• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 12,313 Views, 280 Comments

Her Child Of The Night - Thefastspark



10 Years since she was released from her curse as Nightmare Moon. 10 Years since Twilight became the new Princess. Never have Luna thought she would actually become a mother. Even when Equestria was attacked by this species before.

  • ...
25
 280
 12,313

History and Lies

Luna headed downstairs to meet this Unicorn mare who claimed to know the attacker of her child. She had to stay as calm as possible for she wouldn't want to scare her witness. Two Lunar guards tailed behind her as usual with large, iron spears in their mouths. Luna loved Drake like no other mare or stallion would, he maybe a human child but nopony, and she means NOPONY hurts her child.

Luna exhaled, letting her stress out noticing a crowd of guards and her Sister Celestia there.

"Ah! Welcome Luna. Please, I know you are angry and eager to hear this but be calm."

Celestia said reminding her. Luna was angry but she had to stay calm at all times so her witness wouldn't shut her out.

"Ok, we art ready. Show us to her."

Celestia turned back to the crowd with Luna behind her, the guards trotting out of the way to let the Princesses enter. A Orange Unicorn Mare, sitting on her haunches with fear on her face. Her Ponytail Black mane settled to the right side of her head. Body trembling and shaking. Her Cutie Mark of a Orange leaf with black paint on it falling off. Jade eyes that showed fear. Pure absolute fear like her life was ending.

Luna felt bad for her, Luna knew she was Nightmare Moon in the past and had usually use a Canterlot voice. But she had to make sure she would tell her.

"Tis ok dear. Do not be afraid, We shall not harm or yell, we just need to know who attacked my son."

She gulped, slowly sliding down her throat and finally opened her mouth.

"I've looked into the figure who shot your son, your highness. He is a old clan legend called the Linsui. They were supposed to be gone many years ago but, I guess they survived. Anyhow, his name is Denko. A third leader party of the clan who was said to pass 400 years ago."

Luna was at the utmost interest of this history and knowledge. Now was time to ask the appearance, that way it would be easier to catch this attacker in the act.

"If tis not to much to ask, what did he look like? Detail would be appreciated.

She stared at the ground, not words formed. Something was bothering her.

"H-He had a Brown Torn up jacket, his mane is a blackish grey. His beard about to his chin, Red musty coat with... with... a eye sensor on his left eye. Where a real one should've been. He is as well a unicorn."

This made Luna worry now, for she had the history and appearance of this 'Denko'. She would have to double the shifts of the guards day and night. For she would have this wrongdoer at his knees.

"Thank thee citizen. Might we ask of thy's name?"

"Maylight. My name is Maylight."

Luna gave a smile for she was so happy that she had information and the history, now she would soon have her revenge and scolding with a dish of pain with it.

"Thank thee so much for this information, we can not tell thee how happy we art."

Maylight lightly chuckle happy she could help her.

"It was no trouble your highness, I just wanted to help out."

She got up looking up at Luna, a calm expression on Maylight's face.

"Sister, we shall go tell Drake. Please keep her company if tis ok."

Celestia nodded gently. Luna would have to tell Drake anyway if he ran into him again and he would know.

"I shall, do what you have to do sister."

Luna took her leave and trotted back to her room. Drake was looking out a window, staring at the shining moon.

"Drake. We have the information, and we need to tell thou."

Drake turned his head, eager to learn what shot him.

"Ok Mommy, I'm ready anyway."

Luna sat down on the bed with Drake and focused her head at him.

"The Stallion who attacked thou, was named Denko of the third leader of the Linsui. Apparently they were gone 400 years ago, but one of them made their return. He had a Brown Torn up jacket, his mane is a black and grey combined. His beard about to his chin, Red musty coat with a eye sensor on his left eye. Where a real one should've been. He is a unicorn from what the witness told us."

The part about the eye sensor sent a shiver down Drake's back making him somewhat uncomfortable.

"We shall double the shifts of the guards day and night so we can catch him. I shall have him at his knees for shooting thee."

Drake could understand where she was coming from. She was a mother after all and had to protect her child at all costs.

"Mommy? Can I help? I could make it easier."

Luna shook her head.

"No. We want thou to stay safe until we catch him. Until then thou shall stay under our sight as well."

Drake gaped his mouth of anger, he had to be baby sat by his mom by this. He wanted to show he was tough and brave.

"Mommy, I want to help! Please! I don't want him to get away with this either."

Luna sighs with content, not in the mood to argue.

"Drake. We understand but Thou got shot in the neck by a legend! We want thee to be safe!"

Drake growled under his breath.

"I want to help you! What is so hard about it?"

Luna glared at her son, brows knitted in anger that he was arguing to her about this.

"Thou were almost killed! I won't lose you because I love the hay out of you!"

Drake said something that shocked her, she never thought these words would form from him.

"I AM NO FOAL ANYMORE! I AM NOT WEAK! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!"

Author's Note:

Sorry again this took so long to update. Should have another chapter up later or tomorrow.