• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 7,639 Views, 208 Comments

The Songs of True Madness - Kaffeina



An ensuing story in which a Void Dweller has her memory wiped and ends up in Equestria, later rediscovering her powers and madness insues.

  • ...
66
 208
 7,639

Essence Enters the War of Understanding: Part One


In between the teams

Essence; The Musician, The Merchant’s Demise, Madness of the Void

True Neutral

(Even she could probs kill Zero. Even if no one knows who she is)

Essence dropped into the world out of nowhere, portal or otherwise. Dragging herself up she glared around the area. Summoning her favorite weapon, otherwise known as Poseidon’s Trident, she walked forward, looking around to try to spot someone nearby. While she did this one of the bugs, a giant wasp, flew up to her and aimed its stinger at her.

I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” she warned. Seemingly debating it for a mere second the bug lunged forward. Out of instinct Essence dodged to the right and impaled the wasp on her weapon. She stood and stuck the weapon on her back. Walking forward she made her way away from both camps, her gait reflected her anger. Not only had she lost her friends, she had lost her home, and the only person she had saved was a small yellow pegasus and a blue alicorn. Her sorrow leaked out into her aura releasing her madness, her insanity, forth as trees bent forming a ladder up into a small fortress with a small pond in the center. Leaning forward she spoke,

Umbra, I wish to speak with you.

Skreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- whoooosh- thud

“Alright. You’re not someone I’m exactly familiar with, but……. I do still know of you.

Welcome to Battle World 1, Essence. How do you like my incredibly accurate, pre-written, dropped-from-orbit notes?”

“They’re fine. I suppose you know me from one of the SysAdmins? If it’s the Merchant I have a message.”

Skreeeeee

“I know of you from sources that are best left unmentioned. The Merchant, eh? If it’s a death threat or anything similar, get in line. Wily bastard’s been evading his rightful kick in the balls for over seventeen eons.

-Umbra”

“I already knew that. My message, if you can get it to him is this: The demise of the Council of Influence was not appropriate, as the final member, even though I no longer hold shadow abilities, I relay that his rival still lives. He may have destroyed my world, my friends, my home but in the End, the battle between Desire and Madness will leave Madness above Desire. You think there may be a way to get that to him?” she asked. Her tail, fluffy and huggable, wiggled slightly out of excitement. Her ears flicked. She seemed to be anxious but extremely pissed at the same time. Who wouldn’t; being trapped in your world, your cry for help missed by others, as it broke apart into nothing?

Skreeeee

“Yeah. He’ll get that message real soon”

“Alright.”

Skreeeeee

“If you want to fight someone, then I suggest heading South in a few days’ time. There’s an Arena there”

I’m not here to join the battle, in fact, I got here by accident. Watching may be fun though…”

Skreeeeee- paff

“Then here’s a ticket for Seat A-32. One of the better seats in the house, if I do say so myself. Concessions are free, just make sure to throw away all of your trash when you’re done. Oh, and don’t take the cups. Bottles are fine, but not the cups. Those are refillable.”

“Alright, if anyone issues a challenge towards me- there’s always one- I’m open to it, but I will not be placed on one side. I already know who wins after all.” Looking into the pool she could see her lost friends, the two she had saved, and sighed. Looking up and realizing that her new camp had no name, she focused and a giant neon sign appeared above it with the words, “Music and Madness Station, grab an instrument!” She groaned and added another one, “Neutral Territory.”

Author's Note:

I forgot this was the first official interaction between Essence and Aaron/Umbra...