• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,072 Views, 149 Comments

Death vs Harmony - The Zebra Hybrid



The horseman, Death, has revived humanity by falling in to the well of souls but he didn't know that the well was a portal to different demensions and now Death is stranded on a strange land.

  • ...
47
 149
 7,072

Trust Issues (Updated)

The six ponies could only just stand at in front of Death with shocked faces an tears in their eyes. Could Death be teling the truth can he really bring back Cadence? Did he just say that just to get on their good side? The main six especially Twilight did not know what to do or say hearing the news from Death. They stood there in tears of joy and confusion until Twilight finally got a hold of her self and broke the silence.

" Come on Death it's not nice to joke a-a-about that." said Twilight trying to hold back the tears again.

" Twilight, I am sorry" said Death as he knelt done to fix his gaze in to Twilight's eyes full of tears, " but I am afraid I don't joke."

" If you knew you could bring her back why didn't you do it back at the castle?"

"Because......." Death was in a stump. He never felt this attatched to any kind of being except for his two brothers and sister, he was slapping himself mentally as the words finally forced out of his mouth,"we werent friends before."

The Mane six's tears suddenly stopped as they looked at Death with agape looks on their faces. Did Death just say what they thought he said? That they were friends, or was he just taking advantage of them just because they were
him free his brother and stop Crowfather and Lillith.

"I am sorry sugrcube, did you just say we were friends?" said Applejack raising her eyebrow

"Yeah I thought you were all big and bad tough guy" Rainbow said glaring daggers at Death

"Why are you calling us friends silly willy, I know were friends but I don't know about the rest." said Pinkie appearing behind Death's shoulder.

Death instantly looked shocked these beings really did trust him like he trusted them looking in his memories about the things he has done in the past.

"I didn't expect you guys too accept my friendship just like that." Death said curiously

"What are you saying darling, we have been friends ever since we saw your memories in that orb." said Rarity, Death simply faced Rarity and stroked her purple mane, giving Rarity a slight blush. "Thank you Rarity,for your kind words and I accept the friendship you six have given me, but what of the other ones back in your civilization." said Deathstanding back up and walking to the carriage while the rest of the mane six climbed in with him . Rainbow simply went to his side and put her hoof on his shoulder as he looked in to her magenta eyes.

"Don't worry dude, I bet Ponyville wouldn't even care about you since your with us."

"Maybe your right equine."

"That's the spirit."


Ponyville

The carriage finally landed in Ponyville where Death stepped out and looked around noticing that the town was desserted, even on the flight here he didn't see a single pegasus flying in the sky. The six stepped out after him noticing the empty town as well. "Where is everyone?" asked Twilight raaising an eyebrow.

"They won't care?" asked Death sarcasticly eyeing Rainbow as she smiled in embarressment,

"Maybe it's a surprise party?!" screamed Pinkie as they waited for about a couple of minutes until she broke the silence, "Nope no party!"

"Forget it Pinkie the equines here will never aceppt after what I had done to Cadence." said Death as he felt Fluttershy by his like a cat.

"Don't worry Death, we trust you but if...um....you want other ponies to trust you, you have to do something kind for them." said Fluttershy . Death simply smiled under his mask, when he then saw a navy blue light from the sky to see the other blue alicorn from the castle with Celestia."She is quite right Death you must do something for my subjects if you want support from them." said the blue alicorn as she landed in front of the group."Princess Luna, what are you doing here?" asked Twilight rushing up to her. "I was called by Tia' to help out our guest with his reputation here in Equestria." said Luna as she walked around Death."No disrespect princess but, how are ya' goin' to do that?" asked Applejack as she furowwed a brow."It is quite simple Applejack, that I don't even need to do anything, by the way a sense a dragon coming here, so I think by him defeating it, he wil automatically gain the trust of our subjects." said Luna.

"DRAGON!!!" the six screamed in unison as Death only looked ore confused.

"What is a dragon?" he asked

"A dragon is one of the most powerful and dangerous creatures in Equestria and known for their bat like wings on their back, their scales that are so tough not even the most powerful of spells could penetrate it, and the fact that they breath......"

"ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAR!!!!!!!'"

The eight quickly turned to see a dragon hovering above them. The mane six took defensive stances while Fluttershy hid behind a nearby cart. The ponies were about to charge only to be stopped by Luna."Do not interfere my little ponies, this test is for Death and for Death alone. Death simply nodded as he walked to the dragon as it landed with a thunderish sound.

"What kind of creature is this? Tell me who you are before I end your life!"the dragon asked in a booming voice.

"I am Death, the second rider of the four horsemen, and you will regret threatning me beast!" Death snapped back as he got in his defensive stance with his sythes.

"So be it!!!"said the dragon charging Death. The dragon suddenly stopped in front of Death and sent a blast of flames from his mouth sening Death flying and hit the side of the building. The mane 6(except Fluttershy) tried to rush in and help thier friend, only to be stopped by Luna.

"No my friends, Death must do this alone." Luna said as the ponies started to step back and continuing observing the fight. Death slowly got to his feet as he got in to his defensive stance once again. The dragon was some what impessed that Death had survived his attack and is getting back up like it was nothing.

"I have to admt creature you are stronger than I thought but eiher way you will have a slow and painful death." said the dragon as he charged again. "We'll see about that" said Death as he morphed his sythes in to his hammer as he slammed it on the dragon's jaw. The dragon tumbled across the ground and hit a nearby building. Death than morphed his hammer into his to his two sythes and leaped to end the beast only to get smacked away by it's tail and to be grabbed by the beast's claw and got slammed in to the ground. The dragon then began to erupt flames from his mouth but due to Death's quick reflexes he stabbed the dragons hand releasing his grip and dropping Death. The dragon roared in pain and clutching his bloodied hand as the citizens of Ponyville slowly crept out thier hiding spaces and were awestruck to see the murderer of one of thier princesses protecting them from the dragon menace. The crowd of ponies then started to cheer as Death took on the dragon.

"Seems like the ponies of Ponyville are starting to trust Death, princess." said Twilight with a huge grin on her face.

"Yeah do you see how he is handling that ruffian " said Rarity.

The ponies continued to watch in awe as the two fought it slicing, kicking , punching and dodging until Death thought it was time to end it. The dragon tried o squash Death under his feet but Death simply dodged every strike he could throw at him. Death then morphed bissythes and made his double bladed staff and leaped on the back of the dragon slicing of both of its wings.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" roard the dragon in pain as Death leaped from his back and landed in front of the dragon and put his sithes away.

"I am giving you one chance to walk out of here with the rest of your limbs so I reccomend you leave this town and not bother these equines again." Death said in a coldly voice.

"You think you have the upper hand rider of death but you are farly mistaken. Lillith and Crowfather has a new ally and will make you suffer while you watch this world burn to nothing but ash!" sreamed the dragon.

"Too bad you won't be around to see it!" exclaimed Death as purple smoke surrounded his body and a purple light that blinded everypony in town. When the light went away Death was transformed in to a hooded figure with heavy robes, skeletal like gaunlets, bony wings, anda massive sythe with engraved skulls on it. The ponies all gasped at what they saw but Luna and Twilight was more surprised because they could sense the power he possesse. The dagon had a hated look on his face but in his eyes Death could only see fear and he liked it. Gripping his Sythe he rushed to the dragoncutting of both of his arms and impaling the dragon in the back of his neck until the dragon stopped moving and lied there dead in the center of town. Purple smoke began to surround Death again as he took his normal form and fell to his knees panting. He slowly got to his feet as the citizens of ponyville cheered his name and stared gathering around him.

"Seems like I finally gained the trust of the equines." said Death as he watched seven familiar ponies walk up to him.

"WOW! Death that dragon was like roar and you were like haaaa! and I was like cool and everyone else was like...." Pinkie then had a hoof over her mouth.

"What she is trying to say his thanks for taking care of the dragon and earning the trust of the citizens of Equestria." said Twilight

"um mister death..... i was just wondering.......if you know how to bring cadence back...if you don't mind telling us." said Fluttershy hiding behind her mane.

"Of course first I need the heart of a furocius beast," said Death as he walked over to the fallen dragon and putting his hand threw it's chest and taking out its heart,"check, all I need is the flower of souls and the blood of disharmony. I suggest we go get the flower first.." explained Death putting the heart in his pouch.

"Well that doesn't seem so hard." said Applejack

"I agree with AJ all we have to do is pick a simple flower." boasted Rainbow

"Don't get to cocky Rainbow there could be dangers along the way." said Luna

"The princess is right demons probally know what we are up to and wil probably try to stop us and who knows they are probably watching us right now." said Twilight.

"Twilight is right if you want your friend back we must leave now." Death said as he walked inside the carriage the ponies simply nodded and followed but stopped to see Luna not following. "Luna darling are you not coming?" said Rarity with concern." I am sorry dear Rarity but I can't . If these so called Demons are a threat I have to stay and help Celestia watch over the land from further attacks." said Luna with a straight voice.

"Alright princess we will come back once we have Cadence."Said Twilight as the rest of the mares boarded the carriage with Death.

"Good luck Princess Twilight and be safe." replied Luna. Twilight then nodded and went inside the carriage as Fluttershy and Rainbow flew off pulling it behind them.

"So Death where do we find this flower of souls?" asked Aj raising an eyebrow

"Keep heading west until we hit a wasteland then keep going straight until we hit a mountain that looks like a termite hill." said Death as the mane 6 gave him terrified looks,"What?" he simply asked.

"Nothing it's just that the place we are going to belongs to an insect like queen that onced tried to take over Equestria." said Twilight sternly

"What is her name?"

"queen Chrisalys."


Badlands

"So why have you led us here?" asked Crowfather walking next to Lillitha and a mysterious being.

"This is where the man so called Death will come and where I will have ny revenge on Princess Twlight." said the mysterious being.

"Well at leat he gets the job done crowfather." said Lillith mocking Crowfather. "Well at leats I didn't let them get away over some damn bell!" Crowfather roared back.

The mysterious being stomped his hoof on the ground making the land shake and grabbing their necks."I had enough of your bickering so for now on I will be taking command and if you defy my I wil certainy send both of you to Tartarus to rot for eternity! But for now send some of your demons here to retrieve the flower of souls." the two fell silent .

"DO I make myself clear?" said the mysterious being. Crowfather and Lillith was dropped to thier knees and looked up.

"Yes Lord Tirek" They both said as the three dissapered leaving a squad of demons flying towards the castle of the changelings for the flower of souls and lunch.

Author's Note:

There we go, Tirek is back and is now leading Lillith, Crowfather and there band of Demons. Will Death and the mane 6 retrieve the flower find out next chapter. Good, Bad, typos, like or dislike, leave a comment below,