• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 6,201 Views, 188 Comments

The Curse of Discord - Creative Charmer



After defeating a chaos-causing cloud, Twilight starts undergoing strange and chaotic changes...

  • ...
17
 188
 6,201

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: A Flood of Chaos

Since they had started running, the ponies and Spike had arrived at the path Rainbow said the cloud was following, and they had been following the path since. The path went through a small grove of trees, and everyone could see the cloud on the other side of the tree line where the path exited the trees. They all continued on the path into the grove, although it got a bit dense and hard to see the sky outside of the trees, so they couldn't see the cloud at all.

"Ah hope we don't lose that cloud while we're in here," Applejack said.

"I'm sure we can still catch up with it," Rainbow responded with fortitude.

"She's right, Applejack," Twilight added. "We just have to keep running and not stop."

"Are yah sure we'll be able to spot it once we git by these trees?" Applejack asked Twilight.

Just then, the ponies and Spike had exited the tree line. Twilight then looked up ahead of everyone. "I think we'll be able to spot it just fine," she said in a slightly jokey way. Applejack then looked where Twilight was looking, and she could see the cloud was only a short distance ahead of them.

"Ah think yah may be right," Applejack replied in the same jokey way Twilight talked.

"Then let's hurry up and catch that thing!" Rainbow exclaimed as she pounded her left front hoof into her right front hoof. She then started flying faster, and the other ponies began running faster.

Ahead of them, the cloud was still slowly moving along the path. The path then went up a small incline, and the cloud went over it, keeping its same distance from the ground. While it was going over the incline, the ponies were just about to catch up with the cloud, as they were about to run up the incline. But then, the cloud opened up on its bottom section, and fired a white magical lightning bolt at the path. The whole path glowed white, making the ponies and Spike look down as they were running over the path. The glowing then dissipated, and everyone was shocked to see that the path they were running on had turned into soap! Because of this, everypony except Rainbow Dash slipped on the soap, causing them to slide down the incline, all the way back to the bottom.

Rainbow, who was still flying overhead, stopped in midair and turned her head back as she saw everyone else sliding down the path. She looked worried for her friends, but then she turned her head back forwards and saw the cloud, which was still moving. Rainbow was having a difficult time deciding whether she should go after the cloud or help her friends and let the cloud get farther away. She kept looking back and forth a few times, but then she stopped and grabbed the sides of her head in frustration, making a grimace on her face. She then turned to the right and flew back quickly to help her friends. The others were sliding on the level part of the path now, unable to stop themselves. Rainbow then flew down to Pinkie, who was the first one sliding backwards, and pushed against the side of her body to slow her down. The others slid into Pinkie, all ramming together into a cluster, but with Rainbow kept pushing and stopped everyone from sliding any further.

"Whew...thanks, Rainbow Dash," Twilight said as she attempted to get back up on her hooves.

"No problem, Twi," Rainbow replied. "Is everyone okay?"

"Ah'm fine."

"I think I'm okay, too, I guess..."

"No soap got in my mane, so I am doing quite well."

"That was fun!" Pinkie exclaims as she bounced up on her hooves. "Anypony want to do that again??" she asked eagerly as she looked around at everyone, to which everyone except Fluttershy and Spike gave her a nasty look.

"Ugh..." Spike grumbled as he clutched his stomach. "I think that made me sick all over again..." He said with a bit of wooziness. "Can we rest for a little bit?"

"There's no time!" Twilight exclaimed. "We have to catch up to that cloud!" she then jumped to the right, off of the soap path and onto the ground. "Come on, everyone!" she exclaimed as she placed Spike on her back with her magic. The other ponies then jumped onto the side of the path Twilight was on, except for Rainbow Dash, who flew instead. They all proceeded to run up alongside the path back to the incline.

While the ponies and Spike were trying to regain the amount of distance they lost between them and the cloud, the cloud was still on the move. The cloud seemed to be aware that it was being followed by those seven, and it wanted to get rid of them. The cloud then zapped another magic lightning bolt up at a group of nearby clouds, and they all turned into cotton candy clouds. It zapped more clouds near and far, turning them all into cotton candy. Al the clouds started grouping together, forming into one giant cloud. While the clouds were been grouping together, the chaos cloud had flown through them. When the pink clouds were big enough, they started raining chocolate milk.

While still running, Applejack looked ahead and saw the pink clouds. "Uh-oh; everyone, ah think we have a new problem," she said as she turned her head towards the others.

"Oh, no..." Twilight said with fear.

"Is that what I think it is?" Rarity asks with worry.

"It looks like chocolate milk!" Rainbow Dash says.

Pinkie gasped loudly. "That's fantastic!!" she exclaimed with great joy. "I never thought this would happen again!"

"Well, it's going to take a lot more than chocolate milk rain to stop us!" Twilight exclaimed, and she and the others continued running, and they were almost at the incline.

Meanwhile, the chaos cloud had floated to the opposite side of the pink cloud that was facing the ponies and Spike. The chaos cloud zapped the pink cloud again, and the chocolate rain started pouring harder, and now the rain was gushing out of the pink cloud in large quantities.

Twilight and the others had finally arrived at the incline, and they were running up it. When they were almost at the top, there was a rumbling sound the made everypony stop.

"Ah don't like the sound of that," Applejack said.

"I especially don't like the sound of that..." Fluttershy said in a moderately frightened way.

"Maybe it's just my stomach," Spike said, still sounding a bit sickened. Then, the rumbling grew louder, and the ground started shaking more. "...that's not my stomach, is it?" Spike said, now sounding a bit frightened himself.

Everybody exchanged looks with each other, and when the rumbling got its loudest, they all looked forwards at the top of the incline, where, suddenly, a giant wave of chocolate milk rose up over the top of the incline!

At the sight of this wave, everyone was scared, so they all turned around and retreated—everyone, that is, except for Pinkie Pie. When she saw the wave, she stood where she was, marveling at its great, chocolatey wonder. After everyone ran away, Pinkie flopped her rump down on the ground, opened her mouth as wide as she could, and outstretched her front legs, more than eager for the chocolate tidal wave to meet her. The wave then came down and crashed onto Pinkie Pie, sweeping her away down the incline. Everyone else was still running, looking freaked out by the wave of chocolate. Rainbow Dash was flying right above the others, and she turned her head around, she saw the wave about to crash on her and the others, too! Before she could get a chance to fly away, the wave came down on her and swept all the ponies and Spike across the ground and out onto the grassy area next to the path, where the wave finally dissipated.

There were puddles of chocolate milk all over the ground, and the ponies and Spike were soaked as well. Everyone was moaning from the beating they took from the wave.

Twilight was on her back, and she lifted her head up. "You know, that apple tree is looking better right about now," she said with soreness.

"Well, I think both the tree and the wave weren't that good," Fluttershy said as she lifted her head up. "But if you think the tree was better, then I won't argue..."

Rarity partially sat up, and she used her left hoof to pick up her soaked mane so she could look at it. "Ewww!" she says in disgust. "My hair is completely soaked with chocolate! This will take me days to clean and perfect!"

"Ah think that's the least of our problems now," Applejack said as she lifted her head up.

"You're telling me!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed with frustration as she sat up. "We just got beaten by chocolate milk!" she said as she clenched her hooves in anger.

"Chocolate milk..?" Pinkie Pie moaned. She was lying on her back with her head lifted up and her belly looked filled with chocolate milk. "Oh, no more for me, thanks..." she said woozily as she waved her left front leg in the air and flopped her back down onto the ground.

Spike groaned as he clutched his stomach. "Why is it that whenever I start to feel better, that cloud always does something to make me feel sick all over again??"

"Well, it won't be making anybody sick anymore!" Twilight exclaimed with determination as she stood up on all fours. "This is the last straw! We're going to put a stop to that cloud once and for all!"

"You said it!" Rainbow says as she flies up into the air. "That cloud won't be raining chocolate milk on me again!" she exclaims with anger and determination.

"I'm normally not one to be angry," Fluttershy said. "...but that mean old cloud will be punished for hurting my friends!" Fluttershy also said with anger and determination, but sounding a lot less big then Rainbow Dash.

"Yes!" Twilight added. "We won't allow him to get away with this!"

"Right!" Pinkie Pie and Applejack agreed.

"Ugh...right," Spike groaned in agreement as he lay on his back.

"Then let us quickly move out!" Twilight exclaimed as she pointed in the direction the cloud had gone with her hoof.

"Wait!" Rarity called out, making the others all look at her. "Can't I at least wash my hair first?" Twilight, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack all gave her demeaning looks. Rarity looked at each of them. "...yes, I do suppose I could wash it later," she said as she stood up.

"As I was saying," Twilight said as she used her magic to put Spike on her back. "Let us move out!" Twilight pointed in the same direction again. The other ponies stood up on all fours and gathered behind Twilight, looking just as determined as Twilight was. Then, with all deliberate speed, the ponies and Spike took off towards the cloud, more determined than ever to end the cloud's reign of chaos once and for all.

PreviousChapters Next