• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 2,370 Views, 43 Comments

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny - BlueSun52



Peace once again is restored to Equestria, but now a new threat lingers in the shadows and it is up to the Guardian to protect the land once more with a new ally on his side.

  • ...
18
 43
 2,370

A Twist of Destiny

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny
Chapter 1
A Twist of Destiny

Alright, where should I began? I guess introduction is in order here. Hi, my name is Dawn Hawke Gregory, Guardian of Equestria, savior and protector of Ponyville, and more notably known for being the only human in the entire world. I'm here to give you a quick summary of how I came to be here and how I came to be today. My sweet Twiliy, suggested I write down a journal about myself to preserve historical facts or something like that I don't know. She kinda forced me to do it since she was busy with royal duties and princess stuff. Oh, I should mention that she became a princess just recently. Before she became one she was just your ordinary unicorn girl who was being trained by one of the co-rulers of Equestria and was incredibly gifted with magic.......Actually now that I pointed that out, she's not really that ordinary, but she diffidently didn't have any wings then though. She's now what you would call an Alicorn. But enough about her for now, this journal suppose to be about me anyway. If I stay off course for too long she'll get mad at me.....Actually she'll get mad at me for doing this part, so it's a lose-lose situation.

Anyways, here is my story in a nutshell. One day back in my world, I was just a simple young adult just trying to get some milk, until a car came out of nowhere and ran over me. In case you don't know what a car is, it's a metal box that runs on fuel gas that we mostly find in the ground, from old bones that were in the ground for too long. Like I was saying, it ran me over and killing me in the process. You're probably wondering why I'm alive writing this all down for you. Well it was by chance that a strange voice brought me to life and sent me to Equestria in the first place. I don't know who this voice was or what it was, but if it wasn't for that voice I wouldn't be here today. The voice sent me to Equestria, while Twilight was doing a summoning spell that brought me here and I soon developed magical abilities of which neither both worlds has ever seen before.

After I came into this world, I met Twilight and Spike for the first time and soon I met the rest of their or should I say our friends. Rainbow Dash, the most cocky mare I had ever seen in my life. She can be stubborn most of the time and doesn't really like to play by the rules that well. But she is a good person and she is a very loyal friend at that. Applejack, Ponyville's down home cowgirl and the most honest mare you can find. Seriously, she's so honest that every time she lies she makes a scrunchy face and doesn't look you in the eye. Fluttershy, yep the name gives you the idea about her. Shyest mare you ever meet, but I guess that's what makes her the kindest pony you'll ever meet in your life. Rarity, in the words of my pal, Spike he would call her the most beautiful and graces pony you would have laid eyes on. She is of course no doubt the most generous one as well. And there's Pinkamena Diane Pie, but we call her Pinkie Pie for short. She is no doubt the craziest, party-obsess, sugar-loving pony that would always make everything fun just by smiling at you and always knows how to throw a wicked party and somepony with the ability to break the very laws of physics and time.

Later on, I found out that I was part of an ancient prophecy that involved when there would be a red moon that comes to Equestria and a dark and powerful creature would be able to use its magic to be powerful enough to enslave Equestria and take over the world for a thousand years of darkness. I accepted the task of becoming the hero of that prophecy and had to fight many abominable creatures and one time, a evil version of myself that were trying to stop me. When the day came, I was ready to give it my all and fought to my last breath to stop it. In the end, I won that battle and all of Equestria was saved. But I do fear on this day though, that my old enemies are still plotting against me for revenge or try to resurrect their fallen master's plan.

But, I will stay vigilante and watch over everypony here and make sure no pony gets hurt because of these people. I will use my magic against them and stop them no matter the cost. I am a protector, I am a hero, and I am the guar-


"HAWKE! HAWKE, ARE YOU IN THERE?" Twilight shouted as she was knocking on the door across the room.

Hawke let out a sigh. He had placed down the quill next to his journal that he was working on. He got up from his chair and grabbed his white cloak with his new outfit that his dear friend, Rarity had made for him during royal visits in Canterlot. He then went over to the door and opened it to see a lavender skinned girl.She was wearing a royal outfit that was the color of dark pink color with yellow trimmings and was wearing a crown with serial different star gems in it. "Hey Twiliy, is there something wrong?" he asked.

Twilight looked up to the white haired man that she had fallen in love with and said to him, "There you are! Do you know what time it is?"

"It's....10:30?" Hawke replied with confusion.

"Exactly, you were suppose to attend the royal submit with me," Twilight explained. "Now we're going to be late!"

Hawke put his left hand behind his head and gave out a weak smile. "Sorry about that, I lost track of time."

"*Sigh* Do you know how important it is to keep up appearance? Not to mention that I'm a princess now and I can't be late for these sort of things. I know that you don't like any of this stuff, but please bare with it."

"I know, I know and I'm sorry that I give you such a hard time with it. You know you can go without me, right?"

"I know that, but what kind of a marefriend would I be if I just let you have fun all the time?" Twilight replied giving an evil smirk.

"Good point," Hawke laughed and gave Twilight a kiss on her lips.

"Now come on, we better not let those politicians wait on us. You know how they get when somepony gets late," Twilight said grabbing hold onto Hawke's hand and guiding him along the way.

Hawke let out a small sigh and smiled at the girl of his dreams as she was motioning him towards the meeting.


A few hours had passed and Twilight and Hawke were now exiting the meeting room with the other royals and politicians. Hawke had the looked as if he was looking at dry paint for hours on end with no end in sight, while Twilight kept her composure up and looked as if she was never tired in the first place.

Hawke looked over to her and asked, "How can you deal with all that?"

"I guess I'm just used to it," Twilight said giving a shrug.

"Well, that meeting should have ended at least an hour ago, but that Blueblood guy had to complain about paying his taxes," Hawke said. Hawke was aware of Blueblood after Rarity had told him what he was like when she first met him at the Gala and how he treated her. Hawke didn't like men that treated women like objects when they were in fact living people as well and deserved to be treated like anyone else. Blueblood even attempted to court with Twilight sometime after she became a princess and was aware of the relationship between Hawke and her. Hawke put a quick end to that when he turned Blueblood's coat into pink.

"Well he does complain about everything he can," Twilight said.

"Let's just get back to our rooms, so I can get some sleep."

"Are you sure that's all you wanted to do tonight~?" Twilight asked giving a seductive look towards Hawke.

Hawke looked at Twilight with confusion and replied, "Yeeeaaaah, what else would we be doing?"

Twilight gave Hawke an confused look as well. "Well....you know....something fun," she replied once again giving her seductive look.

Hawke rubbed his chin for a moment and asked, "Like what?"

Twilight then changed her expression to an annoyed one. "You know, the kind of fun between what couples do."

"I have no idea what you're talking about now," Hawke replied bluntly.

Twilight gave herself a smack on the forehead. "Never mind."

"Umm Okay?"

They then continued on the way back to their respected rooms.


They then made it to their rooms that were next to one another. Hawke looked over to Twilight and said, "Goodnight Twiliy, I love you."

Twilight looked back at her loved one and replied, "Goodnight and I love you too."

They soon both gave each other their last kiss for the night and entered their rooms.

When Hawke soon got to his room, he threw over his cloak over by a nearby chair and just jumped on his bed skipping the part where he would change out of his outfit. He soon closed his eyes and began his long night of relaxation.

Twilight had entered her room and used her magic to quickly change her royal outfit into her nightgown. She climbed into her bed and grabbed one of her books from the nearby table. She then started to read 'The theory between magic and science' book and began her long night of relaxation.


Earth

It was usual night for Sparrow as he was walking down the long narrow walkway in the park. He was a young teen boy with blonde hair and green eyes. Wearing blue jeans with black shoes and wore a black shirt with a yellow jacket over it. He continued walking down the path as he always has since.......he lost his brother almost a year ago. Sparrow had always felt alone since he and his brother had lost their parents when they were both young, but his brother would always keep him company when he needed it and would always feel joy being around him all the time. But now with his brother gone, he now feels completely alone and there was no one to keep him smiling or at least keep him company. Living with his grandparents was alright of course, but it just wasn't the same for him. He did the best he could after his brother died and kept on going. It was the least he could do for his brother.

As Sparrow was walking, he noticed a well nearby that he had never seen before. 'Huh, that's new. When did they put this up?' he thought to himself. He went over to it and looked down into it. 'Can't see how long it is, but since it's dark now I suppose that would make since. Though I do wonder how deep it is and how could I have not notice this before? I walked through here a lot and I hadn't notice and construction going on around here.' All of a sudden, he felt a pushing force against his back and he soon fell into the well. He let out a scream as he was falling and thought he was going to die when he reach the ground, but the well was deeper than any well should be deep. He look down to see that there was another hole on the other side and soon found himself flying....out of another well? He was flying through the sky until he came tumbling down onto the ground unconscious.


Sparrow started to open his eyes as he was hearing chirping of birds and the sun was shinning on him. He got up with his head throbbing with pain and looked around his surroundings. He was not doubt in some kind of swamp-like forest and couldn't figure out where he was. He started to panic a bit when he came to a realization that he wasn't where he was anymore. 'What the heck is going on?' he thought. 'This isn't Texas, where am I? Okay, okay, now is not the time to panic. Gotta think straight.' He then looked back at the well and rubbed his chin for a moment. 'Maybe whatever this well is, it can take me back where I was before. It's at least worth a try.' He then sat at the edge of the well and got ready to jump.

'Okay, I can do this. On three....one.....two.........two and a half......THREE!'

Sparrow then jumped into the well.

*CRACK*

"AAAA! MY LEGS!"

After an hour of recovering in the well and then another hour of climbing out of the well, Sparrow decided to explore his surroundings since his first plan didn't go so well. He moved through the bushes and pass by the branches as he kept moving in some random direction, keeping a close watch for signs or marks that would lead him back to the well in case he got lost on the way. So much time had passed until he finally came into a large clearing and walked out of the forest. He then looked around to see a bunch of apple tress all around him and far in the distance there was a large red barn.

'Finally! At least there somebody around here that could help me' Sparrow thought to himself. He then looked around to see a nearby treehouse and walked over to it. 'That looks cool, besides the heart shape holes in the door and windows, but still cool......Wait, is that another part of the treehouse there?' There was a small wood box on top of the tree that acted as if it was a watchtower. 'Okay, that just awesome right there.'

Sparrow then heard a voice. "LOOK OUT BELOW!"

Sparrow turned his head towards the voice to see three girls hurdling towards him in a hang glider. His pupils shrunk. "Ah oh."

*CRASH*

"Ow."

Under the remains of the hang glider one of the girls got out from under it. "Well, hang gliding didn't work," she said while everything was feeling dizzy to her. She had spiky purple mane and orange skin fur. She wore a yellow shirt with blue jeans and had a pair of orange wings on her back.

Another one of the girls climbed out of it and said, "Ah think we should do less dangerous stuff that involves flying." She had long red mane with a bow on top and yellow skin fur. She was wearing a green shirt with blue jeans.

"Agreed."

The red mane girl looked around for a moment and asked, "Hey, where's Sweetie Belle?"

"Eeehhhh...I'm under here," said the voice under the remains of the hang glider.

The two girls then started to move the glider off of their friend and after they did that, they saw their friend on top of somepony else that was unconscious.

"What the hay is that?" the purple mane girl asked.

"I don't know, Scootaloo but......Wait, he looks almost like Hawke."

"Are you sure, Applebloom? He looks a bit....well actually a lot smaller than Hawke is and he has blonde hair."

"Eh girls, I think he's waking up," Sweetie Belle said.

Sparrow's eyes started to open up a bit and everything was blurry to him. He felt something heavy on top of his stomach and looked up to see a girl on him. But she was no ordinary girl as she had white fur all over her body and had a horn on her forehead. She was wearing a white jacket with a blue shirt under it and was wearing a blue skirt with purple flower designs on it. What really attracted his attention was her pale, harlequin green eyes as he was staring at her. In the back of his mind, all he could think of was how cute they looked on her. There was an awkward silence between the four and Sparrow decided to break the ice by saying, "Ummm, Hi?"

"Hello?" Sweetie Belle replied with confusion.

"What's your name?"

"Sweetie Belle. What's your name?"

"My name is Sparrow." There was another moment of silence until Sparrow asked, "Can you get off of me, please?"

Sweetie Belle blushed and quickly got off the boy looking away from him with embarrassment.

Applebloom walked up to and held out her hand in front of Sparrow. "Do you need a hand?" she asked.

Sparrow simply nodded and grabbed onto the hand. Applebloom pulled him up and said, "My name is Applebloom and this here is Scootaloo." She pointed to where Scootaloo was.

Scootaloo lifted up her right hand and waved at Sparrow. "Hey there." she said.

"Hi. Umm if you guys don't mind me asking, but what exactly are you?" Sparrow asked as he looked at all the girls.

"Well, we're ponies. Can't you tell?" Applebloom replied.

"Not really no. The only kinds of ponies I know of is that they're usually have four legs and a muzzle. Not standing on two legs and can talk," Sparrow explained.

"What? That's ridicules. That's just an urban legend made up by scientist," Scootaloo commented.

Sparrow looked at Scootaloo with a puzzled look. 'Ridicules? Urban legend? Made up? What the heck did I get myself into? This seems like something my brother would get into,' he thought to himself. He then notice that each of them was different. The one named Scootaloo had a pair of wings on her back, Sweetie Belle had a white horn on her forehead, and Applebloom seemed like a normal person (Or what counts as normal in this case.) "How come one of you has a horn and the other one has a wing?" he asked.

"Well duh, I'm a pegasus," Scootaloo replied showing off her wings.

"And I'm a unicorn. We can be able to use magic," Sweetie explained.

'Magic?' Sparrow began to think to himself. 'This just getting better and better,' he said sarcastically. He looked over to Applebloom and asked, "What about you?"

"Ah'm just a regular earthpony, but that just means Ah'm tha strongest one," Applebloom replied.

"Huh?"

"Oh right, you're new. Let me explain," Applebloom said. "Earthponies can have immense strength so we can harvest and plant everything on the earth."

"Pegasi can control the weather and live on clouds," Scootaloo started explaining. "That also means that we can resist high amount of lightning, but it can still hurt though."

"And like I said, unicorns can use magic and we use them to help us in our daily lives," Sweetie Belle finish.

"I see. Where am I exactly?"

"You're in the kingdom of Equestria," Sweetie Belle answered.

"......Really?" Sparrow asked in disbelieve.

"What?"

"You guys named your kingdom based on an equine pun?"

"Well....It just always been like that."

"Yeah, besides what kind of a name is Sparrow anyway?" Scootaloo asked. "That's just a type of bird."

"Hey, it pretty cool name," Sparrow said defensively.

Scootaloo rolled her eyes and asked, "Anyways, are you a human or something?"

Sparrow was actually surprised that she would know what species he was. "Yeah, I am. How did you know? Are there others like me?"

"No, but there is one who's one of our best pals and not ta mention his Equestria's guardian," Applebloom explained.

"Really? Who is he," Sparrow asked curiously.

"His name is-"

*BOOM*

"WHAT THE HAY WAS THAT?!?" Applebloom shouted as an explosion erupted in the distance.

The four looked over to the town of Ponyville and saw clouds of smoke coming from the town.

"Something happening down there in Ponyville," Sweetie Belle stated.

"You named your town Ponyville?" Sparrow asked raising an eyebrow with even more disbelieve.

"Would you shut up and just follow us," Scootaloo said and started to take the lead towards the town.

The other two girls shrugged and started to follow Scootaloo leaving behind Sparrow to himself for a moment. He looked back and forth between the forest that he came from and the town that was in front of him. He gave out a sigh and said to himself, "I'll probably regret this." He then went to follow the girls towards town.


Sparrow and the girls were now in the the town and they soon went over to where the smoke was coming from. Sparrow put on his hoodie to make sure no one would pay attention to him and reveal the fact that he's human until he knows what to do. When they got closer, Sparrow look to see a building that looked like it was completely made out of gingerbread. Smoke was coming from the building and the Cakes were outside with their children in their arms.

Applebloom walked over to the married couple and asked, "Mr. and Mrs. Cake, what happened here?"

Mr. Cake looked over to Applebloom and replied, "We don't know."

"One minute everything was fine and the next there was an explosion that came from the kitchen," Mrs. Cake finished.

"I think Pinkie Pie was in the kitchen when it happened. Has anypony seen her?" Mr. Cake asked looking around.

On cue, a pink furred girl came walking out wearing a light blue shirt with a pink heart on it and a small skirt with the same color, covered in black ashes. She came falling on her back in front of the other and they soon came around you to see if she was okay.

"Pinkie Pie! Are you alright?" Mrs. Cake asked concernedly.

"*Cough* Yep, I'm okie dokie loki," Pinkie Pie said with a smile.

"What happened in there?" Mr. Cake asked.

"Well, I was trying a new recipe that I came up with and tried all kinds of things to make it. At first it wasn't working, but then I decided to try some science like Twilight does, so I borrowed some of her equipment from her lab that she told me never to go to whenever she's gone to Canterlot or some other place. But I couldn't wait too long, because it was like a super cool awesome idea that I had to try right then and there. Everything was working out great until the part that it exploded! Did you guys see the explosion? It was like 'BANG' and everything was dizzy for a bit," Pinkie explained.

Everypony let out a sigh and Sweetie Belle said, "Well at least worst part is over."

"Oh that's not the worst part," Pinkie stated.

"Huh?" Everypony said in unison including Sparrow.

"That's the worst part." Pinkie pointed towards the shop.

On cue a giant pink blob came crashing throw the front door and it soon formed a giant face with two eye sockets and formed a large mouth. It let out a horrifying roar and everypony screamed to the top of their lungs. Everypony soon started to run for there lives from the blob creature. The blob then formed two arms and grabbed Pinkie. She let out a terrified scream for scream.

"HANG ON! I'LL SAVE YOU," Sparrow shouted and ran towards the blob.

"SPARROW, WAIT!" Sweetie Belle shouted.

Sparrow got close to the blob and threw a fist towards the creature's stomach. But when he hit it, his fist went right into it. He and the blob looked at each other and Sparrow let out a weak chuckle. The blob let out another roar and grabbed him. It soon threw him to the air and he crashed landed on a nearby cabbage stall.

"MY CABBAGES!" shouted the owner.

The girls ran over to Sparrow to make sure that he was alright. Sweetie Belle lifted up his torso and asked, "Sparrow, are you alright?"

"Sort of," Sparrow answered while he was in a daze.

The blob let out a triumph roar and still was holding onto Pinkie.

"I'm sorry that I brought you to live, Mr. Blob!" Pinkie pleaded. "If you want, I can still make you into that super awesome tasty double decker strawberry cake like I planned."

The blob let out an angry roar and was about to put Pinkie in his mouth.

"Well, I guess since that's your answer........HHHEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!"

Then from out of nowhere, a flash of blue energy came towards the blob and it soon blow up the arm that Pinkie was on. Pinkie soon landed on her rump and let out a "Oof" sound. She turned to see a figure wearing a dark blue jacket with a hood over his head and black pants. He was wearing a pair of sliver gauntlet with moon shaped sapphires on them and silver metal boots. Around his neck was a silver lace with a six pointed pink star and held a long staff with a blue orb on the top.

He began walking towards the blob and was twirling his staff around in a circle. He spoke up and said, "Man I used to think that you were suppose to eat pastries not the other way around, Pinkie."

Pinkie's eyes grow wide with joy. "HAWKE!" she shouted gleefully.

Sparrow eyes widen at the mention of the figures name and looked directly at him. 'Hawke?' He thought to himself. 'No, it can't be.'

The blob let out a roar and slithered towards Hawke very quickly. Hawke stopped twirling his staff and pointed towards the blob. He gathered his magic into his staff's orb and fired a ball of blue fire towards the creature and completely incinerating it into ashes. Everypony let out a joyous cheer for Hawke and quickly gathered around him.

As Hawke was being surrounding by everypony, Applebloom came up to him and said, "Hawke, our new friend got hurt when he was trying to help Pinkie."

Hawke looked up to the hooded Sparrow and removed his own hood to reveal his face. Sparrow eyes widen even more as he almost recognized Hawke. 'No way.....He looks almost like him. NO! IT CAN'T BE HIM, HE'S DEAD! GONE! IT CAN'T BE HIM, HE JUST CAN'T BE!'

After talking with Applebloom for a moment, Hawke walked over to Sparrow and knelt down to his eye level. "Applebloom told me that you tried to save Pinkie Pie. That was a brave thing to do," He said. "While I don't normally like a kid to fight something like that, but it was the right thing to do at the time." Hawke gave a smile to kid that was in front of him.

"Well umm....No problem," Sparrow said trying to avoid eye contact with Hawke under his hood.

Hawke was puzzled by Sparrow's reaction and not looking at him at all. "Are you okay?" He asked. "You didn't get hurt do you?"

"N-No, I'm fine, really."

"Are you sure, Sparrow?" Sweetie Belle asked. "You sounded fine just a moment ago."

Hawke's eyes suddenly widen at the name. "Sparrow? Did you say Sparrow?" he asked Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah, why do you ak-"

Before Sweeite Belle could finish, Hawke quickly grabbed Sparrow's hood and moved it to revealed his face. When he did that, Hawke's was shock to see the face of the boy.

"No," Hawke started to say. "It can't be."

"It can't be what, Hawke?" Scootaloo asked. "Do you know him?"

Hawke didn't look away from Sparrow and replied, "Yes, He's....He's my-"

"I'm his brother," Sparrow finished.

End of Chapter

Author's Note:

Edit: I added "somepony with the ability to break the very laws of physics and time" for Pinkie thanks to NeoNefario's advisement.