• Published 23rd Apr 2014
  • 7,642 Views, 208 Comments

The Songs of True Madness - Kaffeina



An ensuing story in which a Void Dweller has her memory wiped and ends up in Equestria, later rediscovering her powers and madness insues.

  • ...
66
 208
 7,642

On The Study Of Authorians

Contents
Origins
History
Life
War
Organization
Technology
Culture
Librarian




Origins
________________________________________

Far out in every universe, but we'll deal with the Equis one, lies a galactic core in galaxy where the stars are quite literally, made of words. Around the stars orbit planets made of paper. The galactic core of this galaxy leads to The Archives of the Σύμπαν, or Universe. These Archives are in one of the very first Universes. This Universe or Orixe was one of the first Universes. Orixe is the biggest Library in the Multiverse. This Library contains every story from every Universe that has ever existed, exists, or will exist. Most Universes while not quite Infinite are massive. Orixe is not only infinite but it has every creature that exists, has existed or will exist. There is usually a small amount of these creatures managing their sections. Each race consists of a Archivist, Monitors, Overseers, and Sorters. Each creature in the Archives has a cosmological copy, but not every creature in the Multiverse has a copy in the Archives. Human Orixeans are by far the quickest but their section takes up some 1,539 sections.

Sections are designated by letters, numbers, words, or symbols. Sections are, at the smallest, 0.47645676545656546765x10^46393 square feet and around 99 trillion to the fifth power times that. The First Section, Alpha Patrixon, has the indexes of each creature. The Archives are ever expanding and due to such the indexes continuously expand as well.


History
________________________________________

The History of the Archives is very long, meticulously detailed, and some 376 volumes long. Though the volumes are quite detailed most of the information I need not mention and as such the information will be brief as possible.

The Librarian, the creator of it, started with one book. This book gave her information on everything and as such she took it and made the Archives. In the very beginning it was small, just a mere 480 sections. 480 sections of the first creatures, humans, ponies, and so on so forth. The Librarian named each of them a position. After monitoring everything for some time, a mere three billion years, the Librarian went off to create more and has not been seen since.


Life
________________________________________

Life in the Archives is unique. Near Alpha Patrixon are the homes of every creature in the Archive. The area itself is the size of a middle aged supergiant star. Any luxury in the Multiverse is available to them. From Xortean Masil Baths to Alianar Chess. Life after working in the Archives, right after shift, is calm and relaxed.


War
________________________________________

Yes I know, “Such a place has wars?” in fact it had one war. The war was between the Overseers and Sorters. This war, also called First War, lasted nearly two centuries. Archivists sided with Sorters, Monitors with Overseers. Although it is titled a “War” it was more of a skirmish. Overseers would randomly ambush Sorters, stopping their work. This gave them excuses to refuse the Sorters certain things. Of course Archivists would pardon the Sorters. Monitors would then refuse to work and so Archivists had to do their work. In the end Archivists threatened to “Erase” the acting out Monitors and Overseers who in turn stopped their mischief.


Organization
________________________________________

The organization of the Archives is as follows. Archivists make the index for their race, keep population records, and take account of the work done by the lowers. Monitors record work reported by Overseers onto paper, and make sure it is organized properly. Overseers take and note all the work done by the Sorters. Sorters, as the name suggests, sort all the literature of the known Multiverse.

Below the Sorters are an unofficial class. They are not good for the Archives. This class are called Worms. These creatures, as the name suggests, are large worm like creatures with razor sharp teeth. Their main “goal” is to consume all the books in the Archives. If any entire section for a species is consumed, then in any world where those creatures are sentient, intelligent, and a main evolutionary focus will collapse into the Ashes. A world full of the ruins of different species. Few worlds have fallen. Among the some 20 worlds are Raizine, Aortin, and Gastion. Those worlds had already declined so much that their destruction was not threatening to the other Universes. To fight the Worms are the Weapons. These seven foot tall knights are humanoid in form but have feline features. They are quick, light on their feet, and extremely strong.


Technology
________________________________________

Technology of the Archives is far beyond most worlds. They have teleport pads which take them instantly to the wanted location, a room that lets them study the other Universes, and can instantly make any food. No ingredients needed.


Culture
________________________________________

Sub Topics


Language
Clothing
Literature
Traditions

Language

Language in the Archives varies greatly. The main spoken language resembles something like English but some words have been replaced. Any species with basic knowledge of English could quickly figure the language out.

Clothing

Clothing in the Archives is quite... unusual. Each person dresses as the favorite era of their species. For instance some humans dress like Ancient Greeks. Some dress as space farers. The Archivists during work wear white robes with golden trim. Monitors wear silver. Overseers wear crimson and Sorters wear blue. Though robes are highly recommended, other clothing choices are available so long as you wear colors befitting your station.

Weapons wear altogether different clothing. They wear armor made by the Librarian herself. It is indestructible and very light. Underneath this they wear white shirt and cotton pants.

Literature

Literature in the Archives is easy enough to describe. If it exists, they can read it. From the scrolls of Archimedes to the data files of the U.E.A Salvation. The most common form of literature devices is scrolls and books. While data files are available they are usually hard-copied and placed in a section. The data file is then stored on one of the computers for this species.

Traditions

In so far as traditions in the Archives the main concept is “It exists therefore we must celebrate it.” Other traditions include drinking tea, supper, Dinthorian R & R, and music being played during work.

Culinary

Culinary in the Archives is different. They have quite literally everything. This means if someone has eaten it and called it food or drink then they will have it. In the Archives proper eating techniques vary from species to species. Humans, who are conscious of their eating habits, tend to be more refined when eating. Other creatures look… dangerous to be around when they’re eating.


The Librarian

The Librarian is the creator. No one knows where she came from, be it the future, or some lost primordial universe. All anyone knows is that if it is good, she had it. She was kind, generous, filled with mirth, loyal, strong, intelligent, honest, and full of heart. When she left she did not leave her creations with nothing, she left them everything.

The Librarian was six foot tall, shining silver hair, her eyes were a deep blue, and she had pure golden wings on her back. If anyone stood in her presence they felt awe, not fear, of her. She was not worshiped, she was loved. She never asked her beings to do anything for her.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait, I needed a break I've been really stressed lately.
Anyways here it is!