• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,098 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,098

Chap 15

Up in Cloudsdale Fleet Foot was a nervous wreck.

A few hours ago Spitfire said she was going to go rescue Soarin and come straight back.

But as the hours dragged on she was getting more and more worried that something was wrong or she would be...

"Fleet Foot!" someone cried making her jump.

Turning around Fleet Foot saw it was Lightning Strike.

"Er... Yes Captain?" she said shifting her eyes trying to find something else to focus on.

"Have you seen Spitfire anywhere?" she asked "I assume Soarin is still with his special-somepony healing his wings, but I can't find Spitfire anywhere."

"Isn't ... Isn't she in the dining hall?" Fleet Foot asked hoping her voice was normal "You know how she likes to pig out when she's upset. And she's really upset that she wont be doing the show in Canterlot."

"No" Lightning Strike said as she continued walking towards Soarin and Spitfire's room. "I've looked everywhere, and no one else has seen her since the end of training either."

After they reached the cousin's room and knocked for a while, nothing happened.

"May... Maybe she's asleep, Ma'am," Fleet Foot was saying. "You know how much a heavy sleeper she is..."

Ignoring her Lightning Strike took out her captain's skeleton key and opened the door and went in, followed by a close to hyperventilating Fleet Foot.

"Where is she!" Lightning Strike almost screamed as she was the room was empty. She was about to leave when she caught something under Soarin's pillow.

"Er... Ma'am," Fleet Foot asked shakily. "Do... Do you think you should be er doing that? I... I mean most of the time when something is under a pillow, it's because that pony wants it to stay secret and safe. I mean sure I've looked under my sister's...." Fleet Foot was rambling as Lightning Strike lifted her son's pillow and reveled a purple and black mare's mask.

"And then there was the time I found her stash of gumdrops..."

"Fleet Foot!" Lightning Strike said in a hushed voice that for some reason sounded really loud in the small room.

"Ye... Yes Ma'am?" Fleet Foot asked nervously.

"First of, no more talking, just nods or shakes. Understand?" Lightning Strike said turning around slowly.

Fleet Foot nodded, fear in her eyes.

"Question one. Do you know how long Soarin has had this mask?"

No.

"Question two. Do you know the name of Soarin's special-somepony?"

Not thinking it was going to do any good to lie any more, Fleet Foot nodded.

"Last question. Is it a pony named Rainbow Dash?" Lighting Strike asked anger written on her face.

Nod.

"You may now speak for this question. Do you know where Spitfire is?"

Taking in a deep breath...

"That day she came back with the broken wings it was because she challenged Rainbow's cousin to a skills duel and they had a crash. Then the next day after our training Soarin took off for Whitetail Wood for some reason. Then that afternoon a girl called Fluttershy came to say Soarin got his wings broken because the Shadows captain broke his wings and he's in their castle somewhere. Then earlier she came back and took Spitfire down to the Everfree to bust Soarin out and she told me not to tell anypony and now I boke that promise and now she'll hate me...."

"SILENCE!" Lightning Strike yelled getting a head ache and trying to understand what was going on.

"Back to nods and shakes. Do you know where they both are now?"

Shake.

Just then Fire Blitz came in to see what all the fuss was about.

"What's with all the screaming in here?" he said taking off his hood and goggles.

"I AM NOT SCREAMING!" Lightning Strike cried out.

"Um... It sure sounds like it dear..." Fire Blitz said rubbing his ears a bit.

"If you must know," Lightning Strike said throwing the mask at him "It seams your sister and brother-in-law have Soarin and Spitfire."

"Do we know they have them?" Fire Blitz asked out of safety for his little sister.

"No but we have evidence that they hurt both of them and I have reason to believe that Soarin is in love with their daughter!"

"And what's wrong with that?" Fire Blitz asked. "Why can't he? He's his own stallion now after all."

"HE CAN'T BECAUSE SHE'S A SHADOWBOLT!" Lightning Strike bellowed "GET IN TO YOUR HEAD FIRE! THE SHADOWBOLTS ARE OUR SWORN ENEMIES!"

"WHO ALSO HAPPEN TO BE MY FAMILY!" Fire Blitz cried back shocking all the Wonders that were at the door coming to see what was wrong.

"WELL YOUR 'FAMILY' BROKE BOTH SOARIN AND SPITFIRE'S WINGS AND ARE NOW HOLDING BOTH OF THEM IN THAT STUPID OLD CASTLE IN THE FOREST!"

"DO WE KNOW THAT THEY HAVE THEM? HUMM..." Fire Blitz challenged. "FOR ALL WE KNOW THEY COULD OF ESCAPED ALREADY AND ARE TRYING TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET BACK UP HERE!
"Why... do you even have... this stupid war... with them anyway?" Fire Blitz asked panting with anger, his eyes on Lightning Strike.

The Wonders at the door were asking each other that now as well now that somepony asked it.

"We have it, because they belonged to Luna," Lightning Strike said "And Luna almost killed our great Celestia. After Celestia banished her, she set us up to fend off those Shadows she made to make sure she never came back."

"That happened over A THOUSAND YEARS AGO!" Fire Blitz screamed flaring his wings. "WHY DON'T YOU JUST PACK IT IN?"

"IF YOU'RE NOW CHOOSING THEM OVER US FINE! GO AND BE WITH YOUR 'FAMILY'!" Lightning Strike screamed back stomping her hooves.

With out another word Fire Blitz turned and left setting a course straight for the Shadowbolt's castle in the Everfree.

For a while, no one moved, no one spoke, no one breathed from what what just happened and what they just witnessed.

"Well?" Lightning Strike cried. "What are you standing around for? We have some Wonders to rescue..."

And with that everyone stood to attention ready for their orders.