• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 12,315 Views, 280 Comments

Her Child Of The Night - Thefastspark



10 Years since she was released from her curse as Nightmare Moon. 10 Years since Twilight became the new Princess. Never have Luna thought she would actually become a mother. Even when Equestria was attacked by this species before.

  • ...
25
 280
 12,315

We Were One

As moonbeams broke through the darkness, ponies could be seen closing up shop for night, getting ready for a new day. Flags swayed in the gentle breeze as the streetlights buzzed with moths. The light reflecting off the cold, hard rock in the sky diminished any shadows that hid in the corners of buildings. The Weather Mare said there was supposed to be light rain, but not a single cloud could be seen in the sky.

Princess Luna trotted slowly through the streets, observing her glorious night.
"Oh, how fair this night… everypony sleeping under Our stars and relaxing moon…" she said with glee, shifting her star-studded, blue, flowing mane to the side. Looking to her left, Princess Luna saw nothing but empty streets and ongoing grey stone fountains.

She told herself quirking a brow. She flipped up her ears, hearing a loud noise, not far from her. A clanging noise up from the street, making her slightly jump, setting the mare into a state of caution. "Who goes there!? Show thyself by order of the Princess of the Night!"She shouted up in the alleyway.

She knew she wasn't alone now, she took a small inhale to go up to see what was making the noise that had startled her. Her speed was a cautious trot, as if each step could have been her last. She was scared of what was in the alleyway or what was in it.

A small box... Not too large... 3 inches thick, 5 inches around the diameter. "A small box? This what has gotten us so worked up?" She asked lightly chuckling to herself turning on her back hooves with elegant precision. But she was stopped midway by a small cry, almost that of a foal, she whipped her head in all directions to find where it was coming from.

"P-Please.. Whomever is there, please show thyself.. we shall not harm thou.." She looked at the box speculating if that was the source. She tilted her head to the right her curiosity peaking, her horn glowed a light blue lifting the box. Although when she did the box dropped near her hooves.

Inside the box, was a small human male infant. Crying quietly, voice cracked and dry, who knows how long he’s been there. More than likely a few days, as a horrid stench was coming from the child. Her eyes go wide, falling to her haunches next to him, touching the lightly haired skin with her hoof.

His deep brown eyes red from crying. The human had brown hair not fully grown, making him mostly bald. "What art thou doing here in Equestria?

Even more... How did thou GET here?" She rhetorically questioned the small child, a small smile breaking her once straight lips. "Where art thine parents? They must be worried…”

She finally took notice of how dirty he was as well as how skinny he was, he must have not been fed in Celestia knows how many days let alone a bath. He began to silently cry again, his tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Shhh Young one... Don't cry... don't be afraid." She cooed to the little human child. Her horn glowed again, very carefully gently bringing the child near her. Her thoughts started to wander, wondering about who could have left this child in an alleyway, the parents were definitely irresponsible fools.

Her brow furrowed in anger, but was quickly reverted to it’s lax position when the child poker her snout, laughing a bit. "We shall care for thee... don't worry... thou will have a better life.." She shifted her grip and brought the child close to her chest, the child snuggling into it, coughing into the fur.

"We'll get thee cleaned up and get thee some food in your tummy." She cooed to him as her wings spread wide, taking off with a few large flaps. She flew across the city landing on her balcony. She opened the doors with her magic, crossing the room and stopping at her bed. She set the child on the moon themed covers. "Now let us get thee cleaned up, this muck upon thee is disgraceful."

She trotted over to her royal bathroom the floor covered in marble stone. Using her magic, she turned the knobs of the cold and hot water. As it should work; the water spewed out, running along the corners of the white tub. While it ran, she trotted back out to the child, picking him up with her magic, carrying him to the large tub.

She dipped him in, soaking his lower body, she brought a sponge and started to scrub him, cleaning the grime that had built up on him. Getting giggles from the small boy, "So thou like it huh? That's good. we art glad thou does."

She stood on her back legs to reach a bottle of shampoo that hopefully doubled as a body wash, grabbing a new sponge she put a generous dollop of the shampoo, and continued to scrub away the grime. As she finished washing him, she wrapped him in a small green towel. setting him on the bed again.. She heard a small growl but she knew the sound. She gave off a small giggle.

"Hungry? We had almost forgotten. We shall be right back, do not worry little one." She whispered.

She silently trotted down stairs, gulping slightly hoping she wouldn't be caught with the human child. "Ok, let's not be caught out this late by sister she'll be furious with us."

She glanced in every direction, nopony in sight. "Good. Now, where do they keep the bottles for foals?" She asked herself using her magic, but glowing dimly to not wake anypony up."Ughh! The bottles have to be around."
"Luna? Why do you need bottles?"

Her eyes widened as she recognized the voice. It was the new Princess Twilight Sparkle, her eyes were fixated in a puzzled glance. Twilight as well was hungry this night preparing to grab a small snack to head back to bed. This strange behavior Luna was showing made her stay to listen. Luna quickly turned to her body and head to her standing on all fours once more.

"Good evening Twilight! What brings thee up this late?" She asked pulling a fake smile. Twilight was still confused on the fact why Luna needed a bottle. She was a grown mare. She shouldn't have a reason for a bottle. "Twilight, we shall explain when the sun dawns. Please, tell us where the spare bottles are."

Twilight wanted her to tell her what was going on but, Luna did say she would explain later. "They are up in the left upper cabinet.I hope you will explain what is going on." Twilight answered with an agitated sigh.

"Thank thee! Like we said, we shall explain in the morning!" Luna quickly used her magic to open the cabinet and levitated out a white bottle with it's rubber nipple on the top.

She took the lid off the bottle as well as opened the fridge, grabbing a jug of milk, pouring some of the contents into the bottle, quickly closing the top of the bottle and jug, replacing the jug in the fridge and taking her leave back to her room. Luna bowed and quickly galloped upstairs to her room.

"Let's hope she tells me what's going on." Twilight said as she shook her head closing the cabinet.
Meanwhile with Luna, she shut the door quickly. Making the child wake starting to cry softly. She galloped to the crying foal with the bottle in hoof.

"Oh no no! Shh! It's ok! We art here!"

Luna gripped onto the bottle with her hoof, cradling the child with her right hoof. Tilting the bottle towards the child’s mouth, the child recognizing the bottle and started suckling.

"That was too close. If those who birthed you, do not return...we shall take thou in mineself.” Luna said raising her eyes in thought, thinking furiously of a name for the male.

"Drake... thy name shall be Drake."

As Drake finished drinking the bottle, Luna raised herself up, gently putting the child on her back, patting carefully on Drake's back to belch him. And as any young child does, he burped quickly. "There we art.. Now let's get some sleep hm?" She moved to the bed, holding the child in her magic, and laying down. Resting her head on her pillows and putting Drake on her stomach. Drake snuggling into her belly, yawning.

She looked at the moon clock that struck 2:43 A.M. It was pretty late in the morning before looking down at the child. "Ohhhh. We have royal meetings tomorrow. How art we supposed to take care of thee then?"

She asked the child knowing she would get no reply. She just found this human, there hasn't been one for thousands of years. Especially when Equestria was attacked by them in the past. "We shall figure out something in the morning. Goodnight Drake." She laid her head back down and closed her eyes sleeping the night away with the child in her hooves.

Author's Note:

Going to shoot for 5 chapters today to get started.. I know it's a small chapter but.. I kinda suck at stories.. Oh well.. I'll find a Editor when I get the chance.. ALSO! Cover art should be out soon.. Thanks to miss http://sarah321100.tumblr.com/

Please follow her when she does get it done! She is my savior! Thank you so much!!

THIRDLY! WRITERS BLOCK SUCKS!