• Published 14th Mar 2014
  • 2,886 Views, 224 Comments

The Alicorn Academy - kudzuhaiku



Four Alicorns, four students, each Alicorn taking on a personal protege, each with a different lesson to teach. What will the four students learn?

  • ...
15
 224
 2,886

Pink Pony Interlude

Pinkie Pie gazed at Cyclone, standing there in his armor. She felt her heart race. Her Pinkie sense was going completely crazy. It always went off around him, but today it was particularly bad.

He was handsome. He had removed his helmet. It sat on a stump a short distance away.

He was the colour of graham crackers, with white spots splashed over his coat, and had a chocolatey mane and tail.

“Hey handsome,” giggled Pinkie, “I want s’more of you.”

Cyclone groaned. “I can’t take that pun no s’more.”

“Think the others will find us?” Cyclone asked suddenly.

“No,” Pinkie replied, “they’re gonna be busy for a while playing tag. I like playing tag, but I think I like you more.”

The stallion began to stammer wordlessly. In the distance, he heard a snort. He fell silent and listened for the sound again. Probably just a wild animal.

“How long have we been seeing each other?” Cyclone asked.

“Ain’t that just like a stallion!” Pinkie replied.

“I, uh, well, erm…” Cyclone blew air out from his lips, making a flatulent sound.

Pinkie giggled.

“I was hoping to catch you alone today.” He managed to stammer out after a few tries.

“You wanted to play tag with me?” Pinkie replied in teasing tones.

“Not exactly.” Cyclone stammered.

Pinkie’s whole body was clenching alarmingly. Her Pinkie sense was broadcasting every emotion available. She felt the urge to run, as if she was in danger, but that was silly. There was no danger here.

Pinkie dealt with the conflicting emotions the same way she dealt with everything else. She giggle-snorted.

Much to her surprise, her ill ease didn’t shoot out of her nose. This was alarming!

Pinkie began to feel nervous.

“I, uh, well you see, I’ve been thinking, or trying to, which I really can’t do because when I think of you I can’t think at all…” Cyclone made another whoopie cushion noise with his lips as his words died.

“Oh horse apples I can talk to every mare but you Pinkie Pie.” snapped Cyclone.

“I’ll take that as a compliment!” Pinkie chirped.

Pinkie took a few steps closer. Cyclone’s damaged concentration failed completely. He looked into her blue eyes and got lost for a few minutes, tumbling into their depths.

This day was not turning out as planned.

“Hrrglenurk…” Cyclone hrrglenurked.

“What’s that?” Pinkie asked, taking a perverse pleasure in completely and utterly destroying Cyclone’s mind.

“Jummaglump…” Cyclone jummaglumped.

He spat out his own tongue, and looked down cross eyed at the traitorous organ.

Pinkie tittered and covered her mouth fetchingly with her foreleg.

“I once had this problem with poison joke,” Pinkie said, “Zecora was able to fix it.”

Oh, this day was turning out awful, Cyclone reflected.

“Flibibbittity!” He flibibbittited.

Pinkie leaned in a little closer. Cyclone could feel her hot breath on his muzzle. Oh, this wasn’t helping at all.

“You want to see my whats?” Pinkie said in sultry tones.

His wings exploded, every feather standing out, his wings suddenly as stiff as iron rods.

Oh, fantastic he thought to himself. Pinkie gazed him, her giggle fading away, and she fell silent.

In the distance, Cyclone heard what he thought was a snort of laughter. Probably just some wild animal prowling around. He was in the woods, animals prowled here.

Cyclone backed a few steps away from Pinkie, stepping outside of the sugary smelling cloud of goodness she projected. She reeked of sugar and spices, and sweet things that assaulted his senses and left him stupid. He felt a small amount of intelligence returning as he backed away.

“Pinkie Pie.” He said finally.

The day could still be salvaged, he thought.

Pinkie stood in place, oddly silent, her breath coming in short gasps.

Cyclone finally had some room to breathe again.

“Pinkie, uh, we’ve been seeing each other for quite a while. I know my job keeps me away from you sometimes. And you’ve been the best mare ever waiting for me.” Cyclone paused and struggled to think again.

He cursed his brain.

“I can’t think of any other mare that I’d want to come home to.” He said with some small hesitation, hoping he had the right words.

“What are you saying?” Pinkie Pie asked, her hoof trailing little circles in the dirt.

No, not circles. Hearts. She was tracing little hearts in the dirt with her hoof. Cyclone once again found himself distracted.

Run! Cried Pinkie’s Pinkie sense.

“I, uh, I don’t know what I’m saying…” Cyclone mumbled, “I’m completely lost here.”

“I know where you are,” Pinkie replied in an odd shy sounding tone, “you can’t be lost if somepony knows where you are.”

Cyclone summoned all of his courage, which seemed to be failing him at the moment.

“Pinkie,” he shouted, “do you want to make a s’more pie with me?!”

Pinkie sucked in an impossibly large gasp. And then did it again. And again.

There was another gasp in the distance. Stupid forest animals, spoiling an already spoiled moment, Cyclone thought.

Pinkie looked downright bashful, her eyes glancing downward, a coy grin spreading over her face. Her ears fell down to the sides of her face.

“Does it come with extra creamy marshmallow filling?” Pinkie finally managed to chortle, her ears springing erect.

Cyclone’s mouth fell open at the brazen comment.

“Oh, your mouth is open! I know what can go in there!” Pinkie rushed forward suddenly, threw her forelegs around Cyclone’s neck, and kissed him savagely.

She pulled away, her forelegs still around his neck.

“Right now, I really need you to sift my flour and roll my dough!” Pinkie stated. “And yes, the answer is yes you big dummy. Now get to siftin’! And this dough ain’t gonna roll itself!”

Cyclone complied with her requests before his brain could betray him.