• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 6,202 Views, 188 Comments

The Curse of Discord - Creative Charmer



After defeating a chaos-causing cloud, Twilight starts undergoing strange and chaotic changes...

  • ...
17
 188
 6,202

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13: Some Much Needed Clarification 4/5

As you may already know, Discord's reign over Equestria was not everlasting. Though nopony dared to stand up to his power beforehoof, there came two individuals who did just that: two pony sisters by the names of Celestia and Luna. He knew not of the origins of these two ponies—nor did he know why they possessed both wings and horns, as Discord had never seen such a thing before—he was really quite intrigued by this sudden occurrence, and decided to hear the ponies out.

Celestia, the elder pony, proclaimed to Discord that his time as the tyrannical ruler of Equestria had come to its end, and that they would be the two to break his hold over the defenseless ponies of Equestria. Luna interpolated her own thoughts on the matter, saying that no living being in this world deserved to live in such horrid conditions and under the rule of a despicable creature like him. Of course, this being Discord, he simply thanked the winged, horned pony for her complimenting his methods and bowed before her.

Celestia and Luna had had enough of this depraved draconequus' debasing of their disparaging declarations. It was time for the sisters to show Discord why they were no pushovers—unfortunately for them Discord wasn't what one would call a "pushover", either...

The ponies contained considerably more magic than any other pony in Equestria—but as they soon discovered during their first encounter with Discord, his dark magic was still more than a match for their light magic. The ponies left in defeat, with Discord simply jubilant with his simplistic victory over the ponies who so foolishly believed they stood a chance against him; it was to laugh—which is exactly what Discord did right afterwards, making sure Celestia and Luna could hear him well...

What a delightful encounter that was for Discord—nopony ever had the courage to stand up to him before, and even though the clearly didn't stand a chance of beating him, it was still quite amusing to see them try and fail at it. Discord laughed and laughed till the sun went down—and the moon came up, and then the two celestial bodies continued switching places for the short time Discord spent cackling.

Discord's laughter soon receded, as something stirred within him—a thought stuck in the back of his mind. It had to do with the cutie marks the two ponies had: the elder with the sun on her flank, and the younger with the moon on her own. He felt he had seen those images someplace...someplace specific...and then it dawned on him.

The tree! That magic, crystal tree thing he discovered some time ago bore the same sun and moon markings as those two ponies on its trunk. He never understood why it had those markings before, but now he suspected that it had something to do with this Celestia and Luna...and it might not be so good for him.

Even though Discord had always considered himself the most powerful being in the world, his conviction in that had wavered upon discovering the tree. It was unlike anything before encountered by the lord of chaos, and he could sense that it held powerful magic inside it—magic far greater than any he himself possessed, as was shown when Discord attempted to destroy the arboreal menace, only for his dark magic to not leave even a scratch upon the crystalline plant. What a shocking blow this was to the self-proclaimed king of all things dark and chaotic.

Discord had been understandably flustered ever since his humiliating defeat at the hands(err, branches) of that accursed tree, and had not gone a single day without thinking about it. Though the tree never seemed to act on its own when using its magic(unless provoked by an outside force) Discord still retained a fear inside him that another user of light magic may unearth the tree and figure out how to harness its power for themselves—and then Discord's reign over Equestria would be threatened, which was something he could not allow...

Day by day, Discord had always spent some amount of the day(because he had reserved the majority of each day for spreading chaos, naturally) pondering over what could be done about that detestable hunk of crystal. This proved to be a difficult task, as normally Discord's magic was enough for him to solve any problem he managed to come across; but an object of such great magical power as this—he was at a total loss as to how he could get rid of it in one fell swoop!

And that's when it hit him(releasing yet another bolt of lightning in concurrence, which sent several nearby ponies flying).

Though the tree's power far exceeded his own, there existed a way for Discord to stop its magic once and for all—well, to a point, that is. Discord would not use his power to destroy the tree, but instead weaken it. The way the draconequus went about doing this was by creating small seeds, which he called "Plunderseeds". These seeds contained a sizable amount of dark magic in them that would prevent the tree for destroying them instantly. This would lead into the second phase of the plan, where many colossal vines would sprout from the tiny seeds and wrap their tendrils around the tree's entire body. Then, all together, the vines would generate a field of dark energy that surrounded every inch of the tree's exterior, severely weakening its power, albeit not destroying the tree itself, as the power would still exist within it.

As impressive as the power of the Plunderseeds was, incapacitating the tree alone would clearly not be enough, as if the vines were removed, the full power of the tree would be restored. But, Discord had thought of this as well, and thusly, he created the seeds to be somewhat sentient, as they would attack anyone who attempted to free the tree from their grasp; and with so many seeds, nobody could possibly stop them all at once—especially since the nearly unstoppable power of Discord resonated within each and every one of these chaotic little seedlings...

However, there still remained one final snag: those two sisters whom Discord had just encountered. He still remembered of their very possible connection to the tree, and though he did not fear them in the slightest upon their first meeting, he now retained a slight sense of trepidation that those sisters might find some way past his seemingly impenetrable Plundervine defense. Discord could not allow even the slightest possibility for those ponies to succeed in their mission to vanquish him and all he has created, and that is where the final phase of his Plunderseed plot falls into place.

Though Discord's magic was already present in the seeds, that would not be enough for his devious creations to stop the sisters, as they may not be present at the tree during the time of ensnarement. They would need to know to locate the ponies so they could be properly captured and detained; that is why Discord also inserted a small amount of intelligence into the Plunderseeds(which is not the same as the essence he gave to the cloud, as that contained more than just the ability to think), so they would know who it was they needed to track down so as to keep with their creator's plans of keeping Equestria the chaotic country that Discord has come to know and enjoy ruling over.

Now, the magic itself is what would give the odious plants the power needed to apprehend the Celestia and Luna, but how would they go about searching out the two ponies? Well, in all magical beings, whether they be creatures or objects, project an aura unique to themselves—it is this very aura which the Plunderseeds will utilize in their efforts to seek out and imprison the two sisters in confined quarters from which their limited magic cannot escape from; that is the final cog in Discord's perfect machine created for ensuring his sovereignty over Equestria can never and will never be jeopardize by any one(or more) beings in this world ever again...

Not much time had passed since Discord had finished the planning stage for his wicked scheme, and at this time his miniscule creations were completed: an entire small sack of them was grasped firmly in his talons. A devious smile was draped across Discord's face, as soon there would be no creature or object in this world that could ever hold the power stand up to him ever again. Discord laughed and laughed as he felt the glory of his perfect plan well up inside him. While enjoying himself so immensely, Discord reached into the bag of Plunderseeds and casually tossed one into his mouth, eating it like it were popcorn(the reason being that Discord made plenty extra for him to consume, as he loved the taste of his own dark magic—even if the seeds did taste a little planty). Discord continued eating the seeds and tossing them about, with the seeds burying themselves in the ground in order to begin their search and ensnarement of the tree and the two sisters. Certainly, this has been quite the productive day for Discord!

PreviousChapters Next