• Published 12th Sep 2014
  • 945 Views, 1 Comments

Coincidental Love - Joel Wetzel



An intriguing tale of how Cadence and Shining Armor came to be one.

  • ...
 1
 945

A night of Love and Tragedy

It was a dark stormy afternoon in Canterlot but Night Light trotted on with a look of utter determination upon his face. There was a distant clap of thunder but it didnt faze him. He climbed the steps to a large house. Before he even knocked the door slammed open and she stood in the threshold beaming. She lept forward and wrapped her forelegs around Night Light.

"I thought you wouldn't come." She said.

"Whats a little water gonna do to stop me." He said grinning.

"I'm so lucky to have you Night Light. You are the best coltfriend anypony could ever have. C'mon. Lets get you inside and dried off." She said pulling his muscular form gently inside.

He followed her inside but stopped after closing the door. Twilight velvet turned to see her coltfriend bowing to her. His horn glowed and a small velvet box slid quietly out of his jackets inside pocket. Twilight gasped as it opened revealing a sparkling diamond ring.

"Twilight Velv-" She cut him off before he could finish.
"Yes!" She said barely able to contain herself. She planted a kiss on his lips as he slipped the ring onto her horn.

That very same night Princess Celestia sighed as she looked over Canterlot from her balcony. She couldn't stop thinking about her sister. She took flight soaring swiftly above the clouds. She slowed to a hover and looked up at the moon. A tear slipped from her eye.

"Im so sorry Luna. I will get you back, no matter what it takes. I promise." She was almost sobbing by now.

She would soon need to return to Canterlot. She ducked below the clouds and into the rain so that nopony would be able to tell she had been crying. She was crying so hard that she could barely keep aloft. She didnt want to go back to Canterlot anyway. It would just remind her of Luna. She flew swiftly to the base of the mountain where she knew there was a small cave. She had taken residence in it before under similar circumstances.

She landed harder than normal but continued into the cave. She collapsed in a heap of tears. She didn't try to hold back anymore. She cried for almost an hour straight. Her sobs subsided and she noticed that something was touching her gently. She looked at her partiality extended wing and saw a small pink ball curled under it. It was a filly. She couldn't have been over two. Celestia gently pulled her wing away as not to disturb the filly. She composed herself as best as she could and peaked outside.

"Hello! Is anypony out here?" She asked to the empty air and received no response except a small gust of wind.

She shivered and thought of the filly. It was to cold out here for her. She moved quickly but quietly to avoid disturbing the filly's slumber.

With a simply series of spells she encased the filly in a waterproof ball of magic and gently picked the filly up using delicate precision to make the filly feel as if she was not moving. With new found determination she flew slowly holding the filly in front of her and proceeded to land on he balcony jn Canterlot where she hoped the storm had masked her departure and especially her arrival.

As the filly was mostly dry she placed her on her bed while she loosely filled her laundry basket with towels. She heard the filly stir and her head snapped in the direction of her bed. The last towel fell drapped over the edge of the hamper. The filly stretched then returned to her original resting position. Celestia carefully lifted her into the basket. She placed a towel over top of the filly to serve as a blanket. She would get the filly proper bedding tommorow assuming no one filed a missing pony's report. When she felt satisfied that the filly was sound she crept off to her personal bathroom to dry herself off.

She was just finishing drying her face when she heard it. The high pitched squeals and sobs coming from the adjacent room. She dropped her towel and ran into the other room. The filly was bawling her eyes out in her makeshift bassinet.

"Mommy!" The filly cried. Celestia approached the filly and stroked its head gently.

"Its okay. We'll find your mommy tommorow." She said in a soothing voice. Even if the filly didn't understand the words it heard the soothing words and calmed slightly.

"What's your name sweetie?" Celestia asked quietly. The filly barely able to speak and still quite scared spoke in an almost inaudible tone.

"N-name Mi Amora Cade-cadenza."

"Thats a pretty name. Oh my." She said.

She saw that the pink filly had a sprained wing. Celestia calmly started working on it. She got it bandaged quickly. She hopes it hadn't happened too long ago or it might heal wrong and damage the poor filly for life.

It looked like Mi Amora Cadenza had had it a little rough lately. Her mane was ruffled and she had a few minor cuts and bruises.
Knowing the late hour Celestia started singing a quiet lulluby. Her voice almost caught in her throat when she remembered where she knew it from. It was the same lulluby that she had sung to her sister when she was little. She started gently brushing the filly's hair back into a neater fashion. Cadenza was asleep now but Celestia wanted to finish her hair before heading to bed herself. The brush hit something hard in Cadenza's hair. Celestia moved to get a closer look and almost shrieked when she saw it. Sticking out of little Cadenza's head was a horn.

"How is this possible. I didnt think it was possible to ascend at her age. I need to look into this." Celestia mumbled.

She finished Cadenza's hair in a few more strokes then snuck out of the room after putting a spell on the filly to monitor her. The second the door shut she ran down the corridors towards the royal library. The few guards on patrol bowed as she passed them. She slowed only slightly to give them a curt nod then kept on her way. She made a beeline for her private chamber.

"Alicorn, alicorn." She muttered as she scanned the A section.
Three hours and seven history books later Celestia was stumped. She searched every book with the word alicorn in the title. She was about to give up when she saw an intriguing title. She pulled out a book titled Early Ascension. She carefully flipped through taking in every word. Her persistence paid off.

"Anypony can theoretically ascend to become an alicorn if and only if they complete an extraordinary act. It is never known to have been done but is a possibility. If it happens it could be assumed that the pony would have gained their cutie mark." Celestia read aloud.

That was all she needed. Suddenly her horn glowed indicating that Cadenza was awake. Celestia shut the door to her private chamber and engaged the magic lock. She teleported outside her door and quietly entered. Cadenza wasn't in the hamper. Celestia frantically searched the room to no avail. She noticed that the closet door hadn't been closed. She opened the door but there was no sign of the little pink filly among various dresses within. She started searching carefully through the room. She heard a slight rustle from the back of the closet. She crept to the back of the closet being quiet as a mouse. The shelves made a corner shape that Celestia had always ignored seeing no need for even more space in this vast room. Celestia looked through the small crack between them and inside she saw Cadenza. At first Celestia thought that the filly was hiding but even a filly knows how to hide. Cadenza was moving about at an alarming rate frantically looking behind the small bits of clutter that had found their way behind the shelves.

"Mi Amora, is something wrong? What are you looking for?" Celestia asked in a soft curious voice. Cadenza froze when she realized she had been found out.

"My mommy. I want my mommy back!" She said beginning to cry. The truth hit Celestia hard. This filly hadn't seen her mother in quite some time.

"Mi Amora. Listen to me. Im going to make sure that you find your mommy okay. I promise. If you come out we can look together." Celestia said in a pleasant yet determined voice.

Mi Amora did seem to brighten up at the idea though. She hurried toward a small opening in a cupboard and dissapeared. A few seconds later a small pink head popped out of the small doors and was followed by the tiny pink body. Cadenza's eyes were still wet but she wasn't about to give up looking. She trotted on her tiny legs right past Celestia.

"Come on. Lets find mommy." Said the tiny voice. Celestia smiled and followed.

"So how old are you Mi Amora?" Celestia asked carefully as to not bring up Cadenza's parents.

"I'm two." Cadenza said with pride.

"Wow. You're older than you look." Celestia said politely causing Cadenza to beam with pride.

"Oh oh. I know!" Cadenza shrieked and started running towards the bed.

Celestia followed alongside. So as to humor her she checked under the bed. Cadenza's face fell.

"Where's my mommy?" She asked while on the verge of tears, her eyes full of fear.

Celestia gave her a long hug and said in a sympathetic tone. "I'm so sorry. But I don't know. I'm not going to lie to you. But I will do my best to find them. But you have to stay strong okay."

The filly nodded and tried to hold back her tears.

"Okay. I can do it." She said quietly.

Celestia smiled and hugged her again. She gasped when she saw it. There on her flank was a tiny blue heart. Not just any blue heart, a blue crystal heart.

"It can't be." She said quietly to herself.

Mi Amora yawned and dragged her feet all the way back to her makeshift bed. She wrapped herself up and her eyes began to close.

"Good night Mi Amora. Sweet dreams." Celestia said softly.

Cadenza was already drifting off. Celestia sat over her until she was certain the tiny filly was out and then climbed into bed herself. She was asleep by the time her head was fully rested on her pillow.

Comments ( 1 )

You should probably have something to indicate scene changes.

Login or register to comment