• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,098 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,098

Chap 4

Needing a few hours to himself, Soarin decided to visit Ponyville to clear his head as much as he could from Rainbow Dash.

Sitting on one of the benches around the fountain near town square, Soarin began a calming routine his parents taught him to do before every show.

Closing his eyes and taking in a deep breath, he began counting to ten.

"Ok, 1, 2, 3, 4," he thought he could hear hoofsteps coming closer to him. Opening his eyes Soarin spotted a very timid looking Pegasus mare with pink hair stood in front of him. "Can I help you Miss?" he asked.

"Um... This is for you." she said handing over a very familiar looking mask with a note tied to it.

As soon as he took the mask from her, she ran away back into town.

"That was weird." he said unrolling the note and smiling happily. As soon as he finished, he spread his wings and headed off to Whitetail Wood.


Deep within Whitetail Wood, Rainbow was pacing around.

"When will he get here?" she asked out loud.

"Who?" a small squeaky voice said.

Shocked Rainbow Dash spun and saw her little sister by one of the entrances to the clearing.

"Scootaloo! What... What are you doing here?" she asked slight panic in her voice.

"Wondering what you're doing here Rainbow." the small orange filly answered buzzing her wings a bit.

"None... None of your business." Rainbow said looking into the sky hoping not to see Soarin yet.

"Does it have something to do with that Wonderbolt Daddy yelled at last night?" Scootaloo asked.

"Nothing gets by you does it Squirt?" Rainbow said sighing

"Well what is it? Why are you out here?" Scootaloo asked.

"Rainbow Dash?" a new voice called out though the trees.

"What will it take for you not to say anything to anypony sis?" Rainbow asked lying on the floor to get lower than Scootaloo.

"Your dessert for two weeks." Scootaloo said smiling.

"Done!" Rainbow said "Now..."

"Rainbow Dash." Soarin said coming into the clearing freezing when he saw somepony was with her.

"Soarin this is my little sister Scootaloo, Scootaloo this is the Wonderbolt from last night Soarin." Rainbow said rubbing the back of her neck and looking a bit ashamed.

"Hiya!" Scootaloo said buzzing her wings hovering for a few seconds in the air with excitement of what was going on.

"Er... Hi." Soarin said coming closer to them carefully.

After a bit of silence, Scootaloo asked "So how are you guys going to do this if our parents and everyone else hate the others?"

"We haven't gotten that far yet Squirt," Rainbow Dash said nervous that she was there.

"Well I was always taught introductions were a good way to start." Soarin said finishing with a goofy smile.

"But we did that last night, twice." Rainbow said.

"But he was hiding the first time and the second time he was talking to Daddy." Scootaloo said.

"I guess," Rainbow said shifting her wings a bit.

"Ok I'll go first," Soarin said clearing his throat and bowing to the two girls. "My name is Soarin Skies, son of Lightning Strike and Fire Blitz, the captains of the Wonderbolts." he said getting back up.

Rainbow and Scootaloo bowed back as Rainbow said "We are Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo, daughters of Spectrum Dash and Firefly, the captains of the Shadowbolts." as she finished they both got back up.

"Now what?" Scootaloo asked her smile back on her face.

"Why don't you pick Scoot?" Rainbow asked happily. "As long as it's not dangerous or includes any of our parents."

"Ok. Um... Oh I know, We can tell him some Shadowbolt ghost stories!" she said hopping with excitement.

"'Shadowbolt ghost stories?'" Soarin asked sitting himself down on to the grass.

"Yeah," Rainbow said sitting opposite him. "There like normal ghost stories, but you know, a bit more dark, and scary. If you think you can take it."

"Hey! If I can handle Wonderbolt Head-Quarters being out of pie for three days, I can handle anything." he said proudly.

"Ok but you were warned..." Scootaloo said nodding to her sister who began.

"It begins on a day, much like this one. In a forest, much like this..."

10 minutes later

Soarin was curled up into a tight ball, rocking back and forth eyes fixed on Rainbow Dash as she continued the story.

"Then suddenly the tenth little pony, the only one left, heard a noise behind him. Turning he called out Who's there? But no one answered.

As he continued walking he thought he heard hoof steps behind him. Getting scared he started going a bit faster, but then the hoof steps got faster."

Soarin was so focused on Rainbow Dash, he didn't see Scootaloo moving into position, waiting for the line.

"All the sudden, the tenth pony found himself surrounded by rocks. He was trapped, scarred, he turned around. And then out of the trees, jumps... the Headless Pony!"

At that Scootaloo jumped onto Soarin's back scaring the stallion so much, he jumped into the air and hang upside down from a cloud shaking in fear, wings tight to his sides.

Rainbow and Scootaloo were rolling around on the floor laughing at the reaction he gave.

"That was not cool you guys." Soarin said after he calmed down a bit.

"Got a new top fear now then?" Rainbow asked after her laughter died down, Scootaloo was still going.

"N... No it's just, I don't like pony's jumping on me that's all." he said.

"We did warn you that Shadowbolt ghost stories were scary." Scootaloo said walking up beside Rainbow Dash, yawning a bit. "Rainbow, can we go home, I'm getting tired." she said rubbing her eyes a bit.

"Sure Squirt," Rainbow said putting her sister onto her back making sure she was safe and had a tight hold around her neck, before turning back to Soarin.

"I hope that story hasn't made you stop liking me... Us... I mean us" she corrected quickly.

"Don't worry, I still like you," Soarin said as they started to walk out of the wood. "I may not get some sleep for a few days,but I still like you."

"Try seeing each other again tomorrow?" Rainbow asked looking away blushing.

"I'm not sure I can make it." Soarin said "We've got a show in a few weeks. But I'll try. Oh..." he said pulling Rainbow's black and purple mask out of nowhere "Here."

"Keep it, so... So you have a way to remember us when we're not seeing each other."

Neither of them noticed they were slowly getting closer towards each other. They were an inch apart when Scootaloo let out a huge yawn knocking them back.

"You should probably get going." Soarin said his goofy smile on his face.

Nodding in agreement, Rainbow Dash took off and started flying back to the castle in the Everfree. As soon as she was out of sight, Soarin took off for Cloudsdale.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait but hope you're still liking it.

Any problems, or suggestions

Please leave them in the comments

Bye :yay: