• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,098 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,098

Chap 17

Author's Note:

I'm going to try a 'Children of the Night' act in this chapter

I'm not sure how good it will be, so please be nice about it...

:unsuresweetie:

After a bit of persuading on Spectrum's half, everypony was once again in the Apple family's living room explaining what was going on.

"See dear," Granny Smith said to Rainbow as she was bandaging up her wing. "I told y'all it was no story. Didn't I?"

"Yes Granny..." Rainbow said in a 'I'm not really listening voice'.

"But if they all met her Granny," Apple Bloom said having trouble staying awake now it was so late. "How come none of them are white?"

"I don't know Sweet-Pea," Granny said finishing up on Rainbow's wings. "But I think the real question is... Why a brother and sister would choose opposite teams to fly with?" Granny said getting none eye contact looks from Firefly and Fire Blitz and confused looks from everyone else.

"Wha... What does she mean Mummy?" Scootaloo asked sliding off her mother's lap to look up at her.

The siblings looked at each other and sighed.

"There's a reason we're both called 'Fire'," Firefly said not looking at Spectrum in shame.

"We're brother and sister," Fire Blitz said finishing the sentence.

Everyone gasped and turned to look at eyes-as-big-as-dinner-plates Rainbow Dash and Soarin.

"So wait..." Spitfire said coming round first. "You two are brother and sister," she said trying to work this out "Which means..."

"We're cousins?" Rainbow and Soarin said together, but not all that affected by it.

"Yes," the Fire Siblings said together.

"COOL!" Scootaloo said now running over to her new-found-uncle and jumping on his knee starring up into his face and then hugging him. "BEST DAY EVER!"

"Scootaloo," Spectrum Dash said breaking up the happy moment "Get off of him."

"No!" she replied sticking out her tongue and going back to hugging Fire Blitz.

"Does mum know?" Soarin asked his dad as the aguement between Spectrum and Scoots continued.

"Yes, she did," Fire Blitz said rubbing the back of his neck. "And so... do all the others now too!" he said really fast and droping his head in shame.

"What's wrong with that?" Scootaloo asked.

"It spilled out as she found out from Fleet Foot that both of you got your wings broken by Shadows." Fire Blitz said looking up at Spectrum narrowing his eyes.

"I knew I shouldn't have told her anything..." Spitfire said rubbing her nose.

"So what now Dad?" Soarin asked.

"I don't know son," Fire Blitz said bouncing Scootaloo slightly "I left before anything more could be said. But she seemed a bit put off with the news about your wings."

"So what's the answer to Granny's question?" Applejack asked stopping a new argument from starting.

"We chose different sides, because we loved ponies from those teams." Firefly said looking up to Spectrum who just ignored her.

All the sudden the windows flew open and Scootaloo and Apple Bloom acted like they were in a sort of trance. They both slid off of the older pony they were on and headed for the door.

"Hey Scoots," Rainbow said blocking the filly's way. "Where do you think you're going."

But she didn't get a reply, as Apple Bloom turned and bucked Rainbow right in the shins causing her to bend over nursing them. letting the children go out the door.

"Apple Bloom! You come back here and apologize right now!" Applejack said yelling to her sister who just kept walking away.

Figuring out it something was bad, and since they couldn't reach the filly's by talking to them, everyone decided to follow them instead.


Ten minutes later of following a slow pacing Scootaloo and Apple Bloom, the grown ups saw that all the other children in Ponyville were heading in the same direction, in the same slow trance like state to...

"Whitetail Wood..." they all said.

"Quick we have to stop them reaching it." Rainbow said running up with Applejack, Big Mac, Soarin and Spitfire to the front of the foals while Spectrum, Firefly and Fire Blitz were still trying to work out what was happening.

At the front, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom had reached their older siblings, with Scoots stepping forward.

"Let us in Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo said anger on her face.

"Why should I?" Rainbow said taking in a quick head count "Why do you all want to go in there so much?"

"To be in Mother's Garden of Shadows," they chorused together.

"What?" the older ponies said together confused.

"Scoots don't you remember? It's dangerous in there!" Rainbow tried again, holding Scootaloo back pushing her by the shoulders.

"It's not dangerous." Scootaloo said wrapping her hooves around Rainbow using a you can trust me sis face.

Unfortunately this put Rainbow off for a bit and the next thing she knew, she was crying in pain from her broken wing that was hit as she was flipped and slammed into the ground, being surrounded by the others to see if she was alright.

"COME ON EVERYPONY!" Scootaloo screamed buzzing her wings as a typhoon of foals started running into the Woods.

Within five minutes, every filly and colt were in the Woods.

Suddenly something very fast and very pink came running up to them with a slightly slower and more puffed out yellow thing behind it.

"Oh no! We're too late!" Pinkie's said looking into the Woods as Fluttershy went to help check on Rainbow.

"I'm fine!" Rainbow said getting up anger on her face.

"Quick!" Pinkie said shocking everyone. "We have to go after them!" she said about to race into the woods behind the foals.

"Hold up Sugercube!" Applejack said pulling Pinkie back by her tail. "Just what's going on here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Pinkie said blinking and staring at them as if it was a simple '2+2=4' maths problem.

Sighing Pinkie put her hoof into her mane and pulled out a book of old bedtime stories and flipped though it a bit until she found what she wanted, and shoved the book to everyone.

The Children of the Night

Everyone looked up with a 'Really?' look on their face.

"Just read it!" Pinkie said.

A long time ago, Princess Luna after years of being alone at night decided to create a new home for all the foals who were in pain and devastation so they could grow strong and happy.

After it was made she flew though the streets of Canterlot singing about this wonderful place and as if they were in a trance, all the filly's and colts within ear shot started to follow her, and no matter what anyone did, no one could stop them.

Years later, no one knows what happened to them or where they went.

"They just kept saying 'Garden of Shadows'," one mare said to the reporter the day after the foals all went missing....

"Wait..." Spectrum Dash halted Rainbow as she was nearing the end. "Did it say Garden of Shadows?"

"Yes Dad, clean out your ears!" Rainbow said still in slight pain from that flip Scootaloo did on her.

"Why... Why is that important Sir?" Fluttershy asked

"There's a reason why we're called 'Shadowbolts'." he said "Our ancestors were those foals that grew up in that garden. We grew up in the shadows and the best Pegasi from our brothers and sisters became bolts of the shadows, the Shadowbolts."

"But then what does she want with all these kids now?" Applejack asked turning back to the story to see if there were any clues.

"And how did she make them all come to her?" Spitfire asked. "It says All children within earshot. How can anypony in Ponyville hear her? And how come we couldn't hear anything?"

"As we get older," Fire Blitz said thinking "Our act of hearing goes down that's why we didn't hear anything."

"And the windows bust open before they started acting strange," Firefly said "Nightmare Moon's probably using the wind to carry her voice out."

"But WHY does she want them?" Rainbow asked turning around and glaring into the woods.

Then a line Pinkie said from earlier came to her.

"Pinkie! Has you Pinkie Scene gone away yet?" she asked.

"Not yet." she answered bouncing as she finished. "Why?"

"Because you said : 'Even though you don't know who it will be, if me and my dad had that race, She will kill someone.'"

Suddenly a new lines of worry came to everyone's face as they all ran into the Woods after the kids.