• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 2,368 Views, 43 Comments

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny - BlueSun52



Peace once again is restored to Equestria, but now a new threat lingers in the shadows and it is up to the Guardian to protect the land once more with a new ally on his side.

  • ...
18
 43
 2,368

Returning Evil (Edit)

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny
Chapter 7
Returning Evil

In the highest tower of the castle of Canterlot, Princess Celestia watches over the kingdom of Equestria while night has consumed the skies. She had a worried expression on her that had plagued her for a while and kept a watchful eye over her home. Walking behind her was her sister, Luna.

Luna approached Celestia with a puzzled look. "Sister, will you not be resting tonight? You have an important meeting with some of the nobles tomorrow," she said.

Celestia looked over Luna. "I'm sorry, Luna. I had not planned to stay up for so long, but I sense that something is amiss," she explained.

"What do you mean?"

Celestia once again looked back to her kingdom. "I feel like as if a darkness is growing. One that is of anger and hunger for power. Can you not sense this as well?"

"Truth be told sis, I have," Luna replied. "It's something familiar and yet different from what we've encountered."

"I'm afraid to say this but I believe I may have an idea of who it is," Celestia said.

"Who?"

"Do you remember Hawke's doppelganger?"

"Vulture? But he's been gone for more than a year. Many presumed that he eventually died because of the lack of magic he possessed after Hawke and Twilight were able to take it from him."

"We've only 'presumed' that he died, but we never found a body nor have we find any traces of him," Celestia said. "Perhaps though I maybe over thinking this and it could be nothing."

"Even so, should we have our guards keep an close eye for any signs?" Luna asked.

"That would be wise," Celestia replied. "And I'll see if Twilight and Hawke can track down Vulture one more time. Twilight would no doubt will use a spell to track Vulture's position and Hawke can handle anything he might throw at them."

Celestia and Luna both nodded towards one another and went back into the castle.


Deep within the Everfree Forest, a figure in dark shredded robes walked through the fogged woods as he was headed towards an unknown destination. He soon came upon a large boulder that seemed to be connected against a large hill. He raised his hands out from under the robes to reveal a black metallic gauntlet with claws for each finger and pointed it towards the boulder. The glove soon was covered by dark red aura and the boulder was also doing. The robed figure used a levitating spell to move the large rock out of the way and revealed a cave behind it. The figure proceeded to walk into it and he lit his right hand with a red glow to see through the dark cave.

He ventured through the cave with only his magic to light the way. Drips of water came down from the stalactites that hung over the top into small pools of water. Sounds of bats could be heard and large tarantulas crawled around the walls near their nest of webs and their victims. The figure paid no heed to them and was unfazed by their appearance.

While walking, the figure unknowingly stepped on a pressure stone and small darts started firing out of the walls. The darts were closing on their target but were deflected by an invisible shield around him and they dropped to the ground.

The figure groaned under his hood. "Was that it? I expected better than this," he said to himself sounding disappointed and continued walking through the cave.

He soon find himself in a large room that had lit touches on the walls surrounded by four large statues that looked like knights each having different weapons in their hands. One of the statues held a large double blade sword, the other had two curved giant swords, one with a long mace and the last had a pole arm ax. On the far opposite side from the figure was set of stairs that led up to a pedestal. On it was a amulet that had two black wings and a head of a unicorn with red eyes and a large red gem in the center of it.

The figure smiled. "At last. The Alicorn Amulet." He took one step towards the center and light flickered underneath him. A large circular symbol with smaller symbol on it started to appear with blue energy glowing. Four different lines started to head towards the statues and they were soon covered in blue light that made them look like they were glowing cracks. Their eyes glow with the same colors and were now alive and moving. They surrounded the figure with their weapons up and waited for a moment to strike.

"That's more like it," the figure happily said. He grabbed his robe and threw up into the air reveal himself. He was a human with long, black and red colored hair and flaming orange eyes with red markings around them. He was wearing a dark red coat with orange flames around at the bottom of it and underneath it was a black shirt. He also had black pants with dark metallic boots and had dark metallic gauntlets. It was no other than Vulture himself, the evil double of Hawke. With his magic he summoned a curved sword with the blade colored black as sin and the hilt was crimson blood.

The statue with double blade was the first at Vulture and came spinning backwards with the tip of its blade pointing at Vulture. Vulture quickly ducked out of the way and did a back flip. He landed on the ground on while he knelled down and used his magic to dash towards the statue. In one instant Vulture slashed passed the statue and came to a full halt. A few seconds had past and the statues head came off and the rests of its body came tumbling down.

Both statues with both the mace and the ax came running towards him on the side. At the same time they both made an attempt to strike a blow at Vulture but he vanished out of thin air and their weapons collided with one another. Vulture appeared over them and did a split kick at both their heads. They both stumbled back from the impact of the kicks and Vulture quickly stabbed the statue with mace in the torso afterwards releasing a large surge of energy that engulfed into the blade and caused the statue to exploded into pieces. The ax statue recoiled and charged towards Vulture. Vulture however, swung his blade towards the charging statue and released a wave of red blazing energy that, on impact, disintegrated the upper torso and all that was left was the legs that fell to the ground after standing their for a few seconds.

Vulture looked around the room for a moment and didn't see where the fourth statue went. He let out a sigh and his weapon disappeared. When he did that, the last statue came out of the shadows from the top of ceiling had two of its swords pointing down towards Vulture. However, it was engulfed in red aura and was now floating in the air. It kept on swinging its at him none stop as Vulture was using his magic to levitate the statue. With a flick of his wrist. Vulture sent the statue flying through the air and was impaled when it landed on a stalagmite. The statue struggled to get out of the stalagmite but failed and soon became lifeless as the glow of blue energy left its body.

"Now where was I?" Vulture mockingly said to himself while smiling. "Oh right, the amulet."

Vulture walked up the stairs and looked at the amulet with anticipation. 'With the powers of the amulet I can regain all the power I have lost and more. My vengence against Hawke will be swift and all that stand in my way will fall!' he thought to himself. As he reached for the amulet, a boomerang came out of nowhere and struck his arm causing him to wince in pain. "Argh! What the?-"

The boomerang continued to spin around the room until it reached back to its owner's hand. Standing their was a zebra having grey fur with dark gray stripes around her body and a circular symbol of her mark on her left shoulder. Her mane was grey with white stripes having it tied into pony tail with strands of hair on each side of her face. She was wearing only a brown chest piece with a skirt with the same colors. It was Zecora.

"If you think you would gain something today, you are most horribly mistaken," Zecora said.

"Zecora, it's so nice to see you again," Vulture sarcastically said. "Especially since you blinded me and helped Hawke out after our first fight."

"You tried to hurt my friend and I did what any friend could do," Zecora retorted. "Now leave this place. The amulet of which you seek is too dangerous for anypony to use."

"That's what I was hoping for," Vulture said, grinning.

Vulture's hand glow red with fire and threw it over to Zecora. She quickly dodged out of the way and pulled out a wooden blow dart. She placed in a dart and fired it at Vulture but at the last second, he quickly grabbed it with both his index finger and thumb that was just an inch away from his face. He once again grinned and flicked the dart away.

"Is that all you got?" Vulture asked. But when he looked to where Zecora was, she disappeared.

The next thing Vulture knew, he was kicked in the back by Zecora and fell down the stairs. When he was near the bottom, he reached with his right hand placing it on the ground and did a flip back on his tow feet. He looked up to see that she now had a wooden staff in her hand. Vulture held out his arm and his blade once again appeared. He jumped high into the high and tried to slash Zecora right in the center but she slightly moved to the left causing him to miss. In one instant, she jabbed him in the chest with her staff and spun around to strike him in the back of the head. Vulture stumble forward and smacked his head towards the pedestal. He quickly looked behind to make another attempt at attacking her but saw her brought her hoof towards him and was kicked across the face. The forced kick send Vulture against the caves's wall and collasped on the ground with his sword dropping from his hands.

Zecora pointed the staff right at Vulture's head. "Surrender now and no more harm will come to you," she warned.

Vulture grabbed the end of the staff without warning and looked up to Zecora with red energy burning in them. He used metal claws to slashed through Zecora's staff and quickly grabbed her around her neck. Sparks started to appear around his gauntlet and soon he was shocking Zecora with lightning coming out of them. She passed out from the intense pain and Vulture threw her to side.

Vulture looked over to the amulet and grabbed it. He placed the amulet around his neck and surges of energy coursed through his body causing him to be engulf in fiery flames all around his body. "At last! I now have the power to vanquish the Guardian of Equestria!" he declared. He looked back over to the unconscious zebra and grin appeared on his face. "It's pay back time." He walked over to her and his hands roared with flames out of them and he was about to strike her down. But annoyance appeared on him and the flames died away. "You're lucky that I can't do anything to you right now," he said. "If Hawke or anyone else found out about your death, they would know I still live and they would come after me knowing full well that I have the amulet with me." He leaned down towards Zecora. "So I'll just make you forget you ever saw me." He placed a tip of his index finger on her forehead and a small pulse of energy coursed through his finger into her skull. She winced for a moment but relaxed after it had disappeared.

Vulture stood back up and went over to the pedestal. He reached down into his coat and pulled out a replica of the amulet placing it where the real one was. He let out sigh. "Now I have to get the statues back together and get this sack of fur back to her hut," he said to himself.


Zecora's eyes started to flutter open as she felt a throbbing pain in her head. She raised up and looked around to see that she was laying in her bed and that she was in her hut. She tried to remember of how she came to be here but had difficulty as a bit of pain seemed to have made everything blurry. The next thing she knew she heard a couple of knocks on her door.

"You may enter into my humble abode," she said.

The door opened and came walking through it was Hawke. He had big smile on him as he looked at zebra. "Hey Zecora, how are you?"

"Doing well, my dear friend," Zecora replied. "Though I wish this ache would stop in my head." She rub the side of her head.

Hawke raised a brow. "You got a headache? Will you be okay?" he asked concernedly.

"I will be fine, though I am curious as to why you would come here," Zecora said.

"Well I needed a small favor from you if you don't mind," Hawke replied. "You said you where going be gone for a couple of days to look for an exotic plant, right?"

"Yes," Zecora nodded. "I was looking for the rare White Tail flower as it is very useful for treating teeth that are in bad shape. Ms. Colgate asked to see if I would know where such a thing is and luckly for her, I do. Why do you ask and what is this favor of yours?"

"I need you to say that I went along with you because you needed my help for that and to keep Twilight off of my for a few days," Hawke answered.

Zecora raised a brow. "Why would you ask for such a request?" she asked. "I never thought that you would ever want to be apart from the one you love."

"I just needed an excuse to tip her off for a bit while head over to the Crystal Empire," Hawke explained. "I asked Cadence for a favor there and I didn't want Twilight to suspect anything."

"I see. Why haven't you ask any of the others?"

Hawke let out a sigh. "I would have asked the others but they each had a flaw that would ruin this."

"Flaws?"

"Applejack makes a face if she lies, Fluttershy would crack under the pressure, Rarity would gossip, Rainbow Dash isn't good with secrets, Spike is too close to Twilight, Sparrow would blab to Sweetie Belle, the crusaders, heaven knows, would give it away and Pinkie Pie......is self explanatory. But you are perfect! You live out in the forest and you would gone long enough for me to complete whatever task I'm doing," Hawke explained.

"Would you mind that I ask, this is your task?"

Hawke looked behind him through the door for a moment and closed it locking the door. He quickly looked out the windows and closed the shades down and started looking through every drawer in the hut. Zecora couldn't but mentally laugh at Hawke's unusual caution at his surroundings and made her even more curious as to what he had planned.

After looking from under the table, looked at Zecora with a bright smile. "I'm going to the Crystal Empire and Cadence is going to help me find a ring for Twilight," he answered, earning a wide eye look from Zecora. "I'm going to propose to Twilight."


Deep within the remains of the now deceased Tirek's former fortress, Vulture walked through the main entrance and entered the decaying ruins of the fortress. He continued to walk through the hallways of it until he entered into a room with its only source of light was a lit fireplace. Standing next to it was a figure garbed in dark robes.

Monnark expressed a wicked smile. "So glad that you came back as you could, Vulture. Had any trouble getting what you wanted?"

"Yes, that zebra had to make things hard but I got what we needed," Vulture replied and held up the amulet.

"Pray tell, Vulture, what is this plan that you have so far? First, you were able to gain newer dark powers and then freed me and my assassins. Is it some kind of revenge scheme to get back at that guardian?"

"Yes, it is but we still need to wait for the finale part of my plan will fall into place."

"And what is it?"

"The return of our dark lord."

End of Chapter

Author's Note:

Edit - Decided to cut Sunset out of the story mostly because I couldn't think of a way to fit her into the story.