• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 14,152 Views, 248 Comments

Alone in Equestria - Kerberos



Anon ends up in Equestria and lives a happy life... until he realized that he wasn't really all that happy.

  • ...
103
 248
 14,152

Alt ending for the story

Author's Note:

The story is technically done, but I am to lazy to edit, and it is a pain to edit. So if you want to read the full thing, it's here.

For all those that want the full story... so I don't have to edit it, is here http://pastebin.com/8BB4kmgm


And here is an alternate ending from a different writer. It is a bit happier http://pastebin.com/GYvTRzWB

Comments ( 51 )

Wait, what? You finished the story on another site instead? Sad.

5369169 It was finished before I posted it on here. This is the second site.

5369185 Aaah, I get you. Thanks for posting this then, had no idea.

Jesus, god. That alternate ending was SHITE!

I read it, dude i think that was a dark tragic end

Flash is a serious asshole

i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/832/dafuq-did-i-just-read-meme.jpg That alternative ending.... I have no fucking clue what I just read. To the Alt-end author: I think you need to drop the crack rock addiction. That alternative ending was atrocious.

....Alright I know where is my drugs now...Please do A REAL ending...A good one..Atleast..

Comment posted by Night Music deleted Dec 11th, 2014

I prefer the alternate ending its happier

I'm just gonna take both endings in tandem and say he got together with Luna, shit happened, shit hit the fan, the fan exploded, magic was involved, there was a funeral, and Anon lived...

Shit guys, I just added a new chapter about 5 minutes ago and it's already back on the featured list. lol

5385143 How did you get here? GET OUT!

So you're not gonna post the rest of the story on here. Ok I will unfave this then.

5385363 I have had this chapter in the works do I decided to just post as is.

Holy shit. Just read the ending, and that shit is fucking brutal. Oh my god it's so awesome I love it

Edit: Read the happy ending, and I have to admit, I like that better. Fucking Nightmare Moon. Anon is alive and well, and Flash is dead. Best ending ever!!

that was nice. its wasnt the BEST ending but it was good. better than alot of endings iv come across.

While i enjoyed the story up to the point where they got to the fighting arena.
I felt like the story collapsed after that with the luna romance.
the ending.. didn't feel right as well, even creepy, but at least it didn't tangent.

The additional ending felt even worse, while i was glad flash finally got punished. the entire thing with nightmare was just bleh. the characterization just got stupid near the end when 1 character all of a sudden act way out of character and flash start gloating about murder but all the other ponies either don't notice or care.

I know that you said this extra ending was written by someone else but gah. that was bad.

Through your story it felt like anon had a romance interest in twilight, and her possible having a slight romance interest in him but was pushed back since she got together with flash.

In that aspect at the end of the extra chapter. you state luna is pregnant, however you state earlier that luna and celestia are infertile. you give no explanation as to how she suddenly became fertile.

and as for the part with anon keeping to what flash asked at the end. it would make sense for anon and luna to move into twilight's castle instead of the everfree (where he already lost a leg), if he is going to take care of twilight and star. it is going to be very difficult to do from that old castle.

i could go on but, i just don't want to rant.

the story was good till the end, but then collapsed and somewhat felt like you got bored and decided to end the story, or possibly lost inspiration? either way, it wasn't to bad. it wont be a favorite for me but it was a good read.

all in all, read and enjoy the story and the author's ending.. and think up your own mental extra ending because the extra ending feels like someone decided to villanize someone without reason, and take out their desire to brutally murder flash sentry.

i will put this story in my following list just in case you decided to actually write your own extended/alternate ending to this. I know a few authors have finished a story and said it was done only to extend or add onto it afterward.

It felt rushed in places here and there and the characterization of someponies specialy luna was a bit off for me (the way anon and luna flirted made me cringe a little... it was cute but it was cringe worthy). But for all its worth it was still a good read. 6/10

5417315 a fair and balanced review that helped me have the closure i needed after reading the story. Thanks for easing my feels

Interdasting
Perhaps not the direction I would have taken it, but im still glad i read it.

5502389 well then i am probably stupid i guess, that only means i have more stupid reasons to be happy:pinkiehappy:

Fantastic. Simply fantastic.

"If you'd like to see the ending of the story you've been reading then just follow these links to this other site that you've never heard of".

Heh. Yeah. Not happening. Rare that I actually thumb a story down -- rarer yet that I do so to reverse a thumb up -- but this one deserves it just for that.

5549927 Well alright, no need to get snippy.

Are you kidding me? Lazy jackass.

5550006 Just put the damn chapter up here lazy-ass.

5718745 Well I went ahead and read it from there, least I can understand why at least a little. Still think your being pretty damn lazy though.

ah! the feels!

6419124
Oh my god, I can't believe I wrote that! Holy hells, what dickspace was I typing from?

Author, I vaguely remember this story and while I'm sure I had something to say, the way I said it was completely out of line. I apologize - though it's a little late for that. Here's hoping I make less of an ass out of myself and all.

Why won't this leave my lists? I have nothing following it but it won't go away!

I read the full story and the alt ending and i gotta say that was probably the saddest endings to a story i've ever read. Also i dont give a fuck that i had to click extra links. The story its self outweighs that con.

5718552 well arn't you entitled.

Is it bad that I just now realized I've read this before? This fic seems strangely better than before...

7454754 I think quite a few other crackfics have used the idea as part of the main character HiE freaking out about becoming a gonad-less alien equine.

I don't know which was more sad, normal or alt ending.

8130645 well yes that is a nice thought and somehow a bit different since I image it being a mirror clone with someone else in it., but not exactly Cheese X Pinkie.

Talk about an AiE

That epilogue, was he in a coma? Or was she trying to resurrect him?

keep Anon fed with magic.

Both endings, I had mixed feelings.

That alt end… dafuq?

I don't do pony f***ing.

Okay to garbage in one chapter lmao.

Thank you for posting the links to the endings. Obviously, as stated, they would benefit from editing, but that said, I think they were both powerful in their own right. I would rather have some ending, than the common drop off, so thanks for sharing this with us. :heart:

Second happier ending was definitely a pleasure for me to read, but both endings were great.

Comment posted by sicklyhare deleted Sep 8th, 2021

Talk about a waste of time reading this story. It was enjoyable until the pastebin links. The first one is broken, so you can't even read the rest of the story and because of this, the alternate ending makes zero sense. This went from a potential favorite to a thumb down real quick. Unfortunate.

10966257
i'll share it cause there's probably not gonna be an update to the links, this is where i found the continuation (around line 700 ish is where the story left off at here)

https://poneb.in/8BB4kmgm

10969739
Thank you very nuch for the link. It'll be nice to at least get to read the rest of the story.

Login or register to comment