• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 1,296 Views, 12 Comments

AppleJack's Love - Sdlghskjvnkj



Applejack is set up on a blind date with somepony she knows. They fall in love but tragedy strikes.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,296

Epilogue

It had been two years since Gray had passed on. Life had returned to normal for the ponies. Applebloom had finally gotten her cutie mark, as did Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Twilight was still the Librarian, Pinkie was still the same party animal, Fluttershy was still shy, Rainbow Dash had become a member of the Wonderbolts, Rarity had moved up to Canterlot, but always wrote and visited a lot. Everything was the same.

Applejack was not resentful. She didn't hate the world for going on. She was still a great apple bucker. Ever now and then when she would think about Gray, she would go and buck apples all day long. She didn't cry any more, and she didn't sulk. The others actually thought this was disturbing.

"You don't think you need some more time, do you?" asked Twilight one day, when they were out shopping.

"Nah, I'm fine sugarcube." she said kindly to her friend.

Once with Pinkie.

"You don't mind that I have the party tomorrow, do you?" she asked.

"Nope. Why would I?" asked Applejack.

"Well, its, you know. The anniversary." Pinkie finished quietly.

"Its okay. Have the party tomorrow. I'll be there." Applejack reassured her.

Rainbow Dash even brought it up with Rarity once.

"How can a pony be so strong?" wondered Rainbow Dash aloud.

"I don't know. I would have fallen into deep depression." said Rarity.

Applejack knew that most ponies watched her, with pity in their eyes. She knew the pity was there but she didn't want it. Why pity her? She had been the happiest pony in all of Equestria for a long time. In truth, Applejack actually pitied them. They had never known love like she had. She had no reason to mourn. She did miss him, but she knew he was in a better place.

"Hey! Applejack!"

Applejack turned to see Twilight walking towards her.

"Hey there sugarcube. How you doin' today?" she asked pleasantly.

"Are you going to be at Sugarcube Corner tonight? We're all having a party and we wanted you to come."

"Sure thing. I just gotta make sure I have everything put away where is belongs at home." she said smiling at Twilight.

"Alright, see ya then." said Twilight as Applejack walked away. Twilight watched her and thought to herself, "I wish I could help her."


That night, they partied. They danced, they ate, they played games and laughed. It was all very enjoy able.

Finally Applejack yawned and said, "This has really been fun girls. Maybe we should do it again some time soon. I gotta go home though. I'll see y'all later."

They all watched her go, and the moment she left, their faces drooped. They all thought of that night, two years ago. The heart wrenching screams Applejack had made. Fluttershy couldn't bare the memory. She began to cry, and in turn, all the others did too.

Applejack walked all the way home, but did not go to bed.

She grabbed a ladder and got up on top of the roof and looked up into the sky.

There it was. The Pegasus of Wonder. Applejack smiled at the constellation. She combed it with her eyes and finally made it to the head. She smiled. Two years ago, the constellation changed. Two years ago the constellation received a new star. Two years ago, the constellation got an eye.

"That's also part of the legend. If a pony of purest heart passes in the action of doing something for another, not for glory or fame, but just to aid another, they will become the eye of the pegasus."

His voice echoed in her heart and mind. She raised her head up and shut her eyes. He had gotten his wish. He had become part of the constellation. He had passed on in the service of another.

Applejack closed her eyes.

"I love you." she whispered, as she smiled and a single tear rolled down her cheek.



The End

Comments ( 4 )

Not too bad, heartwarming.

I enjoyed this a lot. It needs improvement in some parts, but your writing is coming along nicely. Looking forwards to more stories from you. :twilightsmile:

450323 Thank you. Revision Ideas are always welcome (hint hint) and I do admit some parts of it were rushed. Sadly, not all of my writing it happy stuff. Dream World is a very dark piece I'm working on at the moment. You can check it out but there's only one chapter at the moment. Thanks again for your feed back. :moustache:

Login or register to comment