• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 6,258 Views, 190 Comments

Leave of absence - Stormhoof



After a long arguement with twilight sparkle Spike decides to leave ponyville to get time to himself

  • ...
12
 190
 6,258

More than a disagreement

"What do you mean slacking?!" Spike yelled at Twilight sparkle.

"Now Spike there is no reason to yell, All I'm saying is you could afford to do more work around here." Said Twilight in a calm tone.

"I put books back on the shelves,dust them, clean up every one of your messes, organize your study material, do half of your shopping and you dare say I am SLACKING!" He continued to yell, his face bright red.

"Spike, stop yelling. I am not calling you lazy, I am just saying that lately my workload has increased and you need to learn to keep up better" She said, head turned up and eyes closed.

Spike began pacing angrily,a small flame would erupt from his nostrils every other breath. He barely had time for himself, all his time was spent keeping up with her, and when he was done he would often help Rarity over at the boutique. Every night for the past few months he would go to sleep two hours later and wake up two hours earlier then normal. Glaring back over at her he began to speak.

"If I am such a bad assistant why don't you get a new one? If I am so lazy why haven't you gotten another?!"

"Spike, I am NOT calling you lazy. We both have our part to do, I have my studies, while you clean, organize and send my letters to the princess. It should not be too much to ask that you".

"So thats all I'm good for, huh? Cleaning and sending letters? I cannot BELIEVE this! Did you forget everything I have done? I help you and all our friends and what do I get? Nothing!"He raised his voice more, and more...

"Spike, you need to keep your voice down, the girls will be here in about five minutes, go clean the bedroom if you would, we're having a slumber party and it must—" Again cutting off, he was now two inches from her face.

"And you STILL wont listen! Spike do this, Spike do that, Spike send this letter, Spike take a letter, Spike why is this book out of place. I am SICK of it, Twilight, you can clean it all yourself, and good luck getting a new assistant, you obviously don't need me," he yelled, his eyes burning with hate as he walked past her, grabbing a small pack and quickly filling it with his stuff.

"What do you think you are doing, Spike? Stop this nonsense and go clean up," she said, doing her best to keep her cool with the stubborn dragon. Turning, she realized he was already at the door when they both heard the knock.

Knock Knock

"We're here!" Came the voices of Pinkie pie, Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, And Fluttershy.

***

Spike opened the door and walked past Twilight's friends, all of their eyes on him.

"Bye everypony," he said, not looking at a one of them. Not even Rarity.

They all looked confused as the dragon walked away.

Twilight then said "Don't worry girls, he is just being melodramatic, he will be back before the nights out." she said, putting on a cheerful tone.

"Dear are you sure? he seemed awfully angry" Came Raritys voice, deeply concerned.

Twilight began again "It was just a small disagreement I assure you" looking over her friends she could already see he was out of sight. quickly letting them in she closed the door.

And so the night began, a few hours had past and each of them had stolen a glance at the door wondering if the small purple dragon would return. It was time fore truth or dare, and Rarity was the one to start it off.

"Twilight, truth or dare darling?" She said looking to the studious unicorn.

Thinking hard she spoke up "I choose truth" She said,looking back.

Smiling rarity began to speak "What exactly was that argument between you and spikey wikey about?"

"I um...." Twilight started, all eyes on her, how could she tell them? she had no choice "Well I simply asked that he work a bit harder, My workload has increased and he hadn't been keeping up too well...and he got into how I am always bossing him around, I did try to reason with him, He is just stubborn..hehe..." She laughed nervously at the end, rarity,applejack, and rainbow dash were all frowning, pinkiepie and fluttershy seemed to be at a loss of words.

Rarity was the first to speak up "Well of course you..apologized to him right?" her voice slightly hopeful.

"Well...No, I was in the right and he was the one who was yelling MY ear off...not like he gave me a chance either." Twilight said, and the response did not seem to please rarity...

"Well darling you simply must! What if our dear spikey wikey doesn't return? he could get himself hurt or worse!" She said, obviously worried.

"Now now rarity... he is going to come back, he just needs time to cool off that's all." Said twilight in a somewhat reassuring voice.

"And if he DOESN'T come back? dear keep in mind that he manages to assist everypony here, if he doesn't come back I can't think of anypony as reliable as him to help us." She said again, sounding a little angry adding "And besides...His birthday IS in a few months,Pinkie pie and I have been planning something special." She crossed her legs, tapping a hoof on the floor.

"Rarity, if he is not back by morning I will send him a letter apologizing...I promise. now lets continue ok?" she said, her statement was met with an approving nod from each of her friends.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike walked a small dirt path, he was already on the outskirts of Ponyville, mumbling angrily to himself. He wasn't going terribly fast, but it was a little faster then a brisk walk, he soon approached the Everfree forest. They would never look there, and after the great dragon migration he is quite sure he could handle it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author note:wanted to do this for awhile, thought I would try it. feedback is appreciated. I will take this chapter by chapter, some will be done as "Journal entries"Others as regular chapters. I know it is off to a rough start, but it will get better I promise.


Good news, with the help of Twillale, My this chapter is halfway through editing...:)Iam shorton time however so will finish the additions and such tomorrow.