• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,098 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,098

Chap 13

Rainbow had no idea where she was going. She just took off and let her wings take her where ever they wanted her to go. All the while her dream repeating in her head.

Suddenly there was movement below her.

Rainbow stopped for a while before landing and hiding in a tree's branches. Once she was in there, she slowly made her way to the end, her ears twitching.

"So... 'Fire?" a voice asked "How exactly are we going to get back home and explain my wings to Mum and Dad?"

"Well because of that note they already know about your wings, but don't know how it happened..." a mare answered "So if they ask it's your problem. As for getting back up there... That's a good question."

Rainbow Dash had her eyes peering out of the leaves and saw Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, a orange Pegasus and 'Soarin!' she thought feeling a smile come across her face.

"You can use my Hot-Air-Balloon," Pinkie said bouncy as usual.

"Um... I don't think we should be talking so loud," Fluttershy said quietly "Spectrum Dash has Shadow's looking all over the place for Rainbow and Scoots and they might hear us..."

"We're not talking that loudly..." the other Pegasus said.

"You were loud enough to put me off my flying..." Rainbow called revealing herself to the four on the ground smiling at their reactions (a mix between relief she was alright, and shock that she was there).

After flying down to the ground Rainbow Dash was nearly knocked over by Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie coming in to hug their friend.

"Oh Rainbow," Fluttershy said hugging her best friend. "You're alright. Where did you go? Where's Scoots?"

"One at a time Shy..." Rainbow said getting up and getting out of Pinkies surprisingly long arms. "Yes I'm alright, and so is Scootaloo, We found an apple farm and are spending the night there, and that's where Scoots is at the moment." Rainbow finished before turning to the two Wonderbolts, slight tears in her eyes.

"You're alright..." she said running up to Soarin tears falling down her face.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Soarin asked shyly patting her on the head.

Not knowing what to say Rainbow went with a question.

"Do you know how Whitetail Wood got it's name?"

This stumped everypony so she tried another.

"When were you last there..."

"Just now," Soarin answered only speaking to Rainbow Dash "We went there after Spitfire, Pinkie and Fluttershy busted me out of that dungeon I was in. Why?"

"Well... Wait... What?" Rainbow asked "What dungeon?"

"Um... After you left your father came back and ordered a hoof-full of Shadowbolts to go with him to Whitetail Wood and later they came back with Soarin, with his wings broken." Fluttershy said pointing out Soarin's wings to her friend. "And ordered that he'd be placed into the castle's dungeon till you and Scootaloo came home..."

Speechless, Rainbow backed away a bit shaking her head, thinking this was wrong. But after closing her eyes and thinking it over, she realized it would be just like her father to do something like this.

"You guys go down that road," Rainbow said pointing down where she just came from. "The apple farm's down there. Keep a watch on Scootaloo." And with out another word, Rainbow took off and zoomed to the Everfree Forest.

Not sure what just got into Rainbow Dash, the others just followed her instructions and headed down the road.



Soarin, Spitfire, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were all in the Apple's living room explaining why they were there.

"So Rainbow Dash told you to come here then son?" Granny Smith asked passing out apple cider to everyone except Scootaloo, and Apple Bloom.

"Yes," Soarin said placing down his mug. "And then she took off but we don't know why."

"She was acting strange too," Spitfire said after taking a sip from her mug. "She was crying when she saw we, well more Soarin, was alright. And started asking junk about Whitetail Wood."

"My sister does not cry!" Scootaloo said jumping up and buzzing her wings.

"What was she asking?" Applejack asked.

"Like... Did we know how it got it's name, and when was the last time we were in there." Fluttershy said holding her mug but not having any of the cider.

Applejack was about to ask another question, when Pinkie suddenly started to bounce off of the living room walls. She was going so fast that even with eight pairs of eyes no one could see her.

After a while, Pinkie landed back where she started not minding all the stares. After downing her mug of cider that surprisingly stayed up, Pinkie said "We have to go. Please keep looking after Scoots." then she grabbed Fluttershy and rushed out the door and started running back to the Everfree.


"What in Celestia was that all about?" Spitfire asked after she dried herself off as Soarin and the others were cleaning up.

"Pinkie has a kind of sixth sense," Scootaloo said moving a rag up and down the table. "And that one was saying something big and bad is going to happen."

And no one liked the sound of that.