• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 6,200 Views, 188 Comments

The Curse of Discord - Creative Charmer



After defeating a chaos-causing cloud, Twilight starts undergoing strange and chaotic changes...

  • ...
17
 188
 6,200

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: Several Stops Along the Way 4/10

Twilight had marched adamantly out of Sugarcube Corner, unfaltering in her effort to make it to the train station; even if it meant having to make her friends catch up with her swift pace, as she left without waiting for them, her mind set only on reaching her destination.

"Twilight, wait for us!" Applejack shouted as the others followed behind her.

"No time for waiting!" Twilight shouted without looking back. "We cannot afford to be waylaid again! That is why I'm going straight to the train station without stopping or even looking around!"

Twilight's friends had just caught up with her. "We understand how much you want to get rid of your curse, Twilight..."

"...but you can't leave without us to assist you!"

"Especially not after all that we said back there!"

"Back where?" Pinkie inquired.

"At Sugarcube Corner, remember??" Rainbow retorted.

"Oh yeah!"

"I haven't forgotten what you've all said to me, which is exactly why I don't want to see or hear anything that may tempt my chaotic side to come out! I don't want all of your efforts to help me go to waste!" Such determination within Twilight could be clearly heard through her words, and her friends started to think that they should just go along with their friend's decision.

"Whatever you say, Twilight," Applejack said. "If you think that's the right thing to do, then we won't argue," the others all stated their agreement along with Applejack.

"I'm glad to hear you all agree. Now let us keep moving before anything else—"

Twilight slowed to a stop in the middle of her sentence, halting fully with her trotting as well. Her friends were bewildered with her sudden actions.

"Hey, Twilight, why are you stopping?"

"Didn't you say we didn't have any time to waste?"

"Twilight is making my head all confusled," Pinkie Pie said as she clasped her head.

"She seems to be looking at something," Fluttershy said, looking off in the same direction, which the others did as well.

Once focusing in the same direction as Twilight, her friends hurriedly discerned that the point of interest for Twilight was the nearby town well, which Twilight had her eyes wholly fixated upon.

"Why is she staring at the well?"

"Maybe she's thirsty!"

"No, she wouldn't want something taking time away from seeing the princess."

"Well, she's certainly taking a lot of time away now!"

"Yer right. Twilight, what's the matter?" Twilight made no response of any kind to her friend. Her seemingly lifeless eyes staring intently at the well, without a single noise or movement averting her concentration from the underground water container.

Applejack then realized that this whole situation looked familiar, and began to think about why it appeared so recognizable. That was when it hit her, and her entire being became encompassed by consternation. "Oh my gosh!" she shouted in fright. "It's her chaos side! It's gonna come out again!" the others became intensely alarmed by this realization, and were unsure of how to prevent it from happening again—but Applejack came up with an idea. "Everyone move Twilight's head!"

Without hesitation, the ponies and Spike swiftly converged on Twilight, with their hooves(and one pair of hands) scattered around her body and tried with all their might to lug their friend's gaze away from the ignition point for her untamed side. But, much to their astonishment, the combined strength of the five ponies and one dragon was entirely futile in the effort to draw Twilight's fixation away from the well. It was clear that the evil force within Twilight indeed how great power, which was much more than any of her friends could do anything about.

"This isn't working!"

"Well, we can't just let Twilight change into that mean, cake-throwing Twilight!"

"She's right! We have to do something!"

"Well, what would you suggest??"

Everyone was getting flustered over what should be done to help their friend. But then, one voice spoke out, "Might I make a suggestion?"

"What is i—" Applejack suddenly gasped in fright. The pony who had just spoken was Twilight, and, to everyone's horror, she had regressed to the malevolent, anarchistic Twilight yet again!

"In case you're all wondering, my suggestion...is this!" Without hesitation, Twilight formed a magical field around her body, and with one great burst, all her friends were thrusted away from Twilight, dispersed by a powerful bubble of magic and crashing on the ground in all different directions.

"Oh no!" Spike shouted as he quickly sat up.

"We're too late!"

"Yes, indeed," Twilight replied slyly. "It looks like you all were just a tad too belated," as Twilight nattered, she began to float up into the air, not looking like it was taking her any real effort. "Really much too bad, considering you managed to actually notice it this time before it happened. But I guess some of us are just a bit too slow on the pickup—and by us I mean all of you," she snickered loudly.

"Now then, where was I..? Ahh, right! I have a well to empty!" Twilight then floated herself over to the well, stopping right in the front. She peered down into the seemingly vacuous channel, which led down to the gallons upon gallons of fluctuating liquid: it was indeed a vast amount of water needed for Twilight's newest chicanery.

Twilight raised her arm and front leg, pointing them both down towards the well's shaft. She focused her powers and her mind down through the well into the pool of water that lies within. And then, to the shock of everyone there, Twilight's very hand and hoof began to glow with the energy of her incredible magical prowess.

"What's she doing?" Fluttershy asked in astonishment.

"It looks like she's using her magic, but without her horn!" Pinkie stated.

"Twilight's never done her magic without her horn before!"

"I don't think any unicorn has ever done that!"

"Somethin' tells me that Twilight isn't the one who got that power..." Applejack surmised.

As her friends conversed, Twilight continued her eddying of the water inside the well, swirling her leg and arm around to shake up the water. The vast amount of liquid swirled and swished around, splashing with force against the walls of the shaft. More and more violently did the water churn, splattering higher and higher onto the well walls.

Then, Twilight reared her arm and leg back, and threw them both aloft, with a hefty stream of water blasting out of the well with tremendous force and straight up into the sky shortly after. She then proceeded to bend her arm and leg down forward, with the water erupting from the well reacting the same way, now pouring up and to the side, and thusly the flooding of Ponyville had commenced.

PreviousChapters Next