• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,098 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,098

Chap 1

A long time ago, in the land of Equestria the two princesses, Celestia Sun and Luna Moon, had a falling out. No-pony knew or knows how it started, but the sisters hated each other ever since.

Years have past since then, and each sister had developed her own expert fliers, the Shadowbolts and the Wonderbolts.

These two teams of Pegasi would always try and show off who was the better at flying, and, like their princesses, hated each other.

Both the teams have obvious best flyers of their groups. Rainbow Dash, a cyan blue mare with a rainbow colored mane and tail, and extreme fighting skills was Spectrum Dash and Firefly's the Shadowbolts co-captain's eldest daughter, and Soarin Skies, a stallion with a light blue coat and wind swept dark blue mane and tail and always one for adventure and dares, was Lightning Strike and Fire Blitz's the Wonderbolts co-captain's son.

Neither heir had ever met or heard of the others name before, but had a pretty good idea what they would expect to find when they did thanks to their parent's stories about the other team.

***

We start the our story on the eve of Rainbow Dash's 20th birthday and one of her best friends Pinkie Pie was asked to throw a masquerade party for her.

"This is going to be the best birthday ever!" Pinkie said zooming around the old castle's great hall pinning up banners and hanging streamers from the rafters.

"I suppose," Rainbow Dash said a hint of sadness in her voice as she took off her yellow-leased goggles and pulled down her hood.

"Is there something wrong Rainbow?" Fluttershy, her oldest friend and the one who would keep her company when her parents were training the new Shadow's, asked.

"It's just I think I'm getting a little old for these party's...." she said suddenly getting pinned to the floor by Pinkie.

"Don't you ever say that Dashie!" she said shock all over her face. "No one is ever too old for a party."

Not knowing what to say Rainbow just pushed Pinkie off and went up to her room wondering what tomorrow would bring.


Up in the sky in Cloudsdale, Soarin and his cousin Spitfire had just came in from their training and were thinking about this party they heard of that would be happening the next night.

"So up for a dare then Soarin ?" Spitfire asked as she jumped onto Soarin's bed wings spread holding a bottle of water.

"Depends what it is Spitfire?" Soarin said taking his uniform off before he went to enjoy his pie he 'rescued' from the kitchen.

"I dare you, to go to the Shadowbolts masquerade party tomorrow night and stay there the whole night, and bring back a souvenir of some kind to prove that you did it."

After thinking for a while Soarin looked up and nodded.

"I accept your dare Spitfire."


The next night, Soarin slipped out of Cloudsdale and headed to the Shadowbolts castle. All over the place there were pony's in fancy outfis, masks and in the Shadowbolts uniforms.

Hoping no one would recognize him, Soarin decided to try the back door, seeing how many guards were at the front.

*

Up in her room, Rainbow Dash was with Fluttershy getting ready for the party.

"Um, Rainbow," Fluttershy said brushing her mane, with the help from her animals, "You're not just upset about the party are you?" she asked.

"No..." Rainbow said walking out on to the balcony, looking out into the sky.

"Do... Do you want to talk about it?" she tried.

"It's just I want to find a special-somepony." she said "I'm the best flyer of the Shadowbolts, I'm the captains daughter, I'm the most awesome girl around. But I don't have anypony." she said looking up to the moon and the stars.

"Well there's a lot of nice boys here for you to find one dear," Firefly said coming into her daughter's room to see what was keeping her.

"But how will I know he's the right one mum?" she asked getting into her outfit, (Her dress from the gala in 'The Best Night Ever') finishing with a black and purple mask.

"Well I knew your father was my special-somepony when I looked into his eyes for the first time," Firefly said helping Rainbow with her hair. "It was just a feeling and we knew we would always be together."

"But what if I don't get that feeling with anypony here tonight?" Rainbow asked looking herself over in the mirror. "What if I never do?"

"You will," Firefly said "It might not be tonight, or tommorow, but you will find your special-somepony eventually. Now come on, it's your birthday after all." she said walking out followed by Fluttershy and Rainbow, feeling a little better.


Soarin was looking around the great hall, thinking of the best thing to bring back as a souvenir when his mind lost it's train of thought. He was looking at the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

Her rainbow hair, her dress looking like it was rimmed with clouds, her golden ribboned shoes going up her fore legs, the waxed grapes around her neck and the crown of golden feathers on her head.

He hadn't known he was staring until she turned her masked face onto him. Gulping a bit making sure he looked presentable, he slowly walked up to her.


Rainbow was saying thank you to some of the Shadowbolts for saying happy birthday, when she felt like she was being watched. She turned and saw a rather handsome stallion by the wall looking at her.

His dark blue windswept hair, his emerald green eyes, his sky blue fur and his goofy smile. All the sudden he started coming over to her.

"Er..." he said trying to calm himself "Hi my names Soarin," He said bowing slightly. Even though he was an adventurer and spent most of his time flying he did know how to behave at things like this and how to treat a mare.

Rainbow was looking into his eyes behind the yellow and blue mask he was waring and something felt like this was the one.

Waiting for an answer she said bowing to him "My names Rainbow Dash." glad that her mask was covering her face as she felt a blush coming on.

Music started up and ponies were pairing up and moving onto the dance floor.

"May I ask you for a dance Rainbow Dash?" Soarin asked holding out his hoof, smiling as she took it and he led her to the dance floor.

Author's Note:

Hope you like it

MY 10th STORY! :pinkiehappy: