the medallion around my neck and the tailor’s face lights up.

“O-Oh my! W-What happened to you?” I just smile as I give her the short version of the story.

“I s-see, well, give me a moment so I may take your new measurements.” She levitates measuring tape and writes down my new measurements.

“Would you like me to clean and repair your boots for you?” I look down to see they’re caked again with many layers of blood, mud, random bits of plant matter and sand.

“If you wouldn’t mind, that would be lovely.” I take off my boots and she tows them to the back and I find a bench and set down.

An hour passes as I sit there just relaxing, enjoying not doing anything at all for once. The tailor comes back with my new pants and cleaned boots in a levitation field; she floats them in front of me and tail is kind enough to grab them for me. I empty out my pockets, PDA and headset and take off my pants and slip me new ones on; lightweight, comfy, deep pockets, I like it. I put my boots on, release them and tie them tight. I put my belongings in my new pockets and do a start to stretch my legs out to break my new pants in.

“These are amazing! I’m so glad you were able to get the camo pattering down, thank you so much.” I respectfully bow before her which causes her to blushes.

“Oh please, stop it, you’re embarrassing me. I also made a few extra pairs in different colors too if you need them, if you like I can just keep them in back and hold them for you.” This blows me away, I’m floored to hear she went out of her way just to make extra pairs for me.

“Y-Yes! Thank you! You’re amazing, you didn’t have to do that!” She waves her hoof at me as I praise her.

“I had to do something with the extra bits you gave me, cotton is such a cheap material I was able to make four pairs for you, each one a different color. Would you like me to dispose of your shredded pants for you?” I eagerly nod and she floats my old pants into the wastebin.

“Thank you again for your hard work, if I need anything else, I’ll definitely be coming back to you.” She smiles and waves goodbye as I leave.

“Knight! What’s next on our agenda?” My royal babysitter salutes me as I emerged from the store.

“Where’s a good place to grab a bite around here?” He stands there with a puzzled look on his face.

“Food, you know, fruits, veggies, meat. I can eat anything, lead the way.” He silently trots down the main street towards a nearby cafe.

Tail is two steps ahead of me as he hides my medallion in my back pockets, my babysitter takes a seat outside and I do the same, a waiter comes trotting out from the cafe and stops dead in his tracks as he sees me.

“Yeah, I tend to do that to everybody that sees me, I don’t mind. Give us whatever is quick, there’s work to be done.” He looks at the royal guard and he holds steady as he stares at me.

“You heard him, now get to it!” He orders the waiter, breaking his stare on me as he runs back into the cafe.

“So, answer me this, soldier. What is the real reason on why the Princesses has order you to accompany me?” He stands ready, not showing any sign of emotion as I ask.

“Knight! May I speak freely, sir?” He salutes me, I gotta admit, I do enjoy being saluted at.

“You may.”

“The Princesses thought if you decide to go into Canterlot, the presence of a royal guard might... Soften the blow-back that your ‘new’ appearance might scare some of the locals.” Well, they’re right, the locals have been gawking at me more than they have been before I got my new accessories.

“I see, it is kind of hard to keep a low profile right now, with everyone staring at me and what have you.” Are food arrives and I start to dig into my fruit salad.

“Knight, is that the reason why you haven’t been wearing your medallion, sir?”

“Yes, and please stop calling me Knight, doesn’t help me stay under the radar.”

“Knig-... What should I address you as, sir?”

“Call me Demon, no one knows me by that name besides the zebras in Unyasi.” Might as well go by one of my aliases, best way to keep a low profile. Let everyone keep on thinking that Subject 27 just disappeared off the face of Equestria.

I finish eating my fresh fruit salad and waited for my babysitter to finish his. Just sitting here in the sun’s rays feels quite pleasant, I start to drift off into a catnap but supernanny finishes his salad before I could fall asleep. We get up from the cafe and send the bill to the castle, let the royal treasury float the bill. We walked in silence back to the castle, tail digs my medallion out and drapes it around my neck before we enter the royal hall. Luna rises from her throne and I kneel down before her.

“Princess Luna, is there anything I should know before I begin my next mission?” She looks at the guards and they leave the hall and the doors close behind them.

“Your mission is to infiltrate the Black Talon, gain their trust, and get close to their leader. He’s a powerful gryphon. Nopony knows his whereabouts. We would like it if you found him and kept tabs on him.”

“So, you want me to be a mole? I can do that, anything else?”

“You’ll be absolved of all your criminal activity's during this mission. Please return safely back to us without any new extremities this time.”

“I’ll try my best, I’m ready whenever you are.” I look up to see Luna’s horn glowing, she launches the spell at me and I’m whisked away.

- - -

“I really hate being teleported!” I yell as I fall towards a town made completely out of clouds.

Credits

Editor

frieD195

PreviousChapters Next