• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 2,360 Views, 43 Comments

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny - BlueSun52



Peace once again is restored to Equestria, but now a new threat lingers in the shadows and it is up to the Guardian to protect the land once more with a new ally on his side.

  • ...
18
 43
 2,360

Rise of a New Hero: Part 1

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny
Chapter 3
Rise of a New Hero: Part 1

It was early in the morning as Sparrow was still asleep in his bed; laying on his side. He was exhausted from the party that Pinkie threw for him and meeting everybo- everypony that were there. He began to wake up as his eyes slightly opened and felt the warm of his bed. But when he thought about it, he wasn't completely covered by the bed sheets as they were only covering his legs and felt something soft on his back. He looked down at his stomach to see a pair of pink arms wrapped around. His eyes quickly widen at this and looked behind him to see Pinkie was sleeping right next to him.

'P-P-P-PINKIE?!?! WHAT IS SHE DOING IN MY BED?!?!'

Sparrow's face was a bright shade of red from being nervous, shocked, and embarrass at the same time. His was trying to wrap his mind at what happen last night that led to this event.

'Okay, stay calm. Let's try to remember what happen last night,' Sparrow thought to himself. 'Let's see, I took a small nap and big bro woke me up for the party. I saw Pinkie and the other's there, including the girls that I met near the forest, and a bunch of other people there that I haven't met. Pinkie introduce me to, let me see, Vinyl (I think that was her name.), Octavia (She looked nice.), Lyra (She was a little...weird.), Bon Bon (I like her, she gave me some lollipops.), Derpy (Or was it Ditzy?), Doctor Hooves (Why does that name remind me of something?), and a lot of others too. I pretty much stayed at the party for a few hours and I think I fell asleep when I was just sitting with Hawke and the others in the living room. I guess Hawke brought me to my room to let me sleep and Pinkie must have came up here during that time. Which now leaves the question, WHY IS SHE IN MY BED!?!?'

"Well duh, to keep you company."

"What?" Sparrow looked over to see that Pinkie was awake now and had a big smile on her face. "Did you- Did you just read my mind?"

"No silly, I can't read your mind," Pinkie answered. "I can only hear your mind."

"....Okay, fine. Did you hear my mind?"

"I think I just told you that I could hear your mind."

Sparrow slapped himself on the face. "Okay, how did you hear my mind?"

"That's a secret."

"OH, COME ON!"

Pinkie just let out a giggle and Sparrow gave up hope of ever understanding her.

"Why are you keeping me company anyway? Doesn't Hawke know that your here?"

"Well yeah, but Hawke wanted me to keep an eye on you while he and Twilight went off to find that well that sent you here," Pinkie explained.

"But wouldn't they need me to find it in the first place?"

"Not really, Twilight is using her tracking spell to follow your footprints. Only in reverse since she isn't trying to find you."

"Ah, I see."

There was an awkward silence between the two as they were laying on Sparrow's bed.

"Pinkie?"

"Yeesss~"

"Can you let me go so I can get dress, please?"

"Okie dokie lokie."

Pinkie let go of Sparrow and he walked over to his drawer. He opened it up and started to grab some clothes that Hawke was able to get for him, but there was one problem.

"Ummm, Pinkie?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind if I get dress?"

"No, I don't mind at all."

Sparrow slapped himself in the face again.


After sometime of traveling in the forest, Hawke and Twilight were able to find the well that Sparrow came from. Twilight examined the well carefully using her most powerful magics and vast scientific knowledge and all she could come up with was-

"It's just a normal well," Twilight said.

"Okay, I could have told you that without spending more then an hour to tell you that," Hawke commented.

Twilight shot a glared over to Hawke.

"What?"

"If it was just a normal well, then how come Sparrow's tracks came exactly from here?"

"Hmmm," Hawke took a moment to think about it. "Maybe the well from my world is magical and this one isn't?"

"That's not how portals work, Hawke. They can work one-way sometimes, but the receiving end has to at least have some kind of magical presence around it and this well doesn't have any which raise even more questions than answers."

"I'm sure you can figure it out, Twiliy. Your the only genius girl that can figure anything no matter what."

"Awww, thanks sweetie." Twilight placed a peck on Hawke's cheek. "Your my big, handsome stallion."

"Glad to hear that," Hawke said. "If this thing brought my little bro here in the first place, then maybe we can use it to go back to earth."

"Ummm Hawke, I don't think it dosen't-"

"I'm going to jump in."

"Wait, Hawke! Don't you remember what-"

"Just hold on, it'll be just a second."

"But-"

"Twiliy, whatever your trying to say can wait till after I jump in the well."

"*Sigh* Fine!"

Hawke stepped on the edge of the well and after a few seconds to prepare, he jumped in and-

*CRACK*

"AAAHHHH! MY LEGS!"

Twilight placed her hand on her face and gave out a weary sigh. She looked over the edge down at Hawke and said, "Sparrow told us he did that, remember?"

"I do now," Hawke said weakly.


"-And that's exactly what happened," Twilight explained to Sparrow and Pinkie. After some recovery time, Hawke and Twilight told Sparrow and Pinkie everything that they could about the well and couldn't figure out how Sparrow got in Equestria in the first place.

"So bro really did jump in?"

"*Sigh* Yeah he did."

"I'm not that surprised." Sparrow said, bluntly.

"WHAT?"

"I kinda expected it too." Twilight agreed.

"HEY!"

"So wait, I'm stuck here then?" Sparrow asked.

"I'm afraid so, unless we find another way to get you back." Twilight replied.

"Well, that's okay I guess."

"So does that mean Sparrow is going to be living in Ponyville with the rest of us?" Pinkie asked and everyone nodded. "WOOHOO! Ugh....I mean-" Pinkie turned to Sparrow and started patting him on the back. "I'm sorry to hear that Sparrow."

"It's okay, at least I get to spend time with big bro again. Right, Hawke?" Sparrow asked, facing his older brother.

"You bet, squirt. It'll be like old times," Hawke said. He reached for Sparrow and arm-locked him around his neck and started giving him a noogie.

"HEY! Cut it out!"

"Then say uncle!"

"NEVER!"

Pinkie was laughing at the brothers' display while Twilight just gave out a giggle. Twilight looked over to her clock and her eyes widen at the time.

"Oh my Equestria! Our train to Canterlot is going to leave in twenty minutes!" Twilight shouted.

Hawke and Sparrow stopped their rough housing when they heard Twilight.

"So what? It's not like we need to pack or anyhting," Hawke

"But we do!"

"What? We're not staying over there are we?"

"Yes we are!"

"....Then why do we need to pack? We already have clothes over there in case we go there."

"I meant Sparrow's clothes! He's doesn't have any over there!"

"I'm sure there's some clothes that we can get while we're there."

"Hawke, don't be lazy and get him some clothes, now! We're wait for you at the train station."

Twilight motioned Sparrow to come with her and Pinkie soon followed behind.

"But-"

"NOW!"

In a flash, Hawke quickly ran back to his home to grab Sparrow's things while racing against time.


After a long train ride towards Canterlot, The brothers, the mane six, and Spike had entered into the city's castle and were observing one the glass windows; depicting Twilight's ascension as an alicorn.

"You look amazing, darling. They've really captured your regality," Rarity complimented.

"I supposed," Twilight said, hinting doubt in her voice.

"Oh, don't be so modest. It's everypony's dream to someday wear a crown and have their coronation ceremony preserved in stained glass for all to see," Rarity said.

"I don't know if it's everypony's dream," Rainbow Dash commented.

"Most of my dreams are about frosting!" Pinkie said, licking lips. "Ohohohoho."

'Thank god, that's all she's dreaming about,' Sparrow thought to himself.

"Oh, last night though, Sparrow and I were-"

"Eehhhh, I'm going to go explore the rest of the castle," Sparrow quickly said and started walking away in a hurry.

"Hey do you want me to come along?" Hawke asked. "You can get lost here very quickly."

"Yeah, I mean it took Hawke forever just for him to learn from left and right," Rainbow said, leaving a sly look on her face.

"Yeah, just like sh- HEY!"

"It's okay, I just want some alone time is all," Sparrow said, walking out of the room.

"Is he okay? I mean, is it normal for him to walk around by himself?" Twilight asked, concernedly.

"Yeah, sometimes he likes to walk by himself. It's nothing to worry about," Hawke explained. He then turned over to Pinkie. "Ummm, just out of curiosity, what were you going say about you and Sparrow?"

"I was about to say that he and I were frolicking through a meadow that was filled with cakes and frostings."

"......Yeah, something tells me that's not going to happen anytime soon."


Sparrow was taking in the sight as he was walking down the hallways of the castle. He would see all kinds of stained glasses, decorations, paintings, and see some of the other rooms. He would occasionally walk by some of the guards of course, but luckily he was wearing a pass card to indicate that he was a guest here.

As he was walking, he heard someone yell in the room next to him.

"You incompetent fool! You almost ruined my mane!"

Sparrow placed his head against the door to hear what was going on inside.

"I'm sorry, my lord. I didn't mean to-"

"What? Trying to ruin my good looks? I shall have you fired at once!"

"No please, I beg you!"

"And why should I not?"

"Please, I can't afford to lose my job. I'm a widow now and I have two mouths to feed back home."

"Hmmm, well we could make some.....arrangements."

"W-What do you mean, my lord?"

"I think you know what I mean."

"No please, anything but-"

"You will do as I say or you're fired!"

Sparrow could hear nothing but sobbing on the other side and he was boiling with anger at what he was hearing.

'TO HELL WITH THAT!'

Sparrow took a few steps back and rushed towards the door; kicking it opened. When he kicked the door opened, he saw a young looking, earthpony mare that was wearing a maids outfit that was colored black and white like any other servant outfits. Her mane was short that was blonde colored and her coat was a pale colored tan. She had ruby colored eyes that was filled with shock at the young man's actions. He then looked over to see the creep that was holding her arm in his right hand. He was a unicorn that was also a blonde as well, but had a white coat on him and was wearing a white tuxedo that matched his coat. His eyes was filled with both shock and anger at the same time.

"HOW DARE YOU BRAKE MY DOOR OPEN, BRAT!" The stallion creep shouted. "I SHOULD HAVE THE GUARDS KICK YOU OUT!"

"When I'm done with you, they're going to take you out of here instead," Sparrow threatened. 'A bit cheesy, but it makes my point.' he thought.

"YOU DARE THREATEN A PRINCE?"

*Gulp*'I didn't think this through, did I?' Sparrow thought as his skin was turning pale. 'Should have tried to get big bro or Twilight to take care of this.'

"I SHOULD HAVE THE GUARDS TAKE YOU AND-" Before the stallion could finish, his eyes shrunk and he was petrified with fear as he took a few steps back.

Sparrow furrowed his brow when he saw the stallion stamper and he noticed that there was someone behind him. He looked behind and his eyes widen with amazement of what he was looking at. He saw a dark blue mare that stood almost as taller as Hawke, had both a horn and wings on her back like Twilight, and her mane and tail were the colors of the night sky itself and were floating in the air even though there wasn't a breeze at all. Her cyan colored iries looked over to the white unicorn with rage.

"BLUEBLOOD! WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?" the dark mare shouted with unbelievable rage.

"T-This impudent brat try to break into my room and threaten to hurt me," Blueblood said in his defense.

The mare looked down at the young man. Her eyes soften when she was looking at him and asked him in a much sweeter voice, "Is this true, little colt?"

Sparrow was little hesitant at first as he was feeling a bit of fear, but he mustered all he got and replied, "Yes, ma'm it's true, but I heard that he was going to do something terrible to that maid over there. So I couldn't stand by and do nothing."

There was a small smile on the mare's face after she heard that and it her face quickly turned to anger when was looking at Blueblood. "My office. Now!" she commanded.

"But, but he-"

"I. Said. NOW!"

Blueblood gulped and quickly walked out the room and head, where Sparrow presumed, the dark mare's office. The dark mare looked over to the maid and said, "You should tell my sister what happened. She would more than help you move you somewhere else to work and would make sure you never have to take commands from my nephew ever again."

The maid was filled with joy as her eyes began to tear up. "Thank you, Princess Luna, thank you," the maid said, ecstatically and bowed to her princess. She then looked over to Sparrow and said, "Thank you for your bravery, Sir ummm-"

"Sparrow."

"Thank you very much, Sir Sparrow!" The maid then placed a kiss on Sparrow's cheek and she then quickly ran off.

Sparrow felt a little daze from the kiss and blushed. He then looked over to Princess Luna and was still struck by her radiant beauty.

Luna smiled at the young man and took a small bow towards him. "Hello, Sir Sparrow. I didn't expect to meet you here under these circumstances."

Sparrow took a bow as well. "neither did I, your majesty. My brother, Hawke told me a little about you."

"Ah yes, Twilight has sent me letters to me and my sister, Celestia about you and your relations with Hawke," Luna said. "She described you as a brave young man like Hawke, but it seems you have more....knowledge than he does."

"Well, I'll admit that he doesn't use his brain that much, but he does surprisingly have a lot of wisdom behind that skull of his," Sparrow explained.

"Indeed he does," Luna agreed. "If you'll pardon me, I must take some disciplinary actions against Blueblood." Luna then walked away to deal with Blueblood.

As Luna was walking away, Sparrow couldn't help but stare at the beautiful mare walking away graciously in her silk robes with her back revealed letting her wings spread openly and soon he was looking down at her-

'WAIT A MINUTE! I SHOULDN'T BE LOOKING AT THAT!' he ferociously thought as he was violently blushing. He turned to the opposite direction of Luna's and quickly walked away.

Luna took one last glance back at Sparrow and a small smile crept on her face. 'I still got it.' she thought.


After a few hours, Twilight's and Hawke's friends had to go back to Ponyville with the exception of Spike and Sparrow staying with them. Sparrow was in his and his brother's room; unpacking his clothes and putting them in a drawer. Hawke came in and had a smile on his face as usual.

"Hey squirt, I believe you have visitors that wanted to meet you," Hawke said, stepping aside to reveal Luna and another mare with her,

Sparrow blushed a bit when he saw Luna again, but he was more focus at the mare that was standing next to her. She was a white coated, alicorn mare like Luna except that she was taller than her and had four different shades of colors in her mane and tail. She had magenta colored irises that showed authority in them but also gentleness.

"Greetings, my little human. My name is Princess Celestia, but you may just call me Celestia if you wish," she said in a calm, motherly voice.

"Or you can just call her Tia for short," Luna interjected.

Celestia let out a giggle. "Or you can call me that too."

"Of course, Pri- I mean, Tia. It's a pleasure to meet you," Sparrow said, giving a bow to the princesses.

And they in turn, gave a small bow to Sparrow. Celestia looked over to Hawke and said, "I am so glad you were able to come back as you could, Hawke. As ambassador and guardian, I need your help with the Griffons again."

"What will you have me do, your majesty?" Hawke replied.

"Now Hawke, we have been good friends since you came to my lands, you don't have to be so formal towards me," Celestia said.

"Twilight might disagree with me on this, but as a gentleman, I must always address a lady as such," Hawke said.

"Then why would you give Twilight such a hard time?" Luna asked, knowing the answer.

"Well, she is my marefriend after all and it's my job as her boyfriend to give her a hard time," Hawke explained. "Also, it's fun."

"Quite," Celestia agreed, giggling. "I'll explain to you the details later, but for now Twilight is distress right now and as her boyfriend, you need to attend to those needs."

"She's stressing about the Summer Sun Celebration isn't she?"

"Indeed," Luna answered.

Hawke gave out a sigh. "Sparrow, don't wait up for me. This is going to take a few hours," he said and walked out of the room.

"Will it really take that long?" Sparrow asked the princesses.

They both let out giggles. "He's just kidding," Luna answered. "Hawke really cares for her and even if it does takes hours, it not because he's being force into it. He's there simply because he wants to be there for Twilight and she wants to be with him as well."

"It is so true, sister," Celestia agreed. "If would excuse me, I must rest for tomorrow and be prepared for the Summer Sun Celebration." She then took a bow and left the room.

It was now Sparrow and Luna that were left in the room and Sparrow was feeling a bit nervous with Luna because of the way she looked to him. She was simply stunning her long, dark blue royal gown and her long flowing hair that looked beautiful with the way looked like the star-filled skies of the night. Luna smiled at him. "You know it's rude to stare at a lady for so long without saying anything."

"W-What? Oh um, sorry I was just....distracted," Sparrow replied, blushing.

Luna let out a giggle. "It is alright. I also wanted to say again that what you did earlier was very brave, but please next time let one of the guards, us, or your brother handle it. Though I prefer that you find us or the guards for Hawke has a very little grudge against Blueblood."

"Really? I can't imagine Hawke holding a grudge on anyone."

"Well, Blueblood did try to court Twilight from Hawke."

"Okay, never mind. I can see Hawke pounding him for that."

The both let out laughter.

After laughing for a few moments, Luna took a small bow towards Sparrow and said, "Well, I must leave. I have nighttime court to take of right now. I'll see you tomorrow at the Summer Sun Celebration."

Sparrow took a bow and replied, "I'll see you then, Princess Luna."

Luna then left the room and it was just Sparrow by himself. He let out a sigh and took a quick look around the room to see that he was done unpacking. He jumped on top of the bed and laid there as he was about to go to sleep. As his eyes were closing, he heard a very peculiar voice talking to him.

"Why, hello there!"

Sparrow shot his eyes open to see a figure laying right on top of the ceiling as it was mimicking Sparrow's position.

"Name's Discord."

"....WWHHHAAAAAAAA!"

End of Chapter