• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 7,645 Views, 208 Comments

The Songs of True Madness - Kaffeina



An ensuing story in which a Void Dweller has her memory wiped and ends up in Equestria, later rediscovering her powers and madness insues.

  • ...
66
 208
 7,645

This, The End (And no. Not the story)

Author's Note:

Lets try to add context shall we?
This chapter will be explaining why Essence's world is collapsing.
Bare with me here.
Sorry that its so short but It works.
I'll add another on the Murder of the council.

Equestria, land of quadrupeds and magic, was dying. At least one of them. Twilight, newly appointed princess and alicorns, couldn't seem to figure out why. For one, Nightmare Moon was no longer existent. Discord was trapped. Tirek was still in Tartarus, and so far there were no other threats. It was during a moment like this that she was busy raiding the Library in the old castle. When she had arrived two things surprised her.

One, the castle looked to be in perfect shape, and two, there were two creatures attacking each other.

The first was carrying a bag of some sort and was grinning maliciously, and the second was wearing a lab coat. She hid behind a bush and watched in piqued interest as the first creature pulled a weapon out of his bag and the second pulled one from his waist.

"Merchant," spoke the second, "How dare you come here."

"I would think Scientist," said Merchant, "That you would not care for this kind of world, what with magic and all."

"Even magic has science," said Scientist raising his weapon, "though it comes in small forms."

"Really?" Merchant asked as his weapon arced down towards Scientist.

"Yes." Scientists blade deflected the void-black hammer.

"Oh well that's a shame. I'll have to take care of that then," he brought the hammer towards Scientist's side. The man made to block but failed, the hammer slamming down onto his side, and he slid back.

"As if. You know that She lives here," he swung at the Merchant's head.

Blocking the Merchant responded, "Really? Which she are you referencing?"

"Madness," Scientist responded as he aimed for the Merchant's legs.

"HER?" the Merchant said in shock, failing to block the swing which left a large gash in his leg, "She is DEAD. I felt her presence leave the Void myself. Her powers drifted through the Void before Fausticorn took them."

"We did that on purpose. We removed her shadow abilities and gave them to Fausticorn to hold for her," he brought his sword towards the Merchant's arm, but was blocked fairly quickly.

"You mean to tell me that my rival still lives? Here?" He demanded. His hammer swung down towards Scientist's head.

"Yes, I do," the man swung his sword towards the Merchant's side but the hammer in its travel downwards blocked the strike and connected with his head. His head snapped back and he flew backwards into a tree. The tree snapped and dropped backwards into the nearby gorge. Dazed, Scientist stood up and glared at the Merchant. Snickering the Merchant spoke.

"Now to complete this World's destruction," he stabbed his weapon into the ground and a crack opened and a black beast tried to break through. Scientist grabbed it and pushed back, when he turned The Merchant was gone.