• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 7,066 Views, 149 Comments

Death vs Harmony - The Zebra Hybrid



The horseman, Death, has revived humanity by falling in to the well of souls but he didn't know that the well was a portal to different demensions and now Death is stranded on a strange land.

  • ...
47
 149
 7,066

The Unkown Realm (Edited)

The Well of Souls

The horseman, Death, has just fought through ancient realms such has the corrupted Heaven, Hell, the Tree of Life and the destroyed Kingdom of Man to resurrect Earth and save his fellow horseman War. Death now walks towards the Well of Souls only to meet by Absalom, Death's brother who corrupted these realms. Now Death must face Absalom to resurrect humanity and save his brother ,War, from being sent to oblivion.....but if he does will he face something more difficult or will he fail and watch more realms destroyed and corrupted by Absalom and watch War be consumed by the council...........


Equestria

It was a bright sunny day as a white rabbit goes in an open grass field, trying to get space from his owner trying to give him a bath. He slowly hopped through the field until he heard the voice of his owner call out his name, "Angel, Angel? It's time for your bath, please come out we have to be with Twilight, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity for the pet picnic. Please." said a yellow and pink figure with a whispered voice walking through bushes trying to find her lost pet. Angel quickly jumped in the tall grass until he saw her walk past. He slowly peeked out and saw she was gone, Angel hopped out only to hear a strange sound in the sky. He then saw a green and turquoise vortex form in the clouds as the sky became dark. A grayish bipedal being fell from the vortex to the field below along with a mask that looked like a long oval, like skull.

Death slowly came as he got up and looked at his surroundings to see where the Well of souls sent him. He then saw his mask next to his foot as he almost stepped on it. Death picked up his lost mask and examined it confusingly. How did it get here, did he give to Crowfather before he fell in the Well of Souls? Unless his job wasn't finished! Death put on his masks and screams with rage in the air.

"Arrrrrrggggghhhhhh! Humanity isn't restored, but why I fell in the Well of Souls! What else do I need to do!?" Death fell to his knees as he pounded the ground in anger until he heard Crowfathers voice. Death stopped and took out his two scythes as he saw Crowfather spirit rise from the ground. Death was about to strike when Crowfather put his hand up to stop him.

"Easy Rider of Death, I did not betray as you think." Crowfather slowly put his hand down as did Death with his weapons.

"Then why is humanity still lay in ruin?" Death asked concerned.

"The final task to bring back the Kingdom of man is in this very realm."

"What is it?"

"There is four crowns on four rulers you must kill in order to combine their powers to spread light all across the realms that was created by the maker himself."

"Where do I start?"

"Why don't you ask the locals? There is a cottage nearby her and by my theories whoever lives there will help you find the four, but do not mention the deaths of them. They might not look it, but this is a strong race and will do anything to preserve their rulers"

"Yes Crowfather, which way do I go?"

"Keep heading North you will soon find the cottage." Death nodded and walked off as the spirit of the Crowfather slowly descended into the ground. Death slowly summoned a skeletal like bronco with light green flames as a mane and tail as he rode off for the cottage Crowfather spoke of.


The Cottage

Angel got caught by his owner about fifteen minutes ago as he was being dragged back to her cottage. His owner was a yellow pegasus with a long pink mane and big blue eyes. They walked in the cottage as the pegasus put Angel in a hot tub of water with soap as she scrubbed him singing a little toon. That is until she heard a ghostly yell from a horse as she heard stop in front of her door. She whimpered a she slowly went to door until she heard a knock and backed away. "Is anyone there, I need directions.' said a manly voice. The pegasus assumed it was a stallion so she took a deep breath in relief as she opened the door to see a gray bipedal creature with long black hair and a skeleton mask and to her surprising she saw a bony horse with green flames the size of Celestia. Death looked confused to see this creature, he had heard the Kingdom of Man talk about these beings long ago and they called them 'ponies'. Death finally broke the silence with a simple question.

"I am Death, who are you and where is the nearest town." The yellow pegasus gulped as she stared in the eyes of Death, literally, as she regained her voice as she finally spoke.

"My name is f-f-fluttershy, and the n-n-nearest town is p-p-ponyville." Fluttershy said with a frightening look in her eyes as if she thought the bronco next to death would attack her anytime if he gave the command. Death looked at the fear in her eyes as he remembered that fear as he slain his enemies in the other realms he was in.

"Thank you Fluttershy", said Death "I will take my leave."

"WAIT!" screamed Fluttershy as Death turned back around and continued, "mm-m-may I ask you're h-h-here?"

Death was about to reach for one of his scythes as he heard Crowfather’s words echo through his head, ‘do not mention the deaths of the four rulers unless your mission will result in failure'. Death slowly removed his hand and said "You will see soon enough little yellow one." Death slowly got on top of his horse and road of towards the town called 'Ponyville'.

Fluttershy was agape when he jumped on the ghostly horses back to ride to her home town she hadn't see anypony (or anyone) ride another nopony like that. Fluttershy quickly took Angel and flew out her back door avoiding the strange creature, it was lucky Death took the long way to Ponyville instead of the short way.


Ponyville, Twilight's Library

Fluttershy flew to front door of the tree house as she pounded on the door as hard she could until a lavender alicorn with a purple mane and tail with a pink strip walked out, it was Twilight.

Twilight saw Fluttershy about to burst into tears when she saw her and was about to ask her what was wrong until she hear the rest of her friends in her home come out. They were a cyan pegasus with a rainbow mane named Rainbow Dash, a marshmallow unicorn with a stylish purple mane and tail named Rarity, an orange earth pony with a blonde mane and tail with a cowboy hat named Applejack, a pink earth pony with a puffy mane and tail named Pinkie Pie, and to Fluttershy's surprise she saw another alicorn who was pink with a purple, green, and blue mane named Cadence.

"Fluttershy! Are you ok?!" they all said with concerned looks in their eyes."What happened?" Fluttershy was about to answer when she heard screams behind her. All the mares turned around to see Death on his bony horse clutching his scythes with angered looks in his eyes. The mares except Rainbow Dash of course who looked in hate as well.

"I'm going to pound this thing for scaring my friends" Rainbow screamed as she flew towards Death.

"Wait, Rainbow," Applejack tried calling her friend but it was too late Rainbow Dash instantly bucked Death in the chest when he flew off his horse. His horse vanished back in to the ground as Death thought to himself as he got up 'Crowfather wasn't kidding about me underestimating them guess asking is out of the question'. Just then Rainbow was about to Buck him again until Death grabbed her neck and threw her in to a carriage.

"Wow Rainbow that was really really cool, but you kind of messed up when he grabbed you." Pinkie said as she helped rainbow Dash. Twilight looked at the figure walking with both of his scythes in his hands as he walked slowly towards them until he stopped.

"Who are you and why are you doing this?" Twilight asked with tears forming in her eyes when she saw Rainbow limping with a broken wing, twisted ankle, and bruises on her neck where death has grabbed her. She hated seeing her friends in pain. Cadence saw that Twilight couldn't talk anymore and look to the rest of her remaining friends waiting to attack this creature for attacking Rainbow Dash and for making Twilight cry.

Cadence then motioned them to stop. "It's ok, I'll handle this, go comfort Twilight and Rainbow Dash, this shouldn't take long."
The elements tried to talk Cadence out of what she was doing but she had already walked toward the creature with serious looks in her eyes ready for anything this gray bipedal could throw at her. Death was still looking her up and down, he then noticed her crown on her head when he realized 'she is one of the rulers'. Death finally started to walk forward until he stopped again by the sound of Cadence's voice.

"Leave this place creature for you have hurt my friends and terrorized this lovely town, or I will be forced to bring you down." Cadence threatened as she heard ponies cheering her name, the Crystal Princess. Death didn't listen to her warning, he couldn't leave he needed her soul and crown for humanity and his brother, so he got in his defensive stance.

"Very well, then!" Cadence roared as she charged him with all the ponies cheering even the mane six was screaming her name.

Death charged the opposite direction as the ponies waited to see the most epic battle that happened in Equestria since Nightmare Moon.

How wrong they were when they were surprised what happened next.

Death and Cadence got closer and closer. Cadence's horn glowed bright as a blinding light shot out blinding them. Cadence and Death passed each other but it was so fast nopony knew what happened. Twilight looking confused as she saw Death in his defensive position facing her and her friend's while Cadence was standing straight up, her back facing them.

"What happened they just ran past each other none of them even landed an attack?" Twilight said trying to figure out an explanation on what just happened. She then was in shock as she saw Princess Cadenece's crown in one of his hands and that’s when it hit her something did happen it was just so fast nopony could see it. Twilight then looked over to Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity with tears in their eyes as they were staring at Cadence. Twilight saw Cadence and tears began to fill her eyes too as well as the other ponies in the town. Death stood up and stared at the mane 6 and turned back to Cadence............

Who had fallen to the ground with her head rolling of her body to Death's feet?

Author's Note:

Wow Deat took out Cadence with one blow, well that is one down three to go, but how would Twilight and her friends react to this event will they attack with no remorse or will they sit there and cowar in fear as they watch Death search and kill the last remaining three Princess's.

And what about Death will he ressurect hunanity and save his brother or will he fail and be stuck here forever

How could the story be better? Like it? Have any Ideas for the other chapters? Leave a comment below.