• Published 9th Apr 2014
  • 12,311 Views, 280 Comments

Her Child Of The Night - Thefastspark



10 Years since she was released from her curse as Nightmare Moon. 10 Years since Twilight became the new Princess. Never have Luna thought she would actually become a mother. Even when Equestria was attacked by this species before.

  • ...
25
 280
 12,311

Darkened Past

As the night went on, Drake welly rested along side Luna forming small yet steady breaths. Her smile formatted into a low frown. She wanted to know who did this? Why did they do this? so many questions buzzed in her head just made her more angry.

'Do not worry little Drake. We shall find out whom did this and why. And once we do they'll suffer so much pain they never would have thought of.'

Her angered brows relaxed into a lax position. She will have her revenge and will show them true fear. She touched her very gently to not wake her small child up. Although... She did wonder why her seal on the necklace rejected her magic obedience. It was supposed to keep Drake from using it until he truly knew how to use it. Abruptly, she shook her head knowing it would come in time.

She gives a low sigh as her magic glowed a midnight blue. Levitating a small photo to her Right hoove.

"It seemed so long ago, when it was happiness between us and Dear sister. Why of all things, must've we had to do something so stupid to get banished like that?"

Her voice slightly cracked with a sob, a tear slithering down her blue fur falling onto Drake's left hand. Though it woke him up slightly stirring him up to turn his head facing her.

"Mommy? Are you ok?"

He asked wiping her tear off his hand with a look of sympathy on his face.

"Yes sweetie, we art ok."

He raised his head up at her, his brow crooked in worry.

"Sweetie. Hath thou ever heard of our past story, of the 'Mare on the Moon?'"

In all of honesty, he had. For Celestia told him about it.

"Yes Mommy; I have. Why do you ask?"

His voice was low toned and soft, looking into her blue eyes that concealed secrets of her past life.

"Well sweetie, we actually did such of pure hate, jealousy, and most of all... Power. We wanted power."

Drake was so confused on his part. She was already a Princess, what more could she want?

"Mommy, you're a Princess. What else could you want?"

Luna rested her chin on his hair, exhaling deep of her pain.

"Twas at the time we did not want to control. We wanted that power badly, and we became Nightmare Moon because of such. We battled Celestia over it and. And.."

Her eyes filled with tears as the horrible and painful memory materialized in her mind.

"Mommy. I'm here for you now if you need comfort."

Drake said reassuringly. Drake knew full well that Luna suffered from Depression and Sadness so he had to do everything in his power to comfort her.

"We know sweetie, twas a horrible time and place. We shall never think of such power again."

Drake was scared for her, on how it truly affected her and her memories. She looked like the mare to love yet fear.

"Mommy? You don't have to continue."

Luna planted a gentle kiss on top of his head, showing it was ok now.

"We art ok now sweetie. We have thee, Sister and everypony else. We have something to live for now."

Luna said trying to lift his spirits by giving a weak, light smile.

"Anyhow, we were banished to the moon for 1,000 years in order to keep safe and protect the citizens. But, that century art now over."

Drake couldn't help but beam at her tone being like usual. Drake was curious though, wasn't there any other way to help her? Maybe there wasn't, maybe there was. He would never know.

"Mommy? What happened after you gave your time?"

Luna thinks hard about it, thinking how to give him the most right information.

"We were Nightmare Moon at the time of a Summer Sun Celebration. Ponies were gathered there to watch me sister raise the sun for summer but, along we came to spoil it. The elements of harmony or 'Mane 6' came in to stop me at the Element stones, freeing us from our curse."

Drake was imagining it now. 1,000 years of nothing but solitude? It would literally drive him insane. He looked to his right, seeing the gleaming beam that came from the moon to the bedside of Luna.

"Mommy? I love you."

Luna closed her eyes and nuzzled him, creating a small giggle.

"We love thou too Drake. Don't ever forget."

Luna got up, trotting to the bed with Drake tailing behind her.

"Drake. We must ask thee something if thou is ok of the question at hoove."

Drake sat beside her, curling up near her. His curiosity piqued to a point and glanced at her.

"Ok Mommy, what do you need to ask me?"

How did thee get here in Equestria in the first place?"

Drake looked at her, no words forming from his mouth. It was a hard yet personal question.

"I-I don't know mommy. This happened when I was a foal so I'm not sure at all."

He responded as Luna would've thought. He was a newborn at the time, of coarse he wouldn't remember.

Luna sighs deeply and closes her eyes.

"Tis ok, Drake. Thou art right. Thou was a foal at the time so thee wouldn't remember such a thing."

Drake's head hanged low, feeling like he wasn't any help at all.

"Sorry mommy I'm not useful."

Drake said in a saddened, and low tone.

Luna shook her head fast, he didn't know which was alright. It was ok he didn't know.

"Drake... Thou art helpful. Thee just doesn't know how to answer is all, don't worry!"

Drake smiled at her remark, letting him exhale of worry.

"Ok, thanks mommy."

A sudden knock at the door ended the family time. Luna rose her head, looking at the door.

"The door is open. Come in."

A Lunar guard peered in the night. His yellow bat like eyes piercing through the dark.

"Your highness. We have a Unicornia mare that says she may know the attacker of your son."

Author's Note:

I played sad music over this and I am actually crying.. GAHHHHH!!

Sorry there hasn't been an update in such awhile. I was busy with school, homework, chores, family, etc.