• Published 21st Jul 2014
  • 3,391 Views, 72 Comments

There Are Many Stars, but Only One Sun - Hipster Pony Raven Horn



Twilight proposes to Celestia, but the princess has plans to distract her fomer student by appealing to her sense of science

  • ...
15
 72
 3,391

Words left unsaid, are essentially yes (Edited)

"Princess Celestia?" The sound of a young filly’s voice caused Celestia to look up from her book. Her faithful student, Twilight Sparkle, had set down her own book to gaze hopefully at the princess.

"Yes, Twilight? Is there something I can help you with?" Celestia smiled warmly. She always saw her students as the children she could never have herself. Twilight was especially precious to her. That drive for knowledge the filly had reminded her of the sister she had so long ago, with her own strive for knowledge. Perhaps one day she could grow up to be something special. Perhaps Twilight could even follow in her babysitter’s footsteps and become a princess.

"Princess Celestia, will you marry me?" Twilight took a few steps forward, staring Celestia in her eyes. Celestia blinked twice as she looked into her reflection within Twilight’s eyes. A warm smile crossed her face, causing Twilight’s eyes to open even wider.

"Twilight, don’t you think that you’re a little young to have decided to spend the rest of your life with somepony?" Celestia used her large wingspan to scoot her student closer to her, looking down on the filly with the kind of tenderness that only mothers showed. "Marriage is a big commitment, one that many ponies take years to deliberate over. And even then many of them aren’t entirely ready for it."

"So it’s like a test?" Twilight said, her eyes going wide again and the faintest traces of a grin starting to appear.

"Not quite," Celestia chuckled, nuzzling Twilight affectionately. "I’ll make a deal with you. If you wait a few years, give yourself some time to grow up first, meet many other ponies, then you can come back and talk to me about this." Twilight’s ears drooped slightly. Celestia gave her student an affectionate nuzzle. "Though, I suppose I could marry you. Just give it some time before making your decision OK?"

Twilight’s ears perked up. She squeezed her mentor tightly before bouncing around the room in glee. The princess smiled as the filly bounced before her. It would really be a special day. After all, most ponies wouldn’t get to have a princess preside over them and officially marry them to the pony of their dreams.


Celestia smiled as she let herself into her private study. It had been extremely hectic with those vines that Discord had conveniently forgotten to explain sprouting up in Ponyville. But Twilight rose to the occasion, saving not only the summer sun celebration, but also the two stellar princesses. Celestia had worried that the unexpected extra pressure would have caused her protege to crack from the strain. Twilight had really exceeded expectations making Celestia extremely proud of her protege.

Celestia yawned, stretching as she curled up onto a pillow. The tea she had requested earlier lay beside the pillow, the aroma lifting pleasantly wafting in her direction. Celestia poured herself a cup, filtering it through her magic so that it’d be just the right temperature. The princess smiled, enjoying the feeling of tea slide down her throat. Her body shuddered slightly in pleasure as her muscles started to relax. This was just what she needed. A few knocks came at the door, prompting the princess to respond, "Enter."

The door creaked and Twilight spoke as she entered. "Sorry for disturbing you, pri- I mean Celestia." The new alicorn slipped in as she rambled on. "I know today was really eventful, and I’m sorry for almost calling you princess again; I know you said I don’t have to do that anymore, and I feel I should get used to it anyway, and I’m sorry for disturbing you again it’s just that I wanted to talk to you and—" Twilight’s ramble was halted as Celestia held one of her wings up. Twilight silently tittered for a moment as the door behind her bounced half-way closed.

"It’s fine, Twilight." Celestia said, a small laugh in her voice. Her student’s nervousness was a feature that she had been familiar with for as long as she knew the mare. "It’s always a pleasure to be with you. Just take a moment and breathe a bit before you speak. Compose yourself. There’s no real need to be nervous around me." Celestia smiled as she watched Twilight stammer a bit. She took the time to take another sip from her teacup.

As Twilight finally started to calm down, her whole manner started to straighten up as well. "Celestia, a long time ago we talked about love." Twilight asked, looking near unblinkingly at her former mentor. Celestia nodded, remembering the conversation well. Twilight had asked the alicorn to marry her. Celestia had baited off the young unicorn by telling her to wait a while before deciding on somepony. When confronted with a disappointed student, Celestia remember letting the foal know that she would precede over the ceremony. In other words "marrying" her.

"And you told me on that day that I needed to grow up, meet other ponies, and then we could talk about it again." Celestia nodded, the smile on her face growing slightly wider. Her little Twilight was growing up. She was anxious to hear who Twilight had met, and to meet them herself. "And I feel that I’ve gone through enough to have made that decision now. Wouldn’t you agree Pri- I mean Celestia?"

"I would say you’ve travelled and gone through quite a bit Twilight." Celestia said, her cup clinking slightly as she placed it back on the saucer. She poured herself some more tea continuing, "You have lived in Ponyville for the past year, and have met many extraordinary ponies. I think you might be ready if you feel you have found the right pony." Celestia took another sip from her teacup, the smile on her face wider than the everfree chasm. "Do you feel you’ve met your very special somepony?"

"Yes." Twilight said without hesitation.

"Well, I’m very happy for you, Twilight." Celestia said. She stretched her wings as she rose. "Meeting your very special somepony is an exciting event. Marrying them is a once in a lifetime event, and I’m so excited for you."

"Oh Thank you, Celestia, I knew if I waited you’d keep your promise." Twilight rushed forward and hugged Celestia as she turned to face the young princess.

"You’re quite welcome, Twilight." Celestia replied, returning the hug with one of her own hooves. When the embrace broke, Twilight immediately bounded towards the door. "Before you go Twilight, who is the special pony?"

"Why, you of course!" Twilight said as she reached the door. "You agreed to marry me when I was younger, saying that all I had to do was grow up first remember?"

Celestia chuckled at the enthusiasm of Twilight as she darted out of the door. She took a sip from her teacup still smiling, before pausing a fraction of a second as what Twilight said processed. Celestia choked, the teacup shattering on the ground as the princess rushed wildly for the door.

Author's Note:

HUZZAH A NEW FIC! FINALLY! Though I couldn't get an editor for this I really wanted to start posting things again. So here we go! Enjoy my silly concept of a fic!

Chapter Editors: XiF