• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 12,311 Views, 280 Comments

Her Child Of The Night - Thefastspark



10 Years since she was released from her curse as Nightmare Moon. 10 Years since Twilight became the new Princess. Never have Luna thought she would actually become a mother. Even when Equestria was attacked by this species before.

  • ...
25
 280
 12,311

Found A Talent

Drake ran through the crowd of ponies, his whimpers of fear and sadness filled his body. Ponies stare at him with confusion and worry wanting to comfort him, but instead they stood their ground. Drake kept running, and running away into the main city of Canterlot. His head shrunk to his neck, stuffing his hand in his pockets, his body shivering. He knew he couldn't go back to that school, not after what has happened. He kept looking around the city seeing so many ponies and higher riched class ponies. "W-Why do everything I do go wrong? Why did mommy give me powers I can't even control. It's not fair... I look like a freak with my features now."

A lone tear fell from his eye, slithering down slowly. Ponies could only watch him as they trotted by. "I also wish these ponies would stop staring at me." Drake thought to himself. He was lost in thought, not paying attenuation bumping into a pony.

"Pardon me, please watch where you are-" He cut off looking directly at Drake. A smile forming off his blue combed mustache, a glass monocle on his left eye, blue combed mane that shifted to each side. A nice well black suit he wore ironed perfectly and clean, Purple bow tied onto his black suit, his cutie mark three crowns. It was none other then Fancy Pants himself. "Oh! Pardon me, lad. I had no idea it was Luna's adopted son himself. Please forgive my rudeness." Drake could only giggle at him. "You're ok Mister Fancy Pants. I forgive you, besides I should've been the one who was paying attention anyway." Drake said shrugging. "That's good lad. Might I ask if I can, why are you alone out here? Shouldn't you be with your mother?" Drake's blood ran cold from this. He didn't know how to respond to this. But since Fancy Pants was a nice stallion he would be honest.

"I-I ran away..."

Fancy's eyes widened at this. "For whatever reason lad? Your mother must be worried sick right now."

Drake looked away, afraid to see Fancy's worried gaze. "The thing is... she doesn't know." Fancy trotted up to him and putted his hoove on his shoulder. "Lad, I'm going to guess you feel hated and different. I can tell because you were shot down not too long ago." Drake looked up at him his expression showing it was true. "How did you know Mister Fancy Pants?" Fancy removed his hoove from his shoulder and sat down.

"Well, everyponies been hearing the tale that you've been shot down by a unknown figure. I'd like to give the ruffian a tongue lashing whoever shot you down, lad." Drake was happy to know Fancy was on his side to say the least.

"Thank you Mister Fancy Pants." Fancy gave a quick nod seeing his mate Fleur-De-Lis nudging him over. "Gotta go, lad. Take care and I hope you'll find reason to stay. It's a marvelous place here." With that said, he waved goodbye with a hoof and trots by Fluer-De-Lis, who then they begin to chat for Drake could not hear what they are talking about. He starts to walk away in a random direction hoping to find something harmonic.

Hopefully that something... Just something could help him calm, not make him feel much worse as he does now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a private meeting area, roughly around 10:42 A.M. Luna and a few captains of the royal guards were talking, putting down fliers for any teen that wanted to participate in the royal guard legion. It was supposed to go to the 'Canterlot High' School. "How many fliers your highness?" Luna thinks about it, making sure what was good enough.

"We would say around 30 fliers should be quite enough." Luna told the guard, trotting by the widow looking out. "Sharp gleam? Have thou ever felt... Something just might be wrong.. Like that feeling thou couldn't just shake off?" She asked him, looking over her right shoulder.

"W-well... Yes. I have, your highness, I've always have." He responded, trotting by her in efforts to calm her down. Although, Luna sighs deep, staring up at the window. "We art just worried about Drake first day. We cannot just shake off how he must be feeling without us." Luna said.

"Maybe, just maybe, it's a good idea to relax for once your highness. You've been working your hooves off by taking care of your human." Sharp gleam told her, much concerned for her now.

"Y-yes. Maybe we have to just relax. Drake is at school and we can relax. Thank you very-"

Before she could finish her sentence, a female unicorn guard came bursting her with a letter, much noble like. "Your highness! We have a problem! It's concerning your child!"

Luna began to freak out now, ripping the letter from her mouth, reading it word for word.

'Hello Princess of the night, my name is mrs. Pennyfeather, the human of yours had a... Strange meltdown of magic I have never seen... Your child was being bullied by a griffon and a colt. He... He was becoming enraged, freezing them solid. He ran to the main city of Canterlot, I am not too sure what magic he wields, but best for you to care for your child.'

The letter ends by her signature, Luna now worried and scared to death. Luna lets the letter drop on the floor, rushing out of the room with no words. "WAIT! Your highness! Where are you going?" Sharp gleam asked, eyes widened.

"We art going to get my child and fast!" She responded quickly. "Do not tell out sister we left! We shalt deal with this on our own!" Luna bursted out of the castle doors, guards confused as shy she was fleeing so fast.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drake continued to gaze at the street corner stores around him, each selling different items such as wheat, jewelry, fish, coal. Though not much of them fazed him, he only had 10 bits on him since he spent most of his 20 bits on his 7th birthday. Many stores and streets corners was around and busy mostly because today was a sale day.

"Mommy would never love a human that is a true freak." He murmured, tear filling in his eyes, not much walking here he was going, he bumped into a wall, crying in pain, gluing his hand to his head. feeling it swell with a bruise. Looking up, he noticed a pastry shop that most ponies know in Canterlot. 'Doughnut Joe's Doughnut Shop' it read. The air swirled with delicious, intriguing smells of doughnuts, coffee beans brewed and ready. "Oooo! I've heard of this place, but never got a chance to visit." Drake exclaimed. Holding his head high, he pushed the door open with ease. The bell ringed another customer, the peach peach colored stallion that was Doughnut Joe himself, turned his head, smiling down a the youngster.

"Whyyyyy helloooo there! Never seen a youngster like you before!" He exclaimed, quickly trotting over by the counter, making a head count on the rest of the pastries that remained in his shop. "Sorry about that! Must be new! I'm Doughnut Joe, the owner of this great shop. And you are, kiddo?" Asking for his name, Drake replied shyly and afraid. "D-d-d-Drake... Mister Joe."

Doughnut Joe could only chuckle, gently patting the kids head with a hoof. "Don't worry, Drake. I ain't gonn' bite!" He said, a smile on Joe's face.

"Y-you aren't afraid of me?" He asked Doughnut Joe, sitting on the swivel chair. "Oh ho,ho! Coarse not!" Drake could only feel... Accept by other ponies for once... "Thank you... I hear a lot about this place! Though I never got the chance to come!" Drake told him, arms and elbows placed on the counter.

"Wellll! Since it's your first time! I'm gonna let you have a free doughnut!" Doughnut Joe flipped open a container with doughnuts with all kinds of flavors. To strawberry, to vanilla, to chocolate, to cinnamon.

"Could... I try the chocolate doughnut?" Drake nervously asked, looking up at him. Though Joe nodded. "Of coarse! One Chocolate doughnut coming right up!" Doughnut Joe exclaimed, holding a doughnut in his hooves, placing it on the counter. Drake was somewhat nervous, he picked up the doughnut put in front of him. He lifted it up to his mouth, taking a small bite out of it. The flavor of the chocolate seeped into his mouth, him smiling in happiness. "Wow! It tastes so delicious!" Drake exclaimed, taking another bite out of the doughnut.

Doughnut Joe could only chuckle at the child, ruffling his hair as he ate. "Thanks, kiddo. I appreciate Somepony telling my work is great!" Doughnut Joe turned around, closing the container with the doughnuts so they didn't stale. "So, Drake. Not to be offensive or anything, but what creature are you?" Drake put down the doughnut to answer him. "I'm actually a human to be exact." Doughnut Joe tapped a hoove in thought, thinking hard. "I think I heard of those, I'm not too sure, but I think I heard of em'. Doughnut Joe raised his head back up at Drake, watching Drake as he finished his doughnut. "Mmmmm! Thank you, mister Joe! That was amazing!" Joe put his hoove on Drake's shoulder.

"Thanks kiddo, I appreciate it. I really do. And call me Joe, no need for that fancy shmancy stuff." Doughnut Joe said.

"M-Joe... I have to get going... I'll see you sometime later, ok?" Doughnut Joe nodded, waving a hoove goodbye. "Ok! Catcha' later, kiddo! Have a wonderful day!"

Drake left the doughnut shop, leaving Joe to mumble to himself. "What a great kid..." As the child left the shop, he continued to sweep up the crumbles from the other ponies that came in the shop earlier.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving the shop, Drake continued to gaze amongst the high, shining city of Canterlot, vast of buildings, homes, and shops. As Drake kept slowly walking in the city, a song in his head popped up, from when Drake was only 5. Luna used to play piano for him that sometimes helped him sleep at night.

'Duhhh Duuhhhuhhh, Duhuhhh Mmmm, Don't fret I'm heerrreee.. This moon shall bee yours, just lay yoour head and rest your weaarryy eyes..'

Drake hummed the first verse of Luna's song, a small smile curled. Drake remembered her teaching him the song at age 6. Stopping in his tracks, hearing well played music, most likely wooden, or classical.

Peering around, he catches eye a grey mare, her black hair fell to her neck, pink bow tie wrapped neatly around her neck, her purple eyes locked on the strings of a cello, strumming it like no other. A small gulp slid down his neck, standing fully up to confront the mare.

"U-Ummm... Hello, misses..." He finally got the courage to speak to her. Catching glimpse of the mare, she raised her head up at him, eye to eye.

"Oh... Hello there, sir. I believe you are the child of Luna, correct?" She questioned, making his blood run cold by nervousness. "Y-Yes, I am, misses." His nervousness was beginning to creep up on him with a lump in his throat.

She gave a smile to calm his fright, trotting up to him. "Hello, I'm Octavia, a professional musician and you sir?" Drake felt safe by this mare for some odd reason, yet he just met her.

"I'm Drake, son of Princess Luna." He greeted, now sitting on his bottom near her. Octavia brought out a case, small with a shiny sleek black. "Do you play instruments, Drake?" She asked using her mouth to open up the case to show a fine, wooden violin.

"Actually, my mommy thought me a song when I was just 6. I think I remember how it goes." Octavia takes out the violin with her hooves, holding it carefully. "Want to show me, Drake?" Now this... this was making Drake scared. Not only did he remember little of the song, but he hadn't played it in so long! Once more grasping his strength, he took the violin, taking the strummer as well. "Thank you." Drake said taking one deep breath, moving his arm to position himself on the violin. Ponies began to gather around seeing the human with the instrument and the professional mare.

Each strum he took made beautiful music as a softening melody, ponies around listened to the young human play this violin like his mother taught him. But the thought of Drake getting it wrong was too much for Drake, however. Octavia gently put her hoof on his back as a comforting sign that 'everything will be ok' moment. His back tensed up a bit, but quickly relaxed. The notes and melody grew more and more easy for him now getting the hang of the song Luna taught him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Luna trotted through the streets frantically searching for her missing son, screaming and calling out for his name. "DRAKE!! DRAKE!! WHERE ART THOU!?" She kept screaming and screaming his name of worry. This was a mothers nightmare, one no mother though could ever happen. "DRAAAAAAKKKEEE!!" She scremaed once more, getting scared now. "Please! Drake! Thou art not in trouble we promise! Please, come to mommy!"

Suddenly stopping, hearing close music nearby. "Drake?" She questioned, trotting now carefully to the source of the music. Now seeing all kinds of ponies gathered around in a small circle. As she came closer, she gasped seeing her son playing a fine violin, the same song that she taught him when he was just 6.

She too stopped to listen, sitting down on her haunches. She came in time to hear him finish the melody. Ponies cheered and stomped there hooves in applause. Drake handed the violin back to Octavia, nodding to the crowd. "Thank you! Thank you so much!" He exclaimed happily. Luna stood up up, slowly trotting over to him. He saw her, backing up with fright on his face. He curled into a ball on the ground shaking. "P-Please don't hurt me mommy! I-I don't know what happened! Please don't hurt me!" He cried out.

She however justhugged him, wrapping his hooves on his small form. "Shhh! Mommy is just glad thine art safe! That's all we care about!" She exclaimed, kissing his forehead. "Mommmmyy! You're embarrassing me!" Luna giggled, still holding him in her hooves. The ponies d'awwed around them, smiling and some wiping their eyes from tears. "Mommy? You don't hate me right?" He asked, still scared. She, however shook her head. "No... of coarse not our son. We're just glad thine art safe."

Luna began to carry him on her back, trotting toward the castle. "Mommy?" Luna looked up at him, still trotting. "Yes, sweetie?" Drake looked down at his neck, the necklace swinging back and forth. "D-Do you know what happened?" Luna let her head drop to the ground, eyes closed for a brief second. "Of coarse... and we shall tell thou how to control it. It's a serious thing, Drake. Tis our fault we never told you of what powerful, yet dangerous magic it carries."

Author's Note:

Luna pretty much won. And I'm really sorry that this wasn't updated in 2 or 3 months. I almost forgot about the story xD. Finally updated and now I have writers block on how to start the other chapter.

Music: Kingdom Hearts 2: Passion