• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,098 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,098

Chap 5

It took at least half an hour for Soarin to get back home. When he did and as soon as he hid Rainbow's mask under his pillow, a knock came to the door.

"Come in," he said.

Into the room came Lightning Strike, her goggles off and her hood down a smile on her face.

"So where have you been son?" she said happily.

"In... In Ponyville Mother," he said turning to see if the mask was in fact well hidden.

"Well I know you like your free time son, but we do have the show in Canterlot to practice for."

Nodding, Soarin got into his uniform and placed his goggles around his neck.

"Um... Mum, what will you say if I say I think I found my special-somepony?" he asked as they began to leave his room.

"As long as it's not a Shadowbolt, I don't mind who it is." she said scowling when she said the name of the other flying team.

"But what if, for some strange reason... it is. And it is the captains daughter?" he asked wincing not really wanting to know the answer.

"Oh I get," Lightning Strike said laughing, "This is a joke right? You always did have your father's scene of humor dear."

"Err... Yeah. Funny right?" he said.

Without saying anything else, they walked outside and joined Spitfire and Fire Blitz and started stretching their wings, before taking off.


In the Everfree, Rainbow and Scootaloo were just arriving home too.

"Hey cuz!" Skye Storm called as Rainbow Dash came in for a landing in the court yard. "Feel better now you had some free time with Scoot?"

"A bit better, thanks 'Storm" Rainbow said checking up on Scootaloo.

"Oh your parents wanted to see you when you were out," Skye Storm said.

"Ok thanks. Err... Can you take care of Scootaloo so I can go see them?" she said letting her wings down and kneeling a little.

Once Skye Storm had Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash went off to find her parents.

*

Inside Rainbow Dash went to her parents office and knocked on the door.

'Knock' 'Knock' 'Knock'

"Come in." Spectrum Dash's voice called out.

"Ah Rainbow Dash." Spectrum Dash said once Rainbow was inside the office. "We have heard that the Wonderbolts are doing a show in Canterlot in a few weeks."

Rainbow remembered Soarin saying something like that as she and Scootaloo were heading home and nodded silently.

"Your mother and I were talking and we have agreed that you should lead your first flying team, in to disrupt the show and make it known that the Shadowbolts are the best fliers in all Equestria."

"But we won't hurt anypony right Daddy?" Rainbow asked trying to keep her cool and calm.

"Oh no don't worry dear, no pony except the Wonderbolts if they get in our way, will be hurt." Spectrum said smiling.

"Err... do we know who's doing it?" Rainbow asked.

"The captains, their niece and their son." Firefly said coming to stand next to her husband.

"Err... Mum, Dad" Rainbow said shifting her hooves a bit not looking in their eyes "What if, for some weird reason, I liked Soarin? And don't want to hurt him or his family?"

There was an unfriendly silence hanging around the room as Rainbow's question sunk in.

"Rainbow Merriam Dashery," Spectrum Dash said standing tall. "The Wonderbolts are our sworn enemies. We have been like this since the great Luna and Celestia...."

"Exactly Daddy," Rainbow butted in "We've been like this for over a thousand years. Why can't we just pack it up and fly together. You know, side by side and all that?"

"It's because we need to show the whole of Equestria We are the best fliers. No... When you're older you'll understand."

"I'm 20 years old now Daddy!" Rainbow screamed back stomping her hoof. "Why can't I understand now? I don't want to hurt them! Why do you want me to? Why can't I..."

"ENOUGH!" Spectrum Dash yelled freezing Rainbow where she was tears in the corners of her eyes.

Before anypony could do or say anything else, Rainbow Dash opened the door and raced back to her room, slammed the door and started drinking the tub of melted ice-cream that had been there since that morning.

Why couldn't they understand? Why couldn't she just be with Soarin?

After a few minutes a knock came to the door.

"GO AWAY!" Rainbow screamed not caring who it was.

"Dashie? It's Pinkie and Fluttershy," Pinkie's voice called though the door. "Can we come in?"

Putting the tub down, rubbing her eyes and going over to the door, to reveal a slightly less bouncy than normal Pinkie and a terrified Fluttershy, hooves over her ears trembling behind her.

Moving back into her room, Rainbow Dash got onto her bed and pulled out Soarin's mask from last night.

"So... How'd it go?" Pinkie said after the door was shut.

"Everything was alright till I got home." Rainbow said "But I had to because Scoot's was getting tired." she explained.

"Do... Do you want to talk about what's wrong this time Rainbow?" Fluttershy asked in her sweet voice.

Sighing Rainbow started. "Mum and Dad, Dad more than Mum," she said thoughtfully "Want me to lead a group of Shadow's to Canterlot when the Wonder's are putting on a show in a few weeks. And they say the ones doing it are Soarin, his parents and his cousin."

Taking a breath she continued.

"Then I asked why can't we just drop all this and fly together, but they never listen to me!" Rainbow said falling face flat on to her pillow.


Skye Storm was outside Rainbow's door and, even though the words were muffled a bit she heard everything.

That Wonderbolt was going to pay for how upset he has made her cousin. Somehow, some way he was going to pay.