• Published 30th May 2014
  • 4,098 Views, 186 Comments

Soarin and Rainbow Dash - Ugly-Duckling123



A Wonder/Shadowbolt fic on Shakespere's Romeo and Juilet

  • ...
16
 186
 4,098

Chap 11

Author's Note:

WARNING : This one's going to be a little short, but it's necessary so please read it.

Soarin wasn't really getting any sleep.

He thought it was either because, it was a different place, it was too cold, he was hungry, or - even though Fluttershy fixed them - his wings were killing him.

But in reality it was because of his worry for Rainbow Dash.

"Oh where could she be?" he asked himself again carefully rolling over and covering his face with his hooves.

He was so distressed he didn't here the dungeon door open and hoof-steps coming over to his cell.

"Why did I have to fall in love with her anyway?" Soarin asked himself.

"That's a good question cuz?" a voice said.

Opening his eyes and gasping in shock Soarin rolled over and was met with Spitfire's orange face and her signature smirk.

"'Fire? What are you doing here... In fact how did you even get here?" Soarin asked in a hushed whisper looking around.

Then out of the shadows came Pinkie and a timid looking Fluttershy.

"We're busting you out of here Soarin." Spitfire said holding up a set of keys.

"Where did you get those?" Soarin asked.

"Fluttershy always goes around and gives everyone drinks at this time of night to keep them going till morning," Pinkie said bouncing as usual. "So we put sleeping pills in the ones we would give to the guards outside and bing-bang-boom they fall asleep and we took the keys off of them." she finished going back to watching the door just in case.

Soarin stepped out of the cell and hugged Spitfire in a not-too-tight-embrace so they wouldn't hurt each others feathers.

"Ok but still how did you get in here?" he asked thinking Fluttershy must of helped her down from Cloudsdale.

"Um when we were younger we and Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo used to play Hide-and-Seek a lot," Fluttershy was now explaining. "One day we found a hidden tunnel that goes from the caves under the castle up to the ballroom. The entrance to it from this side is behind a giant old tapestry of Nightmare Moon..."

"Who?" the cousins asked their full attention on Fluttershy now.

"Ni... Nightmare Moon, she was another name for Princess Luna." Fluttershy said backing away a bit. "She formed the first Shadowbolts. But that's all I know. Why do you know her?"

"Guys we need to get going they're starting to wake up." Pinkie whispered from the door.

"We'll say once we get to safety," Soarin said getting a nod from Spitfire.

And as quickly and quietly as they could the four of them made their way to the ballroom and though the tunnel, out from the cave below and ran off towards Whitetail Woods.


Once they were there, and sure no pony followed them, Soarin and Spitfire told Pinkie and Fluttershy what they knew.

"Once long ago Princess Celestia and Princess Luna lived in harmony with each other, Celestia, being the elder sister bringing out the sun, and Luna rising the moon and showering the sky with stars every night." Soarin started.

"One day Luna refused to lower the moon to make way for the sun even though Celestia tried to reason with her. Luna became Nightmare Moon, a Alicorn of darkness vowing to spread eternal night through out Equestria." Spitfire continued.
"Celestia after taking away her own sister's powers had her banished to a place of darkness so she could never hurt anyone ever again."

"And to make sure there was someone to stop her if she ever came back Celestia created the Wonderbolts."

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were a bit shocked. They had never heard that side of the story before. They had always heard that Luna was just jealous, and only blocked out the sun because she wanted the ponies to have more time appreciating it. And she only became Nightmare Moon so she'd have more power to spread her night so everyone could enjoy it.

All the sudden, there came a snapping of a twig, scaring them all and causing them to look around them panic slapped across their faces.

Then the a wind started to blow though the tree tops and they could hear a slight ... voices? crying? screaming? hoof-steps?

Whatever it was they were all glad when it stopped.

"Wha... What was that?" Fluttershy asked getting up from the ground hiding behind her mane.

"I don't know," Soarin said looking into the trees trying to find something but came up with nothing. "What I do know is, we should get out of here."

Everyone nodded in agreement and made their way back out of the woods, not seeing the pair of blue and black draconic eyes looking at them from the shadows.