• Published 9th Apr 2012
  • 1,298 Views, 12 Comments

AppleJack's Love - Sdlghskjvnkj



Applejack is set up on a blind date with somepony she knows. They fall in love but tragedy strikes.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,298

Chapter Four

It had been about four months since Applejack's and Gray's first kiss and Pinkie Pie had said they were "Officially" dating. The classification didn't bother Applejack. In fact she liked it. She liked being able to say she was 'dating' someone. Gray had taken her on several more dates since the dance. He also made sure that they always did something Applejack and him could do together and enjoy. They had gone fishing, hiking, had had a few more mud fights, and even tried baking one evening. The resulting "cake" didn't taste bad, it just wasn't all that great. The second time they tried, they got Grannysmith's help. They tried to make a cake, but Grannysmith didn't seem to understand the concept and it came out as a pie. It was wonderful, even if it was supposed to be a cake. Grannysmith chuckled and left without being noticed when Gray and Applejack started to feed the pie to each other. Who says elders don't have tact? Some of the other dates consisted of just simple things like apple bucking together or walking and talking.

It had been about a week since their last date and Gray had asked Applejack to come on another one that evening. He said he wanted to go hiking and have a picnic up on the side of the nearby mountains. Applejack was in town, looking for some of the things they would need for the evening. Gray had to help Big Macintosh fix a wagon that morning so Applejack said she would get the stuff. She had been joined by Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie as she was walking into town. Rainbow Dash had invited her out to the horseshoe throwing contest her and Pinkie were going to hold that evening.

"Sorry sugarcubes," said Applejack, smiling at them, "I got another date with Gray tonight."

"Ooh! What are you guys gonna do? Is it gonna be exciting? Will you guys be doing another mud fight?" asked Pinkie Pie, ecstatic as usual.

"We're just going for a hike and then we're gonna have a picnic. Calm down sugarcube." said Applejack chuckling slightly.

"Aw!" protested Pinkie Pie.

"What do you guys get out of hiking?" asked Rainbow Dash, who was floating above them, apparently relaxing on her back as her wings kept her suspended in the air.

"Well, what do you get out of flyin'?" asked Applejack, who was now going through some produce at a stand.

Rainbow Dash actually thought about it for a minute and then said "I see your point." as Applejack handed the pony at the stand a few bits after having picked out several apples and a few carrots. Pinkie Pie saw Twilight and dashed off to say 'hi' as Applejack and Rainbow Dash carried on together. Applejack and Rainbow Dash visited several different stands, trading news and just silly banter until the clock tower chimed out twelve o'clock.

"Welp. Ah better get back. He'll be ready to go and ah don't wanna keep him waiting." said Applejack with a contented sigh.

"Hey, I'll see ya later, Okay Applejack?" called Rainbow Dash to her back.

"Yeah, definitely." said Applejack, waving over her shoulder.

She made her way back to the orchard with her basket bouncing slightly at her side. She saw Gray and Big Macintosh hoof bump as she approached. The wagon looked almost brand new now.

"Y'all really did a number on that there wagon." said Applejack smiling at them both before turning her full attention to Gray. " I got several different things for the picnic. Oranges, apples, some lettuce, carrots, and the like."

"Sounds good to me. When will ya be ready?" he asked

"I'm ready to go when ever." Applejack smiled.

"Now hold on a second." came Grannysmith's voice from inside the house. She slowly came out with a jar of zap apple juice. "Don't forget something to drink ma little ones."

Gray smiled and took the jar, then set it in the basket before taking it from Applejack and setting it on his own back. They said bye to Grannysmith, Big Macintosh, and Applebloom before they headed out.
They chatted back and forth as they walked. They talked less as they began to climb the mountain. It was hard work but a lot of fun to hike up to the semi summit. They didn't want to sit in the snow so they didn't go any higher. Gray moved any rocks or twigs in the way before Applejack set the blanket down.

They ate and joked, even playing with some of the food. After a lot of laughing and rough housing they sat close together and watched the sun begin to sink lower in the sky.

After several minutes, Gray cleared his throat and said "You know, we've known each other for along time."

"Mm hm." said Applejack. She was only listening partially.

"And we've been dating for a pretty good amount of time."

"Uh huh." said Applejack. She was still only half paying attention until Gray moved to the side and looked at her. She sat up straight and looked him in the eyes.

"Applejack. I wanna ask you a question."

"Sure Gray. Whats on your mind?" she asked.

Gray knelt down and looked Applejack right in the eyes. She stared back intently. Her breath was coming in quiet but rapid bursts. Was this really happening? To her? Now?

"Applejack... Will you marry me?" asked Gray.

What seemed like an eternity passed in silence. Applejack's eyes filled with tears as she put her hooves to her mouth. Gray smiled at her, his eyes getting moist now too.

She launched herself onto him and shouted "YES!"

They laughed and shed tears of joy as they rolled around, hugging each other.

Grannysmith was sitting in her rocking chair, Big Macintosh was reading a book, and Applebloom was drawing a picture at the table. Big Macintosh was the first to hear them.

"Ah think their home." he said putting his book mark in place and closing it.

Gray and Applejack stepped inside, both smiling.

Applebloom looked from one to the other. "Well? What are y'all so happy about?"

"Grannysmith, Big Macintosh, Applebloom..... We're getting married!" shouted Applejack, as she threw her arms around Gray.

The three Apple family members shouted with joy and congratulations. Much hugging and happy chatter carried on several hours into the night.

The next morning they told the others. Twilight and Rarity stood with their mouths agape, Fluttershy gave her quiet cheer of "yay!", and Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie hoof bumped.

"I can hardly believe it." said Rarity, finally finding her voice.

"Just to think," added Twilight, "We all helped this happen."

"And we thank ye kindly" said Gray, smiling at them.

They all talked for a long time, and started to make the wedding plans. As Applejack had imagined, Pinkie Pie wanted to take care of food and decorations. Rarity told Pinkie Pie that she could the food but she herself was going to take care of decorations. "I'd of course I'll be making the dress." she added. Twilight said she would get everything and every pony organized and would tell the mayor to spread the good news. Fluttershy said she would get the birds to sing for the ceremony and Rainbow Dash said she would take care of weather for that day.

After much more chatter they agreed on a date and scattered. Applejack and Gray went to tell Grannysmith the plans, and the others went about getting things ready and planned out. The wedding was scheduled for the next week and every pony had their hands full. Applejack and Gray were constantly being measured and remeasured by Rarity. Pinkie Pie was putting together the entire ensemble of dinner and the cake. Fluttershy had her hands full with teaching the birds the proper songs. Twilight was helping the mayor organize the seating and the placement of the wedding ceremony, and Rainbow Dash got the weather ponies to put that day as a sunshine day.

Each pony, Rarity, Twilight, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie were all determined to make this the Best Wedding Ever!