• Published 3rd Mar 2014
  • 4,530 Views, 169 Comments

A Tad Screwy: Screwball in Canterlot High - Discorded SheepcityUSA



The misadventures of Canterlot High's well-known juvenile delinquent, Screwball; trouble-making daughter of the janitor, Discord.

  • ...
13
 169
 4,530

A Declaration of Forgiveness In The Form of Pink Paper

The sheer amount of emotional pain that Screwball felt was on a completely new level compared to anything she had felt in quite a long time. She’d run out of tears quite a while ago, but still felt the urge to cry her eyes out after everything that happened at school that day. Since she was void of tears at this point though, she had simply resolved to sitting in her room, whimpering, looking at the ceiling with a miserable look on her face, and drowning her misery in an entire gallon of chocolate milk.

“Uugh, well…I’m all alone again. Dad’s working the night shift, Sunset hates me, and I’m just sitting here knowing that it’s my own fault.” Screwball sighed before taking another big gulp of her chocolate milk. It tasted good, but it only helped so much. “…Not exactly the way I thought I’d be spending my Friday night.” She sighed.

Her attempts at humoring herself were failing badly. Screwball had only been this depressed one other time, which was when Jet Stream had openly humiliated her at her old school. She was able to handle that problem by pranking her up the wall, and that made her feel a lot better. This time though, she didn’t see any way around this problem. She betrayed her only friend’s trust, and because of her behavior, she was by herself again.

Strife, who got up from his small doggy bed in the corner of the room, tried tapping on his owner’s forehead to get any sort of response out of her. She’d been like this for way too long, and it was starting to get a little ridiculous in his eyes.

“Mmmph. Fuck off Strife, I’m not in the mood.” Screwball mumbled. Strife put his paws on his hips and gave a disappointed head-shake. Deciding that maybe Screwy needed her space right now, he crawled his way back to his bed and made an attempt to get back to sleep.


Screwball sat up and shook her head. “Nngh…I’m just destined to be alone forever aren’t I? Driving people nuts and drinking chocolate milk is really all I have going for me now isn’t it?” She asked herself. She was about to take another swig at it, when nothing came out of the bottle. Opening one of her eyes, she noticed the entire bottle was now empty, meaning she had drank an entire gallon of chocolate milk in the span of about an hour.

“…Or not. I’m out of chocolate milk. Story of my life.” She grumbled bitterly to herself. Screwball got up very slowly as if her body weighed a million tons and walked into the kitchen to get another bottle. She opened up the fridge and reached inside. However, appearing too upset to pay attention to what she was doing, Screwball accidently grabbed a bottle of squeezable mayonnaise and drank it. The second it hit her tongue though, she was immediately aware something wasn’t right here.

“Gak! Oh God, what’s wrong with this milk?!” She looked down at the bottle in her hand and realized her mistake. “Oh……meh.” She shrugged her shoulders as she proceeded to continue to drink it.

Just then, the doorbell to her house rang, making her head shoot up. “Hm? Now who in the right mind would bother me now of all times? I’m busy being depressed here.” Screwball groaned. “Well…might as well see what they want.” In the time that she was walking to the door, Screwball figured that whoever was ringing the doorbell must have been very impatient, because it rang several more times before she finally opened it.

Behind it was a grey, blonde-haired girl with crossed eyes holding an envelope in her mouth…

Who was still ringing the doorbell several seconds after Screwball had already answered the door.

After a few more seconds of this, Screwball couldn’t take it anymore and simply grabbed the girl’s wrist, and lowered it back down to her side.

“…Can I help you?” Screwball asked in a sarcastic tone.

The girl took the envelope out of her mouth. “Hi! I got something for a “Screwball.” Sunset Shimmer said she lived here.” The girl said with a smile, holding out the envelope for Screwball after removing it from her mouth.

This certainly got Screwball’s attention. What did Sunset want with her? After what went down at school, she was legitimately surprised that Sunset would even want anything to do with her. Regardless, Screwball took the envelope and looked down curiously at it.

“…You know what this thing’s about?” Screwball asked. The girl shrugged her shoulders and shook her head in response.

“Nnnnope, sorry!” the girl said, still smiling seemingly obliviously. For a few moments, an awkward silence lingered between Screwball and this overly-happy girl as her crossed eyes only continued to stare at her, and Screwball’s purple and swirled ones also staring confusedly back.

Not being able to take the sheer awkwardness of this situation anymore, Screwball very slowly shut the door without another word. Even then though, the girl still appeared to be outside when Screwball looked through the window next to the door.

“…And people say I’M weird.” Screwball muttered to herself. Screwball tried not to dwell on the subject any longer, and instead took her attention back to the matter at hand. Why would Sunset even attempt to talk to her after Screwball messed up as bad as she did? What would possess her to do this?...

Or maybe this envelope was rigged to explode the second she opened it. It could’ve been Sunset’s way of giving Screwball a taste of her own medicine, and to add insult to injury after their argument at the school. It seemed like a perfectly reasonable assumption to her.

After sighing for a moment and considering her options, Screwball decided to just take what was coming to her. She ever so slowly and cautiously started to rip the envelope open…

Only to find pink paper in there. No explosion.

This baffled Screwball to no end. “Ummm…maybe she wants me to give myself papercuts?...hang on…” She took the paper out of the envelope and looked curiously down at it. It seemed to be a letter of some sorts. Screwball’s swirled eyes scanned over the paper as she read it to herself. She found it rather difficult though, as the writing was pink ink on pink paper.

Screwy.

We gotta talk. I’ve got all the girls sort of breathing down my neck while I write this, so I’m just going to get straight to the point.

We both messed up. Bad. Yes, you have done some pretty bad stuff before, but that does NOT make you a bad person. I REALLY shouldn’t have given up on you as quick as I did. I should’ve been more patient with you, and I'm sorry. If you'll give me another chance to, then I'll still be willing to work with you through this whole, "Big Sister" program stuff.

If you want to talk about this a little more, then meet me at Sugarcube Corner. But if you’re too pissed off at me, then I completely get it. I’d be pretty mad at me too if I were you.

Sunset.

P.S. Blame Pinkie for the pink ink on pink paper.

Screwball was at a loss for words. She almost couldn’t even wrap her head around the fact that Sunset wasn’t angry with her after all the things she did, and especially after Screwball tried to pin the blame on her after she pranked all of the boys.

“…She’s…not mad at me?...” She asked herself. She looked back down at the paper again to make sure she hadn’t misread anything, and to look for any signs of condescending sarcasm anywhere in there. None was found.

“…Did all that chocolate milk make me hallucinate then?” She asked herself again. To try and dismiss or confirm this theory, she rubbed the paper all over her face to see if it was even really there. Not only was it there, but the paper smelled like frosting, probably courtesy of Pinkie Pie coming in contact with it.

“…Okay…so maybe she really does wanna see me…well…I guess I’m going to Sugarcube Corner then.” Screwball said, still looking probably the most confused she’d ever been in her life. She slowly made her way into the garage, and looked upon her shiny, purple dirtbike that had her matching purple helmet hanging off of one of the handlebars. She quickly snatched up her helmet, grabbed her keys off of a nearby hook hanging from the wall, and mounted her dirtbike.

“Alright Sexy, get me to Sugarcube Corner right now!” she said as she started her bike up. Mounted on one of the handlebars was a small remote with a tiny red button on it. When Screwball pushed it, the garage door opened ever so slowly out to Screwball’s front yard. Once it was fully open, Screwball took off, hoping to get to Sugarcube Corner as quickly as possible, just in case Sunset were to change her mind about forgiving her.

“…Seriously wondering what she really wants me for though…” Screwball muttered to herself as she speeded her way towards Sugarcube Corner with the wind blowing through her hair as she drove her bike to her destination.

Author's Note:

So basically, I wanted to give both Screwball and Sunset their own chapter to realize they were BOTH at fault and not just Screwball. :twilightsmile:

Next chapter will for sure be the ending I've decided by the way. Hoping it'll kinda wrap things up for this story, while still leaving room for the sequel relating to Rainbow Rocks. Yes, it's been confirmed at this point before the fic is even done. :rainbowlaugh:

Anyway, comments are always appreciated, have a good day everypony. :twilightsmile: