• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 14,160 Views, 248 Comments

Alone in Equestria - Kerberos



Anon ends up in Equestria and lives a happy life... until he realized that he wasn't really all that happy.

  • ...
103
 248
 14,160

Second Chances

The next day Twilight made sure to wake you up bright and early. You actually wanted to sleep in for once. Yesterday took its toll on you. At least she bought all of you breakfast.

Once all of you were filled and cleaned up, you went out to search for Trixie. The hunt for her went about as well as the hunt for Anon. There was a lot of asking, and a lot of hoof pointing, but you were able to find her after you stopped for lunch. She was at the Wellington Center in downtown Fillydelphia. The guards in the front let your group in as soon as they heard Twilight mention the word "Celestia" She didn't like to flaunt her influence, but it was for a good cause. Once you made it to the dressing rooms, Twilight knocked on the door that said Trixie.

"Come in." Twilight opened the door to reveal a slightly older Trixie than you remembered. It made sense though. It has been years since you last saw her flee from Ponyville. Once she saw your group, her eyes widened.

"Twilight!? What are you doing here?" That didn't sound like the Trixie you knew. No boasting about her accomplishments. No putting down Twilight. Heck, she wasn't even talking in third person.

"H-Hello Trixie. It's been a while." Trixie calmed down at Twilight's non-threatening voice. In fact Trixie walked right up to Twilight... and gave her a hug? All of your friends faces mirrored your's of disbelief. After Trixie let go, you could see Twilight also in a state of shock. "W-what was that for?"

"For giving me the flank kicking I deserved." Twilight's shock turned into confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Tixie moved out of the way to let you all enter the dressing room. When you walked in, you looked around the room. It was just like any other famous pony's dressing room. No special Trixie posters or merchendice. Just a normal pony dressing room.

"Darling, this place looks magnifique!" Of course Rairty would be the one excited about seeing a dressing room. This was a place for celebrities to be.

"Thank you. It isn't much more than a temporary dressing room." Twilight was still greatly confused.

"It does look nice, but what was that think about flank kicking?" You were curious about this yourself.

"I guess I have some explaining to do right?" All of you nodded your heads.

"Well after you kicked me out of Ponyville... for the second time, I was ruined. My career was in the toilet and I had to live in my cart. I started to beg for food and places to stay. Then one day, I found a sack of bits laying right in front of me with a note. It said that “everyone deserves a second chance.” It was exactly what I needed at the time. I took a job at a diner, cleaning up tables and such. The bits helped me pay my rent and for some food. I eventually started to do some magic tricks down in the hospital for little sick foals. It didn't take too long for somepony to recognize me and they offered me to perform here tonight. Speaking of which, did you want some tickets?" All of you were amazed at the tale. Well, all except Twilight.

"What did the note say EXACTLY?" Trixie walked over and pulled it from the mirror.

"I have kept it as a reminder. It keeps me humble and not going back to what I was." She levitated it over to Twilight. Twilight took the note in her hooves and inspected it. Then, her eyes lit up.

"I know this handwriting! It's Anon's." Trixie cocked her head to the side.

"Who's Anon?" You all looked at her with sideways heads.

"You know Anon silly. He was there when you came and tried to take over Ponyville." Trixie thought deeply for a moment before she shook her head.

"Nope, can't say I do."

"C'mon you know! The really tall human." Trixie just shook her head.

"Not ringing any bells." You rubbed your head in frustration, as the other girls did too. Twilight was the first to recover.

"Nevermind, we were wondering if you were doing anything after your show."

"Nothing comes to my mind."

"Well, would you-"

"Except going to see my coltfriend." Twilight lost all steam in her engine.

"Y-your coltfriend?" Trixie smiled twice as big as before.

"Oh yes, he is a wonderful stallion. His name is Moonlight and he works at the observatory." All of you gave the best fake smiles you could.

"Oh that's nice." Twilight tried to keep her composure while Trixie looked off into space.

"He sure is. I always believe that there is somepony out there for everypony." You felt a spike of pain go through your heart when she said that. This was what you and your friends were trying to fix. The room soon fell into silence. A few awkward moments pass before Applejack speaks up.

"Well would ya look look at the time. We better get movin'." Rainbow joined in as well.

"Yeah, we still have some things to do, right Twi?" Twilight was confused for a second before she caught on.

"Oh yes, I completely forgot. I am so sorry, but we are going to have to cut our visit a little short." You stood up to leave.

"Well, here are some tickets in case you want to drop on bye." Twilight took the tickets from Trixie.

"Thank you, and good luck with the show."

"You are very much welcome." You and your friends walked out of the door and it closed behind you. Your pink hair deflated right when you heard the door click.

"Now what?" Twilight put a hoof on your back.

"I don't know Pinkie. Unless you know somepony else who is lonely, I think it would be best if we left Anonymous alone." All but Rainbow agreed.

"I'm not going to just leave him here to die Twilight! I never leave anypony hanging!"

"Rainbow..."

"No Twilight. I spent weeks trying to find him. Week! I am not letting him go again."

"Rainbow."

"I am the element of loyalty for Celestia's sake!"

"Rainbow!" Dash stopped her ranting at Twilight's shout.

"Don't you think this is hard for all of us. We just found our friend after years of nothing and he doesn't want anything to do with us. We all know how you feel." Rainbow lowered her head. "But going home doesn't mean we are giving up. I have a sister to send a letter to." Twilight trotted down the hall and you followed. You should have known she had a plan. She had a plan for everything. You followed her down the hall, not seeing Trixie open the door from all the shouting.

"They really care about you, don't they Anonymous."


Trixie POV

You just watched your former enemies walk away. They were talking about somepony named Anonymous.

"They really care about you, don't they Anonymous." Just by the shouting you heard, you could tell he was very dear to them. You looked up at the clock. It was going to be a few hours before they started letting ponies in. Deciding it was enough time, you grabbed the note and went off to look for this Anon.

After asking a few sources, you ended up standing in front of a shack. You could hear the ring of a hammer as it struck an anvil. Gathering up your courage, you pushed through a curtain.

Anon wasn't how you expected him to look. Then again, you didn't know what to expect. He kind of reminded you of a minotaur, but shorter and less beefy. That didn't mean he wasn't muscular, quite the opposite. You cleared your throat to get his attention.

"Mister Anonymous?" He stopped what he was doing and looked over at you.

"Well, well. If it isn't Trixie." It didn't sound like he was mad at you. In fact, he sounded almost... happy? "Come on in." He waved you over to a broken chair and a dirty couch. You accepted his offer and walked over. Once you seated yourself, you looked back over to Anon. He put down his work and limped over to you.

"What's wrong with your leg?" He continued to limp to the broken chair. Once he sat down, he smirked and pulled up his pant leg. You gasped at the site of his wooden replacement.

"Besides it not being there, nothing. Damn manticore wanted a piece of me, and well, he got it." He popped the leg out off of his stump "Much better. So how have you been?" You couldn't take your eyes off of the wooden appendage. It shocked you how a pon-person worse off than you could hand you anything, let alone a sack of bits.

"I've been worse. I just wanted to thank you for that sack of bits you gave me all those weeks ago." He raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't give you any bits. Hell, I barely have any bits for myself." Being a show mare, you knew when somepony was lying. It’s what you mostly did on stage after all. That, and Twilight said that it was his handwriting. You pulled out the note from your saddlebag.

"Twilight said this was your handwriting." His spirits crashed when you mentioned Twilight.

"Oh."

"You know, they are worried about you." He slumped back into the chair.

"Yeah, I know."

"Then why won't you go back?" He rubbed his eyebrows in frustration.

"Have you ever been in love?" There was your coltfriend, but it wasn’t true love... for now anyways. You shook your head. "Neither have I, but all my friends have. In fact they all have husbands and probably kids by now." You sat there in silence and listened to his tale.

"Hell, I haven't ever had a girlfriend. And not from lack of trying, mind you. Anyways, their love bloomed, and I was stuck where I was as they moved on. At first it was just little bit of sadness when I saw them kiss or hug. Then, it got worse when they started to talk about marriage. When Twilight had her baby, I almost lost it. I knew if I stayed, I would lose it. So, I packed up and left. I went through the Everfree." He gave his wooden leg a kick.

"I ended up here after about a week or two. Found a pony who taught me how to work with metal. He moved on while I stayed and made stuff for the little people." You sat there and let everything sink in.

"That doesn't explain why you gave me those bits." His frown turned into a small smirk.

"Just like it said. We all deserve a second chance."

"What about your second chance?" You caught him off guard with that.

"You are probably the sweetest and stupidest po- human I know. First, you torture yourself by putting your friends happiness before your own. Then, you have the gaul to hide away the pain from those that care about you most. You let that well up inside you to the point where you are afraid that you might ruin that happiness. So, you ran, hoping that they will forget about you. And even when you are down on your luck and MISSING A LEG, you still find it in you to help out a nobody like me with a pile of bits. Out of EVERYTHING you have done, wouldn't that warrant a second chance?" He leaned forward.

"This was my second chance." It was your turn to be caught off guard.

"What do you mean?" He gave another sigh.

"Do you know how I ended up in Equestria?" You shook your head.

"I died." You gave a sharp gasp. He died?

"H-how?"

"I was walking down a street when a car came speeding down it. Some punk rolled down his window and began to fire a gun. I got hit in the chest." Tears started to fill your eyes.

"I never made it to a hospital. I died right there on the ground. Then poof. I wake up in a field outside Ponyville. If you ask Twilight or any of them, they can tell you the rest. So that is why I don't have any chances left." Your tears threatened to come streaming out of your eyes, but you held them it.

"That's awful." He nodded his head.

"Have you told anypony else?"

"Never had the need to."

"Then why are you telling me?" He took a deep breath.

"Because someone should know. Someone who truly understands second chances." That hit you right in your chest. He trusted you with his story, and you were not going to let him down.

"Then give them a second chance."

"They did nothing wrong." You looked out the window and saw that sun lowering. You were out of time.

"Just listen to me for a second. Whether it hurts their feelings or not, they did mess up. They didn't mess up when they got into relationships. They didn't mess up when they decided to get married. They didn't mess up when they had children. They messed up when they couldn't see what was going on with you. Friendship is a two way street. You look over their happiness, and they look over yours. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I think all of you need some closure." He sat there in silence and took in your advice.

"I would stay longer but I have a show tonight. Thank you for listening." You got up to leave.

"Wait." You turned around to face Anon.

"Are you doing anything after the show?" You bit your lip. He was in a vulnerable state, but you couldn't betray Moonlight like that.

"I am going to have drinks with... a friend." He sunk back into the chair.

"Oh... alright. Well, you have some fun." It broke your heart to see a creature reduced so low. You walked over to him and gave a kiss on his cheek.

"Things will look up for you soon." With that, you hurried back to the Center. You hoped that he would find the note you left on his couch.