• Published 22nd Apr 2012
  • 6,259 Views, 190 Comments

Leave of absence - Stormhoof



After a long arguement with twilight sparkle Spike decides to leave ponyville to get time to himself

  • ...
12
 190
 6,259

A Simple Annoyance

Rarity walked through town, having just shipped out one of her latest projects she found some extra time on her hooves. In the back of her mind the unicorn wished that Spike could be there, the dragon was always so eager to help her with her shopping, but she sighed, perhaps a few extra trips wouldn't be too bad. That day she had decided to wear her Fire ruby, something that had drawn the eyes of many stallions throughout the marketplace. Though she appreciated it to a degree, she found the new found forwardness of some stallions, rather irritating.

Stopping by Sugarcube Corner to get herself something to eat, she yet again turned heads, and why wouldn't she? why, The fire ruby was simply gorgeous. Perhaps she would find herself less annoyed if the ruby was the gem that grasped their attention, rather than the diamonds on her flanks. Trotting up to the counter she ordered herself a slice of raspberry angels-food cake, and not a moment later she heard from a nearby table,

"Yeah I got something I can feed ya, you little angel"

Ignoring it she simply sat several tables away, eating quietly. It was not the rudest comment she had heard all day, but still, If Spike were here he wouldn't have let that happen, he would have stood up for me She thought to herself. Finishing her food quickly she left, as she had much to buy and little time to do it in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the day dragged on Rarity had become increasingly tense. A whistle and a wink every now and then was fine, flattering even, but most of the day had been smug comments. As she made her way home she hummed to herself, the day was done, she could have herself a glass of wine with rose salad, and then she could...


*SMACK*

Her flank stung, turning to her right she saw a grinning pegasus, one of his wings outstretched, as if brandishing an invisible trophy. Rarity was at a loss of words, she quickly made her way home, wanting to get away from the one who slapped her flank.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon getting home she sniffled as she closed the door, trying to push it to the back of her mind. She prepared her dinner, and drank three times the amount of wine she originally planned. Stumbling up her stairs her sniffling continued, by the time she had reached the top her tears ran free down her face. She laid in bed, constantly reliving the day in her head.

Spike would have had a fit had he seen that

He wouldn't have stood for the smug comments either...

He...He knew how to treat a lady.

He wouldn't let such a thing happen...

He would have stood up for me...

Oh Spike I miss you so much...

Her thoughts kept her awake through most of the night, she dared not remove her necklace, it was the only comfort she could find at the moment. Crying quietly she finally found herself tired.

Her tears continued another half hour before subsiding, allowing her to drift off to sleep, thinking of her favorite helper, and perhaps the most chivalrous one in Ponyville.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Authors note: Just a small little chapter, more to come but though I owed it to my readers to give them something extra before the big ones come.