• Published 23rd May 2014
  • 3,757 Views, 165 Comments

Chasing Twilight - MegatronsPen



Twilight is a royal princess of Equestria, an' Ah'm jus' some farm pony... So why have Ah fallen for somepony so far outta my reach? Will Ah ever reach her heart? Ah'm not so sure. But Ah have't try.

  • ...
19
 165
 3,757

I Must Have Her

I have fallen in love.

I sought the end to which would reveal my happy ending with the positivity of a child. Instead, I am nothing more than a friend who is valued, cared for, and loved in other ways to what I want.

So where is my happy ending? Where is it? It is not here, not in friendship.

In stories, there are many outcomes that are written expertly to their intended outcome…

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for a lack of a better phrase for many…

Even the darkest of stories have a slither of hope to cling to so that there may be a sequel...

But mine? If only my story was as thoughtful; so optimistic and intended for that happy ending to engage the reader into delving further into my story…

So who is it? Who is that reader? Who is that observer?

Celestia?

Luna?

Twilight or even Cadence?

No. I am just a simple earth pony, who is in love with a mare, writing stupidly into her journal just to vent her frustrations.

Am I misconnected? Am I that self-loathing that I take my family for granted?

No.

That is the answer in its simplicity.

I love my family and they love me, but that is all they are to me. Family. Unconditional love.

I know love surrounds me every day from my customers to my friends, but, never has once love found me, and made me theirs. Never once had love kissed me full upon the lips, and told me that my hard work has finally paid off.

That my sacrifice…

No.

Not sacrifice.

What is the word I seek to write, even though sacrifice is an accurate representation of my thoughts?

Selfish abandon?

Does that make any sense?

I work to support others and supply the social and vital needs of the many; yet does that make me selfish in denying myself the simplicity of carnal desires? Does it make any sense at all?!

Am I just crazy?

I have battled with my own sexuality for so long that I had never thought to put it to paper. I had never thought that my mouth writing would reveal so much to me, and yet, raise so many questions I have fought within a turmoil of doubt and fear for so many years.

I’m gay.

I’m a fillyfooler.

I hate that word.

But I am that. So why do I feel so dirty when I am so brutally honest to myself? Should I not be happier that I can admit as much?

I like mares!

I like mares!

I want to stuff my muzzle under her tail and do things I only dream of!

I like mares!

I love her! I want to tell her, with all of my heart. I love her more than the apples I buck from the trees and I love her more than sweet apple pie made from Granny’s own hooves...

So why am I so afraid to say it? Why can’t I tell Twilight I love her?

Because it’s wrong.

She’s a Princess.

We’re friends.

She’s a mare too.

It’s wrong.

Applejack parted her teeth just enough to allow the pencil to topple onto the desk, her tear stained face turning away from her journal as she lifted a hoof to close it.

“We’re friends. An' we will always stay tha' way,” Applejack drew her lips to the candle resting in its stick upon her desk, and blew it out to throw her room into perpetual darkness, “even if Ah want it to be more.”

Slowly she cantered from her desk and headed to the bed, slipping into the covers from the bottom and slithering her way up towards the plush pillows. When her head met with the comfortable confines, emerald eyes glanced about her Spartan room, and simply regarded the crack in the ceiling where she noticed mildew had started to form.

Applejack pouted, “Gonna need to fix tha’,” she muttered, “an’ fix my thinkin’. Who am Ah kiddin? Twilight an’ me? She’s one of those fruu-fruu Canterlot gals, an’ am nothing more than a mud pony. Nothin’ much, nothin’ else.”

A slow blink caused Applejack to crack a yawn, a hoof raising up to rub at her sleep ridden eyes. “Ah should’a slept instead of…” She glanced from the ceiling, and flushed red, “Ah’m sick. Think’in of mah friends like that... But…” A hoof trailed down along her stomach, lowering with each inch, her body burning hotter than Celestia’s sun, “Ah can’t help it… Ah… Ah can’t… Ah…”

She drew up her hoof before contact could be made with what she sought, and pressed it to her face, “What in tarnation is wrong with me? Ah’m a mare. She’s a mare… Isn’t that enough? Isn’t that enough to stop me?”

Her eyes became dreamy, however, the more she considered what couldn't prevent her enough to stop her from…

Touchin’…

Feelin’…

Kissin’…

Ah’m sick.

Ah’m…

No.

"Ah know it is wrong, and Ah know I was raised all proper like, but, Ah love her.” She quickly stood up on her bed, and then headed towards the journal, turning it open and frantically flipping through to the page she had inserted her recent entry.

Drooping her head down, she plucked the pencil she had discarded with her teeth and wrote an added entry.

No, it is not wrong.

I have to find a way to make her mine.

Celestia’s sun, Ah wrote that!

I want to take her for myself. She’s far beyond my league, but I have to try. I have to make an effort otherwise someone else might steal her from me.

I will not let that happen. I am going to battle for this feeling, and I do not care what my family thinks of me, or anyone! I’m going to win her heart, and feel her lips against mine. I am going to do everything I have ever masturbated to—

Applejack gasped.

Did she just write that?

Ah did.

The pencil dropped again from her mouth, her words whispering hotly to her lonesome room, “Ah need her. Ah want her. But how do Ah get a Princess to love on someone like me?”

Author's Note:

And there it is. A short, short one shot that I had to write to get out of my head, because its been buggin me all week.

While I have no intention on expanding this, I do have ideas where it could go. If somehow enough people enjoy the fic, I'll consider it.

Like. Hate. Flame. It is all good.