• Published 24th Mar 2012
  • 1,682 Views, 61 Comments

A new dawn on Ponyville - Sweetie Belle writes



The story brings us to a not so far away town just outside the reach of the big city lights...

  • ...
2
 61
 1,682

Chapter 6: What to do now ?

It was still dark outside it was somewhere between midnight or later you could tell because nopony's homes had any sign of light coming from them you could not hear anything, but some of the bugs from the Evergreen forest buzzing around making sounds off in the distance the forest was not to far from the town, if you wanted you could get there from town center in less than ten minutes, but the walk would take you down a new pathway that was built up a few year's ago by the looks of it, it kinda had grass growing through some of the cracks in the road.

The pathway if you followed it looked lead you past the Old bell tower and the school and if you keep heading down that pathway you will find yourself on a road that was covered in moss and vines that broke the through the brick's which looked like the forest was trying to tell you to stop and do not enter, many of the pony's that were working on that road did not wanna continue but some of the other worker pony's did not care and they saw the forest as being an obstacles that had to be over come, as for those pony's that continued they where never seen again some story's after that came to light saying that the forest ate them or killed them.

Many pony's from there on out had a fear that stayed in there hearts and minds it almost has become taboo no pony likes to talk about the forest but there is a few rumor's about the forest that older pony's tell there little sister's or brother's to scare them before they go to sleep, Dawn has heard the rumor's even when he was living in Canterlot but he was not scared of that but on the other hand he was more curious than anything,a forest full of monster's that would turn the bravest of pony's into the wimpiest pony's you have ever seen,this only made Dawn wanna test his stuff if he wanted to become a Wonderbolt he needed to be strong and brave and face any fear or challenge that he is faced with and soon he would.

Dawn still tired from the whole ordeal could barely keep his head up as he was laying across the back of Rarity she was using her magic and pulling him as well Dawn was much heavier than he looked but rarity was much stronger than she looked as well she was able to pull Dawn with easy, as the chill of the night wind blew across the face of Rarity than to Dawn

the chill caused Rarity to shake a little to try and warm up just a bit, Dawn felt Rarity shaking.

Dawn than had a flash back to when he was training with Luna during the cold season, Dawn was training hard trying to push himself pass his limits with his nonstop training till his flying was at peak perfection but Dawn was pushing himself to hard as Luna saw so she made him stop as she started tending to his wounds a question popped into Dawn's mind.* ( Why help we you barely know me I don't understand ?) Luna was able to pick up on what Dawn said in his mind as she was wrapping up the last of the tape to his legs as she said.* ( it's because even if we don't know each other see at all i'm here to help you and i hope you would help anypony that you meet that would help you cause that's just the right thing to do.)

Dawn than took breath of the fresh night air as it blew through his mane and down the back of his tail. Dawn pushed himself off the back of Rarity and onto the ground when Dawn landed on the ground both all his hoof's felt oddly heavier it almost took Dawn by surprise the feeling in his legs and body, he felt like his energy was still not all the way back to normal or maybe he was tired still, Dawn thought to himself as the wind blew right into his face making his mane blew left than to the right it was kinda hard for Dawn to keep a good sight on the pathway, but he was able to keep on walking next to Rarity.

As if it seemed like a lifetime has pasted them, Dawn starts to get a little walking tired, but it was not the walking that was getting to him, he has not said anything to the Rarity even though she offered to let me spend the night there, Dawn had mixed feelings on this whole thing about going to Rarity's house he start to think about jumping over the fence that was next to the pathway and making a dash for the woods but Dawn knew nothing about this town nor the woods which in the back of Dawn's mind he had a little fear, but not as much fear as going to somepony's house he did not even know.

The only pony that Dawn ever spent time over there house was Luna's and that wasn't even a house it was a castle and Rarity was a pony that Dawn just meet not even an hour ago, Dawn's face turned a light green he was confused and felt like his stomach had butterflies in it and now his hoof's started to become light with each passing step as they grow closer to Rarity's home, Rarity turned her head around noticeing that Dawn has not said a word in over an hour she started to think maybe he did not trust her or something or maybe Twilight told him about herself, Rarity than started to turn the same light green as Dawn was a bit ago, as she looked at him, she watches him for a good second or to she really never meet nor saw a ailcorn this close before.

Than the thought entered Rarity's mind (what if he dose not like my home or what if he see's my dress and since he is from Canterlot he must have seen millions of amazing dress and mine will look like pony trash to him.) Rarity started to walk a little faster keeping bout five - ten hoof's away from Dawn, After looking back up Dawn notices that Rarity was almost out of sight and he was getten left in the dust, Dawn did not wanna get left so just as she was gone from his point of view Dawn stopped in his tracks as he spread both of his wings apart his wings felt a cool breeze from the north come in as the wind hit his wings it was refreshing almost like nice cool glass of water.

Dawn than started to run as fast as he could he jumped into the air he was gelding close to the ground making sure not to fly to high and avoid the trees above he did not know how far ahead Rarity was till it was to late, Dawn saw a purple tail that seemed to just appear out of nowhere, he came up on him to has and Dawn could not making any moves to get out of the way in time all he was able to do was let out a call to Rarity hoping she heard him*. ( Hey get not of the way. I cant slow down )

But it was to late Dawn crashed right into the butt of Rarity, the crash caused Rarity to lose her hoofing and make her roll and crash into a large white door as where Dawn keep on flying crashed face first into the large white door, Dawn slipped down from the door and fell unto the the ground he looked as if he was knocked out again with grass all in his mane if you would have saw him on a different day you could have called him a monster, but it was nothing much just a few leaves here and there, nothing he was new of.

Just than Rarity stood up she was a little dirty from the crash her hoof's had spots of dirt on each of them, as she looked down she noticed them but she did not freak out knowing that her loud yelling would almost scare Dawn to death, but she did cry a bit but than cleaning her face before standing back up, she walked over to where Dawn laying on the ground she helped him back to his feet.

Dawn moved his head left and right, cracking his neck after a fight like that most pony's would have been knocked out not Dawn he was hit so many tree's in his life time one of his silly dream's that he had when he was a tiny little pony was to be a tree, with the leaves and the branches and stuff he thought that it would be really fun to sit there and let the sun warm you up forever but there was just one thing wrong with being a tree and that was the animal poo oh yah the animal poo Dawn thought that trees would have it easy till he say a group of birds do some pretty bad things to the tree, Dawn always thought from that day if he was going to be a tree than he hoped to get the birds that did not eat a massive amount of birdseeds the night before.

Dawn looked at the door aswell he was in awe this door was so amazing and shiny it looked like the doors that are in Canterlot as a smile came onto Dawn's face, he looked at Rarity smiling as he said.*

(What in amazing building this looks the same or even better than the homes in Canterlot its outstanding , do you live here?) Rarity gave a smile back as she was kinda feeling herself she wanted to act like this was nothing and she could have much better. ( oh this old thing it's a 90's style pony 4th gen white gemstone house from the firestone model its nothing really.) Dawn's face looked more lost than a apple in a orange factory when she started talking about house styles and stuff he just gave a nob as if he knew what she was talking about.

Rarity than used her magic to open the door to her home as she pushed both the doors open the doors made a sound that was kinda hard for Dawn to figure out where he heard that sound from before it was like music but different but all the same sounded very nice to one's ear's as Dawn walked into the house of Rarity he walked to the center of the home he was still looking around, Rarity than closed the door she walked in behide Dawn as she smelled the air she smelled Dawn shh let out a almost dying noise as she covered her noise with a tissue from a nearby box.

( my good heaven's of Ponyville Dawn you need to take a bath stat,) Dawn looked at himself than smelled himself from hoof to hoof.(is it really that bad?)

Rarity unicorn horn glowed a bright purple as a washes brush came flying down the hall way.( the bathroom is on the right you must hurry , you smell really bad , and make sure you wash your mane it looks rather dirty.) Dawn's face turned a light shade of red he must have smelled really bad, but Dawn did not mind the smell but he still was a guest so he walked his way into the bathroom and began the bath for himself as he washed his mane you could see the colors of his mane become bright as the dirt was being washed away*

After a hour shower that bathroom looked like pony war one went past it but other than that everything was still good looking inside the bathroom, as Dawn finished drying himself off he looked like a new pony all together he had a shine to him and his mane colors was bright and shiny he kinda liked being clean just not all the time, as he walked back out to the main hall pass the other side rooms he made his way back into the main living room where Rarity was sitting, as he sit across the room from her. Rarity looked over at Dawn she gave a smile.( Oh my you do clean up nice and your mane looks amazing I bet you feel good now that all that dirt is off you?)

Dawn looked at Rarity.( oh i never really care if i get dirty its just dirt right?) Rarity gave Dawn a funny look as she begin to laugh but in the back of her mind she still wanted to ask Dawn a few things that she wanted to know.

(So Dawn is it ok if I ask you a few Questions?) Dawn started to think it over but he felt it was ok since he was staying in her house as a guest anyway.( No problem at all ask away) Rarity gave a smile as she started to think of a question to ask Dawn but in her mind she already knew what question she was going to ask.( So Dawn why did you come all the way here to Ponyville for and why was you looking for Twilight and how do you know her?)

The question almost shocked Dawn but he felt that was going to be on of the questions asked but not the first one , as Dawn looked around the room than back to Rarity he said.* ( Ok I will tell you listen up I only can say this once and don't go around telling every other pony.)

Dawn opened his lips as the words looked like they where never going to come out, he said.*

Twilight she is my,,,,,,

Continued in Chapter Seven