• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 2,360 Views, 43 Comments

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny - BlueSun52



Peace once again is restored to Equestria, but now a new threat lingers in the shadows and it is up to the Guardian to protect the land once more with a new ally on his side.

  • ...
18
 43
 2,360

Brothers Til the End - Part I

Guardians of Equestria - Brothers of Destiny

Chapter 11
Brothers til the End
-Part 1-

It has been two weeks since Hawke had propose to Twilight and every part of Equestria has been celebrating the wonderful news. Many have sent gifts and congratulatory cards to the happy couple and have been setting up for this once in a lifetime event.

Twilight was at the boutique with her friends Applejack and Dash while Rarity was setting up the wedding dress. Though she was having a hard time with it.

“Rarity, I know that *Inhales* what you’re doing for me is wonderful, but *Inhales* do you have to make the dress so tight?” Twilight asked as Rarity was tightening up the girdle around her body.

“Sorry, Twilight dear, but I must have this around you as best I could otherwise it’ll be difficult to place the dress over you,” Rarity explained.

“Don’t ya think that this seems kinda….overkill?” Applejack asked.

“Of course not, in fact its necessary,” Rarity retorted. “The dress itself is going to be a bit tight around the hip and body. I must make her elegant as a lady for guests but beautiful and awestruck for the groom.”

“Rarity, I think anything would catch Hawke’s eye,” Rainbow Dash said. “As much of a nice guy he can be, sometimes he can be a bit of a pervert.”

“Rainbow Dash! How can you call him that!?” Rarity said. “You don’t have any proof of-”

“He keeps a photo of Twilight in a nightgown under his bed mattress,” Rainbow Dash bluntly replied.

“WHAT!?” Twilight shouted. “I thought I got rid of that picture!”

“Guess he’s more resourceful than Ah thought,” Applejack commented. “Wait, Dash, how did you know that Hawke had that?”

“I got bored when I was over at his house one time and just poked around,” Dash replied.

“Dash, you can’t just go around someone’s house without their consent,” Rarity pointed out.

“He knew that I was poking around and he said he didn’t mind,” Dash explained. “Of course, he didn’t know that I went to his room without him knowing.”

Rarity rolled her eyes and went back into finishing tightening Twilight’s girdle. She pulled on the back strings, much to Twilight’s pain, and was able to tie it in place. She let out a sigh and looked over her work.

“There I think that should do it,” Rarity said. “Now we can start sowing together the dress around you and you will look absolutely beautiful.”

‘Oh what a relieve,’ Twilight thought. “So Rarity, I was wondering, were you planning on making Hawke’s tex for the wedding? It sounds like it would be hard to keep the groom and bride from seeing each others outfits until the wedding.”

“Atlas, I’m afraid that I will be just doing your dress, Twilight dear,” Rarity replied. “As much as I would love to do both yours and his outfit, like you said, it would be difficult to keep you both from seeing one another so I’ll just have to do yours and hopefully Hawke can get somepony else to do it.”

“Does Hawke know about it yet?” Applejack asked.

“I haven’t got the chance to tell him nor has he asked me yet,” Rarity replied. “I’m sure he already figured out that I would do Twilight’s and would go to-”

The door to the room opened and Hawke came walking in while he held up a magazine to his face.

“Hey Rarity, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind making a tux that’s somehow similar to…...Eh?”

Hawke’s was covered in red as he was looking at Twilight with her girdle on and with almost her entire body was exposed to him. She blushed as he was staring at her intently. Rarity mentally smacked herself for not locking the door and Applejack and Rainbow Dash could help but snicker as they were trying not to laugh so hard.

“I um...think I should….go and…..find someone else to….my….yeah,” Hawke finished and left the room hoping really hard that he wouldn’t get blasted by Twilight in the back.

The door closed and after a moment Applejack and Dash laughed out loud and fell to the ground. Twilight just stood there while her face was plastered with red. Rarity’s eyes twitched and she raised up her hands in a fit.

“AH TARTARUS! Now we have to start from scratch all over again!” she complained.

“R-Rarity, he just saw the girdle. I don’t think we have to worry about-” Twilight try to say but Rarity raised her hand at her face.

“NO! Even seeing one part of the dress ruins everything,” Rarity explained. “Now, We’ll just have to come up with something different. Maybe instead of using white colored dresses, we can use more royal colors for you. Yes, that should work. And while we’re at it, we’ll use more exotic undergarments to go along with it.”

“Rarity, I-”

“Not now, Twilight,” Rarity said as she lit up her horn. “I’m in the zone, as they would say.”


After coming back from the boutique, Hawke walked into his house and saw Sparrow, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and the crusaders sitting around on the table as they were going through letters that were from other ponies that wanted to come to the upcoming wedding. Sparrow carefully looked through the letters as he was more keen to making sure that nobles and famous ponies would be there while leaving those who only ask if they could come or if they no business even sending a letter in the first place. Pinkie was going through each letter and was saying yes to all of them for various and unreasonable reasons like if hs e liked the name or they made the card pretty. As she was of course laying them aside, Sparrow would let out a sigh now and again and would double work for Pinkie as she wasn’t very good at this. And not to mention that he had to do Fluttershy’s work as well because she didn’t wanted to hurt anypony’s feelings and the crusaders would take to long to decide on each letter. So really it was up to him to do the work. He even wondered why they were here.

“OOH~ This letter is very colorful! You can come,” Pinkie said and laid down the letter to the side.

*Sigh*

Sparrow picked up the letter and read through it. After reading it, he placed it in the no bin.

“Hehehe, that’s a funny name. He can come,” Pinkie placed another letter down.

*Sigh*

Sparrow repeated the same thing and placed it in the no bin.

“Wowie! This one has sprinkles on it, so that’s a big yes!”

*Sigh*

“Oh, I know this pony from high school!......Nope.”

“*Si-* Wait, what?”

“Hey guys, how’s it going?” Hawke asked, finding a place to seat.

“Oh, it’s going great! Do you see how many letters you got?” Pinkie said as she pointed to the bag of letters next to her. “And then those!” She pointed to three more big bags of letters sitting in the living room. “And these!” She appeared out of nowhere next to a door and opened it to show a closet full of letters. “And all of these!” She opened the front door and a large pile of bags of letters were standing outside of the house while a mailmare with blonde hair was pulling on a cart filled with more bags of letters.

“........How did I not notice that on the way in?” Hawke questioned himself.

“And I think this is just half of Equestria….maybe, so we might be getting more and more for weeks to come. Not to mention all of the other countries and nations who want in on this,” Pinkie explained. “Its a good thing that the wedding is going to be in a few months.”

“Um, Pinkie? The wedding is less than a month away,” Sparrow pointed out.

“Oh…...Well, as long as we don’t need weeks of sleep we should be good,” Pinkie said.

“How about we just get through what we can and act like we went through them all,” Hawke suggested.

“That works for me,” Sparrow agreed.

“Ah have ta agree too,” Applebloom said. “We thought we could get our cutie marks in letter reading but so far, no.”

“Plus, it’s boring,” Scootaloo added.

“And I don’t think that this is the job for me,” Fluttershy admitted. “I don’t think I can take the pressure of doing this.”

“It’s okay, Fluttershy. Not everypony is cut out to do all this,” Hawke said.

“Wait, why are we doing this?” Sweetie Belle asked. “Shouldn’t Hawke be doing all this?”

Everyone glared over to Hawke as he sat there with a nervous look.

“Because um-” Before Hawke could come up with an excuse, Spike came running up behind him. Spike was huffing and puffing as he was exhausted from running a long distance.

“Hawke! *Huff* I got a letter *Puff* from Princess *Huff* Celestia and she *Puff* needs you and *Huff* Twilight to come to Canterlot,” Spike said between breathing in and out.

Hawke then turned to the others. “-That is the reason why I can’t do this right now,” he said. With a snap of his fingers he disappeared into a flash of light.

Everyone covered their eyes from the sudden flash and after it was over, they all let out an irritated sigh.

“I hate my brother sometimes.”


After a few hours had past, both Twilight and Hawke made it at the castle in Canterlot and met with the princesses, Celestia, Luna and Cadence has they all had worried expressions on them. They sat around a round, blue table as Celestia was about tell them why she and the others were worried.

“Hawke, do you remember Tirek?” she asked.

“It’s kinda hard not to, since he did try kill me and all,” Hawke replied.

“What about Monnark? He tried to kill you and you didn’t seem to remember him at all,” Twilight pointed out.

“Who?”

Twilight smacked herself in the face.

“So what about Tirek?” Hawke asked. “Last I check, he blew up into a million pieces. I’m pretty sure at that point he’s dead.”

Celestia looked over to her sister, Luna and looked back at the couple. “I’m afraid to say that he still lives.”

Hawke and Twilight both had shocked expressions on them.

“W-What!? How!?” Twilight asked. “He couldn’t have survive an explosion like that!”

“We believe that explosion may have only been his powers being separated from him,” Luna explained. “While he did survive it, it has left him a very weaken state. Which explains why he hasn’t been heard for sometime.”

“But now we are aware of him as we have sense him using a new form of dark magic,” Celestia said. “We believe that he now has the ability to drain magic from anypony that is unfortunate enough near him.”

“And you want me and Twilight to take him down again, right?” Hawke asked.

“No.”

“What?” Everyone in the room said in unison except for Celestia.

“I will call on another to deal with him,” Celestia said. “Discord.”

“WHAT!?”

“Discord has the ability to sense any dark magic across great distances,” Celestia explained. “He will be able to find Tirek and end this before he could bring harm to anypony again.” She then turned over to Hawke. “Hawke, I will need you to be here in case Discord might fail to find or capture him. If that happens, you maybe the first one he will try to find once he restores enough of his powers.”

“He might do that or he could attack Ponyville just to draw me out,” Hawke said. “I strongly think I should go after him myself. Like you said he’s weak and he won’t be able to do anything to me as long as he’s like that.”

“True but in the past, he had allies by his side including your doppelganger, Vulture,” Luna explained. “Who’s to say that he could be with him?”

“That’s why I want to send Discord. He will be able to sense anyone besides Tirek nearby in case it was a trap and would not only capture Triek but possibly his allies as well,” Celestia explained.

“Well, alright. If you say so, Tia,” Hawke said. “I really hope that this plan works.”

“I hope as well, Hawke.” Celestia said. “And if Tirek does try anything against Ponyville, I’m sure Twilight and her friends will be able to handle it.”

“Don’t worry, princess, we’ll do our best,” Twilight said.

“I’m glad to hear it,” Celestia said. “For now, we should all get some rest and hope that Discord will succeed.”

Everyone in the room started walking out as they each were heading to their respective chambers. Hawke and Twilight walked alongside one another as both their rooms were next to one each other. Twilight looked over to him to see that Hawke had both a serious yet somewhat worried look on him.

She was worried about him so she spoke up and asked, “Hawke, are you okay?”

Hawke shook his head and looked over to Twilight. “Oh, um sorry, I was deep in thought,” he replied.

“What were you thinking about?”

Hawke remained silent for a moment before he spoke up. “When Tia said that Tirek was back, it reminded me of some things,” he replied. “Things I didn’t want to remember. Like when we went to face him and he...and...I-”

Hawke was choking on his words as he remembered looking down at the lifeless body of Twilight in the past. Remembering the pain and misery he felt as he saw the one he loved die right in front of him. And the blinding rage that came with it. He quickly wrapped his arms around Twilight and held her tight. “I don’t want to lose you again,” he quietly said to her.

Twilight was caught off guard by his sudden reaction but she understood what he was feeling. She warmling wrapped her arms around him and leaned over to his ear. “You won’t,” she cooed and place her lips on his.

The two shared a long passionate kiss with one another. Tears were dripping down Hawke’s eyes as he full heartly shared this moment with his fiancee. The two stopped for a moment and Twilight realized that they were standing in front of her room’s door.

She looked over to him and stared deeply into his eyes. “Do you want to spend the night with me?” she asked, warmingly.

Hawke nodded. “I do.”

Twilight grabbed onto Hawke’s hand and gently pulled him into her room; closing the door behind for their privacy.


Pinkie Pie walked across the screen in front of you and place both her hands on her hip and glared at you with a serious expression.

“If you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking, then I’m sorry to say, no they’re not. It’s a teen rated story and the author has a very strong opinion about unmarriable sex. If you’re waiting for him to publish a story where he does a clop about the two, then you better go somewhere else because he’s not going to do that.” She was about to leave until a thought had occurred and she looked back at you with a bright smile. “Oh! We’re having a special on cupcakes at Sugarcube Corners today! So come on down and have some sweets!”

She then started skipping towards the exit as she sang a lullaby on the way out.


Twilight and Hawke cuddled together as they both laid down on the bed. Hawke rested his head on top of Twilight’s as he smelled the pleasant aroma from her hair. Twilight let out a content sigh as she smothered her face against his chest and listen to the rhythm of his heart beat.

“Feeling better?” Twilight asked.

“A lot,” Hawke replied, giving Twillight a kiss on her forehead. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

“Guess we won’t be seeing each other for a few days.”

“I’m sure we’ll be fine. A few days might be good for us anyway since we see each other everyday.”

“Hehe, yeah, you’re probably right,” Hawke admitted. “Do you mind watching over Sparrow for me while I’m here?”

“Of course, I enjoy having his company.”

“By company, you mean-”

“Hawke, we’re having a sweet moment here. Don’t ruin it.”

Hawke chuckled. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist.”

Twilight playfully rolled her eyes. “You think everything will turn out okay?” she asked.

“I’m sure this will be over in no time,” Hawke replied. “I mean, what could go wrong?”


After sometime had past, Celestia had learned that Discord had betrayed them and has been helping Tirek with stealing everypony’s magic across Equestria. There was even reports of Tirek’s henchmen including Monnark and Vulture taking in the victims as prisoners and slaves. Twilight glared at Hawke with a ‘You had to tempt fate?’ look and he replied it with a ‘How was I supposed to know this was going to happen?’ shrug.

Celestia then explained her plans to transfer all of the magic that each princess had into Twilight to keep it out of Tirek’s reach. After the task was done, Twilight and Hawke quickly returned to Ponyville and agreed to keep it a secret from the others until they had a full proof plan to stop Tirek and his forces.

*BOOM*

As soon as Twilight learned how to control because she just blew up the front door without barely touching it.

Hawke stood behind her with a blank expression before looking over to her. “I don’t think that’s how you open a door, Twiliy,” he commented.

Twilight glared over to him which made him back up a bit. She then let out a sigh. “We better take some time for me to learn how to use my magic,” she said. “It’s no good for anypony if I keep on blowing everything up.”

“Then I’m willing to help,” Hawke said. “I know a thing or two about controlling an unimaginable amount of magic and having it all at once in one sudden moment.”

Twilight rolled her eyes. “Well, any help would be nice,” she smiled and kiss Hawke on the cheek….before it shocked him with ten thousand volts of electricity.

Hawke fell to the ground with his hair sticking out from the current in his body and his clothes were covered in ashes.

“HAWKE!? You’re okay!?” Twilight asked, worriedly.

“Yeah,” Hawke said, weakly. “I’m okay.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know that would-”

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” Hawke said. “Sparrow does this to me all the time during training, so I’m used to this.”

Twilight let out a relieved sigh. “Well, alright. If you say so,” she said.

“Hey, what was all the noise about?”

Both Twilight and Hawke looked over to see the others coming over to them. Rainbow Dash noticed the door wasn’t there anymore and looked to see Hawke covered in ashes. “What the hay happened here? Did Tirek attack or did another monster come by here?” she asked.

“Uhhhh.” Hawke was scratching the back of his head to come up with an excuse. “I was juggling around with my fireballs in the library because I was bored and I tripped on a book that was on the ground and one of them dropped out of my hand. You guys can figure out the rest,” he lied.

Sparrow furrowed his brow. “Wait, you can juggle?”

“And ya did it in a tree? With books? And a book was on the ground and Twilight didn’t get it?” Applejack was pointing out Hawke story. “Ah’m sorry, hon but that didn’t make a lick of sense.”

Hawke was about to say something until Twilight had to step in. “That’s not important right now,” she said. “Hawke and I need to get to the Castle of the Sisters quickly. While we’re gone, I need you guys to stay here and make sure everypony stays safe.”

“Sure thing, Twilight,” Rainbow Dash gave a salute. “Maybe we can catch up with you when we’re sure everything is safe?”

“I’m sorry, girls. This is something that Hawke and I have to do,” Twilight said and unfurl her wings. “We’ll be back soon.” With one flap of her wing, Twilight shot through the air as she was screaming because of the unexpected high velocity.

Everyone looked with shocked expressions as she disappeared beyond sight. Then they looked over to Hawke who had a blank expression on him. He looked over to the group as they stared down on him which was making him nervous.

“Well...Um……….I’ll see you guys later,” Hawke awkwardly said and flew after Twilight.

Every kept on looking until Hawke disappeared to where Twilight had gone. They were all confused by what had happened.

“Does anypony else thinks this is weird?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yep,” Applejack admitted. “Well, we better get to everything ready in case something bad comes along.”

Then in a flash of light, Discord appeared from thin air. “Hello everypony,” he greeted.

“Speak of the devil,” Applejack quietly said to herself..

“You’re back! Did you bring the cucumber sandwiches?” Fluttershy asked.

“I sure did,” Discord replied with a tray of sandwiches. But he let them fell from the tray slowly as he had a menacing expression on him. “I imagine they'll be your last decent meal for quite some time.”

With a snap of his finger, they were all trapped in a cage. They were all shocked and tried to get out of the cage. The ground trembled constantly as another figure walked towards them. All of their eyes were wide with terror as they looked at the figure that was staring down at them.

Tirek.

“Is this all of them?” Tirek asked Discord.

“Indeed. From Twilight’s friends to her little dragon all the way to Hawke’s brother.”

Sparrow started to power up his abilities until he felt his powers being drained away from him. He collapsed onto the ground and looked up to see Discord taking his powers and placing it into the same black box that he gave him.

“Sorry, but I think I’ll be taking back my fgift now,” Discord said and made the box disappeared.

Fluttershy sobbed as Applejack held on to her. “Why are you doing this?” she asked. “I thought we were friends!”

“Oh, we were. But Tirek offered me so much more than tea parties. Surely you saw this coming?”

“I didn’t. I really didn’t,” Fluttershy replied while she still sobbed.

With his mouth wide open, Tirek sucked all the magic out of everypony in the cage and their powers were being taken away. When he was finished, he asked Discord if there anything that either Hawke or Twilight would do. Discord simply said that if they had magic to give, it was his. After he said that, Tirek surprised Discord by taking his magic away. Discord held up the amulet Tirek gave him and said that it was a gift that meant loyalty and gratitude Tirek replied by saying that it belonged to his brother that betrayed him a long time ago.

When the act was done, Tirek used his magic to summon up his soldiers and minions to keep an eye on Discord and the other. Along with them was Vulture and had a smirk expression when he saw Sparrow.

Sparrow looked at the evil copy of Hawke with eyes that had horror in them.

“Well, well, well, look what we have here?” Vulture said. “If it isn’t my goodie side’s brother who came all the way to see him.”

“H-How-”

“How do I look like your brother? Well, let’s just say he and I have history and I intend to pay him back for all that he has done to me.” Vulture reached through the cage’s bars and grabbed Sparrow around the throat. “And you’re going to help.”


“Now Twilight, just focus,” Hawke said. He was helping Twilight to maintain her massive level of magic. The progress was slow but he believe that they were making progress. “Let the energy build up only for a few seconds and then-”

“Hawke, I thought you that,” Twilight pointed out. “The problem isn’t letting it out, it’s keeping it in without losing control over it.”

“Oh…….Have you tried holding your breath?”

Twilight let out a groan.

“I’m sorry, honey. I guess I’m not very good at this,” Hawke admitted, sadly.

“That’s not true, sweetie,” Twilight said. “You thought your brother well.”

“No, not the teaching, I mean….I’m not feeling like I’m not doing enough for you,” Hawke said.

Twilight was caught off guard when she heard him say that. She opened and closed her mouth a few times as she attempted say something but never could find the words. When she thought about it, she would remember him trying to cheer her up. A few times it worked but it never lasted and she feel even more depressed about it. She just became a princess for a few months and wanted to do more like all any of the other princesses. She let out a sigh and looked at Hawke. “I’m sorry if I’ve been making you feel bad,” she said. “I’ve never thought I would ever become a princess and ever since I did become one, I wanted to do the best I can. I wanted to make everypony proud of me of being the best princess I can be.”

“You are the best princess, Twilight,” Hawke said. “And to me, you were always a princess.”

Twilight smiled and blushed a bit at his words. “Then that should be more than enough for me,” she said.

The two were about to kiss until a tremendous voice interrupted their moment.

“TWILIGHT SPARKLE! GUARDIAN! YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO ME!”

Twilight was startled by that statement and Hawke gave out a sigh. ‘I need to find more quiet nemesis,’ he thought to himself.

Holding each others hands, they both teleported into an open field and saw Tirek in front of them.

“So there is the happy couple,” Tirek mocked. “It’s been such a long time since we last met.”

“And you…..turned into an old man?” Hawke asked, confusedly.

“Thanks to you, after you bested me on the day of the red moon,” Tirek pointed out. “But I’ve become more powerful since then and now I will have my revenge on you!”

Hawke rolled his eyes. “Seriously? We’re going with the whole revenge scheme thing?” he mockingly asked. “You think you bad guys would learn that if you get beaten the first time, what makes you think you can beat the good guy the next time?”

“How about you find out?”

Vulture appeared next to Tirek with a few dark mages behind him and on the other side of Tirek, Monnark appeared with a few of his own behind him.

“We meet again, guardian,” Monnark said.

“So it seems,” Hawke said before leaning towards Twilight. “Who is he?”

Twilight smacked herself and Monnark let out a growl.

“Enough talk! Let’s finished this!” Vulture shouted and his weapon appeared out of thin air.

Tirek and all of his mages started having auras of energy appear around their hands while some of the others had various weapons with them. Twilight lit up her horn and magic was surging through her arms with various flows of colors surrounding them and Hawke used his magic to make his staff appear in a flash of lightning. He focused his magic where the orb of the staff was and a magical blade came out of it as it flamed with blue energy.

They all stared down one another waiting for the other to start their attack. They all stood still as the wind blow through hairs and their clothes and robes moved with it. On a single piece of grass that had a small bit of water on it was at the very tip of it. When the water fell off of it and landed on the ground with a small dip sound, Twilight unfurled her wings and Hawke brought out his light wings and they both charged flying towards them. Tirek and his men let out their war crys as they too charged towards them.

They all charged towards one another at their top speed until…

To Be Continued...

Author's Note:

All right everyone, we're two chapters away from the end. What will happen? What does Vulture have planned for Sparrow? And will Twilight find her place as a princess? Find out in the next chapter!