• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 1,684 Views, 61 Comments

A new dawn on Ponyville - Sweetie Belle writes



The story brings us to a not so far away town just outside the reach of the big city lights...

  • ...
2
 61
 1,684

Chapter 1: A new dawn on ponyville

It was a warm summer morning as the winds from the northeast mountains blew a cool breeze across the landscape which made the grass whistle when the gust lightly passed it and onto the town below.

The winds fell into the large open town pass there gates and gave a refreshing uplifting satisfaction to the pony's that were playing and walking around the colossal town.

The town was full of life from the pony's and other animals that came and toured the town to take part in some of the outstanding activities that the town holds every week that very's from the great unicorn magic competition to the running of the winter leaves. The sun light shines through the clouds and down onto one of the houses where it starts getting smaller to form a beam of light that shines onto the glass of one house and gleams into the face of one young Alicorn named dawn.

''Awww stupid sun always coming up at the wrong time'' he says rolling around his bed holding the covers over his face to block the sun light from hitting him in the face with the nonstop rolling he fell on the floor landing right on his head and hitting his nearby desk causing a oddly placed alarm clock to land right on his head*. ''Ouch that hurt''

Dawn gave a loud cry as he picked up the clock and throw it across his bedroom into the wall where it fell into the trashcan* That thing did not even wake me up on time again, what a drag now i'm late again and i know I had something or someplace to be today but where? Dawn waves his black and yellow tail back in forth trying to recall what he was to do today* Hmm beats me, I guess i should really start my day anyway no point in being this lazy its not even noon yet.

When Dawn said noon everything snapped into place for him* ''No no oh no im late'' he gave a cry* I forgot that was today meeting with master she is going to kill me if i'm late again this will be the 17th time im late for one of are meeting she told me if i miss another or am late to another she would have me doing paperwork till I was old as Equestria and it was to scary to even ask how old that town was.

Dawn rushed his way into the bathroom and turned on the sink and ran a quick shower* ''Time to multitask'' Dawn said as grabbing his toothbrush and putting tooth paste on the brush he jumps into the shower and starts to take a quick shower and brush his teeth at the same time*

Dawn is finding it hard to brush his teeth and wash himself at the same time so he jumps right out of the shower and looks in the mirror at this mane which was unruly * ''Awww looks good to me '' Dawn runs and opens his window and steps back a few steps before running and jumping out of the window where he opens his wings and he glides down the the marketplace below * Like always in outstanding landing by the one and only dawn''

Dawn stands there is the roaring streets of the town just talking about how amazing he is and what he can do so easy he talks to himself for over 5mins * One of the pony's that ran a nearby apple store she calls out to dawn* '' Heya dawn you are talking to yourself again and your late again'' Dawn fells on the ground noticing that he is really late again* '' Thank you grand ma

'' Dawn rushes down the market way past the shopping pony's nearly knocking a few of them out of his way he runs right into a old earth pony that was carrying a bunch of apples in a box the apples flew way up into sky* '' Oh no I got this ace flyer Dawn will save your apples from the harsh dirty dirt of the ground.

'' With that Dawn opens his wings and flew above the market where he blends in with the sun where his darkly colored yellow wings mix with the bright yellow color of the sun it looks like an eclipse if you was watching from far away as dawn dashes down catching each of the apples one by one than landing right on the ground causing a little dust cloud to form around his feet*

'' Hahah that was easy and took me less than 15 seconds I am a beast of the sky no one can stop me'' The old earth pony watches as dawn keeps on talking about how amazing he is and that was* '' Hey sonny shouldn't you be getting somewhere its almost noon from what my watch tells me it will be in like 15mins'' Dawn falls on the ground and lowers his tail and layes on the ground the dirt gets on his tail that was still kinda wet from the quick shower he took earlier*

'' If I keep stopping like this i'm going to be late once again, but really sad part is that I don't really recall where master told me to meet her at. If i'm late she will snap on me again and I will be writing forever and reading old history books'' Dawn stands up and his tail waves back in forth* '' I wont be late not this time I will make myself this promise right now, now i know I was to met her by some type of tower but which one that's the question?'' Dawn looks up at the sky and watches the clouds watching the clouds always helped him remember things for some reason*

The Southeast bell tower gave a loud ring and than it came to dawn like a ton of hay* '' That's it , Southeast bell tower was the place I was to met up with master but that is bout 24mins away from here what can I do to make it there really quick '' Dawn looks around the area looking for something that will help him get there faster* '' Come on think dawn , think whats fast? What gets pony's places really fast? There has to be something anything can do.

Dawn looks around first at a box of apples that where being sold by a local shop keep , than to a hay stack that was placed on the ground just sitting there and than he turned his head to a taxi cab* '' That's it Dawn runs and grabs the hay stack and throws 15 bits as payment on the table and will still running picks up a stick and a piece of string and ties them together into some type of rod and bait device*

Dawn notices that there was a rather large bull over by the one of the shops , dawn steps back and takes a deep breath and runs and leaps on the bulls back holding the hay in front of him, once the smell of the hay got into the bulls nose it changed from nice care free bull to rampaging wild bull that wants some hay to eat, as dawn holds the hay making the bull charge pass market stand after market stand* '' Im really making good time doing this but the ride is a little bumpie'' After riding the bull for a little over 7mins he was already half way there to the Southeast tower all there was to do was cross the bridge.

Dawn still riding the bull passed a few signs but dawn payed them no mind he was kinda day dreaming while riding on the bull dawn day dreams alot only when he has something on his mind , he is happy laying on the bull but in his mind he is hearing somepony yelling at him to slow down and stop * '' aww who could this be'' Dawn opens his eyes and see's just up ahead that the bridge to cross was out and there was pony's up there working on it * ''Oh no this is not good I have araging bull charging at a broken bridge and pony's are in my way what else could possibly go wrong'' One of the worker pony's up head yelled at dawn* ''Hey kid you gotta stop this bridge is out and the water below has been drained , if you fall in you will really get smashed up son*

Dawn lets out a big yawn* '' Can things not ever go my way ever really this sucks'' Dawn stands up on the bull and pushes his mane back over his head showing off his horn his black and yellow mane was blowing in the wind* ''Ok this may not be the best time to try this but its worth a shot aleast;; Dawn trys to use magic which for his whole life he has not really been able just a little here and there its mostly off and on but he starts trying to form some type of magic to stop the bull but nothing was happening* '' Oh my pony! crap still nothing i guess this was not the best time to try this i guess looks like i'm bucked'' But just before dawn thought of in idea*

''The hay that's it i can use the hay to stop him from running off and into the rocks'' Dawn picked up the rod over his head and started spinning it around him very fast and he lets it go flying behide him* '' Hey bull dude your missing the all you can hay eat behide you bro'' The bull stops on cue sending dawn flying right into the whole with the deadly sharp rocks at the bottom* '' Ok i was wrong before now im truly bucked, its been fun '' Just before dawn hits the rocks he is stopped mid-air and has a light blue aura around him and he hear's a voice call out to him* '' Dawn your always late and you where almost killed'' Dawn looks up and see's that its his master that catched him* '' Master Luna my beloved teacher I could not tell you how close that was because I you know planned this I was going to open my wings at the last second and fly outta here''

Luna looks at dawn with a Oh really look* '' So you saying that if i did not catch you, you was going to fly just before hitting these here rocks and more than likely killing yourself once again'' Dawn shakes his head* '' Yup'' Luna brings dawn over and drops him on the ground and lands face first and his butt was up in the air and his tail layed on his head* ''Dawn your hopeless sometimes you know that?'' Dawn picks himself up from the ground and brushes off the dirt* '' Im not helpless Im helpful you should have seen me to day no pony could stop me from getting here on time'' Luna laughs* ''What the Hay is so funny Luna'' Luna looks at dawn* '' Your 1hour and 7mins late, did you forget its Sunlight saving's time?'' Dawn blushes and turns away to not look like more of a fool* '' No i did not forget I was just testing you that's it yah it was a test and you passed''.

Luna and dawn start to laugh for a bit* ''Heya dawn but really we need to talk about why I called you here today , your training under me is done as of right now you will no longer be my student,'' Dawn is in shock looking at luna* '' come on luna stop kidding around'' Luna walks next to dawn* ''This is no joke nor it is not the joke day of the week that is saturday and today is monday, but really your training is done and I have a task that you must do to see if all your training was for something.'' Dawn gets kinda mad* ''Hey what do you mean my training is done you clearly see that I still cant use magic and I can bearly fly the only way i can fly is if i fly fast'' Luna cuts him off* ''Dawn i'm your master and teacher and your friend I know your ready Iv been with you for a long time i'v seen you grow up to become the outstanding ailcorn you are today, by all means you are ready maybe even more for this task'' Dawn sits there listening to his teacher* ''Now dawn your task is not easy and i would not trust anyone else to do this but you I can tell you can get the job done are you ready to hear why I asked you here on this day is?''

Dawn gives a shake to his head and looks up at his master and friend* '' I'm more than ready''