• Published 25th Oct 2014
  • 466 Views, 0 Comments

Up in the Clouds: Fluttershy's New Life - Evil_Neigh



What would happen if Rainbow Dash never stood up for Fluttershy? Instead of the filly savior, a stallion that turns out to be her instructor helps her. After she is rescued by the stallion, she begs for him to be her adoptive father

  • ...
 0
 466

Prologue

“Aw, look at the little baby, you gonna cry, Klutzershy?” Hoops said. Dumb-bell laughed heartily at his cohorts neanderthalic insults. Fluttershy only wanted to be left alone, Sadly for her, but perfect for the bullies, she was crying. A single tear started to run down her golden furred cheek. The previous tear made a path for another that slid down quicker than it’s predecessor. This torment seemed to happen day after day for Fluttershy. She wished she had somepony to save her from these hurtful attacks she went through day after day.

After another filly flew over, Fluttershy stared at the rainbow the other pony created. The blue pony never paid attention but Fluttershy didn’t blame her, no one paid attention to her. Except Hoops and Dumb-bell. Though most in this situation would say all jocks pick on the weak to make themselves better, not Fluttershy. In her eyes no one was perfect but everyone had a little good, except her. She believed she was worthless and a clutz.

The bell rang, causing all the other ponies dash to their designated station to be taught better techniques on flying. Fluttershy was apart of a younger, more inexperienced class. It embarrassed her to have to be in a class full of ponies two to three years younger than her. She was very hesitant to go to the station. Instead she turned around and stared to the land beneath. She wondered how easy it would be to just take a couple steps forward. “Maybe,” -Fluttershy lifted her foreleg and slowly guided it past the edge of the cloud- “I could be happy this way.”

“Knowing you Fluttershy, you aren’t going to be able to save yourself from that fall, no offense,” a slight chuckle came from a stallion she knew very well.

“Oh, Stormchaser, I mean um… sir,” Fluttershy said timidly. She was obviously embarrassed at what her instructor witnessed her doing. Stormchaser was a semi-tall pegasi stallion with a dark blue coat. Slightly above his dark brown eyes he always wore black goggles on that he was never seen without. “I was just uh… stretching my legs.”

“Oh Fluttershy, I’m actually offended you think im that naive. I know what you were thinking. I also know what you’re thinking now, ‘why didn’t this jerk come help me from those bullies,’ and I am sorry, I ran out as soon as I saw they were causing you trouble.” Stormchaser apologized for his lack of helpfulness knowing that Fluttershy would forgive him. “Well, on the way to talk to you, I gave those two clean-up duty in the mess hall for this last week of camp. Don’t forget to leave some extra work for them little one,” Stormchaser joked followed by a soft nudge to Fluttershy’s side.

“Stormchaser?” Fluttershy got unusually quiet, even for her.

“Yes?” he resumed the conversation with his own question.

“I don’t want to go back to the orphanage after flight camp…” more tears started to fall from Fluttershy’s face. She loved being with Stormchaser, because he was her only fatherly figure. He was the first stallion to make her smile ever. Stormchaser knew that Fluttershy wanted him to take her from the orphanage. The only thing that kept him from doing it was he wasn’t confident in his ability to take care of her. Seeing her tears and hearing that statement he lost all doubt.

“I’ll take you away from there. Next week, after the flight camp is finished, I’ll come with you to the orphanage and adopt you. Keep it a secret though, I would get a lot of questions from other instructors for adopting a student of mine.” Fluttershy smiled the biggest smile ever when she heard Stormchaser say that. She was still crying but these were tears of joy. She hugged Stormchaser and he returned the loving interaction.

“Thank you so much, Dad,” Fluttershy honestly always wanted to call Stormchaser that. He was finally going to save her.

“That’s gonna be an interesting thing to have to get use to, but you’re welcome Fluttershy,” he released Fluttershy and she stuck on for only a couple more seconds. “We need to get to the group, I sent them to warm-up so they should be ready for today.”

“What are we doing today?”

“Watching a movie on safety,” Stormchaser immediately let out a loud laugh, he knew they were going to hate him for this.

The following week couldn’t go fast enough for Fluttershy. Though she wanted to finish the camp, she learned a lot more when she became determined to impress Stormchaser. She kept flying until her wings could barely carry her anymore, then she would land and just walk to her stable. Hoops and Dumb-bell were so busy cleaning they didn’t have any time to even think about messing with Fluttershy. It was finally looking good for her.

“You ready Fluttershy?” Stormchaser asked as he readied his bags to go home.

“Yea..”

“Hey, what’s wrong?”

“Are you sure you want to adopt me? I’m not that good of a pony.” She said on the brink of tears. Stormchaser merely plopped his hoof on Fluttershy’s head. She looked up to him and he stared directly into her teal eyes.

“Fluttershy, never think lowly of yourself. Everypony is special in his or her own way. Now stop being a silly filly and let’s go, I’m gonna have to do a crud ton of paperwork.” Stormchaser sighed deeply, which caused Fluttershy to giggle at her “father’s” faux sadness. After a short trip through the clouds, they arrived at the orphanage and entered side-by-side.

“Oh, hello sir, were you sent to bring Fluttershy back?” a slightly aged mare asked Stormchaser.

“No, well yes, but no at the same time,” he started confusing himself. “I am here to adopt Fluttershy.”

“Oh, how nice, well Fluttershy you should go get your things from your room that you didn’t grab when you left for camp.” Fluttershy only nodded at the mare and left.

“Okay, well while she does that what papers do I need to-” Stormchaser was stopped mid sentence by the eldest of the two.

“It’s okay I understand, she dragged you here and you don’t actually want to adopt the brat. She’s a pain to deal with but you can leave now and I’ll tell her that you had a emergency and it’ll be fine.”

“Listen lady-” he looked around the room to make sure it was only those two, “- fuck you. Fluttershy has more intelligence, elegance, love and kindness in one hoof then you do in your whole shriveled body so give me the papers or I’ll sue you for child abuse. She told me what you do here.” The lady hesitantly gave him the papers he had been asking for.

“Here you go sir,” she said. She knew she was in a corner. What she didn’t know is that he already called FPS (Foal Protection Services) on her.

“Ready dad?” Fluttershy asked after she came back with one more bag than before.

“Of course sweetheart. Thank you for the help.” He gave a slight bow with his head. The two walked out of the orphanage and flew over to Stormchaser’s home, which was now also Fluttershy’s home.

“So this is my new home,” she said in a timid voice.

“Don’t be afraid Fluttershy, it’s your home as long as you want to live her, don’t worry.” She loved when Stormchaser understood how she felt. He really was the best kind of stallion ever.

“Do you think there will be guys my age as nice and cool as you dad?”

“There’s always a couple good colts and mares in every generation. I believe you’ll find one of those good colts when you’re thirty.”

“Why thirty?” Fluttershy felt nervous that she would be a last choice for good colts.

“I don’t want any colts hurting my little filly, otherwise I’ll have to hurt them,” Stormchaser and Fluttershy both cuckled at his joke. “No, really, I’ll hurt anypony that hurts you.” He was obviously a very protective kind of dad in Fluttershy’s eyes, but she loved it because at least he was there for her. He approached the cloud door and opened it for Fluttershy.

“Woah,” were the only words that escaped her lips.

------End of Chapter 1------

~ Written by Evil_Neigh in association with dilong6.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment